Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,853 members, 7,810,281 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 05:10 AM

I Just Ended My Marriage! Single Mum I Married Still Contacts Her Ex Regularly - Family (13) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / I Just Ended My Marriage! Single Mum I Married Still Contacts Her Ex Regularly (71294 Views)

How I Ended My Relationship With A Married Man / I Married Into The Wrong Family.. (true Story) / Deadbeat Father: How A Nairanlander's Quote Ended My Family's Rift. (photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I Just Ended My Marriage! Single Mum I Married Still Contacts Her Ex Regularly by aoofbeautifulme(f): 5:40pm On Jan 11, 2020
Honestly there are always two sides to every story
U didn't tell us if you are also a single father
Something must have happened that we don't know
So bro don't make us judge of what we don't have clear information on
Re: I Just Ended My Marriage! Single Mum I Married Still Contacts Her Ex Regularly by mkoabiola: 5:44pm On Jan 11, 2020
Not all single mins are messed up.

Some men are jus not gud for them.

While some are unlucky.

If na single mum i marry so b it

Happiness matters alot ina marriage

1 Like

Re: I Just Ended My Marriage! Single Mum I Married Still Contacts Her Ex Regularly by Octopusssy(f): 5:46pm On Jan 11, 2020
chronique:

You should sha. It's very necessary. That's how we ended up not eating that starch and banga soup at Fola osibo... grin
Haha! So you still remember? cheesy
Re: I Just Ended My Marriage! Single Mum I Married Still Contacts Her Ex Regularly by chronique(m): 5:55pm On Jan 11, 2020
Octopusssy:

Haha! So you still remember? cheesy

Na your way na. I hardly forget such things you know. grin
Re: I Just Ended My Marriage! Single Mum I Married Still Contacts Her Ex Regularly by Xano(m): 6:02pm On Jan 11, 2020
oloriLFC:
That's not true. My son is 14 years, haven't seen his dad since he was 9 and I don't contact him too. He is not doing anything for the boy despite the fact that my family didn't put any pressure on him. I am happy with my man and our son now and I hope we last forever. I dont have any cause to be in contact with my ex. He is past tense

Interesting.

Well, I just opened nairaland, found your post on my mention.

Lady, you are doing your best, your son is 14(according to you), he would not tell you what his thoughts are of his biological father.

To you he is past tense, it may not be to him. In his quiet time, he would remember of experiences with him.

In your home, instances would trigger thoughts of him. He may even search his name of FB or other social media.

In school, statements from fellow pupils or teachers would also trigger thoughts of him.

Always include him in every family fun time or discussion, as encourage your man to fully accept him as his own.

It's not easy for a man to fully accept over a number of years.
Re: I Just Ended My Marriage! Single Mum I Married Still Contacts Her Ex Regularly by placeofallure(f): 6:07pm On Jan 11, 2020
streetsoldier1:
I tried all I could to save face, just have to end it all after discovering that the single mother I married still contacts her ex regularly...

Despite forgiving her several errors even while we got engaged, she still has the guts under my roof to mess up.

Warning guys, never ever marry a single mother that has been messed up!!!
6 years was messed up!!!

αωωω! ѕσ ѕσяяу вяσ. ѕσмє σf υѕ ℓα∂ιєѕ αяє иσт ωιѕє αт αιι.

1 Like

Re: I Just Ended My Marriage! Single Mum I Married Still Contacts Her Ex Regularly by iammolise(m): 6:11pm On Jan 11, 2020
She's still feeling the nigga's outrageous dickzila tongue

Sorry... Take panadol and look forward to the next bitch
Re: I Just Ended My Marriage! Single Mum I Married Still Contacts Her Ex Regularly by Wiifesnatcher(m): 6:13pm On Jan 11, 2020
Blakjewelry:
Sorry bro but it's not about single mother, shit always happen it's like a flip coin some people are lucky while some are not

Yes you're right. Ladies that are non virgin are vulnerable to this disloyalty in most cases

Single mother or single lady, if your hymen is till not there, no date not to talk of marriage

I can't marry olosho for house abeg. Move on bro

3 Likes

Re: I Just Ended My Marriage! Single Mum I Married Still Contacts Her Ex Regularly by 4FACEADELEKE(m): 6:24pm On Jan 11, 2020
PrecisionFx:

U are not a doctor and u are not into abortion so shut up that ur mouth n stop behaving like a bipolar patient.

U are just a top notch noisemaker n nothing more. U are notorious among useless runs girls (likely in Afonja land), that isn't how other parts of Nigeria is. We have uncountable decent girls here.
Oga I don't like calling people tribal names but i believe you are an Igbo native,let me make you understand, and understand clearly Igbo girls are the most promiscuous of girls in Nigeria,i have dated and bleeped a variety of them,an Igbo girl will rather commite suicide than give birth out of wedlock, they are the ones who take abortion pills the most, they are the ones who go for abortions the most,they hate the stigma that comes with single motherhood.You are just a nonentity if you want to talk about decency here i have dealt with girls from all regions in Nigeria, and even across some African countries, let me let you understand, that in all my sojourn the 21st century Nigerian girl is the least you can associate with that word our girls are nothing to write home about,decency among our women you retard, ended in the days of our mothers.You called me an Afonja,which I see no problem with,even if you choose to deny that you are not Igbo,our claim being from the Niger Delta,that is where i grew up,and my mother comes from there, there is no region in Nigeria, that i can't tell you about their women,because i have stayed and done business in the six geopolitical zones of this nation,and travelled across the country.Don't sit down in one spot,and start talking nonsense, travel not just the length and breadth of this nation,and across other nations in Africa and beyond,then maybe you might have the mental capacity to engage with me,in any matter pertaining to women.For now creep back into your illusioned filled world.Dem say man wey never travel before dey feel say him village na paradise.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: I Just Ended My Marriage! Single Mum I Married Still Contacts Her Ex Regularly by collynsHD(m): 6:38pm On Jan 11, 2020

Despite forgiving her several errors even while we got engaged, she still has the guts under my roof to mess up.

6 years was messed up!!![/quote].
you nor know say na old firewood dey lite pass
Re: I Just Ended My Marriage! Single Mum I Married Still Contacts Her Ex Regularly by walexbyte: 6:58pm On Jan 11, 2020
single mother hen..... only few of them can.be trusted if you know u know my brother japa. abeg no let anyone blame you here its your life
Re: I Just Ended My Marriage! Single Mum I Married Still Contacts Her Ex Regularly by tollyboy5(m): 7:24pm On Jan 11, 2020
faithfull18:

Any lady who accepts such definitely doesn't know her worth. Nonsense and stupidity.
Lol apart from puzzy what else is a lady's worth ? beauty ? undecided
Re: I Just Ended My Marriage! Single Mum I Married Still Contacts Her Ex Regularly by MusaChukwudi: 7:30pm On Jan 11, 2020
Ebenezar2020:
the mistake u made was to marry without seeking for God's will.
that's what u get when u deny the godly wife to go seek for a thick wife with curvy waist, big boobs and tiny brain.
If u got married to her and now you divorced her it'll be eternally and spiritually prohibited to get another woman as wife for it's adultery in God's sight.

If dem dey count mad people, abeg raise your hand!
Re: I Just Ended My Marriage! Single Mum I Married Still Contacts Her Ex Regularly by Nobody: 7:31pm On Jan 11, 2020
streetsoldier1:
I tried all I could to save face, just have to end it all after discovering that the single mother I married still contacts her ex regularly...

6 years was messed up!!!

How many times did you hear that advice before you married her? Now you are coming to give the same advice to others who will be as heedless as you were. Experience is the best teacher.

And by the way, all women who have had exes contact them after marriage. ALL. No exceptions.
Single mothers are only more risk prone in that they have a ready made excuse for contacting their exes regularly; the kid they had jointly.

1 Like

Re: I Just Ended My Marriage! Single Mum I Married Still Contacts Her Ex Regularly by benji93: 8:12pm On Jan 11, 2020
It's Alright, why do you keep tormenting the guy. He's learned his lessons. Knowledge acquired. grin grin grin
Toks2008:

Single mums can be the best and can also be very very complicated.
Re: I Just Ended My Marriage! Single Mum I Married Still Contacts Her Ex Regularly by Sonnobax15(m): 8:50pm On Jan 11, 2020
stupidity:
grin grin

Here’s my plan. I’ll date you, we’ll have kids and live like married couples. When we get to 60s, 70s, and I discover you are indeed a wife material and you did not mess up, I’ll go pay your bride price and we do our marriage officially. In a grand style. By then sef money go boku. All my friends go don turn politicians and CEOs by then. Enough money to steal and spray at our grand style wedding.

Everywhere good grin
lllool
Re: I Just Ended My Marriage! Single Mum I Married Still Contacts Her Ex Regularly by Jonovo98: 8:55pm On Jan 11, 2020
Women can forget all the guys they messed
Up they life with. But can never forget the man
That deflowered them
And also remember when they love,they Iove
No compromising the feelings is still there

1 Like

Re: I Just Ended My Marriage! Single Mum I Married Still Contacts Her Ex Regularly by omoyami: 9:19pm On Jan 11, 2020
thorpido:

.,. A lot of single mothers will really try to make the marriage work with the benefit of hindsight.This one just didn't work.

The bolded refer. Majority, if not all of them don't take advantage of hindsight. They only use you to recover their "had I known(s)" e.g. "had i known I would have made him include my first name and initial on the land papers instead of mr.&mrs.", "had I known I would have formalized my partnership in his business". They also have what I call "knowing what I know now" syndrome. And if you want to be unfortunate, she will have more than one child and they are above six years old. The frustration, if you don't run for your dear life, will send you to your grave too fast ahead of time. I have been there.
Re: I Just Ended My Marriage! Single Mum I Married Still Contacts Her Ex Regularly by momove4real25(f): 9:50pm On Jan 11, 2020
ehirosplusbiz:
Even those that enter late still have a lot of problem facing...

Na Luck.
God bless u. Me wey just met a Nigerian-Qatar based guy who never met but his way of reasoning made me think if we marry na 3rd day we go separate. Come see rules n regulation. He has written off civil servants that we flirt. He doesnt want me to have male fends nor even male co worker as fend. I cannot post any man be it relative on birthday cos he feels intimidated says me. I had to ask like 3 guy question if I was d problem to myself for not complying to his rules or I sud stand on my decision. Las las we dated just fr a week in ooo. Electronic dating lo end matter. I can't because I want to settle down end us with jealous man that will kill me

1 Like

Re: I Just Ended My Marriage! Single Mum I Married Still Contacts Her Ex Regularly by Nobody: 10:10pm On Jan 11, 2020
4FACEADELEKE:

Oga I don't like calling people tribal names but i believe you are an Igbo native,let me make you understand, and understand clearly Igbo girls are the most promiscuous of girls in Nigeria,i have dated and bleeped a variety of them,an Igbo girl will rather commite suicide than give birth out of wedlock, they are the ones who take abortion pills the most, they are the ones who go for abortions the most,they hate the stigma that comes with single motherhood.You are just a nonentity if you want to talk about decency here i have dealt with girls from all regions in Nigeria, and even across some African countries, let me let you understand, that in all my sojourn the 21st century Nigerian girl is the least you can associate with that word our girls are nothing to write home about,decency among our women you retard, ended in the days of our mothers.You called me an Afonja,which I see no problem with,even if you choose to deny that you are not Igbo,our claim being from the Niger Delta,that is where i grew up,and my mother comes from there, there is no region in Nigeria, that i can't tell you about their women,because i have stayed and done business in the six geopolitical zones of this nation,and travelled across the country.Don't sit down in one spot,and start talking nonsense, travel not just the length and breadth of this nation,and across other nations in Africa and beyond,then maybe you might have the mental capacity to engage with me,in any matter pertaining to women.For now creep back into your illusioned filled world.Dem say man wey never travel before dey feel say him village na paradise.

Bipolar patient, i couldn't read this elongated useless balderdash beyond the 1st 3 lines. Afonja pls yoruba women can never ever be more decent than IGBO women by any standard.

U claim that igbo women are the most promiscuous in Nigeria and yet u are chasing around igbo women, cant u see that u are quite sick inside ur head.

Like i said earlier, u have been following useless girls and u have proved it already.

Goan sleep

2 Likes

Re: I Just Ended My Marriage! Single Mum I Married Still Contacts Her Ex Regularly by oloriLFC(f): 10:16pm On Jan 11, 2020
Xano:

Interesting.

Well, I just opened nairaland, found your post on my mention.

Lady, you are doing your best, your son is 14(according to you), he would not tell you what his thoughts are of his biological father.

To you he is past tense, it may not be to him. In his quiet time, he would remember of experiences with him.

In your home, instances would trigger thoughts of him. He may even search his name of FB or other social media.

In school, statements from fellow pupils or teachers would also trigger thoughts of him.

Always include him in every family fun time or discussion, as encourage your man to fully accept him as his own.

It's not easy for a man to fully accept over a number of years.
I know all that. He started asking when he was 12 or so. My dad called his dad(not to ask him to cater for our son nor bring anything but just for the boy to see his dad and be happy), he didn't pick. Called with my son's line severally, took some time before he answered. Said he'd go to dad's place to see our son, he didn't. My boy has stopped asking. I know it will be a pain in his heart but he'll get over it. As for his dad, the future is near, I'm waiting for him...
Re: I Just Ended My Marriage! Single Mum I Married Still Contacts Her Ex Regularly by aytuns(m): 10:19pm On Jan 11, 2020
streetsoldier1:

6 years was messed up!!!

I don't believe marrying a single mother was the problem. You married the wrong woman, and it has nothing to do with the fact that she's a single mum. Do t generalise. There are women who became mothers, not because of their loose behaviours, but naivety of teen hood, or rape. That doesn't remove the fact that the women are good material. So it's not fair painting all of them with the same shade

1 Like

Re: I Just Ended My Marriage! Single Mum I Married Still Contacts Her Ex Regularly by IDERAWOLE(m): 10:23pm On Jan 11, 2020
karkinase:

Why didn't the Baby daddy deemed her worth enuf for marriage...

That's a different ball game altogether. We were never told what led to their separation. Now that you've decided to marry this single mum, get it right that she'll always have something to do with the guy because of their child.

If she wasn't going out with the guy again, you don't have any cause to worry!

Even if you're ready to bear the responsibility of raising her child, you still can't deny the father access to the child and other issues concerning the child.

Your best bet is to meet the guy, if the guy wants to keep having anything to do with your wife, she must be willing to bring the guy to meet you or else you back out.

If she's not willing to allow you meet the guy, then something may be going on between them.
Re: I Just Ended My Marriage! Single Mum I Married Still Contacts Her Ex Regularly by ahnie: 10:45pm On Jan 11, 2020
stupidity:
grin grin

Here’s my plan. I’ll date you, we’ll have kids and live like married couples. When we get to 60s, 70s, and I discover you are indeed a wife material and you did not mess up, I’ll go pay your bride price and we do our marriage officially. In a grand style. By then sef money go boku. All my friends go don turn politicians and CEOs by then. Enough money to steal and spray at our grand style wedding.

Everywhere good grin
You're a clown aswearigard...lolzzzzz
Re: I Just Ended My Marriage! Single Mum I Married Still Contacts Her Ex Regularly by Daguccizgreat(m): 11:13pm On Jan 11, 2020
streetsoldier1:

It's a wrong reasoning to conclude on what you know nothing about. I did no one favour and never acted like god. Can't you just keep shut if you have nothing to say
You should have ignored that guy and his stupid opinion. He's always reasoning awkwardly

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Just Ended My Marriage! Single Mum I Married Still Contacts Her Ex Regularly by Nobody: 12:32am On Jan 12, 2020
Op sounds very domineering.
Little wonder you can't keep a woman.
Biko swerve!!
Re: I Just Ended My Marriage! Single Mum I Married Still Contacts Her Ex Regularly by Icecream4U(m): 1:05am On Jan 12, 2020
tumababa:

Except d ex is dead....
Lol grin
Re: I Just Ended My Marriage! Single Mum I Married Still Contacts Her Ex Regularly by calabardick(m): 1:09am On Jan 12, 2020
thorpido:
Marriages fail even when she is not a single mother.
The key is not to rush into marriage but study each other very well while dating and see that you can really work together and there are no baggages.
A lot of single mothers will really try to make the marriage work with the benefit of hindsight.This one just didn't work.

God bless you for saying this. Nigerians like generalisation.
Re: I Just Ended My Marriage! Single Mum I Married Still Contacts Her Ex Regularly by calabardick(m): 1:12am On Jan 12, 2020
aytuns:

I don't believe marrying a single mother was the problem. You married the wrong woman, and it has nothing to do with the fact that she's a single mum. Do t generalise. There are women who became mothers, not because of their loose behaviours, but naivety of teen hood, or rape. That doesn't remove the fact that the women are good material. So it's not fair painting all of them with the same shade

This is another sane man, I love your reasoning.

The best relationship I ever have is with a single mom, she's the best ever.

1 Like

Re: I Just Ended My Marriage! Single Mum I Married Still Contacts Her Ex Regularly by chinchum(m): 2:59am On Jan 12, 2020
Swinger60:
Not fair you are generalizing, some one close to me ended her marriage this Jan. She is the best woman any one can have, unfortunately she married a man that was raised wrongly.

Imagine her husband beating her because she came back, and, saw her husband's weed he poured inside their plate, and, she threw it away. This marriage already had 3kids, even if the man smokes, does he have to flaunt before and kids.

I encouraged her to arrest him after hitting her, she did, and the man was detained, he didn't show any remorse afterwards, rather, he was threatening her with divorce, I told her is time she move on, and she did.

And before this last incident, Her 9years marriage has been 9years of domestic violence.

Now, tell me, didn't she deserve a second chance of remarrying?
The best woman that went ahead to be entangled with a weed addict and domestic abuser is questionable. I have a lot of reservations about single mums or single dads, and it is not because they all bad people, but more often that not they are stupid or make big stupid decisions. Anyone who marries a very stupid partner is most likely stupid also. We all tend to make some stupid decisions in life, but if it pertains to marriage it may hurt you for life.
Re: I Just Ended My Marriage! Single Mum I Married Still Contacts Her Ex Regularly by richPHAROAH: 4:57am On Jan 12, 2020
Swinger60:
Huncle, calm down.

You won't do Nada.

You dish out rubbish to people, you get rubbish in return. That's the rule of life.

Till then, your threats are empty.

You didn't see the wife he has been beating for nine years, or, that he nearly killed her because she threw his weeds away? You still didn't see that he wasn't even remorseful after being detained at police station for hitting her? And he was Even the one who was even threatening divorce after everything?

If you didn't see anything wrong in all those he did. May every female that is related to you, that you hold close to your heart be treated the same way.

I'm waiting for your Amen.

if all females around me are that stupid , they desreve worst treatment than that.
u are a full blown idiot. when she was marrying him, didnt she know that he smokes and for smokers like him, they treat the weed the same way they treat food? idiot like u are the type we i will kill and make it look like you got a fatal accident

(1) (2) (3) ... (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (Reply)

Husband Faints In Labour Room / Left Us. After Eight Years, He's Back And Had Nothing / Lady Reunites With Her Twin Brother After They Were Separated At A Young Age

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.