Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,792 members, 7,820,785 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 09:35 PM

Things You Must Know Before Traveling To Lagos - Travel (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Things You Must Know Before Traveling To Lagos (47276 Views)

My Girlfriend Doesn't Want To Get Married To Me Before Traveling Abroad / What Skills Should A Nigerian Acquire Before Traveling To Europe Or America / Cost Of Living In Australia: 5 Things You Must Know As An International Student (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Things You Must Know Before Traveling To Lagos by TommyAnthem(m): 9:40pm On Jan 11, 2020
Nothing in Lagos, I visit there once in a while, I am always happy Whenever I am exiting that city, it's such a horrible place.
Edoziesmart:

And who tell you other cities are dull?
Have you been to kano, onitsha, warri, yenagoa, Bini, PH, Aba etc?
If not you won't type this crap.

I don't see anything special in Lagos life, compare to what I had experienced in yenagoa and warri that made me change location with full speed grin

Nothing special in Lagos street life aside the uncontrollable traffic.

Re: Things You Must Know Before Traveling To Lagos by HowDareU: 9:50pm On Jan 11, 2020
GMbuharii:

grin grin lzaa immhotep
U well at all!

1 Like

Re: Things You Must Know Before Traveling To Lagos by Nobody: 9:56pm On Jan 11, 2020
pacespot:
If not for jobs and economic opportunities, I don't fancy Lagos life one bit. Anytime I'm leaving Lagos for my home city Akure, I feel like a heavy load lifted off my head. The traffic jam and noise in Lagos is too much.
tell them jor, Akure city, home of peace.
Re: Things You Must Know Before Traveling To Lagos by gregyboy(m): 9:58pm On Jan 11, 2020
Slawormir:

Damnnnnn niggarrr
Abuja anyday anytime twice on Saturday

Lagos is one over rated place

Went there as a Bini boy last two years. In fact it was the day that tanker explosion happened
And i must tell you Lagos is overrated. Too dirty and noisy.

When i entered Abuja same last two years November because i wanted an instant passport because there was no booklet in Edo state and moreover i wanted Abuja on it because i want use am go dope countries like Oman and Bahrain go run my dope shit that was when i knew the difference between Abuja and Lagos

It was even more obvious to me that Edo was actually bigger than Lagos. It took like forever to leave Edo land when you are going to Abuja. All those Edo north was like forever. So Lagos is just one small shiiit hole place that is overcrowded.
Abuja was just organised. Every body just dey organised. Big boys
No noise. I come down from motor na one gentle man approach me ask me say if i need a car drop

But in Lagos i was hearing rubbish like owo da. The conductors and drivers were speaking Yoruba non stop. No body even approach me for car drop. I was looking for where to hide my head and make call because the whole area was noisy

Abuja is too good to be compared with that shiiit hole called lagos

How lagosians take they praise that slum of a state they tire me

1 Like

Re: Things You Must Know Before Traveling To Lagos by extremelygolden: 10:00pm On Jan 11, 2020
And if you can drive in Lagos, you can actually drive anywhere in the world. Contending with those crazy danfo drivers, keke drivers and reckless okada riders is not a mean feat.

No matter how gentle a person you are, once you're on the wheel, they must provoke you into issuing out one abusive word or another to them.

Driving in traffic nko? That's a story for another day, jare.
Re: Things You Must Know Before Traveling To Lagos by aspirebig: 10:10pm On Jan 11, 2020
No 1 is ..,This is Lagos.....not ,....Welcome to Lagos...them no send u o

Nigeria's commercial capital. Land of opportunities like no other in the whole Naija.
Re: Things You Must Know Before Traveling To Lagos by OyinO: 10:13pm On Jan 11, 2020
Was born there and spent my first 6 years there but I am damn scared returning there. Only bad news coming from that place. One day, I'll visit there whether good or bad.
Re: Things You Must Know Before Traveling To Lagos by LZAA: 10:14pm On Jan 11, 2020
GMbuharii:

Says the number one on the queue and list of BMC chop-money mentals

Lolsssssss

grin grin grin
Lzaa immhotep

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Things You Must Know Before Traveling To Lagos by rentAcock(m): 10:32pm On Jan 11, 2020
toyetade:

Wrong. Other cities of the world are better organised and no room for short cuts or lies. If you live lagos life in any other cities, you are not far from jail

But isn't that the point I'm making? If you can make it in a crazy city like lagos, it will be a breeze at other cities.
Re: Things You Must Know Before Traveling To Lagos by oloriLFC(f): 10:38pm On Jan 11, 2020
itzprezy:
Like for Lagos
Share for abuja
54likes, 54 shares. I won't like or share, someone else should settle the scores

Re: Things You Must Know Before Traveling To Lagos by Chicastle: 10:49pm On Jan 11, 2020
Petakwa city is better than Lagos. You can visit anybody with your car anytime. In fact you can drive your car any minutes no traffic jam. Nah there I hate lagos
Re: Things You Must Know Before Traveling To Lagos by superability(m): 10:52pm On Jan 11, 2020
Pidginwhisper:
grin
I dey smell military man here o...
Re: Things You Must Know Before Traveling To Lagos by NonnyDot(m): 11:05pm On Jan 11, 2020
hisexcellency34:
The first rule is that once you are in Lagos, you will automatically have a new daddy and mummy. See them here

Lwkmd
Re: Things You Must Know Before Traveling To Lagos by maroke1: 11:10pm On Jan 11, 2020
You didn't remind us that the Tinubu is our father, all we labour in Lagos goes to him
Re: Things You Must Know Before Traveling To Lagos by Nobody: 11:18pm On Jan 11, 2020
there is good and bad in lagos
Re: Things You Must Know Before Traveling To Lagos by Nobody: 11:20pm On Jan 11, 2020
slimbrownbsb:
there is good and bad in lagos
so u have to be wish, use your head
Re: Things You Must Know Before Traveling To Lagos by itzprezy(m): 11:26pm On Jan 11, 2020
oloriLFC:
54likes, 54 shares. I won't like or share, someone else should settle the scores

Guy the thing tire me sef
Re: Things You Must Know Before Traveling To Lagos by Nobody: 11:32pm On Jan 11, 2020
Nothing will make me go to that Lagos.

So much razzness and dirtiness.

Abuja sef, I can't stay...abnormal, socially awkward people forming efizi. Been there, done that.
Re: Things You Must Know Before Traveling To Lagos by Nobody: 11:40pm On Jan 11, 2020
rentAcock:

But isn't that the point I'm making? If you can make it in a crazy city like lagos, it will be a breeze at other cities.
Yes but you have to unlearn all the bad way of life you learn from Lagos first and then learn a better way to life. You can make it but not by breeze, things are just different in the Western world especially
Re: Things You Must Know Before Traveling To Lagos by Nobody: 11:43pm On Jan 11, 2020
extremelygolden:
And if you can drive in Lagos, you can actually drive anywhere in the world. Contending with those crazy danfo drivers, keke drivers and reckless okada riders is not a mean feat.

No matter how gentle a person you are, once you're on the wheel, they must provoke you into issuing out one abusive word or another to them.

Driving in traffic nko? That's a story for another day, jare.

Those are the lies we were told while in Lagos but it took me 7 years to pass my driving test in the UK because of the bad habit of driving I learnt in Lagos. It is better you don't know how to drive that learning driving the Lagos way.

1 Like

Re: Things You Must Know Before Traveling To Lagos by sprints1: 1:24am On Jan 12, 2020
Favy93:
please between Lagos and Portharcourt,which is the best place for an unemployed graduate.
both is nice dear depending on which one you wany
Re: Things You Must Know Before Traveling To Lagos by Joystark(f): 1:31am On Jan 12, 2020
Word of advice...

Don't even think about it.
Re: Things You Must Know Before Traveling To Lagos by BabaRamota1980: 2:26am On Jan 12, 2020
Slawormir:

Damnnnnn niggarrr

Went there as a Bini boy last two years. In fact it was the day that tanker explosion happened

When i entered Abuja same last two years November because i wanted an instant passport because there was no booklet in Edo state and moreover i wanted Abuja on it because i want use am go dope countries like Oman and Bahrain go run my dope shit that was when i knew the difference between Abuja and Lagos

It was even more obvious to me that Edo was actually bigger than Lagos. It took like forever to leave Edo land when you are going to Abuja. All those Edo north was like forever. So Lagos is just one small shiiit hole place that is overcrowded.
No noise. I come down from motor na one gentle man approach me ask me say if i need a car drop

But in Lagos i was hearing rubbish like owo da. The conductors and drivers were speaking Yoruba non stop. No body even approach me for car drop. I was looking for where to hide my head and make call because the whole area was noisy

Ive seen this description before. Someone visited US and toured Orlando, Atlanta and New York.

What you wrote about Lagos fitted their description of New York.

I wonder if that was you. The person said New York is like thr jungle. Animals in it are constantly in a food chain and you survive by outsmarting your predator and bullying your prey. He compared Orlando to a zoo. Every animal has its space and schedule, though restricted but not stressful.

Lagos is like New York, a jungle. In comparison, Abuja is like Orlando, a caged habitat.
Re: Things You Must Know Before Traveling To Lagos by BabaRamota1980: 2:32am On Jan 12, 2020
rentAcock:

Lagos is not crazy. Lagos is the most organized city in Nigeria.

If half the population in Lagos relocated to Abuja or any other city that place will shut down overnight and go bankrupt within a short time. Thats just half population! If you relocate all people in Lagos to Abuja that will be the end of Abuja.

Lagos has a lot of order and organization to continue to support more migrants coming in everyday and remain solvent.

Lagos dey try, we must give credit to people that Administer it and make it run, from top to bottom!
Re: Things You Must Know Before Traveling To Lagos by Crazeworld(m): 4:15am On Jan 12, 2020
Eko loti ma k'ogbon
Re: Things You Must Know Before Traveling To Lagos by itunity007(m): 5:58am On Jan 12, 2020
Slawormir:

Damnnnnn niggarrr

grin grin lasgidi for you and no b for lazy man
Re: Things You Must Know Before Traveling To Lagos by pwansunriseteam: 6:50am On Jan 12, 2020
Lasgidi is fun to live in if you like vibes and noise but the traffic jam and the dirts will make you want to leave the city immediately. Poulation dey Lagos oh, I was at Alaba International around 5pm and i was shocked to see the number of people trooping out of the market and were going down Ojo-Igede road. Infact Lagos have up to 50 Million people.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

What Is The Most Dangerous Airline In Nigeria? / Panic As Tanker Falls At Otedola, Lagos. Motorists On The Run (photos, Video) / Lady Dies In Auto Crash, Hours To Her Trip To The U.S (photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.