Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,628 members, 7,813,074 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 06:27 AM

HRH Prof Chukwuemeka Ike Is Dead, And No Heir To The Throne - Culture (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / HRH Prof Chukwuemeka Ike Is Dead, And No Heir To The Throne (91999 Views)

Ohi Of Okene, HRH Isah Okatahi Holds Grand Reception Of His Coronation In Style / Enitan Ogunwusi, Ooni Of Ife's 3rd Anniversary On The Throne / Oba Adbulrasheed Akanbi Dressed As Emir Of Iwoland While Sitting On Throne (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: HRH Prof Chukwuemeka Ike Is Dead, And No Heir To The Throne by Ladyhippolyta88(f): 12:22pm On Jan 11, 2020
optimus106:
Other RHs spend ample time to make
numerous number of children
during their reign.

You?

You read so tey you no remember
say you no get successor.

Who tha fvck does that?

Abeg,pass the stool to someone
who has plan and conscious of
continuity.
Just shurrup and stop spilling nonsense lipsrsealed

1 Like

Re: HRH Prof Chukwuemeka Ike Is Dead, And No Heir To The Throne by Femeto: 12:23pm On Jan 11, 2020
Very simple another family should take ove probably the oldest the oldest in that town.
Re: HRH Prof Chukwuemeka Ike Is Dead, And No Heir To The Throne by optimus106(m): 12:23pm On Jan 11, 2020
Ladyhippolyta88:

Just shurrup and stop spilling nonsense lipsrsealed

I feel your pain my daughter,

The truth is bitter...

1 Like

Re: HRH Prof Chukwuemeka Ike Is Dead, And No Heir To The Throne by izubext007: 12:23pm On Jan 11, 2020
The Worst Thing A Man Would Do Is Getimg Married To A Bini Woman.

1 Like

Re: HRH Prof Chukwuemeka Ike Is Dead, And No Heir To The Throne by LadySarah: 12:26pm On Jan 11, 2020
[quote author=henryobinna post=85700145]

I think in mosts parts of the world where monarchy is practiced, there always solutions to situations like this.

But you saying some traditions has to change makes no sense at all, you have no right to ask for or even say that.

Who made you the decider of what traditions to stay and one to change?

People of today, due to their supposed wokeness that's turning the world upside down, keep giving suggestions where their opinions are useless, they want to fight for everything both what they know and what they don't.
[/quot

What if the boy is never found or disinterested with the throne?

The traditions were made by men and can also be changed to suit the times.
I doubt if you are igbo but perhaps if you are, man-made gods worshipped in igboland were thrown out when everyone agreed they have become useless. It's not an abomination.

Once there is a concord,tradition is amended.
The voice of the people is the voice of God!

1 Like

Re: HRH Prof Chukwuemeka Ike Is Dead, And No Heir To The Throne by BluntBoy(m): 12:26pm On Jan 11, 2020
This is sad news for me.

I know it must happen, but all those our legends are going one by one.

Cyprian Ekwensi

T.M. Aluko

Chinua Achebe

Elechi Amadi

Isidore Okpewho

Buchi Emecheta

Chukwuemeka Ike

May God keep my Soyinka for some more years. At least, until I get to shake his hand and have an autographed copy of one of his books, preferably Ake.

2 Likes

Re: HRH Prof Chukwuemeka Ike Is Dead, And No Heir To The Throne by Nobody: 12:26pm On Jan 11, 2020
delpee:

Prof. was the Registrar of WAEC years ago. Great writer too.

Very sad story about his offsprings. I pray that there's an amicable solution to this. So unfortunate that he died broken hearted (if true.) May his soul rest in perfect peace.

You don't have to quote the whole post just to make a comment.

It's annoying.

1 Like

Re: HRH Prof Chukwuemeka Ike Is Dead, And No Heir To The Throne by Ladyhippolyta88(f): 12:29pm On Jan 11, 2020
optimus106:

I feel your pain my daughter,

The truth is bitter...

What pain What truth?
Re: HRH Prof Chukwuemeka Ike Is Dead, And No Heir To The Throne by OdefaGirl(f): 12:30pm On Jan 11, 2020
Ladyhippolyta88:

When did igboland start having kingship aunty I thought the igbo system was more acephalous and republican than any.When did igbos start having kings?

What if the fertility issue is the kings fault should the Queen cheat on him since according to you there is a difference and the man should not love his wife but marry another did they not have an heir they had a child and were not childless now so what has happened after that.

Even if he married an igbo woman from his village a bad wife will always be a bad wife and will still do worse if she wants to.

Stop playing tribal sentiments because I have seen couples from the same place with many issues worse than this.Nothing is wrong with inter tribal marriages you don't tell people whom to love is the late man's wife not Yoruba why did she not abandon him and take their son away?Since inter tribal marriages things like this are bound to hapoen
So life happens anywhere

You can never understand my point.... because you don't understand the culture. It would have been easier to trace the child if the mum was Igbo... and they too would understand the need for that grandchild in that family, knowing fully well that there's no other option but him.
And who talked about loving his wife or not....
Find something else and argue with... not this.
Re: HRH Prof Chukwuemeka Ike Is Dead, And No Heir To The Throne by bilulu(m): 12:30pm On Jan 11, 2020
babyfaceafrica:

False.. If you like marry from even your family, when there is no love, no sense, no maturity and no money... Marital travails will continue abated
He's 60% right.... ask those in it to share their experience genuinely, you will be shocked
Re: HRH Prof Chukwuemeka Ike Is Dead, And No Heir To The Throne by henryobinna(m): 12:31pm On Jan 11, 2020
[quote author=LadySarah post=85701282][/quote]did you miss the first lines of what I wrote?

There are solutions to situations like these afterall we Igbos were not into these monarchy system so it really belongs to no one. It's as simple as that, no big deal.

You rest statements apparently deviates from your authoritative demand for 'some traditions have to change bla bla bla'

And that is what I was questioning, you don't have the right to. That's my point.
Re: HRH Prof Chukwuemeka Ike Is Dead, And No Heir To The Throne by frozen70(f): 12:33pm On Jan 11, 2020
Sunofgod:
If moni dey the mama go produce the child..

It's not an issue that money will solve

It's an issue of unresolved issue that was left to linger this long

They should just beg the Benin woman and do her bidding for their son to cone back

This is one of the problems that made the man to die

Thinking upon thinking
Re: HRH Prof Chukwuemeka Ike Is Dead, And No Heir To The Throne by gulfer: 12:35pm On Jan 11, 2020
Watch out for the blockbuster on this saga from nollywood...... grin grin grin
Re: HRH Prof Chukwuemeka Ike Is Dead, And No Heir To The Throne by Bonaventura(m): 12:35pm On Jan 11, 2020
Citytrend:
Thank God it's not the Emeka Ike I know.
Rest In Peace to the Dead

You are ignorant
Re: HRH Prof Chukwuemeka Ike Is Dead, And No Heir To The Throne by Armaggedon: 12:35pm On Jan 11, 2020
agulion:
50% of marital problem is solved when you marry from your village
people will never listen. They will mention love. look at what is happening in Buckingham palace.

1 Like

Re: HRH Prof Chukwuemeka Ike Is Dead, And No Heir To The Throne by iSlayer: 12:36pm On Jan 11, 2020
Kai. This story made me sad.

Prof was someone who always advocated intertribal relationships and marriages...

But the issues therein...chai I shake my head. If it was an Igbo family his son married from their child who is heir to the throne would not be missing now, no matter the situation of things (divorce or not).

Chai...alili.
Re: HRH Prof Chukwuemeka Ike Is Dead, And No Heir To The Throne by Caseless: 12:37pm On Jan 11, 2020
Ladyhippolyta88:

But the king had a son now.

What if it is the kings fault the health issue you mentioned grin
Or what if they decided to have one the king had no problem with it or loved his wife dearly not to think of marrying another cheesy

So many questions
the problem could be from the king or the wife. They could not have settled for one child cos most african parents of their generation hate to subject their child to loneliness of not having siblings and fear of death- it could take the only child at the age you can't have another again, hence, having many.
Issues that could inhibit child birth can come up even after having babies.
Re: HRH Prof Chukwuemeka Ike Is Dead, And No Heir To The Throne by Ladyhippolyta88(f): 12:38pm On Jan 11, 2020
OdefaGirl:

You can never understand my point.... because you don't understand the culture. It would have been easier to trace the child if the mum was Igbo... and they too would understand the need for that grandchild in that family, knowing fully well that there's no other option but him.
And who talked about loving his wife or not....
Find something else and argue with... not this.
I understand that culture changes and it is dynamic and can be used to suit any narrative.
What if the igbo mum takes the child abroad and changes the child's identity what will they trace undecided aunty a bad person will not understand anything even the woman's family will do little or nothing to change anything if they are in agreement with their daughter and if the child has been brainwashed there will be little or nothing they can do to convince the 21 year old to go back home if the child has chosen another path
You find something else to argue with and not against inter tribal marriages because the late king and his union with his Yoruba wife that has lasted this long has put a stop to your argument and shows it holds no water at all.
A bad wife and family is the same no matter where you marry from

1 Like 1 Share

Re: HRH Prof Chukwuemeka Ike Is Dead, And No Heir To The Throne by Ladyhippolyta88(f): 12:39pm On Jan 11, 2020
Caseless:
the problem could be from the king or the wife. They could not have settled for one child cos most african parents of their generation hate to subject their child to loneliness of not having siblings and fear of death- it could take the only child at the age you can't have another again, hence, having many.
You are making sense uncle these are some of the answers to the questions wink
Re: HRH Prof Chukwuemeka Ike Is Dead, And No Heir To The Throne by Ladyhippolyta88(f): 12:40pm On Jan 11, 2020
Armaggedon:
people will never listen. They will mention love. look at what is happening in Buckingham palace.
That one na different thing.

Harry is like his late mother cheesy he made the choice make una leave Meghan alone
Re: HRH Prof Chukwuemeka Ike Is Dead, And No Heir To The Throne by Jyde89: 12:41pm On Jan 11, 2020
Osagyefo98:

Pure Fact.

Such scenerio won't have occurred if they have married from their community.

You nailed it with that your statement.

how come he didn't have problem in his own marriage despite the fact that he married far away from home. what will be will be if you like marry your sister.

3 Likes

Re: HRH Prof Chukwuemeka Ike Is Dead, And No Heir To The Throne by iSlayer: 12:41pm On Jan 11, 2020
agulion:
50% of marital problem is solved when you marry from your village

Or Tribe.

My brother God bless you!!!
Re: HRH Prof Chukwuemeka Ike Is Dead, And No Heir To The Throne by iSlayer: 12:42pm On Jan 11, 2020
PharoahIII:
[/color]

[color=#006600]

abeg this man you deserve a bottle of gulder...now I understand why our ancestors always frowned at marrying from outside, Those people were very wise but because we have one yeye education we think we know better than them

Nothing but the truth!
Re: HRH Prof Chukwuemeka Ike Is Dead, And No Heir To The Throne by Ladyhippolyta88(f): 12:43pm On Jan 11, 2020
Jyde89:

how come he didn't have problem in his own marriage despite the fact that he married far away from home. what will be will be if you like marry your sister.

Thank you jare nor mind dem grin

1 Like

Re: HRH Prof Chukwuemeka Ike Is Dead, And No Heir To The Throne by BluntBoy(m): 12:44pm On Jan 11, 2020
Cosmatikka:
Please who knows where I can buy "The bottled leopard"?

I wanted to sell mine but now I have changed my mind. I am keeping it in memory of Prof.

I have nearly all of his books.

Such a great writer.
Re: HRH Prof Chukwuemeka Ike Is Dead, And No Heir To The Throne by Marotzke(m): 12:46pm On Jan 11, 2020
anochuko01:

Is there a statistics for this?
What's the probability?
This case is an outlier.
What if the child had died at birth?

The problem is from the prof who's got just a child...

Na today them start inter tribal marriage?
prof had two sons.
The elder one died during childhood.
Re: HRH Prof Chukwuemeka Ike Is Dead, And No Heir To The Throne by Pro2makx(m): 12:47pm On Jan 11, 2020
Osagyefo98:
The Great Iroko has fallen!

HRH Prof Chukwuemeka Ike is dead.

Words can't describe this man... His death is a big loss to the literary world, to his community Ndikelionwu, the entire Anambra State.
THE BOTTLED LEOPARD was amongst his popular works..
He died at 88!

May his soul rest in peace. Amen.

Meanwhile

https://www.nairaland.com/5234146/eze-chukwuemeka-ike-heartbreakingly-search

https://www.premiumtimesng.com/news/372138-foremost-nigerian-novelist-chukwuemeka-ike-is-dead.html

As much as i believe in population control, i have never been a fan of giving birth to only one child. It's just too much risk. Just look at this man. He had only a son, the son too, probably following the foot steps of his parent also settled for a child, afterall, they were boys in both cases. They must must have been sure, whatever happened, there would be an hair to the throne. Sad for the late king any ways.
Re: HRH Prof Chukwuemeka Ike Is Dead, And No Heir To The Throne by BluntBoy(m): 12:47pm On Jan 11, 2020
dominique:
My dad has his books in his library. I read Toads for supper years ago but I can't seem to remember the storyline. I think he was also the author of one novel "My Mercedes is bigger than yours". Such a phenomenal writer he was, RIP great icon

It was Nkem Nwankwo that wrote "My Mercedes is Bigger than Yours"

He was a close friend of my father's.
Re: HRH Prof Chukwuemeka Ike Is Dead, And No Heir To The Throne by Marotzke(m): 12:51pm On Jan 11, 2020
Caseless:
They had two sons.
One died in infancy.
Re: HRH Prof Chukwuemeka Ike Is Dead, And No Heir To The Throne by back2sender: 12:53pm On Jan 11, 2020
majamajic:
the boy should come out and take his throne

the Benin woman should tamper justice with mercy

Benin woman, Tufiakwa!!! God forbid. Even men in Edo run away from them.
Re: HRH Prof Chukwuemeka Ike Is Dead, And No Heir To The Throne by BluntBoy(m): 12:54pm On Jan 11, 2020
Marotzke:
prof had two sons.
The elder one died during childhood.

The professor was a famous writer. How come no one knows about the other child that died in childhood?

Prof also wrote about the civil war but never did he implicitly write about losing a child.

Osita is the only child everyone knows.
Re: HRH Prof Chukwuemeka Ike Is Dead, And No Heir To The Throne by Marotzke(m): 12:54pm On Jan 11, 2020
Pro2makx:

As much as i believe in population control, i have never been a fan of giving birth to only one child. It's just too much risk. Just look at this man. He had only a son, the son too, probably following the foot steps of his parent also settled for a child, afterall, they were boys in both cases. They must must have been sure, whatever happened, there would be an hair to the throne. Sad for the late king any ways.
Don't get it twisted.
(Oyster St Iyke) Osita Ike, had plenty children , mostly girls.
Prof Emovon's daughter bore his only son.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Origin Of The Bantu Peoples: Eastern Nigeria/Western Cameroun? / The 10 Most Expensive Cultures/tribes In Nigeria To Marry From / A Yoruba Poem- Ise Logun Ise (work Is The Antidote For Poverty)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.