Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,148 members, 7,811,268 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 07:52 AM

Nigerians To Get 18-Hour Electricity Supply Soon – Sale Mamman, Power Minister - Politics (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nigerians To Get 18-Hour Electricity Supply Soon – Sale Mamman, Power Minister (34117 Views)

Are You Willing To Pay N178,000 Monthly For A 24-hour Electricity Supply? / Buhari: Why I Sacked Nanono, Sale Mamman & Reshuffled My Cabinet / Nigerians Mock James Momoh Over 'Dream About 24-Hour Electricity In Nigeria' (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerians To Get 18-Hour Electricity Supply Soon – Sale Mamman, Power Minister by seborrhic: 7:28am On Jan 13, 2020
echelons:

11,000MW of electricity may be too small for the size of Nigeria but we shouldn't forget the ~180M Nigerians do not stay alone, but in groups as families.

We probably may not even have up to 20M individual homes.
This your line of reasoning is honestly shameful.
Do the 280m Americans with more than 1GW of electricity live singly?
Or the 50m South Africans with 50,000MW stay singly?
This is the typical mindset of the Nigerian with an inferiority and ill-informed mindset

2 Likes

Re: Nigerians To Get 18-Hour Electricity Supply Soon – Sale Mamman, Power Minister by IMASTEX: 7:34am On Jan 13, 2020
We are not interested in that, we only need 30 minutes in my area.

1 Like

Re: Nigerians To Get 18-Hour Electricity Supply Soon – Sale Mamman, Power Minister by AJohnnasa(m): 7:43am On Jan 13, 2020
ngwababe:
Ajohnnasa grin

The more you hope, the less you get.

1 Like

Re: Nigerians To Get 18-Hour Electricity Supply Soon – Sale Mamman, Power Minister by edoairways: 8:09am On Jan 13, 2020
lexy2014:

Then how do u no that Nigeria isn't up to 180m? D estimate u referring, how do they come about it?
They haven't stated where they got those figures from. There was no head count to know the number of persons living in Nigeria.

1 Like

Re: Nigerians To Get 18-Hour Electricity Supply Soon – Sale Mamman, Power Minister by lexy2014: 8:14am On Jan 13, 2020
edoairways:

They haven't stated where they got those figures from. There was no head count to know the number of persons living in Nigeria.

So u don't even no how population estimates are derived and u are contesting 180m population figure?

1 Like

Re: Nigerians To Get 18-Hour Electricity Supply Soon – Sale Mamman, Power Minister by Trybes(m): 8:34am On Jan 13, 2020
Very useless news. We don't want any promises about light rather we want to see it happened.
Let's see the 18 hours light first before giving the info oga.

2 Likes

Re: Nigerians To Get 18-Hour Electricity Supply Soon – Sale Mamman, Power Minister by yemex04(m): 8:58am On Jan 13, 2020
vichaz10:

Somewhere in ota ni oo.... Cos at my own side in ota it's always like we paid for midnight plan..

I reside around the Bells area in ota.

1 Like

Re: Nigerians To Get 18-Hour Electricity Supply Soon – Sale Mamman, Power Minister by edoairways: 9:20am On Jan 13, 2020
lexy2014:

So u don't even no how population estimates are derived and u are contesting 180m population figure?
Actual census is valid any other may not be because we don't have good database

1 Like

Re: Nigerians To Get 18-Hour Electricity Supply Soon – Sale Mamman, Power Minister by edoairways: 9:24am On Jan 13, 2020
lexy2014:

Am doubting their estimates however we don't have good database. It is advisable we do head count which is more realistic

1 Like

Re: Nigerians To Get 18-Hour Electricity Supply Soon – Sale Mamman, Power Minister by lexy2014: 9:56am On Jan 13, 2020
edoairways:

Am doubting their estimates however we don't have good database. It is advisable we do head count which is more realistic

What has database got to do with getting population estimates? How are population estimates derived in d first place?

1 Like

Re: Nigerians To Get 18-Hour Electricity Supply Soon – Sale Mamman, Power Minister by lexy2014: 9:57am On Jan 13, 2020
edoairways:

Actual census is valid any other may not be because we don't have good database

What has database got to do with census?

1 Like

Re: Nigerians To Get 18-Hour Electricity Supply Soon – Sale Mamman, Power Minister by Back2Daura(m): 10:02am On Jan 13, 2020
Citizenshelm:
The Minister of Power, Engr. Sale Mamman has assured Nigerians of 18-hour electricity supply daily once the country hits 7,000 megawatts power generation and distribution.

Mamman stated that the country would hit 7,000MW power generation target by the end of 2020.

However, he explained that sufficient electricity for everyone could be elusive until the nation hits 11,000MW power distribution.

“On the part of government, we are trying to improve through the expansion and I said by the end of the year, we will get 7,000 megawatts.

“By the time we get that, we may get 18-hour power supply daily and by the time it is 11,000 megawatts, everybody will have sufficient power,” Daily Trust quoted Mamman as saying recently.

Weighing in on the proposed hike in electricity tariffs, the power minister said that it was in honouring agreements entered into between the Nigerian Electricity Regulatory Commission (NERC) and the distribution companies during privatisation.

“It’s no longer in the hands of government because 60 per cent is in the hands of the private sector but we regulate the sector.

We just have to ensure it is standardised like other countries. We are inviting investors to come but if we don’t do that (get real tariff), they will not come but I believe we cannot go out of the standard,” the minister said.

https://www.dailytrust.com.ng/nigerians-may-get-18-hour-power-supply-daily-soon-fg.html

Let the govt work with dangote for power supply

1 Like

Re: Nigerians To Get 18-Hour Electricity Supply Soon – Sale Mamman, Power Minister by echelons(m): 10:20am On Jan 13, 2020
seborrhic:

This your line of reasoning is honestly shameful.
Do the 280m Americans with more than 1GW of electricity live singly?
Or the 50m South Africans with 50,000MW stay singly?
This is the typical mindset of the Nigerian with an inferiority and ill-informed mindset

You probably should start reading to understand, rather than insult. This should be your resolution for 2020.

First, I mentioned that 7000MW may be insufficient for Nigeria as it is. Even the minister alluded that 7000MW will only guarantee average of 18hours light per day.

I only pointed out that we don't have 180M homes that use electricity individually, but 180M individuals, among whom are children.

Currently, Nigerians enjoy an average of 7 hrs per day, at about 3000mw of electricity. And this is the simple calculation that was done to arrive at 7000MW for 18 hours.

Do we really have need for 1GW of electricity or you just want to bandy figures around? Who and who will offtake the excess MW that was produced?

I don't have time for your petty insults, but try to work on your understanding.

2 Likes

Re: Nigerians To Get 18-Hour Electricity Supply Soon – Sale Mamman, Power Minister by thundafire: 12:10pm On Jan 13, 2020
How can 11000 megawatts provide 200milion people steady power not looking at big industries and small scale ones Germany have a far less population yet have close to 80000 megawatts USA has 60-70000 megawatts then u talk boldly of 11000 megawatts to provide electricity then u are mad Minister,while total generating capacity of US is about 2million,China 7million in capacity

1 Like

Re: Nigerians To Get 18-Hour Electricity Supply Soon – Sale Mamman, Power Minister by kokomilala(m): 3:02pm On Jan 13, 2020
Always tethering at edge ,at the cusp of great things.But never getting the substance or the feel of it.
It's a mountain to climb for Nigeria to enjoy sustainable power.I said it here some years back that Nigeria needs about 300 billion USD to fix the power sector. Government doesn't have the money- not by a long shot.It's left for the government to woo investors with eye-watering incentives like tax holidays and waivers, and then regulate obliquely.

1 Like

Re: Nigerians To Get 18-Hour Electricity Supply Soon – Sale Mamman, Power Minister by samteebiz3: 6:46pm On Jan 13, 2020
As if that one na achievement! Shame on them! 18 hours my foot (spits)! No be better countries dey supply power without any interruption! Na to dey make mouth dem sabi!

1 Like

Re: Nigerians To Get 18-Hour Electricity Supply Soon – Sale Mamman, Power Minister by edoairways: 7:58pm On Jan 13, 2020
lexy2014:

What has database got to do with census?
Alot. When we have the database of people living in Nigeria then the government may or may not need census since the database are updated.

1 Like

Re: Nigerians To Get 18-Hour Electricity Supply Soon – Sale Mamman, Power Minister by lexy2014: 8:14pm On Jan 13, 2020
edoairways:

Alot. When we have the database of people living in Nigeria then the government may or may not need census since the database are updated.

U are saying "may or may not need census" shows that u aren't even sure of what u saying. And for u to say that database can replace census also shows that u don't know what census means

1 Like

Re: Nigerians To Get 18-Hour Electricity Supply Soon – Sale Mamman, Power Minister by edoairways: 8:18pm On Jan 13, 2020
lexy2014:

U are saying "may or may not need census" shows that u aren't even sure of what u saying. And for u to say that database can replace census also shows that u don't know what census means
So what you mean by census since you know?
Are human being estimated?

1 Like

Re: Nigerians To Get 18-Hour Electricity Supply Soon – Sale Mamman, Power Minister by lexy2014: 8:38pm On Jan 13, 2020
edoairways:

So what you mean by census since you know?
Are human being estimated?

I no what census is but first U are all over d place and u don't even seem to know what u are saying. Theres no coherence or sequence in ur argument. At first u condemned d 180m population estimate of Nigeria and said that d estimate is wrong. Uptill now, u haven't been able to tell me how population estimates are arrived at despite my asking u. Now u are asking me "are human being estimated"? If human beings aren't estimated, then what have u been arguing about?

1 Like

Re: Nigerians To Get 18-Hour Electricity Supply Soon – Sale Mamman, Power Minister by edoairways: 8:53pm On Jan 13, 2020
lexy2014:

I no what census is but first U are all over d place and u don't even seem to know what u are saying. Theres no coherence or sequence in ur argument. At first u condemned d 180m population estimate of Nigeria and said that d estimate is wrong. Uptill now, u haven't been able to tell me how population estimates are arrived at despite my asking u. Now u are asking me "are human being estimated"? If human beings aren't estimated, then what have u been arguing about?
Mr man since you know why not tell me?

1 Like

Re: Nigerians To Get 18-Hour Electricity Supply Soon – Sale Mamman, Power Minister by lexy2014: 9:00pm On Jan 13, 2020
edoairways:

Mr man since you know why not tell me?

Like I said I do and I will but I just had to point it out that u are arguing aimlessly. But at d same time, this isnt a lecture but a discussion if u are willing to participate. First, a census is simply a head count of people within a geographic region and taking note of d demographics therein. Pls, how does having a database replace census?

1 Like

Re: Nigerians To Get 18-Hour Electricity Supply Soon – Sale Mamman, Power Minister by edoairways: 9:05pm On Jan 13, 2020
lexy2014:

Like I said I do and I will but I just had to point it out that u are arguing aimlessly. But at d same time, this isnt a lecture but a discussion if u are willing to participate. First, a census is simply a head count of people within a geographic region and taking note of d demographics therein. Pls, how does having a database replace census?
I never said census replaced database, I only said that we don't have good database. The population figures are estimates which can not be relied on because you don't estimate human being. Any teach because I love constructive criticism. I learn from it

1 Like

Re: Nigerians To Get 18-Hour Electricity Supply Soon – Sale Mamman, Power Minister by lexy2014: 9:13pm On Jan 13, 2020
edoairways:

I never said census replaced database, I only said that we don't have good database. The population figures are estimates which can not be relied on because you don't estimate human being. Any teach because I love constructive criticism. I learn from it

But this is u saying that with d availability of database, there's no need for census.

edoairways:

edoairways:

I only said that we don't have good database. The population figures are estimates which can not be relied on because you don't estimate human being.

So far, u still haven't been able to tell me how a good database is relevant to d issue of census. What do u mean by "they don't estimate human being"?

1 Like

Re: Nigerians To Get 18-Hour Electricity Supply Soon – Sale Mamman, Power Minister by edoairways: 9:15pm On Jan 13, 2020
lexy2014:

But this is u saying that with d availability of database, there's no need for census.

So far, u still haven't been able to tell me how a good database is relevant to d issue of census. What do u mean by "they don't estimate human being"?
Did you read the sentence at all? " may or may not"

1 Like

Re: Nigerians To Get 18-Hour Electricity Supply Soon – Sale Mamman, Power Minister by lexy2014: 9:19pm On Jan 13, 2020
edoairways:

Did you read the sentence at all? " may or may not"

That is y I told u earlier that u are arguing aimlessly and that u don't even no what u are saying.

Let's take ur sentence:

"When we have the database of people living in Nigeria then the government may or may not need census since the database are updated."

Pls explain what u were trying to say.

Also, u still haven't been able to tell me how a good database is relevant to d issue of census. What do u mean by "they don't estimate human being"?

1 Like

Re: Nigerians To Get 18-Hour Electricity Supply Soon – Sale Mamman, Power Minister by edoairways: 9:22pm On Jan 13, 2020
lexy2014:

That is y I told u earlier that u are arguing aimlessly and that u don't even no what u are saying.

Let's take ur sentence:

"When we have the database of people living in Nigeria then the government may or may not need census since the database are updated."

Pls explain what u were trying to say.

Also, u still haven't been able to tell me how a good database is relevant to d issue of census. What do u mean by "they don't estimate human being"?
I decided to leave you to answer since you know it all

1 Like

Re: Nigerians To Get 18-Hour Electricity Supply Soon – Sale Mamman, Power Minister by lexy2014: 9:49pm On Jan 13, 2020
edoairways:

I decided to leave you to answer since you know it all

It's not about knowing it all or not knowing it all. U are only a victim of your own words. If u feel u don't no, then what point were u trying to prove? And if u had a point to prove, then answering d questions I asked shouldn't be a problem 4u.

1 Like

Re: Nigerians To Get 18-Hour Electricity Supply Soon – Sale Mamman, Power Minister by edoairways: 10:54pm On Jan 13, 2020
lexy2014:

It's not about knowing it all or not knowing it all. U are only a victim of your own words. If u feel u don't no, then what point were u trying to prove? And if u had a point to prove, then answering d questions I asked shouldn't be a problem 4u.
I allowed you to lecture me is anything wrong in that? Teach me what you know

1 Like

Re: Nigerians To Get 18-Hour Electricity Supply Soon – Sale Mamman, Power Minister by edoairways: 11:18pm On Jan 13, 2020
lexy2014:

I said you should teach me is anything wrong with it

1 Like

Re: Nigerians To Get 18-Hour Electricity Supply Soon – Sale Mamman, Power Minister by lexy2014: 12:20am On Jan 14, 2020
edoairways:

I said you should teach me is anything wrong with it

This why i said that u are a victim of your words. Can u pls show me in my post were I said ur request to be taught is wrong.

1 Like

Re: Nigerians To Get 18-Hour Electricity Supply Soon – Sale Mamman, Power Minister by lexy2014: 12:24am On Jan 14, 2020
edoairways:

I allowed you to lecture me is anything wrong in that? Teach me what you know

Pls read this again:

lexy2014:

But at d same time, this isnt a lecture but a discussion if u are willing to participate.

So far, u have refused to participate in d discussion because u have been defensive at simple questions thrown your way. Begin by answering those questions, then we will move on from there

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Names Of The Supreme Court Justices That Struck Out Wike's Appeal / Atiku Arrived Kebbi To Flag Off PDP Presidential Campaign - Photos / Tunji-Ojo Commissions Operational Vehicles For Immigration For Border Patrol

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.