Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,774 members, 7,817,165 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 07:34 AM

Nigerians To Get 18-Hour Electricity Supply Soon – Sale Mamman, Power Minister - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nigerians To Get 18-Hour Electricity Supply Soon – Sale Mamman, Power Minister (34146 Views)

Are You Willing To Pay N178,000 Monthly For A 24-hour Electricity Supply? / Buhari: Why I Sacked Nanono, Sale Mamman & Reshuffled My Cabinet / Nigerians Mock James Momoh Over 'Dream About 24-Hour Electricity In Nigeria' (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerians To Get 18-Hour Electricity Supply Soon – Sale Mamman, Power Minister by DarkJeddi(m): 6:07pm On Jan 12, 2020
yemex04:
Some of us enjoy that or something very close to that on the average daily..
Indeed,you're 90% of Nigerians.. undecided

1 Like

Re: Nigerians To Get 18-Hour Electricity Supply Soon – Sale Mamman, Power Minister by Nobody: 6:07pm On Jan 12, 2020
ezigr8:
Some parts of the nation are already enjoying close to that hours on a consistent daily basis particularly the north.

Nigerians let just be optimistic that in the shortest possible things will work out good.

Actually, the North has bad power supply, especially in many rural areas.

DISCOS are basically supplying well paying areas well.

1 Like

Re: Nigerians To Get 18-Hour Electricity Supply Soon – Sale Mamman, Power Minister by Gordson: 6:07pm On Jan 12, 2020
atobs4real:

What is this one saying. Based on my own side, I use elecctrity power for 20 to 18 hrs since last year june

Can you reason at all?
How many Mega watt do we generate in that will serve all.

Because you are fortunate to have 20 to 18hrs power that means it's the same every where abi.

Some places havent seen electricity for years!

Use that your big head comm'on undecided

1 Like

Re: Nigerians To Get 18-Hour Electricity Supply Soon – Sale Mamman, Power Minister by frankmoney(m): 6:08pm On Jan 12, 2020
Actually getting 23 hours of power supply where I live I'm even tired of the light . But just across my street barely gets 5 hours
Re: Nigerians To Get 18-Hour Electricity Supply Soon – Sale Mamman, Power Minister by ehirosplusbiz(m): 6:08pm On Jan 12, 2020
Sound good
Re: Nigerians To Get 18-Hour Electricity Supply Soon – Sale Mamman, Power Minister by frankmoney(m): 6:09pm On Jan 12, 2020
Gwilym:

Actually, the North has bad power supply, especially in many rural areas.

DISCOS are basically supplying well paying areas well.
this is actually true . Discos are only supplying areas that they pay money
Re: Nigerians To Get 18-Hour Electricity Supply Soon – Sale Mamman, Power Minister by Nobody: 6:10pm On Jan 12, 2020
Youthleader22:

Please kindly find something to close that your mouth there. What's we are between 3,500 -7000. What kind of useless propaganda is that?

1.Thanks for abusing me .

2.I started paying attention to power supply figures from the early 2000's. (Nigeria's power supply has been an interest of mine for a while).

3.Even then, 7000MW does not move me much...especially when Lagos needs 10000MW for 24//7 light....daily.

4.Our transmission system is not fit for purpose again. That's why we lose 2000MW on a daily basis....if not higher. It needs upgrading urgently.
Re: Nigerians To Get 18-Hour Electricity Supply Soon – Sale Mamman, Power Minister by Nobody: 6:11pm On Jan 12, 2020
Buhari regime is full of promises and they will not fulfill them.
Alhaji, we are use to your political statement. Even will have imbibe it to our lives.
I promised my gf i-phone but I didn't buy it. When she asked me, I told her that i have adopted buhari style..all promise fail
Re: Nigerians To Get 18-Hour Electricity Supply Soon – Sale Mamman, Power Minister by Nobody: 6:12pm On Jan 12, 2020
vezycash:

It's not our fault that naira is creeping on the floor like earthworm. 30k is less than $100, ordinary phone bill for those living in US, UK...

Besides, this all assumes these guys are Capable of increasing our power supply when china keeps adding at least 20GW to their grid every year.

The Chinese also earn the money they need for power by being an exporter of industrial goods and services. (something they were forced into because their population is larger than their natural resource base ...roughly speaking).

Nigeria? We sabotage our industrial effort by relying on oil, which, isn't enough for us....even if we were a nation of 10 million people.

1 Like

Re: Nigerians To Get 18-Hour Electricity Supply Soon – Sale Mamman, Power Minister by stieyven(m): 6:13pm On Jan 12, 2020
Kingpee2:
This is like saying Jesus is coming soon ..
Remember that you shall be judged by every idle word you speak. Matthew 12 :36
Re: Nigerians To Get 18-Hour Electricity Supply Soon – Sale Mamman, Power Minister by Nobody: 6:14pm On Jan 12, 2020
Gordson:

How much did you rent the one room apartment that you'll be paying 30k monthly.

How much is minimum wage.

Something is wrong with your head Sir

Thanks for insulting me again.

In response, the sad thing is, power is too too expensive.

Oil, our major earner, is not earning enough cash for us. Even if we went back to agruclture, it won't earn the cash we need. Same for mining.

So, we have to pay high bills.

Countries that have light 24/7 pay high bills (except Egypt...and even then Egypt earns 10x more than Nigeria from tourisim).

So, bills go up, or we take loans. Our budget this year isn't even large enough (and the corruption in high places makes the matter worse).
Re: Nigerians To Get 18-Hour Electricity Supply Soon – Sale Mamman, Power Minister by Fordzzy(m): 6:15pm On Jan 12, 2020
Just Negodu dis stupid man grin grin
Re: Nigerians To Get 18-Hour Electricity Supply Soon – Sale Mamman, Power Minister by Youthleader22(m): 6:16pm On Jan 12, 2020
Gwilym:

1.Thanks for abusing me .

2.I started paying attention to power supply figures from the early 2000's. (Nigeria's power supply has been an interest of mine for a while).

3.Even then, 7000MW does not move me much...especially when Lagos needs 10000MW for 24//7 light....daily.

4.Our transmission system is not fit for purpose again. That's why we lose 2000MW on a daily basis....if not higher. It needs upgrading urgently.

The truth is that this buhari government is just clueless when it comes to power supply. During Jonathan era .. different major power plants were being build a cross they country. Right now we have one Azura power plant close to me here in Benin still no light. The private sectors controlling the power are just taking Nigerians for a ride and the government is doing absolutely nothing about it because they own this distribution companies.
Re: Nigerians To Get 18-Hour Electricity Supply Soon – Sale Mamman, Power Minister by Drhighchief11: 6:17pm On Jan 12, 2020
BEDC...
Re: Nigerians To Get 18-Hour Electricity Supply Soon – Sale Mamman, Power Minister by teniolaisaiah(m): 6:18pm On Jan 12, 2020
Sit down too small���
Re: Nigerians To Get 18-Hour Electricity Supply Soon – Sale Mamman, Power Minister by akinbode1(m): 6:20pm On Jan 12, 2020
Audio Electricity grin
Re: Nigerians To Get 18-Hour Electricity Supply Soon – Sale Mamman, Power Minister by JubrinElSudan: 6:20pm On Jan 12, 2020
GamalNasser:
I trust this man more than Fashola
Don't mind the man oh, the Engr. in his name is Civil engineering not Power. He dey talk spoil

1 Like

Re: Nigerians To Get 18-Hour Electricity Supply Soon – Sale Mamman, Power Minister by ope15375(m): 6:21pm On Jan 12, 2020
What do u now mean
Kingpee2:
Re: Nigerians To Get 18-Hour Electricity Supply Soon – Sale Mamman, Power Minister by Nobody: 6:21pm On Jan 12, 2020
Citizenshelm:
The Minister of Power, Engr. Sale Mamman has assured Nigerians of 18-hour electricity supply daily once the country hits 7,000 megawatts power generation and distribution.

Mamman stated that the country would hit 7,000MW power generation target by the end of 2020.

However, he explained that sufficient electricity for everyone could be elusive until the nation hits 11,000MW power distribution.

“On the part of government, we are trying to improve through the expansion and I said by the end of the year, we will get 7,000 megawatts.

“By the time we get that, we may get 18-hour power supply daily and by the time it is 11,000 megawatts, everybody will have sufficient power,” Daily Trust quoted Mamman as saying recently.

Weighing in on the proposed hike in electricity tariffs, the power minister said that it was in honouring agreements entered into between the Nigerian Electricity Regulatory Commission (NERC) and the distribution companies during privatisation.

“It’s no longer in the hands of government because 60 per cent is in the hands of the private sector but we regulate the sector.

We just have to ensure it is standardised like other countries. We are inviting investors to come but if we don’t do that (get real tariff), they will not come but I believe we cannot go out of the standard,” the minister said.

https://www.dailytrust.com.ng/nigerians-may-get-18-hour-power-supply-daily-soon-fg.html

Idiat.
Re: Nigerians To Get 18-Hour Electricity Supply Soon – Sale Mamman, Power Minister by PrinzCarter(m): 6:21pm On Jan 12, 2020
SangoOlukosoOba:

Food is what you need now and not money.

Look for an eatery around you and ask for reminants. Tell them it's for human consumption and not let.
dry joke dry yab anyway drop your phone number let me invite u to my place I dnt believe in much words bro
Re: Nigerians To Get 18-Hour Electricity Supply Soon – Sale Mamman, Power Minister by Nobody: 6:22pm On Jan 12, 2020
Youthleader22:

The truth is that this buhari government is just clueless when it comes to power supply. During Jonathan era .. different major power plants were being build a cross they country. Right now we have one Azura power plant close to me here in Benin still no light. The private sectors controlling the power are just taking Nigerians for a ride and the government is doing absolutely nothing about it because they own this distribution companies.

Actually GEJ did build power plants...which got us up to around 7000MW...where we are now. (GEJ also did the right thing in setting up DISCOS and GENCOS....because it was becoming obvious that private sector investment was needed. Where he erred was bringing in price controls...yes, it was in the interest of poor Nigerians, but the problem is, it has in essence made it dififuclt for power companies to raise money. ).

Buhari, in fairness to him, did sign an agreement with Siemems a few months ago, that should get us to 11000MW in due course.

Even then, stable power is a long long way ahead.(Lagos, according to one online article I read in the now defunct 234next paper needs 10000MW daily alone for 24/7 light)..unless we can find hundreds of billions of dollars elsewhere to get us up to 40000MW. or more.
Re: Nigerians To Get 18-Hour Electricity Supply Soon – Sale Mamman, Power Minister by Ghostmode2two(m): 6:22pm On Jan 12, 2020
Mirage and empty promises.
Re: Nigerians To Get 18-Hour Electricity Supply Soon – Sale Mamman, Power Minister by Godmademan(m): 6:22pm On Jan 12, 2020
Anytime these people make statement like this, the exact opposite happens. They want to subtract 18 hours from the meagre 8 hours per day we are currently enduring. Na negative balance go remain . Maybe 1 hour every 2 days.
Re: Nigerians To Get 18-Hour Electricity Supply Soon – Sale Mamman, Power Minister by jendoslim(m): 6:23pm On Jan 12, 2020
Yet, Ikeja Electric refused to bring back our transformer since September 23rd, 2019, throwing three(3) streets to perpetual darkness......
#bringbackourtransformer#enoughdelaytactics

@Aganga Williams, Itaji and Alhaji Haruna streets, Ifako Ogba, Lagos.
Re: Nigerians To Get 18-Hour Electricity Supply Soon – Sale Mamman, Power Minister by zoezoelogistics(m): 6:24pm On Jan 12, 2020
Kingpee2:

Does it mean you don’t believe he is?

in case you are one of those who don’t believe in Jesus’ coming, I invite you to accept Jesus.

He loves you.
He will surely come back again.
Be ready.
Re: Nigerians To Get 18-Hour Electricity Supply Soon – Sale Mamman, Power Minister by JubrinElSudan: 6:24pm On Jan 12, 2020
Gwilym:
Frankly speaking, I don't share the Minsiter's optimisim

1.We aren't generating enough electricity. Even with the plan to get us up to 11000MW....it still isn't enough....unless they want to cut off most rural areas.

2.Nigerians are not ready to pay the kind of bills that would get us up to 18 hours of light. IMO....we should be paying as much as N30000 montly for a one room apartment. Instead, we bypass meters, we refuse to pay bills (some cities have compliance rates below 50%...ie imagine running a business where less than half your customers pay for what they purchase....you get the idea.)

3.Price controls are still in place in the power sector. Nerc controlls the prices, not the DISCOS and GENCOS. Add the fact that DISCOS AND GENCOS cannot get financing as easily as eg telecom companies , and the cash problem is there.

Infact, the power sector has a liquidity problem of N1 trillion . Maybe more.

4.Corruption still riddles the sector. A lot of corruption.
you are correct especially with no.2
Re: Nigerians To Get 18-Hour Electricity Supply Soon – Sale Mamman, Power Minister by Lenient001: 6:26pm On Jan 12, 2020
All this your words, ehn.. is under maybe. Whereas, you aren't deeply sure of what you're analyzing!
Re: Nigerians To Get 18-Hour Electricity Supply Soon – Sale Mamman, Power Minister by SocialJustice: 6:27pm On Jan 12, 2020
I wish you the best sir. Nigeria will be great.
Re: Nigerians To Get 18-Hour Electricity Supply Soon – Sale Mamman, Power Minister by Nobody: 6:27pm On Jan 12, 2020
JubrinElSudan:
you are correct especially with no.2

Thank you, though No2 makes me uncomfortable, to be honest.

Most Nigerians are poor, and can't afford that...but the sad thing is, power is expensive, and the cost of fixing it here in Nigeria is enormous. I read one estimate(not from government, from private stakeholders) four years ago that put the cost of fixing power at $900billion over 30 years. (that's spending 30 billion yearly) just to fix power.
Re: Nigerians To Get 18-Hour Electricity Supply Soon – Sale Mamman, Power Minister by DORS(m): 6:32pm On Jan 12, 2020
I enjoy 14hours already, only few days without light in a month, say 4days in all
Re: Nigerians To Get 18-Hour Electricity Supply Soon – Sale Mamman, Power Minister by Gordson: 6:32pm On Jan 12, 2020
Gwilym:

Thanks for insulting me again.

In response, the sad thing is, power is too too expensive.

Oil, our major earner, is not earning enough cash for us. Even if we went back to agruclture, it won't earn the cash we need. Same for mining.

So, we have to pay high bills.

Countries that have light 24/7 pay high bills (except Egypt...and even then Egypt earns 10x more than Nigeria from tourisim).

So, bills go up, or we take loans. Our budget this year isn't even large enough (and the corruption in high places makes the matter worse).

So low earners don't deserve to use electricity if that's the case.

The countries you mentioned, do they pay electricity bill that is more than their minimum wage for a room apartment?

Is that the only thing they'll use their pay for?

Commo'n, it's not possible.

Did other countries with stable power sold all their citizens to achieve that?

If those thieves have been doing something to improve the the power years back, we won't be in this mess.

And do you believe the nonsense coming from the minister of power?

See ehn, until Nigerians start killing those rogues called politicians, it is then they'll sit tight and do the needful.

Didnt mean to insult you, e dey pain me ni ooo
Sorry smiley

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

President Tinubu Holds First Security Meeting With Service Chiefs / Àbike Dabiri Presents Her National Honour To Bola Tinubu (Photos) / Fayose Destroys Olukere’s Billboard: Riot In Ekiti

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.