Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,763 members, 7,824,194 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 04:18 AM

How To Retrieve Your Money After You Have Been Scammed - Crime (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / How To Retrieve Your Money After You Have Been Scammed (54448 Views)

Policemen Seen Counting Their Money After A Long Night At Work In Lagos / Here's How You Can Retrieve Your Money After Being Duped By Online Fraudsters / Robber Returns Money After Checking Woman's Bank Balance In China (Video) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How To Retrieve Your Money After You Have Been Scammed by thepranksta: 7:28am On Jan 12, 2020
In the U.S., you can take the scammer to court, but that can be an expensive process. You can also make sure you do proper research before you invest.

I think almost anyone can be scammed when they are desperate. One way to avoid scams is to do extensive research into an investment or platform you are using. One common way to scam is to design a very professional-looking website and tricking people into thinking it's legitimate. We have to remember that some scammers have good technical skills.
Re: How To Retrieve Your Money After You Have Been Scammed by BigSarah(f): 7:33am On Jan 12, 2020
MOORCHMOORE:

Ma'am you lied, you can only doctor paper but not mobile social media app.

Since it's printed a little graphic work could alter the facts, or even account cloning
Re: How To Retrieve Your Money After You Have Been Scammed by BigSarah(f): 7:34am On Jan 12, 2020
pwansunriseteam:

Is the prohpesy an marriage
I am ready to marry you now now so that you can allow the innocent prophet to enjoy his money in peace

No sir, MONEY
Re: How To Retrieve Your Money After You Have Been Scammed by Legaldruglord: 7:46am On Jan 12, 2020
The nigerian police from what i heard collects 15% of any money they help you recover from scammers
Re: How To Retrieve Your Money After You Have Been Scammed by yoged(m): 8:41am On Jan 12, 2020
Noted
Re: How To Retrieve Your Money After You Have Been Scammed by micomails(m): 9:03am On Jan 12, 2020
I've recovered money from fraudsters for victims on a few occasions. It takes some level of perseverance though. The bank cannot freeze an account merely on your words or documented evidence as this would make people to maliciously block accounts of their percieved enemies.
First, approach a court and pray for three things;
a). a court order asking the bank to release the BVN of the account and all other account numbers associated with the BVN.
b). a court order ordering the freezing of all accounts associated with the BVN.
c). an order transfering the said amount back to your account.
Then if you desire to claim damages, continue with a suit.

At one of the insatnce, the scammer called the victim requesting for her to send her account number so he could refund whatever he took from her for us to vacate the orders . I asked for tripple of what he took as out-of-court settlement. The fowl sha bargained but we maintained our stand.
las las, the idiot paid.
Some of them use account numbers of innocent 3rd partied but I don't care either. Ignorance its not an excuse in the court of law. You don't give a complete stranger your account for transactions.

1 Like

Re: How To Retrieve Your Money After You Have Been Scammed by WittyLad(m): 9:24am On Jan 12, 2020
Except sey no be Naija... Dem break ur heart finish u dey delete Fireboy songs. heart wey don break don break�
Re: How To Retrieve Your Money After You Have Been Scammed by Abiboss: 9:37am On Jan 12, 2020
Ok
Re: How To Retrieve Your Money After You Have Been Scammed by henzy4life: 10:13am On Jan 12, 2020
@ALL, Kindly ignore the cbnfrauddesk email address the poster wrote cos the email itself is fraudulent.

The correct cbn fraud desk email address is anticorruptionunit@cbn.gov.ng.

Thanks

1 Like

Re: How To Retrieve Your Money After You Have Been Scammed by omoadeleye(m): 10:50am On Jan 12, 2020
BigSarah:
Any bank that places a hold on a customer account because or chats submitted as proof deserves to be sued, chats can be doctored.*

Meanwhile

I went to a fake church crossover service and payed offering online, the pastor prophecy never show... Can I use this method to retrieve my money? Abeg
I've his voice recorded

Your skull is full of relaxer, can't you read to comprehend?
Re: How To Retrieve Your Money After You Have Been Scammed by tammie24: 10:51am On Jan 12, 2020
VicM6:
and you think after he has scam u, he will leave d money in the acct bah...... this people operates more than 7banks at a time and once any money comes in, they withdraw it quickly and won't use dat bank for some time..... if na like that e take easy then scammers for no dey again na. ....As we take wise, na so dos werey scammers wise too.... Na thief dey show thief way....
a good solution would be to block all bank accounts with the same BVN Otherwise they will always get away
Re: How To Retrieve Your Money After You Have Been Scammed by agentakins: 10:53am On Jan 12, 2020
Fantastic
Re: How To Retrieve Your Money After You Have Been Scammed by alfarouq(m): 11:33am On Jan 12, 2020
good.
Re: How To Retrieve Your Money After You Have Been Scammed by Frankicent(m): 11:38am On Jan 12, 2020
BigSarah:
Any bank that places a hold on a customer account because or chats submitted as proof deserves to be sued, chats can be doctored.

Are you D*MB? did you read what the ops said.. You forget the account transaction pay... Na go just dey talk anyhow. See your ring nose like Spanish bull.
Re: How To Retrieve Your Money After You Have Been Scammed by TimiRume(f): 12:01pm On Jan 12, 2020
Skymason20:
Long process, just look for any of your relative who is into pos business,, body go tell the scamer! Talking from experience
How does the pos thing work?
Re: How To Retrieve Your Money After You Have Been Scammed by MOORCHMOORE(m): 12:31pm On Jan 12, 2020
BigSarah:

Since it's printed a little graphic work could alter the facts, or even account cloning
Just know it that your evidence in not the paper but mobile app conversions.

Lets not discourage those that need that service.

Have a nice day
Re: How To Retrieve Your Money After You Have Been Scammed by Kingrexyl(m): 2:56pm On Jan 12, 2020
BigSarah:
Any bank that places a hold on a customer account because or chats submitted as proof deserves to be sued, chats can be doctored.

Meanwhile

I went to a fake church crossover service and payed offering online, the pastor prophecy never show... Can I use this method to retrieve my money? Abeg
I've his voice recorded
Did you love yesterday's sex? let have it today
Re: How To Retrieve Your Money After You Have Been Scammed by Wiseking00(m): 3:30pm On Jan 12, 2020
I wasn't scammed but mistakenly transfered some amount to first bank account from my access bank . I went to access bank to lodge a complaint and asked to follow some procedure which I did .

I was told that a message has been sent to FBN to notify their customer to do the needful but uptil now nothing was done. Access keep telling me to come today come tomorrow that FBN not yet responded to the mail.

I copied EFCC, CBN, FBN ,ICPC same as you instructed above only EFCC replied and ask me to lodge complaint at my bank

Nigeria banks are not friendly when it comes to issue like this, it seem they are programmed to aid fraud and illigalities (my opinion )

1 Like

Re: How To Retrieve Your Money After You Have Been Scammed by Wiseking00(m): 3:38pm On Jan 12, 2020
chuxyfranklin:

Does this apply for wrong transfer too?

I have a current issue, I had transferred money to a wrong account and the woman is unwilling to pay back..

What should I do?

We are on the same issue. I don't even know who the person is and the other end bank don't want to corporate
Re: How To Retrieve Your Money After You Have Been Scammed by desertboom(m): 6:56pm On Jan 12, 2020
Someone defrauded me too

Can only police report or police extract stand because I read where it says court order and police report.

Can a police extract from the state headquarters serve this purpose without going to court to get court order?
Re: How To Retrieve Your Money After You Have Been Scammed by Nobody: 8:21pm On Jan 12, 2020
lefulefu:
just confess u sent Tfare to her and babe no gree show grin grin grin grin
who knows..maybe na man masquarading as a lady u even send money to grin

I hope in reality, you're not this daft..
Re: How To Retrieve Your Money After You Have Been Scammed by Nobody: 8:43pm On Jan 12, 2020
chuxyfranklin:

I hope in reality, you're not this daft..
u the daft one.sending money to another account.you didnt check the account number well before hitting the send button grin.
Re: How To Retrieve Your Money After You Have Been Scammed by Nobody: 8:52pm On Jan 12, 2020
lefulefu:
u the daft one.sending money to another account.you didnt check the account number well before hitting the send button grin.

Your moniker says it all.
Re: How To Retrieve Your Money After You Have Been Scammed by Nobody: 8:55pm On Jan 12, 2020
chuxyfranklin:

Your moniker says it all.
yimu
Re: How To Retrieve Your Money After You Have Been Scammed by lokojay1989(m): 9:42pm On Jan 12, 2020
micomails:
I've recovered money from fraudsters for victims on a few occasions. It takes some level of perseverance though. The bank cannot freeze an account merely on your words or documented evidence as this would make people to maliciously block accounts of their percieved enemies.
a). a court order asking the bank to release the BVN of the account and all other account numbers associated with the BVN.
b). a court order ordering the freezing of all accounts associated with the BVN.

At one of the insatnce, the scammer called the victim requesting for her to send her account number so he could refund whatever he took from her for us to vacate the orders . I asked for tripple of what he took as out-of-court settlement. The fowl sha bargained but we maintained our stand.
las las, the idiot paid.
Some of them use account numbers of innocent 3rd partied but I don't care either. Ignorance its not an excuse in the court of law. You don't give a complete stranger your account for transactions.
Please, are you a lawyer? If yes I will need your services. Someone defrauded me on Nairaland although the amount involve is very small but I want him to pay. I have sent a dm to you.
Re: How To Retrieve Your Money After You Have Been Scammed by ifiokbenzy(m): 2:31am On Jan 13, 2020
Qadaffi2idiamin:
Now I know how to kwollect all za money buhari sook prom Ningeria... undecided
You want to apply Economic sekurity to Kwaruption. Yoowa!�
Re: How To Retrieve Your Money After You Have Been Scammed by Qadaffi2idiamin: 6:57am On Jan 13, 2020
ifiokbenzy:

You want to apply Economic sekurity to Kwaruption. Yoowa!�
We will zdo za needpul
Re: How To Retrieve Your Money After You Have Been Scammed by Xisnin(m): 8:58am On Jan 13, 2020
BigSarah:

Meanwhile

I've his voice recorded
Did you exchange specific prophecy for money?
Did the pastor give you a specific time?
Did you pay through the bank?
Re: How To Retrieve Your Money After You Have Been Scammed by kemade14: 9:40am On Jan 13, 2020
yusufu16:

Bro. It works.

If you want to even deal with scammer, you can even get court order and give to police. Police will even track him with just his phone no.
How much does it cost getting this court order?
Re: How To Retrieve Your Money After You Have Been Scammed by darigho: 3:51pm On Jan 13, 2020
Please nairalanders help, how do I recover funds back. Someone exchanged my dad's ATM and withdrew cash ,the person also did other POS transactions. I'm thinking the only link to identifying this person is the the cash withdrawal from ATM , we have the time and ATM location. Bank said they can't do anything about the POS transactions. Only blocked the account
Re: How To Retrieve Your Money After You Have Been Scammed by darigho: 4:23pm On Jan 13, 2020
micomails:

las las, the idiot paid.
please help, someone stole my Dad's ATM, withdrew cash and did other POS transactions, how do we trace this person

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

A Furniture Maker Lured And Killed In Edo / Friday Billions: Yahoo Boy Declared Wanted For Defiling 6-Year-Old Girl In Delta / Makoko Police Station On Fire

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.