Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,640 members, 7,820,250 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 12:06 PM

Things You Must Know Before Traveling To Lagos - Travel (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Things You Must Know Before Traveling To Lagos (47267 Views)

My Girlfriend Doesn't Want To Get Married To Me Before Traveling Abroad / What Skills Should A Nigerian Acquire Before Traveling To Europe Or America / Cost Of Living In Australia: 5 Things You Must Know As An International Student (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Things You Must Know Before Traveling To Lagos by Gandollar(f): 6:26pm On Jan 11, 2020
Angelfrost:
Sigh... This has to be one of the most pointless posts to hit FP... What the fvck is this fvckery??! undecided
Did you see his opening gaffe?
Re: Things You Must Know Before Traveling To Lagos by raphroye: 6:26pm On Jan 11, 2020
Lagos is fun, but the crazy traffic is hell.... I once entered Lagos very late, and I didn't feel it. All I did was to visit the club at festac First gate.. I spent the whole night there having fun. I didn't even know when it was 6:30am
Re: Things You Must Know Before Traveling To Lagos by Chuks9000: 6:26pm On Jan 11, 2020
Night life is now dangerous
Re: Things You Must Know Before Traveling To Lagos by habeesola(f): 6:27pm On Jan 11, 2020
fredoooooo:
1. O gbodo rindin ju
2.O gbodo suwegbe
3. O gbodo ya mugu

cheesy cheesy grin
Otun gbodo go ju

1 Like

Re: Things You Must Know Before Traveling To Lagos by itsme01: 6:28pm On Jan 11, 2020
grin

Lagos sweet no be small, na why some people hardly return to their village, and when they do for december they run back before January 3

3 Likes

Re: Things You Must Know Before Traveling To Lagos by Angelfrost(m): 6:28pm On Jan 11, 2020
Gandollar:
Did you see his opening gaffe?

Nigga must have been drinking while typing that... grin

1 Like

Re: Things You Must Know Before Traveling To Lagos by Expert17: 6:30pm On Jan 11, 2020
Chomsky1967:
Nothing extraordinary. Applies to most cities please

It doesn't

Visit Lagos

1 Like

Re: Things You Must Know Before Traveling To Lagos by Timijo(m): 6:30pm On Jan 11, 2020
I did not know any of these and I have been to Lagos many times without being harmed.
Re: Things You Must Know Before Traveling To Lagos by Nobody: 6:30pm On Jan 11, 2020
chinavs9ja:
There is doubt, Lagos is beautiful and it is a place where you can meet successful people. It is a place where everyone will like to site their business. However, easily you can get sold out on some of the negative news about Lagos. But it doesn't mean everything is glooming, there is still some negative side of Lagos. Believe me, it is a place you will love to settle down for business. That is why am taking my time to write out some tips you must know before you travel down to Lagos. Below are the things you must know:

You must have a bearing
Trust me you will be frustrated for the first time visiting Lagos without knowing where you are going. You have to plan what you are going there for and which part of Lagos you are going. This should be the first thing on your agenda before travelling to Lagos.

You must know how to mind your business
Unlike other cities where foreigners and tourists usually look different and odd. But Lagosians hardly give so much attention to foreigners or visitors, this is because they are used to seeing them. Lagos is where people mind their business, don't expect them to start asking you questions about where you are coming from or you are going either. So, mind your business and stay focus on what brings you to Lagos.

Traffic Jam is inevitable
You should know that you are going to Lagos to face traffic jams. It will be stressful if you have a private car. A friend visited me with his car last year, he never knew what came over him to abandon his car for public transport.

Lagos nightlife is always fun
Don't be surprised when you can't even explain how you spent your January salary. You must have the self-discipline to overcome the pleasure that comes around you when you receive your salary.

Written By Chinawapz;
. Forget to 1: all danfo drivers and con. Are criminal and pick pocket lipsrsealed

1 Like

Re: Things You Must Know Before Traveling To Lagos by Gandollar(f): 6:31pm On Jan 11, 2020
Angelfrost:

Nigga must have been drinking while typing that... grin
Hahaha grin
Re: Things You Must Know Before Traveling To Lagos by darealez(m): 6:31pm On Jan 11, 2020
My first time of being in Lagos was 2001, to n fro ikeja airport, second time was 25th Dec 2019 and 3rd, 4days ago. It's nothing special like everyone has spoken of left n right. No serious traffic jam and touts ready to steal my 'kidney'. I find warri and portharcourt even more cumbersome and less orderly. Lag seems as though really cool to me for now tho, the fact that people are orderly, speak less, conscious of rules and all that speaks a plus.

Warri, Bayelsa, PH, Abia ppl.... I hail o

1 Like

Re: Things You Must Know Before Traveling To Lagos by sanusi44z(m): 6:31pm On Jan 11, 2020
I didn't know any and i traveled to Lagos.
Re: Things You Must Know Before Traveling To Lagos by Nobody: 6:32pm On Jan 11, 2020
I dont think i can leave lagos for any other city. All my life has been in Lag.
Anything that will make me leave Lagos, na Yankee straight!!!!
Can't live in any dull place.

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Things You Must Know Before Traveling To Lagos by Assha: 6:33pm On Jan 11, 2020
[quote author=chinavs9ja post=85701835]
Traffic Jam is inevitable
You should know that you are going to Lagos to face traffic jams. It will be stressful if you have a private car. A friend visited me with his car last year, he never knew what came over him to abandon his car for public transport.

Lagos will give you job
Traffic will collect it from you

1 Like

Re: Things You Must Know Before Traveling To Lagos by tyup(m): 6:34pm On Jan 11, 2020
hisexcellency34:
The first rule is that once you are in Lagos, you will automatically have a new daddy and mummy. See them here

Lmao grin grin

1 Like

Re: Things You Must Know Before Traveling To Lagos by Godsonkemz(m): 6:35pm On Jan 11, 2020
Avoid pressing your phone while stuck in a Lagos traffic jam if you're close to the window and if you're wearing gold watch or expensive jewelries keep it down low beneath.

Wind up while on traffic.

If you in a bike at night, do not bring out your phone when the bike man approaches bad spots.

Avoid areas prone to criminal activities especially at night.

Do not move around aimlessly at night with your valuables.

S

4 Likes

Re: Things You Must Know Before Traveling To Lagos by Kokoebapluse(m): 6:36pm On Jan 11, 2020
Eko akete,
Re: Things You Must Know Before Traveling To Lagos by Gandollar(f): 6:41pm On Jan 11, 2020
itsme01:
grin

Lagos sweet no be small, na why some people hardly return to their village, and when they do for december they run back before January 3

Because Igbos own 80% Lagos.

7 Likes

Re: Things You Must Know Before Traveling To Lagos by samwash(m): 6:45pm On Jan 11, 2020
Most people that will say ''No big deal abt Lagos ''
Are the ones that come to visit, spent one or two days and leave, but the Lagos born and breed can relate to what the Op mentioned above .

1 Like

Re: Things You Must Know Before Traveling To Lagos by Olibboy: 6:45pm On Jan 11, 2020
Slawormir:

Damnnnnn niggarrr
Abuja anyday anytime twice on Saturday

Lagos is one over rated place

Went there as a Bini boy last two years. In fact it was the day that tanker explosion happened
And i must tell you Lagos is overrated. Too dirty and noisy.

When i entered Abuja same last two years November because i wanted an instant passport because there was no booklet in Edo state and moreover i wanted Abuja on it because i want use am go dope countries like Oman and Bahrain go run my dope shit that was when i knew the difference between Abuja and Lagos

It was even more obvious to me that Edo was actually bigger than Lagos. It took like forever to leave Edo land when you are going to Abuja. All those Edo north was like forever. So Lagos is just one small shiiit hole place that is overcrowded.
Abuja was just organised. Every body just dey organised. Big boys
No noise. I come down from motor na one gentle man approach me ask me say if i need a car drop

But in Lagos i was hearing rubbish like owo da. The conductors and drivers were speaking Yoruba non stop. No body even approach me for car drop. I was looking for where to hide my head and make call because the whole area was noisy

Abuja is too good to be compared with that shiiit hole called lagos
Abuja is damn expensive and cool. for Lagos no go dey look uche face...
Re: Things You Must Know Before Traveling To Lagos by ItooWorWor(m): 6:47pm On Jan 11, 2020
The truth is once you are in Lagos you are an agbero cool

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Things You Must Know Before Traveling To Lagos by Balyz: 6:48pm On Jan 11, 2020
darealez:
My first time of being in Lagos was 2001, to n fro ikeja airport, second time was 25th Dec 2019 and 3rd, 4days ago. It's nothing special like everyone has spoken of left n right. No serious traffic jam and touts ready to steal my 'kidney'. I find warri and portharcourt even more cumbersome and less orderly. Lag seems as though really cool to me for now tho, the fact that people are orderly, speak less, conscious of rules and all that speaks a plus.

Warri, Bayelsa, PH, Abia ppl.... I hail o
tell me a little about warri

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Things You Must Know Before Traveling To Lagos by itsme01: 6:49pm On Jan 11, 2020
Gandollar:
Because Igbos own 80% Lagos.

grin

oh really

only 80%? i thought Its 95% ratio 5% ,. and thats why you are called 5%ters according to Ipob Statistics department

9 Likes

Re: Things You Must Know Before Traveling To Lagos by greggng: 6:49pm On Jan 11, 2020
For me I am yet to see any other state I can live in except Lagos. Lagos is the real deal .imagine when I first came to Lagos ...was squatting with a friend ..,,every afternoon I will be seeing big ass yoruba nebors hanging their pant ....I use to love how they roll that big ass....long story short I tested the Adams Apple and my friend sent me parking cos he believed I wasn't focused....that I came to Lagos cos of Yoruba ass. I am wiser now nothing in that ass

8 Likes

Re: Things You Must Know Before Traveling To Lagos by bjsteve: 6:52pm On Jan 11, 2020
Lagos is different from other part of the country in so many way and is the most developed but some places on the mainland is can be very dirty and some places on the island can look like a foreign land

1 Like

Re: Things You Must Know Before Traveling To Lagos by Afamed: 6:53pm On Jan 11, 2020
This thread will greatly be useful to LZAA , I intend relocating the poor Obiagwu boy down to Lagos come Feb14.

4 Likes

Re: Things You Must Know Before Traveling To Lagos by PastorandMentor(m): 6:53pm On Jan 11, 2020
We talking Chicago and you are talking Lagos grin

3 Likes

Re: Things You Must Know Before Traveling To Lagos by itzprezy(m): 6:53pm On Jan 11, 2020
Slawormir:

Damnnnnn niggarrr
Abuja anyday anytime twice on Saturday

Lagos is one over rated place

Went there as a Bini boy last two years. In fact it was the day that tanker explosion happened
And i must tell you Lagos is overrated. Too dirty and noisy.

When i entered Abuja same last two years November because i wanted an instant passport because there was no booklet in Edo state and moreover i wanted Abuja on it because i want use am go dope countries like Oman and Bahrain go run my dope shit that was when i knew the difference between Abuja and Lagos

It was even more obvious to me that Edo was actually bigger than Lagos. It took like forever to leave Edo land when you are going to Abuja. All those Edo north was like forever. So Lagos is just one small shiiit hole place that is overcrowded.
Abuja was just organised. Every body just dey organised. Big boys
No noise. I come down from motor na one gentle man approach me ask me say if i need a car drop

But in Lagos i was hearing rubbish like owo da. The conductors and drivers were speaking Yoruba non stop. No body even approach me for car drop. I was looking for where to hide my head and make call because the whole area was noisy

Abuja is too good to be compared with that shiiit hole called lagos

Abuja just fine pass Lagos. That's all

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Nigerian Lady Residing In Canada Berates Fellow Nigerians (Video) / What Is The Most Dangerous Airline In Nigeria? / Panic As Tanker Falls At Otedola, Lagos. Motorists On The Run (photos, Video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.