Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,263 members, 7,811,734 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 06:20 PM

Nigerians To Get 18-Hour Electricity Supply Soon – Sale Mamman, Power Minister - Politics (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nigerians To Get 18-Hour Electricity Supply Soon – Sale Mamman, Power Minister (34121 Views)

Are You Willing To Pay N178,000 Monthly For A 24-hour Electricity Supply? / Buhari: Why I Sacked Nanono, Sale Mamman & Reshuffled My Cabinet / Nigerians Mock James Momoh Over 'Dream About 24-Hour Electricity In Nigeria' (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerians To Get 18-Hour Electricity Supply Soon – Sale Mamman, Power Minister by Gordson: 10:07pm On Jan 12, 2020
atobs4real:

You are an idiot. From the data available online,
Light have improved drastically except your live at the border close to hell.
You are a Goat �

Suffering don master you grin

Electricity has not improve anywhere across the country.

The fact that you have electricity for so so hours daily doesn't mean there is every where. For them to supply electricity to your area they'll have to deny others.

Goat!
Re: Nigerians To Get 18-Hour Electricity Supply Soon – Sale Mamman, Power Minister by yemex04(m): 10:08pm On Jan 12, 2020
[quote author=ContractKiller post=85736704]In a place called "Nowhere land"

Somewhere in Ota Ogun State Nigeria...
Any improvement on this side should be 24hours...Here, we are already on minimum 16/17 hours a day...As for those that barely experience electricity supply...The 18hours a day is a welcome development..hopefully it will become a reality.

1 Like

Re: Nigerians To Get 18-Hour Electricity Supply Soon – Sale Mamman, Power Minister by edoairways: 10:16pm On Jan 12, 2020
debbysure01:
At least, we are seeing future in his statement. Some years back, Nigeria cannot even boast of 3,000MW during the Father Christmas government of Obj and GEJ...Now we've grown pass that....

Check my signature.
But can we boast of 12hrs nationwide?

1 Like

Re: Nigerians To Get 18-Hour Electricity Supply Soon – Sale Mamman, Power Minister by ttmax09(m): 10:18pm On Jan 12, 2020
Be like they want to tell us another story.
Re: Nigerians To Get 18-Hour Electricity Supply Soon – Sale Mamman, Power Minister by edoairways: 10:18pm On Jan 12, 2020
jaxxy:
I wud say electricity has improved tho I can’t speaj for everywhere and I do hope it gets better. I want Nigerians to celebrate Smtn about this Buharis govt despite the negatives.
So what is there to celebrate when many are still in darkness?

2 Likes

Re: Nigerians To Get 18-Hour Electricity Supply Soon – Sale Mamman, Power Minister by edoairways: 10:20pm On Jan 12, 2020
TheSociopath:

We are not up to 180million in this country. Governments have lied in order to increase their allocation.
Yeah but many Nigerians believed that statistics wholeheartedly

1 Like

Re: Nigerians To Get 18-Hour Electricity Supply Soon – Sale Mamman, Power Minister by kayuseful: 10:20pm On Jan 12, 2020
Youthleader22:

While some countries and even cities are using Gigawatts.. Nigeria is still rallying around 3,000 megawatts since democracy. Is our government not crazy?
You hit the nail on the head.
National generation is measured in GW. Only here we still use MW to make it politically bearable and to downplay the grand ineptitude. Imagine we're struggling with 5,000MW, or say it as it is, 5GW
Re: Nigerians To Get 18-Hour Electricity Supply Soon – Sale Mamman, Power Minister by Horus(m): 10:25pm On Jan 12, 2020
Buy solar panels to produce your own electricity
Re: Nigerians To Get 18-Hour Electricity Supply Soon – Sale Mamman, Power Minister by joinnow: 10:27pm On Jan 12, 2020
-18hr daily should have been better
Re: Nigerians To Get 18-Hour Electricity Supply Soon – Sale Mamman, Power Minister by lexy2014: 10:29pm On Jan 12, 2020
SangoOlukosoOba:
God bless His Excellence President Mohammadu Buhari (GCFR)

Wetin e do abi u don see d 18hours light?
Re: Nigerians To Get 18-Hour Electricity Supply Soon – Sale Mamman, Power Minister by adedayourt(m): 10:30pm On Jan 12, 2020
Knowing in the depth of your heart that u lying, may the calamity the befell Sodom and Gomorrah befall you and ur household
Re: Nigerians To Get 18-Hour Electricity Supply Soon – Sale Mamman, Power Minister by lexy2014: 10:30pm On Jan 12, 2020
TheSociopath:

We are not up to 180million in this country. Governments have lied in order to increase their allocation.

How did u come to this conclusion?
Re: Nigerians To Get 18-Hour Electricity Supply Soon – Sale Mamman, Power Minister by lexy2014: 10:30pm On Jan 12, 2020
edoairways:

Yeah but many Nigerians believed that statistics wholeheartedly

What's d true story
Re: Nigerians To Get 18-Hour Electricity Supply Soon – Sale Mamman, Power Minister by edoairways: 10:33pm On Jan 12, 2020
lexy2014:

What's d true story
No real statistics reason been that we haven't done population census. What we have is estimates

1 Like

Re: Nigerians To Get 18-Hour Electricity Supply Soon – Sale Mamman, Power Minister by vichaz10(m): 10:46pm On Jan 12, 2020
[quote author=yemex04 post=85743756][/quote]

Somewhere in ota ni oo.... Cos at my own side in ota it's always like we paid for midnight plan..
Re: Nigerians To Get 18-Hour Electricity Supply Soon – Sale Mamman, Power Minister by TheSociopath(m): 11:04pm On Jan 12, 2020
lexy2014:

How did u come to this conclusion?

Local Governments and State Governments inflated the population number so that they can receive more federal allocation
Re: Nigerians To Get 18-Hour Electricity Supply Soon – Sale Mamman, Power Minister by osazsky(m): 11:29pm On Jan 12, 2020
luluosas:
I have been without light for 2 months now. Crazy government
are u in benin
Re: Nigerians To Get 18-Hour Electricity Supply Soon – Sale Mamman, Power Minister by luluosas(m): 11:55pm On Jan 12, 2020
Yes please. Thank you
osazsky:
are u in benin
Re: Nigerians To Get 18-Hour Electricity Supply Soon – Sale Mamman, Power Minister by xeju: 12:03am On Jan 13, 2020
Citizenshelm:
The Minister of Power, Engr. Sale Mamman has assured Nigerians of 18-hour electricity supply daily once the country hits 7,000 megawatts power generation and distribution.

Mamman stated that the country would hit 7,000MW power generation target by the end of 2020.

However, he explained that sufficient electricity for everyone could be elusive until the nation hits 11,000MW power distribution.

“On the part of government, we are trying to improve through the expansion and I said by the end of the year, we will get 7,000 megawatts.

“By the time we get that, we may get 18-hour power supply daily and by the time it is 11,000 megawatts, everybody will have sufficient power,” Daily Trust quoted Mamman as saying recently.

Weighing in on the proposed hike in electricity tariffs, the power minister said that it was in honouring agreements entered into between the Nigerian Electricity Regulatory Commission (NERC) and the distribution companies during privatisation.

“It’s no longer in the hands of government because 60 per cent is in the hands of the private sector but we regulate the sector.

We just have to ensure it is standardised like other countries. We are inviting investors to come but if we don’t do that (get real tariff), they will not come but I believe we cannot go out of the standard,” the minister said.

https://www.dailytrust.com.ng/nigerians-may-get-18-hour-power-supply-daily-soon-fg.html
where's that stupid fashola, another stupid comedian is on board. if there's a cabal, isn't the duty of the fed govt to loosen their grip on the electricity? or "cabal" is the name of a powerful country just like Boko Haram and iswap
Re: Nigerians To Get 18-Hour Electricity Supply Soon – Sale Mamman, Power Minister by Okoroawusa: 12:13am On Jan 13, 2020
luluosas:
I have been without light for 2 months now. Crazy government
check your transformer... constant light wan kill me for Egbe-Ikotun, Lagos
Re: Nigerians To Get 18-Hour Electricity Supply Soon – Sale Mamman, Power Minister by OgogoroFreak(m): 12:16am On Jan 13, 2020
In heaven?
Re: Nigerians To Get 18-Hour Electricity Supply Soon – Sale Mamman, Power Minister by middlebelter(m): 4:58am On Jan 13, 2020
The Ma man guy likes looking for trouo with his mouth and actions. I hope this is not the replacement for Audu Ogbe in GMB regime? How comes he uttered words carelessly continually? If he is not sacking a retired REA DG, he will be there telling us 110000MW will give Nigerians 18 hours daily. Is he aware of the %of Nigerian self generating power because of system failure? Does he know that S Africa whose economy is not as big as Nigeria's economy is generating our 40MW?.

Perhaps he is talking about 11000MW for Taraba state alone? GMB and appointment of wrong ministers is something else.
Re: Nigerians To Get 18-Hour Electricity Supply Soon – Sale Mamman, Power Minister by lexy2014: 4:59am On Jan 13, 2020
TheSociopath:

Local Governments and State Governments inflated the population number so that they can receive more federal allocation

When did they inflate their population numbers? Are local and state governments responsible for collating population figures?
Re: Nigerians To Get 18-Hour Electricity Supply Soon – Sale Mamman, Power Minister by lexy2014: 5:01am On Jan 13, 2020
Okoroawusa:

Power supply in Nigeria isn't constant neither is supply uniform. It has nothing to do with transformer
Re: Nigerians To Get 18-Hour Electricity Supply Soon – Sale Mamman, Power Minister by lexy2014: 5:02am On Jan 13, 2020
edoairways:

No real statistics reason been that we haven't done population census. What we have is estimates

Then how do u no that Nigeria isn't up to 180m? D estimate u referring, how do they come about it?
Re: Nigerians To Get 18-Hour Electricity Supply Soon – Sale Mamman, Power Minister by Spain007(m): 6:10am On Jan 13, 2020
Citizenshelm:
The Minister of Power, Engr. Sale Mamman has assured Nigerians of 18-hour electricity supply daily once the country hits 7,000 megawatts power generation and distribution.

Mamman stated that the country would hit 7,000MW power generation target by the end of 2020.

However, he explained that sufficient electricity for everyone could be elusive until the nation hits 11,000MW power distribution.

“On the part of government, we are trying to improve through the expansion and I said by the end of the year, we will get 7,000 megawatts.

“By the time we get that, we may get 18-hour power supply daily and by the time it is 11,000 megawatts, everybody will have sufficient power,” Daily Trust quoted Mamman as saying recently.

Weighing in on the proposed hike in electricity tariffs, the power minister said that it was in honouring agreements entered into between the Nigerian Electricity Regulatory Commission (NERC) and the distribution companies during privatisation.

“It’s no longer in the hands of government because 60 per cent is in the hands of the private sector but we regulate the sector.

We just have to ensure it is standardised like other countries. We are inviting investors to come but if we don’t do that (get real tariff), they will not come but I believe we cannot go out of the standard,” the minister said.

https://www.dailytrust.com.ng/nigerians-may-get-18-hour-power-supply-daily-soon-fg.html

Last night heat no b here oh....pls make una hurry up.
Re: Nigerians To Get 18-Hour Electricity Supply Soon – Sale Mamman, Power Minister by echelons(m): 6:38am On Jan 13, 2020
seborrhic:
If 11,000MW will guarantee 180million Nigerians and industries 24hr power supply,then Nigeria is in deep state of underdevelopment and economic stagnation.
Even if it's just to power households alone,11,000MW being sufficient for 180m people on even a 6hour basis talkless of 24hrs power need,means we have been deceiving ourselves as a country and are still basically in the economic and Nation state of the western world of the early 1930's.

11,000MW of electricity may be too small for the size of Nigeria but we shouldn't forget the ~180M Nigerians do not stay alone, but in groups as families.

We probably may not even have up to 20M individual homes.
Re: Nigerians To Get 18-Hour Electricity Supply Soon – Sale Mamman, Power Minister by ibechris(m): 6:52am On Jan 13, 2020
He might be right,this is only Minister who could confront the cabal unlike Fashola who was just afraid to sack them.
Re: Nigerians To Get 18-Hour Electricity Supply Soon – Sale Mamman, Power Minister by luluosas(m): 6:59am On Jan 13, 2020
Yes, the very transformer servicing where I rented a house is faulty. BEDC forced every landlord/landlady to pay N2500 each for the repairs, which they have failed to effect since November 2019.
However, there's total blackout of power from the distribution station in Sapele Road on the feeder servicing our zone (Sapele Road) for the past two weeks now. In fact, government should take back the distribution of power from these kleptocracy and imbeciles called Distribution companies. I think the days of NEPA is still far better
Okoroawusa:

Re: Nigerians To Get 18-Hour Electricity Supply Soon – Sale Mamman, Power Minister by Ajibade123(m): 7:10am On Jan 13, 2020
You are all mad...we have been hearing this shit for over 5 years now
see step to move a business to a new location https://explicitsuccess.com/how-to-move-a-business-to-a-new-location/

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

APC Wins Ekiti North Senatorial Election, NNPP Candidate Releases Statement / Soldiers Dig Out Bombs Planted On The Road By Boko Haram Members (Pics) / Edo PDP Governorship Ticket: Untold Story Of How Obaseki Emerged

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.