Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,653 members, 7,827,407 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 11:33 AM

How To Retrieve Your Money After You Have Been Scammed - Crime (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / How To Retrieve Your Money After You Have Been Scammed (54465 Views)

Policemen Seen Counting Their Money After A Long Night At Work In Lagos / Here's How You Can Retrieve Your Money After Being Duped By Online Fraudsters / Robber Returns Money After Checking Woman's Bank Balance In China (Video) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How To Retrieve Your Money After You Have Been Scammed by grandstar(m): 7:52pm On Jan 11, 2020
dmltoyin

Thanks so much for this.

2 Likes

Re: How To Retrieve Your Money After You Have Been Scammed by techstack: 8:18pm On Jan 11, 2020
dmltoyin:
Good morning everyone.

I am sharing a knowledge today on "Tips on how to retrieve your money after you have been scammed". Please read careful and learn.

20% of social media users and shoppers have been scammed at one point or the other, either large bucks or small money and It's quite painful.

Many people don't always know what to do, so today am sharing with you things you do, when you realize a page you paid for a service or goods is ghosting you:

1. Screenshot all previous chats across all messaging app (IG and WhatsApp or FB).

2. Write out the Full name and account number of the page or person.

3. Go to the last notification your bank sent you after you made the payment (via mobile app or text)

4. Go to the last notification your bank sent you after you made the payment (via mobile app or text) copy out the "TRANSACTION ID NUMBER".

5. Go to any branch of the scam artist's bank (the bank the scammer uses), ask to see the CUSTOMER SERVICE in charge of FRAUD.

6. If you can, print out all those chats with the scammer, and submit it. While you are there, send an email to SCAMMER'S BANK and copy CBN FRAUD DESK (anticorruptionunit@cenbank.org) . this will ginger the bank to take it up fast.

What should you expect from this? The culprit/suspects account will be PLACED ON HOLD. Meaning he/she cannot transfer or withdraw until they visit the bank, and when they do, the bank will contact the police and the suspect when proven guilty will sign a waiver allowing the bank to refund your money.

Source: @etoile_skincare & Kehinde Kenku
Re: How To Retrieve Your Money After You Have Been Scammed by yusufu16: 8:19pm On Jan 11, 2020
MyVILLAGEpeople:
grin grin grin
Keep deceiving urself. Nothing will happen jare.

Bro. It works.

If you want to even deal with scammer, you can even get court order and give to police. Police will even track him with just his phone no.

1 Like

Re: How To Retrieve Your Money After You Have Been Scammed by Nixxxx(m): 8:26pm On Jan 11, 2020
Nice
Re: How To Retrieve Your Money After You Have Been Scammed by Nature8(m): 8:38pm On Jan 11, 2020
dmltoyin:
Good morning everyone.

I am sharing a knowledge today on "Tips on how to retrieve your money after you have been scammed". Please read careful and learn.

20% of social media users and shoppers have been scammed at one point or the other, either large bucks or small money and It's quite painful.

Many people don't always know what to do, so today am sharing with you things you do, when you realize a page you paid for a service or goods is ghosting you:

1. Screenshot all previous chats across all messaging app (IG and WhatsApp or FB).

3. Go to the last notification your bank sent you after you made the payment (via mobile app or text)

4. Go to the last notification your bank sent you after you made the payment (via mobile app or text) copy out the "TRANSACTION ID NUMBER".

5. Go to any branch of the scam artist's bank (the bank the scammer uses), ask to see the CUSTOMER SERVICE in charge of FRAUD.

6. If you can, print out all those chats with the scammer, and submit it. While you are there, send an email to SCAMMER'S BANK and copy CBN FRAUD DESK (anticorruptionunit@cenbank.org) . this will ginger the bank to take it up fast.

What should you expect from this? The culprit/suspects account will be PLACED ON HOLD. Meaning he/she cannot transfer or withdraw until they visit the bank, and when they do, the bank will contact the police and the suspect when proven guilty will sign a waiver allowing the bank to refund your money.

Nice one
Re: How To Retrieve Your Money After You Have Been Scammed by Hillsautos: 8:45pm On Jan 11, 2020
BigSarah:
Any bank that places a hold on a customer account because or chats submitted as proof deserves to be sued, chats can be doctored.

Meanwhile

I went to a fake church crossover service and payed offering online, the pastor prophecy never show... Can I use this method to retrieve my money? Abeg
I've his voice recorded

You guys are wilding.[b][/b] cheesy
Re: How To Retrieve Your Money After You Have Been Scammed by Chuksmonika(m): 8:56pm On Jan 11, 2020
i dont think any bank in Nigeria will place a customers bank account on Hold Without a Court order Ordering it to do so,if you inform the bank,they will advice you to report to the police and also get a court order before they can do anything....cos they are not ready to pay damages for something they know nothing about

2 Likes

Re: How To Retrieve Your Money After You Have Been Scammed by King44(m): 8:56pm On Jan 11, 2020
dmltoyin:
Good morning everyone.

admin what can someone like me do to get my money back I message uba verified twitter handle to have my debit card issue resolved I was asked to drop my phone number called me and withdrew money from my account and sent it via quickteller to a fbn account, I went there I was told they withdrew the money from that account and there is nothing in it how can I get my money back
Re: How To Retrieve Your Money After You Have Been Scammed by Olas16198901: 9:11pm On Jan 11, 2020
Good one

Only a fool apprentice scammer would keep the money in the bank account for 72hours and still be using the same account
Re: How To Retrieve Your Money After You Have Been Scammed by officialfestus(m): 9:15pm On Jan 11, 2020
dmltoyin:
Good morning everyone.

thanks for this
Re: How To Retrieve Your Money After You Have Been Scammed by jimmynauty: 9:15pm On Jan 11, 2020
dmltoyin:
Good morning everyone.

Re: How To Retrieve Your Money After You Have Been Scammed by Osanoghodua1: 9:27pm On Jan 11, 2020
Thanks but this will not always work as you need a court order or police report to place a PND on someone's account. Myself I mistaken transferred money to someone's account till date the bank is yet to refund it.
Re: How To Retrieve Your Money After You Have Been Scammed by NGRsenate: 9:38pm On Jan 11, 2020
I don’t understand why there’s a topic on this.

As long as I have an account number (a Nigerian account number), I can find that person without stress.

Asides that, there’s nothing anyone can do.
Re: How To Retrieve Your Money After You Have Been Scammed by Frank25: 9:48pm On Jan 11, 2020
Check this out

Re: How To Retrieve Your Money After You Have Been Scammed by tammie24: 10:08pm On Jan 11, 2020
adonainana:
This does not work

This only notifies the bank that the transaction may be suscpicious, the bank cannot freeze the scammers account or plac his account on hold. It would only compell it to investigate which may take weeks or months or even years.

The correct thing to do when you have been scammed is the following:
1. Screenshot all the evidence as the OP told you
2.Go to your local Magistrate Court and High court and swear an affidavit as to what happened
3.Apply to a magistrate for an order for the account to be placed on hold
Only a Court of competent jusridction can freeze bank accounts in Nigeria ( Your bank cannot freeze an account unless there is a court order to freeze it )
4.If you are successful with the court order, take it to the bank where the bank would place the scammers account on hold until he comes up with an explanation as to how he got the funds
5. If the SCAMMER has a very sound background, he would go to his local magistrate for the Order to be vacated

AND

1. So in order not to give the Scammer a chance especially if its a lot of money and it is paining you too much
2. Print out in colour copies of the chats, transactions etc the OP sent to you and send write a PETITION TO either ICPC or EFCC
3. Send the evidence and the petition to this email info@efccnigeria.org
4. Try to let you petition include whats called a written submission or a bundle of evidence, perhaps get a lawyer to write it for you.
5. This way it doesnt give who is going to read it headache
6. To help try to include the offences the scammer has commited such as ADVANCED FEE FRAUD, etc
7. Effc have a duty to investigate and they will promptly get back to you
8. Even cases of 100,000 naira and below the EFCC have invesitigated and prosecuted the culprit so dont be discouraged by the amount

If you use this double combo to fight the scammer

Trust me you will get a result or the right punishment for the scammer whether or not he has spent your money
Please contact me should you need any further information

Regards

Samuel Eluyefa
(Barrister)
Re: How To Retrieve Your Money After You Have Been Scammed by icetrimz: 10:38pm On Jan 11, 2020
Enemyofpeace:
Please don't try this at home or anywhere at all

You are a thief !

1 Like

Re: How To Retrieve Your Money After You Have Been Scammed by yawehoverall: 10:44pm On Jan 11, 2020
frankloloko:
bro nor mind the op , if you have been scammed there’s nothing you can do about it . Cos if na naija police dem go extort you till you advise yourself

My dear, if the money is huge, you will go any length to get it.. EFCC will handle it not entirely police
Re: How To Retrieve Your Money After You Have Been Scammed by VicM6: 10:49pm On Jan 11, 2020
javaguru:
Nice, but I would like u to send just 20k to my account and retrieve it back, you can screenshot this message as a proof.
Leave OP alone.... he is saying rubbish and ingredient.
Even the bank is a big scam on its own.... the money u will spend will be more than wat u want to retrieve....... Once u are scammed in Nigeria, leave the rest for God. lobatan

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: How To Retrieve Your Money After You Have Been Scammed by JerryQ: 10:50pm On Jan 11, 2020
i seee
Re: How To Retrieve Your Money After You Have Been Scammed by VicM6: 10:53pm On Jan 11, 2020
[quote author=tammie24 post=85717438][/quote]and you think after he has scam u, he will leave d money in the acct bah...... this people operates more than 7banks at a time and once any money comes in, they withdraw it quickly and won't use dat bank for some time..... if na like that e take easy then scammers for no dey again na. ....As we take wise, na so dos werey scammers wise too.... Na thief dey show thief way....
Re: How To Retrieve Your Money After You Have Been Scammed by Nobody: 11:21pm On Jan 11, 2020
Skymason20:
Long process, just look for any of your relative who is into pos business,, body go tell the scamer! Talking from experience
Sound interesting, what will the pos merchant do?

1 Like

Re: How To Retrieve Your Money After You Have Been Scammed by Kingininge(m): 11:32pm On Jan 11, 2020
Skymason20:
Long process, just look for any of your relative who is into pos business,, body go tell the scamer! Talking from experience

Please what will the POS business owner do to get the scammer return the money??
Re: How To Retrieve Your Money After You Have Been Scammed by rOsy247(f): 11:48pm On Jan 11, 2020
Oh my 5k o. where was this when I needed it?
Re: How To Retrieve Your Money After You Have Been Scammed by Eldinot4(m): 11:52pm On Jan 11, 2020
dmltoyin:
Good morning everyone.

thanks OP, i got scammed in 2017, the annoying part is the idiot still chats me on whatsapp. i have all this things you mentioned, backed them up to my drive. i just want to know if i can raise the case now?
Re: How To Retrieve Your Money After You Have Been Scammed by MOORCHMOORE(m): 11:54pm On Jan 11, 2020
BigSarah:
Any bank that places a hold on a customer account because or chats submitted as proof deserves to be sued, chats can be doctored.

Ma'am you lied, you can only doctor paper but not mobile social media app.
Re: How To Retrieve Your Money After You Have Been Scammed by Gwagone: 11:57pm On Jan 11, 2020
I sha won't say anything
Re: How To Retrieve Your Money After You Have Been Scammed by Longman180(m): 12:26am On Jan 12, 2020
Learner
Re: How To Retrieve Your Money After You Have Been Scammed by Enemyofpeace: 12:36am On Jan 12, 2020
icetrimz:

You are a thief !
Please don't try this at home or anywhere at all
Re: How To Retrieve Your Money After You Have Been Scammed by Joystark(f): 1:22am On Jan 12, 2020
Wish all scammers can be bundled up together in one room and set on fire.

1 Like

Re: How To Retrieve Your Money After You Have Been Scammed by kingchuks500(m): 2:22am On Jan 12, 2020
Thanks bro
Re: How To Retrieve Your Money After You Have Been Scammed by Crazeworld(m): 4:44am On Jan 12, 2020
Thanks OP for this educative thread
Re: How To Retrieve Your Money After You Have Been Scammed by pwansunriseteam: 6:59am On Jan 12, 2020
BigSarah:

Meanwhile

I went to a fake church crossover service and payed offering online, the pastor prophecy never show... Can I use this method to retrieve my money? Abeg
I've his voice recorded

Is the prohpesy an marriage
I am ready to marry you now now so that you can allow the innocent prophet to enjoy his money in peace

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

SARS Beating A Man To Coma (Disturbing Video, Photos) / Wife Kills Her Husband In Lagos Island(photos) / Indonesia Executes Eight Prisoners Including Nigerians For Drugs Offences

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.