Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,784 members, 7,810,045 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 07:17 PM

Things You Must Know Before Traveling To Lagos - Travel (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Things You Must Know Before Traveling To Lagos (47235 Views)

My Girlfriend Doesn't Want To Get Married To Me Before Traveling Abroad / What Skills Should A Nigerian Acquire Before Traveling To Europe Or America / Cost Of Living In Australia: 5 Things You Must Know As An International Student (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Things You Must Know Before Traveling To Lagos by mastertunji(m): 6:54pm On Jan 11, 2020
I concur! As a Lagosian by origin and residence, I have realised that Lagosians always mind their biz. The traffic jam is also inevitable. Let me add some points:

(1) Most Yoruba Lagosians, especially conductors market women expect U to understand and speak Yoruba. Conductors in commercial buses speak Yoruba to passengers, unmindful of d fact that that not everybody speaks Yoruba.

(2) If U are not a Yoruba nor Hausa, Yoruba Lagosians call U "IBO". They don't want to know whether U are from South-south or Southeast. They also tag U an Hausa if U are from d North.

9 Likes

Re: Things You Must Know Before Traveling To Lagos by Starhearts: 6:54pm On Jan 11, 2020
Naa Lagos u go learn
Re: Things You Must Know Before Traveling To Lagos by Afamed: 6:55pm On Jan 11, 2020
Gandollar:
Because Igbos own 80% Lagos.
And when election is around the corner, hence urgent need to hike propaganda, Tinubu will suddenly owes 230% of Lagos.
Re: Things You Must Know Before Traveling To Lagos by Starhearts: 6:56pm On Jan 11, 2020
Be prepared for sugar mummy and sugar daddy

Ur eyes go clear well well

If u do anyhow u go see anyhow.

Naa Lagos dem dey call here, no be Kaduna
Re: Things You Must Know Before Traveling To Lagos by Julesbaby(f): 6:57pm On Jan 11, 2020
Starhearts:
Naa Lagos u go learn
Please nairaland members, how do I get to Yaba lagos from sango Ota.
Quickest route and estimated tfare please.
Starhearts:
Naa Lagos u go learn
Re: Things You Must Know Before Traveling To Lagos by Shollay20(m): 6:57pm On Jan 11, 2020
money dey lagos
Re: Things You Must Know Before Traveling To Lagos by Julesbaby(f): 6:58pm On Jan 11, 2020
Please nairaland members, how do I get to Yaba lagos from sango Ota. Quickest route and estimated tfare please.
Re: Things You Must Know Before Traveling To Lagos by Afamed: 6:58pm On Jan 11, 2020
Julesbaby:
Quickest route and estimated tfare please. Please nairaland members, how do I get to Yaba lagos from sango Ota.
From Sango down to Oshodi, from Oshodi, under the bridge, board Yaba direct .Your Tf will be influenced by the time.

1 Like

Re: Things You Must Know Before Traveling To Lagos by ItooWorWor(m): 6:59pm On Jan 11, 2020
Afamed:
This thread will greatly be useful to LZAA , I intend relocating the poor Obiagwu boy down to Lagos come Feb14.
grin Just bring am come my side for mushin grin grin

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Things You Must Know Before Traveling To Lagos by Starhearts: 6:59pm On Jan 11, 2020
incogni2o:
This is not comprehensive enough.

If u cannot add ur own idea
Pls keep quiet for LIFE
U nd ur banga fish mouth
Re: Things You Must Know Before Traveling To Lagos by jydmak(m): 7:00pm On Jan 11, 2020
[color=#990000][/may God bless that your friend]

me I am yet to see any other state I can live in except Lagos. Lagos is the real deal .imagine when I first came to Lagos ...was squatting with a friend ..,,every afternoon I will be seeing big ass yoruba nebors hanging their pant ....I use to love how they roll that big ass....long story short I tested the Adams Apple and my friend sent me parking cos he believed I wasn't focused....that I came to Lagos cos of Yoruba ass. I am wiser now nothing in that ass[/quote]
Re: Things You Must Know Before Traveling To Lagos by Afamed: 7:01pm On Jan 11, 2020
ItooWorWor:

grin Just bring am come my side for mushin grin grin
Na so, the boy needs better resetting . I go bring am come Ojuwoye make dem help me reset him head
Re: Things You Must Know Before Traveling To Lagos by Coldie(m): 7:02pm On Jan 11, 2020
hisexcellency34:
The first rule is that once you are in Lagos, you will automatically have a new daddy and mummy. See them here
If people like u keep repeating a lie over and over again. It would become a culture and tinubu would continue to reign
Re: Things You Must Know Before Traveling To Lagos by DerickCO(m): 7:03pm On Jan 11, 2020
Lagos is Center Of All Frustration.
Even dogs want to leave this place.
My own advice is, if you want to come here, us private jet so that hold up will not catch you.

4 Likes

Re: Things You Must Know Before Traveling To Lagos by Edoziesmart(m): 7:04pm On Jan 11, 2020
Jewessgratitude:
I dont think i can leave lagos for any other city. All my life has been in Lag.
Anything that will make me leave Lagos, na Yankee straight!!!!
Can't live in any dull place.

And who tell you other cities are dull?
Have you been to kano, onitsha, warri, yenagoa, Bini, PH, Aba etc?
If not you won't type this crap.

I don't see anything special in Lagos life, compare to what I had experienced in yenagoa and warri that made me change location with full speed grin

Nothing special in Lagos street life aside the uncontrollable traffic.

11 Likes

Re: Things You Must Know Before Traveling To Lagos by Ogaonos: 7:04pm On Jan 11, 2020
hisexcellency34:
The first rule is that once you are in Lagos, you will automatically have a new daddy and mummy. See them here
wat about security tips.because I hear stories of one chance ritualist posing as commercial riders.wat d security tips on dt

2 Likes

Re: Things You Must Know Before Traveling To Lagos by ItooWorWor(m): 7:05pm On Jan 11, 2020
Afamed:

Na so, the boy needs better resetting . I go bring am come Ojuwoye make dem help me reset him head
Correct! he go learn by fire by force grin grin

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Things You Must Know Before Traveling To Lagos by yesloaded: 7:05pm On Jan 11, 2020
ItooWorWor:
The truth is once you are in Lagos you are an agbero cool
grin

how do you mean?

Alrhough, Lagos go make you tough person to some extent except you no dey go out or enter danfo

If no wan talk, dem go force u to talk else dem turn you to mumu

1 Like

Re: Things You Must Know Before Traveling To Lagos by Ogaonos: 7:06pm On Jan 11, 2020
chinavs9ja:
There is doubt, Lagos is beautiful and it is a place where you can meet successful people. It is a place where everyone will like to site their business. However, easily you can get sold out on some of the negative news about Lagos. But it doesn't mean everything is glooming, there is still some negative side of Lagos. Believe me, it is a place you will love to settle down for business. That is why am taking my time to write out some tips you must know before you travel down to Lagos. Below are the things you must know:

You must have a bearing
Trust me you will be frustrated for the first time visiting Lagos without knowing where you are going. You have to plan what you are going there for and which part of Lagos you are going. This should be the first thing on your agenda before travelling to Lagos.

You must know how to mind your business
Unlike other cities where foreigners and tourists usually look different and odd. But Lagosians hardly give so much attention to foreigners or visitors, this is because they are used to seeing them. Lagos is where people mind their business, don't expect them to start asking you questions about where you are coming from or you are going either. So, mind your business and stay focus on what brings you to Lagos.

Traffic Jam is inevitable
You should know that you are going to Lagos to face traffic jams. It will be stressful if you have a private car. A friend visited me with his car last year, he never knew what came over him to abandon his car for public transport.

Lagos nightlife is always fun
Don't be surprised when you can't even explain how you spent your January salary. You must have the self-discipline to overcome the pleasure that comes around you when you receive your salary.

Written By Chinawapz;
wat d security tips on one chance ritualist posing as commercial drivers.na DT one dey fear me about lag
Re: Things You Must Know Before Traveling To Lagos by blackboy(m): 7:11pm On Jan 11, 2020
Yellow cabs, unpainted cabs, stress, LASTMA, OPay bikes, BRT, ask questions. Danfo buses, traffic jams , beaches, entertainment, big markets, variety, truly the centre of excellence as per nigeria. Just visited Lagos and must say with all at all I found out I still love Lagos
Re: Things You Must Know Before Traveling To Lagos by Nobody: 7:12pm On Jan 11, 2020
Edoziesmart:

And who tell you other cities are dull?
Have you been to kano, onitsha, warri, yenagoa, Bini, PH, Aba etc?
If not you won't type this crap.

I don't see anything special in Lagos life, compare to what I had experienced in yenagoa and warri that made me change location with full speed grin

Nothing special in Lagos street life aside the uncontrollable traffic.

You prolly lived in those ajegunle area.
Talking about Ikoyi golden gate area.
Kuramo Lodge Eco hotels Vi
Or is it Amadu bello way, silverbird gallery or Awolowo road Bacchus lounge. Or Kuramo Beach?

I still can not trade any of these for those dull places you mentioned. Ok? Deal with it!

1 Like

Re: Things You Must Know Before Traveling To Lagos by LZAA: 7:12pm On Jan 11, 2020
Afamed:
This thread will greatly be useful to LZAA , I intend relocating the poor Obiagwu boy down to Lagos come Feb14.
Sai igbo domination

2 Likes

Re: Things You Must Know Before Traveling To Lagos by pacespot(m): 7:19pm On Jan 11, 2020
If not for jobs and economic opportunities, I don't fancy Lagos life one bit. Anytime I'm leaving Lagos for my home city Akure, I feel like a heavy load lifted off my head. The traffic jam and noise in Lagos is too much.

13 Likes

Re: Things You Must Know Before Traveling To Lagos by AjilejaEkun: 7:22pm On Jan 11, 2020
Jibiti dey for Lagos, dem fit sell one house for 4 persons.

2 Likes

Re: Things You Must Know Before Traveling To Lagos by MOVIC6: 7:22pm On Jan 11, 2020
rentAcock:
Lagos is a hustler's city, no food for lazy man. But if you make it in lagos, you can make it anywhere on this planet.

go to Onitsha and check
Re: Things You Must Know Before Traveling To Lagos by Gandollar(f): 7:22pm On Jan 11, 2020
Afamed:

And when election is around the corner, hence urgent need to hike propaganda, Tinubu will suddenly owes 230% of Lagos.
Afamed how long have you been married to itsme01?

I'm gradually closing in on you guys.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Things You Must Know Before Traveling To Lagos by ewizard1: 7:22pm On Jan 11, 2020
5. Eko dun lalale , to ba ti lowo lapo.
Re: Things You Must Know Before Traveling To Lagos by Ibukun003(m): 7:23pm On Jan 11, 2020
You just have to be wise. Wise and Sharp.
Re: Things You Must Know Before Traveling To Lagos by DECLAN2015(m): 7:26pm On Jan 11, 2020
Gandollar:
Because Igbos own 80% Lagos.

120%

1 Like

Re: Things You Must Know Before Traveling To Lagos by Gandollar(f): 7:26pm On Jan 11, 2020
Jewessgratitude:

You prolly lived in those ajegunle area.
Talking about Ikoyi golden gate area.
Kuramo Lodge Eco hotels Vi
Or is it Amadu bello way, silverbird gallery or Awolowo road Bacchus lounge. Or Kuramo Beach?

I still can not trade any of these for those dull places you mentioned. Ok? Deal with it!
Babe do you live in these places or are they where you hustle?

5 Likes

Re: Things You Must Know Before Traveling To Lagos by Gandollar(f): 7:27pm On Jan 11, 2020
DECLAN2015:

120%
E ji Igbo agwa ya onye ocha.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

What Is The Most Dangerous Airline In Nigeria? / Ibom Air 4th Aircraft Unveiled By Governor Udom / Panic As Tanker Falls At Otedola, Lagos. Motorists On The Run (photos, Video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.