Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,223 members, 7,953,839 topics. Date: Friday, 20 September 2024 at 07:39 AM

How To Retrieve Your Money After You Have Been Scammed - Crime (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / How To Retrieve Your Money After You Have Been Scammed (55006 Views)

Policemen Seen Counting Their Money After A Long Night At Work In Lagos / Here's How You Can Retrieve Your Money After Being Duped By Online Fraudsters / Robber Returns Money After Checking Woman's Bank Balance In China (Video) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How To Retrieve Your Money After You Have Been Scammed by micomails(m): 4:47pm On Jan 13, 2020
darigho:
please help, someone stole my Dad's ATM, withdrew cash and did other POS transactions, how do we trace this person

I've never tried this. POS is tied to a merchant account so tracing him will be a bit difficult. However, you could try the option of forcing the bank to release the CCTV footage of ATM withdrawal to you via a court order. But how did the person get to know the ATM PIN? I hope its not family?
Re: How To Retrieve Your Money After You Have Been Scammed by BigSarah(f): 5:42pm On Jan 13, 2020
Xisnin:

Did you exchange specific prophecy for money?
Did the pastor give you a specific time?
Did you pay through the bank?

Yes to all
Re: How To Retrieve Your Money After You Have Been Scammed by Xisnin(m): 6:18pm On Jan 13, 2020
BigSarah:

Yes to all
Now, head over to the nearest station to report the case.
Re: How To Retrieve Your Money After You Have Been Scammed by anenymasng(m): 6:46pm On Jan 14, 2020
My mom woke up to debit alerts from her bank and after going to the bank to report, they said it was done with a POS and there is nothing they can do. They didnt even release the name of the POS holder or anything. What can be time in thia case? Help needed please.
Re: How To Retrieve Your Money After You Have Been Scammed by Nobody: 9:28pm On Apr 05, 2020
BigSarah:
Any bank that places a hold on a customer account because or chats submitted as proof deserves to be sued, chats can be doctored.

Meanwhile

I went to a fake church crossover service and payed offering online, the pastor prophecy never show... Can I use this method to retrieve my money? Abeg
I've his voice recorded

Lmao!
Re: How To Retrieve Your Money After You Have Been Scammed by Dybala11(m): 4:42pm On Apr 23, 2020
agulion:
Just don't get scammed, don't be greedy
Greediness is not the only recipee for getting scammed, gullibility is another factor.
Re: How To Retrieve Your Money After You Have Been Scammed by Hollumedeyyyy: 5:31pm On Apr 23, 2020
The money not refundable, try to reschedule your ticket.... I have similar case like that, but Mai agent told me that I should not worry that he will help me reschedule it after coro..same flight
BabbanBura:

Nice, I have use same method when Airpeace wouldn't refund my airfare for a shifted flight that I cant wait to fly due to the exigencies of the trip
Re: How To Retrieve Your Money After You Have Been Scammed by 10thangel(f): 1:07pm On Sep 19, 2020
What if it's a company that you invested with? No chats but bank transaction details. The company has CAC number. Please advice. Thank you

adonainana:
This does not work

This only notifies the bank that the transaction may be suscpicious, the bank cannot freeze the scammers account or plac his account on hold. It would only compell it to investigate which may take weeks or months or even years.

The correct thing to do when you have been scammed is the following:
1. Screenshot all the evidence as the OP told you
2.Go to your local Magistrate Court and High court and swear an affidavit as to what happened
3.Apply to a magistrate for an order for the account to be placed on hold
Only a Court of competent jusridction can freeze bank accounts in Nigeria ( Your bank cannot freeze an account unless there is a court order to freeze it )
4.If you are successful with the court order, take it to the bank where the bank would place the scammers account on hold until he comes up with an explanation as to how he got the funds
5. If the SCAMMER has a very sound background, he would go to his local magistrate for the Order to be vacated

AND

1. So in order not to give the Scammer a chance especially if its a lot of money and it is paining you too much
2. Print out in colour copies of the chats, transactions etc the OP sent to you and send write a PETITION TO either ICPC or EFCC
3. Send the evidence and the petition to this email info@efccnigeria.org
4. Try to let you petition include whats called a written submission or a bundle of evidence, perhaps get a lawyer to write it for you.
5. This way it doesnt give who is going to read it headache
6. To help try to include the offences the scammer has commited such as ADVANCED FEE FRAUD, etc
7. Effc have a duty to investigate and they will promptly get back to you
8. Even cases of 100,000 naira and below the EFCC have invesitigated and prosecuted the culprit so dont be discouraged by the amount

If you use this double combo to fight the scammer

Trust me you will get a result or the right punishment for the scammer whether or not he has spent your money
Please contact me should you need any further information

Regards

Samuel Eluyefa
(Barrister)
Re: How To Retrieve Your Money After You Have Been Scammed by adonainana: 4:43pm On Sep 19, 2020
10thangel:

What if it's a company that you invested with? No chats but bank transaction details. The company has CAC number. Please advice. Thank you

If the scammers tried to use a corporate account to hide thier true identity. Firstly the CAC number or the RC number if possible is a good start. Ideally there is a way to write to get a court order to propel the CAC to reveal the incorporation docs they used to register thier company which in turn they used to open a bank account

How much did they scam you by and which bank did you make payment into
Re: How To Retrieve Your Money After You Have Been Scammed by 10thangel(f): 5:48am On Sep 20, 2020
1.280m. The bank is access. I have their CAC registration number and the address copied from CAC site.

quote author=adonainana post=94088766]

If the scammers tried to use a corporate account to hide thier true identity. Firstly the CAC number or the RC number if possible is a good start. Ideally there is a way to write to get a court order to propel the CAC to reveal the incorporation docs they used to register thier company which in turn they used to open a bank account

How much did they scam you by and which bank did you make payment into [/quote]
Re: How To Retrieve Your Money After You Have Been Scammed by Damian457: 11:45pm On Sep 27, 2020
Did you still get your money?
10thangel:
1.280m. The bank is access. I have their CAC registration number and the address copied from CAC site.

quote author=adonainana post=94088766]

How much did they scam you by and which bank did you make payment into
Re: How To Retrieve Your Money After You Have Been Scammed by Brayss(m): 6:36pm On Oct 13, 2020
Remmedy Check this page
Re: How To Retrieve Your Money After You Have Been Scammed by 10thangel(f): 11:39am On Nov 03, 2020
No

quote author=Damian457 post=94385573]Did you still get your money?[/quote]
Re: How To Retrieve Your Money After You Have Been Scammed by FemiLastBorn(m): 8:32am On Nov 08, 2020
adonainana:
This does not work

This only notifies the bank that the transaction may be suscpicious, the bank cannot freeze the scammers account or plac his account on hold. It would only compell it to investigate which may take weeks or months or even years.

2.Go to your local Magistrate Court and High court and swear an affidavit as to what happened
Only a Court of competent jusridction can freeze bank accounts in Nigeria ( Your bank cannot freeze an account unless there is a court order to freeze it )
4.If you are successful with the court order, take it to the bank where the bank would place the scammers account on hold until he comes up with an explanation as to how he got the funds
5. If the SCAMMER has a very sound background, he would go to his local magistrate for the Order to be vacated

AND

1. So in order not to give the Scammer a chance especially if its a lot of money and it is paining you too much
2. Print out in colour copies of the chats, transactions etc the OP sent to you and send write a PETITION TO either ICPC or EFCC
4. Try to let you petition include whats called a written submission or a bundle of evidence, perhaps get a lawyer to write it for you.
6. To help try to include the offences the scammer has commited such as ADVANCED FEE FRAUD, etc
8. Even cases of 100,000 naira and below the EFCC have invesitigated and prosecuted the culprit so dont be discouraged by the amount

Trust me you will get a result or the right punishment for the scammer whether or not he has spent your money

Regards

Samuel Eluyefa
(Barrister)
. I got scammed but I sent d money into an Opay account not d usual bank acct
Opay doesn't have branch. Is there any way to retrieve my money.?
Re: How To Retrieve Your Money After You Have Been Scammed by Bless1256: 2:26pm On Dec 27, 2020
Good afternoon all
I was just scammed using my details to purchase something online, can I retrieve back my money

1 Like

Re: How To Retrieve Your Money After You Have Been Scammed by AlphaSoul: 9:54am On Mar 01, 2021
dmltoyin:
Good morning everyone.

I am sharing a knowledge today on "Tips on how to retrieve your money after you have been scammed". Please read careful and learn.

20% of social media users and shoppers have been scammed at one point or the other, either large bucks or small money and It's quite painful.

Many people don't always know what to do, so today am sharing with you things you do, when you realize a page you paid for a service or goods is ghosting you:

1. Screenshot all previous chats across all messaging app (IG and WhatsApp or FB).

2. Write out the Full name and account number of the page or person.

3. Go to the last notification your bank sent you after you made the payment (via mobile app or text)

4. Go to the last notification your bank sent you after you made the payment (via mobile app or text) copy out the "TRANSACTION ID NUMBER".

5. Go to any branch of the scam artist's bank (the bank the scammer uses), ask to see the CUSTOMER SERVICE in charge of FRAUD.

6. If you can, print out all those chats with the scammer, and submit it. While you are there, send an email to SCAMMER'S BANK and copy CBN FRAUD DESK (anticorruptionunit@cenbank.org) . this will ginger the bank to take it up fast.

What should you expect from this? The culprit/suspects account will be PLACED ON HOLD. Meaning he/she cannot transfer or withdraw until they visit the bank, and when they do, the bank will contact the police and the suspect when proven guilty will sign a waiver allowing the bank to refund your money.

Source: @etoile_skincare & Kehinde Kenku
+1
Re: How To Retrieve Your Money After You Have Been Scammed by AlphaSoul: 3:00pm On Mar 01, 2021
adonainana:
This does not work

AND

Regards

Samuel Eluyefa
(Barrister)
/
Thanks for the insightful post
Barrister.
/

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Woman Bites Off , Swallows Neighbour’s Tip (Pictured) / Ten Wanted Nigerian Vikings Members Arrested In France And Germany. Photos / Robbers Force Victims To Serve Them Food During Attack In Lagos (pic)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.