Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,297 members, 7,815,522 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 01:52 PM

Paying January Salary To Pastors By Fr Kelvin Ugwu - Religion (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Paying January Salary To Pastors By Fr Kelvin Ugwu (34728 Views)

Daddy Freeze & Rev Fr Kelvin Ugwu Clash Over Easter Teaching / Daddy Freeze: Before You Give A Pastor Your January Salary, Think About This / Omotola Jalade-Ekeinde Reacts To Daddy Freeze "Giving Pastors January Salary" (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Paying January Salary To Pastors By Fr Kelvin Ugwu by adenigga(m): 11:22am On Jan 12, 2020
sotall:

Do not type in capital letters to give an opinion

It simply means you are shouting

On another note , you are guilty of nairaland rule 11

You're on point!

God bless you!!!
Re: Paying January Salary To Pastors By Fr Kelvin Ugwu by TrendyP(m): 11:29am On Jan 12, 2020
Qqqqq01,qq,qqqq001,,,,,,,,,1,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,
Re: Paying January Salary To Pastors By Fr Kelvin Ugwu by desiredhome: 11:33am On Jan 12, 2020
loswhite:
You did not counter any of his point? Who is the church? Why are you pretending like you don't know the offering money are paid into pastors account...lol even if they call it church account it is still the pastor and one puppet that is signatory to the account
He is one of them scammers,

1 Like

Re: Paying January Salary To Pastors By Fr Kelvin Ugwu by SoulB6: 11:34am On Jan 12, 2020
shocked shocked winknot surprised
Re: Paying January Salary To Pastors By Fr Kelvin Ugwu by Angelfrost(m): 11:35am On Jan 12, 2020
This is easily the best religious write up I have read in years.... This should be printed, shared, and spread to all crannies of this nation and continent, cos it seems Africans will not stop being stupid.

9 Likes

Re: Paying January Salary To Pastors By Fr Kelvin Ugwu by Demaduka(m): 11:37am On Jan 12, 2020
PaChukwudi44:

He is a scholar of the scriptures and is telling you that according to the scriptures it is wrong. God will surely visit punishment upon wicked pastors who preach such vile doctrines

Please differentiate between giving your salary to God (church) and giving it to a pastor. Please what is wrong for you may not be wrong for me in this situation. You may not be having not up to ten thousand in your account and i may be having some hundred of thousands in my account. in this context, it is wrong for you to give pastor your salary but to me, giving a pastor my salary is never wrong for me

1 Like

Re: Paying January Salary To Pastors By Fr Kelvin Ugwu by Jamesilvar(m): 11:37am On Jan 12, 2020
This Fr. Has really spoken like someone who spent 15yrs studying.
Not someone who went to one bible school for at most 3yrs coming to look for gullible people.

Some useless people will come and be pricing hospital bill that they have just paid their first fruit. You can willingly give one pastor a whole month salary, but pay me to save a life you want to bargain.
Na God go punish these fake pastors and ministers plus the gullible people who would not seek enlightenment.

3 Likes

Re: Paying January Salary To Pastors By Fr Kelvin Ugwu by emonis88: 11:38am On Jan 12, 2020
9jayes:
First salary should be for the pastor na. He prays for you for the whole year, he deserves your January salary. First seed
Pastor spotted.
Re: Paying January Salary To Pastors By Fr Kelvin Ugwu by okwusdidi: 11:38am On Jan 12, 2020
quote author=MrFly post=85726757]this is why i love orthodox churches. Their pastors have less interest in the root of all evils. Welldone Father for clarifications[/quote]
That priest Father Ugwu may God bless him has more to gain from preaching about first fruit but he prefers to do what is right by saying the truth.He prefers to do what is right than aquire great wealth.

2 Likes

Re: Paying January Salary To Pastors By Fr Kelvin Ugwu by hollah123: 11:39am On Jan 12, 2020
Islie:

First fruits was never the whole month pay.... But the "wolves in sheep clothing" turn it into that....

First fruit is the first money you make the first day as you're entering the new year..
where can we find that in the Bible cos lately what baffles me about d way Nigerians practice Christianity is that they don't read the Bible but quote whatever their scammer pastors told them the other day I was having a discussion with a so called Christian n throughout d discussion he didn't quite just a verse in d Bible all he kept saying was what his pastor told him. The question I have for u is "Jesus died for us n after that he said old things have passed away n the New Testament was introduced, then the new generation pastors went back to the Old Testament n brought only money. If your pastor is collecting any kobo from u n he doesn't kill ram ti cleanse your sin then he's scamming u, if u pastor is collecting any kobo from u n u are still praying directly to God then he's scamming u because since he wants to follow Old Testament he should have d secret place where he will take people's prayer point n a chained will b tied to his waist in case he dies there. y did Nigerian pastors take money n not other doctrine from Old Testament? I pray u all see d light n escape Stockholm syndrome

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Paying January Salary To Pastors By Fr Kelvin Ugwu by Angelfrost(m): 11:40am On Jan 12, 2020
Demaduka:

Fr Kelvin Ugwu MSP,
YOU ARE TOTALLY WRONG OR MISCONCIEVED . PAYING MONEY TO A CHURCH IS QUITE DIFFERENT FROM PAYING MONEY TO A PASTOR. IT IS WRONG TO SAY THAT THE MONEY YOU PAID IN THE CHURCH IS MONEY YOU PAID TO THE PASTOR. BY WHAT YOU ARE SAYING, IF YOU ARE A REAL FR. AS YOUR NAME SUGGEST, IT SEEMS THAT YOU USED TO CARRY THE OFFERING GIVENG IN YOUR CHURCH SAYING THAT IT IS MONEY MEMBERS GAVE TO YOU. IS IT RIGHT OR WRONG?

IF ON THE OTHER HANDS AN INDIVIDUAL DECIDES TO PACKAGE HIS OR HER JANUARY SALARY FOR A PASTOR, WHO ARE YOU TO DECIDE IF IT IS RIGHT OR WRONG?

You are not only wrong, but equally typing rubbish (I say this with all due respect)!!!

When you lack superior facts to counter a submission, it is usually prudent to keep quiet...

3 Likes

Re: Paying January Salary To Pastors By Fr Kelvin Ugwu by Royalbloodline: 11:43am On Jan 12, 2020
Demaduka:

Fr Kelvin Ugwu MSP,
YOU ARE TOTALLY WRONG OR MISCONCIEVED . PAYING MONEY TO A CHURCH IS QUITE DIFFERENT FROM PAYING MONEY TO A PASTOR. IT IS WRONG TO SAY THAT THE MONEY YOU PAID IN THE CHURCH IS MONEY YOU PAID TO THE PASTOR. BY WHAT YOU ARE SAYING, IF YOU ARE A REAL FR. AS YOUR NAME SUGGEST, IT SEEMS THAT YOU USED TO CARRY THE OFFERING GIVENG IN YOUR CHURCH SAYING THAT IT IS MONEY MEMBERS GAVE TO YOU. IS IT RIGHT OR WRONG?

IF ON THE OTHER HANDS AN INDIVIDUAL DECIDES TO PACKAGE HIS OR HER JANUARY SALARY FOR A PASTOR, WHO ARE YOU TO DECIDE IF IT IS RIGHT OR WRONG?

Oga go and sit down! Who is he to decide whether it is right or wrong abi? Am sure u are among those feeding fat on the gullibility of brainwashed Christians. Continue

3 Likes

Re: Paying January Salary To Pastors By Fr Kelvin Ugwu by triplechoice(m): 11:44am On Jan 12, 2020
Demaduka:

Fr Kelvin Ugwu MSP,

Just look at how confused you are.

1 Like

Re: Paying January Salary To Pastors By Fr Kelvin Ugwu by Petacephas: 11:44am On Jan 12, 2020
You have said it all Fr but the foolish ones will come defending evil. Just leave it where you stopped, those who have sense will use it.

1 Like

Re: Paying January Salary To Pastors By Fr Kelvin Ugwu by grandstar(m): 11:44am On Jan 12, 2020
Antoeni:
*America has the biggest economy on earth not the biggest Church
*Germany has the biggest economy in Europe not the biggest church
*America has the biggest factory on earth not the biggest church
*Rwanda has the cleanest city on earth not the biggest church
*China has the highest number of Billionaire not the biggest church
*China has the biggest airport in the world not the biggest church
*Dubai has the tallest building and the largest man Island in the world not the biggest church
*Of the most visited Tourist site on earth none is in Nigeria, not even the biggest church in Abuja attracts tourists. They are not interested of course.
*Nigeria has the biggest church in the world;
It has the most corrupt politicians
It has the the highest number of churches and Pastors, It has the most unimaginable citizens, it has the most divided ethnic groups, the most prayerful people and yet the most inconsiderate at the same time.
*Nigeria is home to the biggest church, the world's poorest citizens and yet 8 out of 20 wealthiest Pastors on earth are from this annexed contraption called Nigeria.

Is anyone still wondering why we are as backward as a people more than ever before, then ask yourself why these countries with the biggest stuff don't have the biggest church.

I stop here, so that i could let you use your natural App inside your cranium called brain for a moment to think about this.

The message you sending is on point though there were statistical mistakes but it does not change its message. Kudos.

What I find strange in your writeup is the picture you chose to use. The picture is a reference to Jesus when he mentioned "the blind following the blind". Do you now believe in the Bible?
Re: Paying January Salary To Pastors By Fr Kelvin Ugwu by Mummyimbecile(m): 11:46am On Jan 12, 2020
Take that january salary to the hospital,you will see one or two person you will help with it,some need urgent blood transfussion,but no money to buy blood,some are ok,just need someone to settle their hospital bills so they can go home,that your salary can do it....am not saying paying tithe and offering is bad,All am saying is just dont be Stupid,God will bless you more when you do the former

5 Likes

Re: Paying January Salary To Pastors By Fr Kelvin Ugwu by Nobody: 11:47am On Jan 12, 2020
Demaduka:

Fr Kelvin Ugwu MSP,

The money paid to pastors is what they use in buying private jets and luxurious cars. In pentecostal churches, the money brought in dere belongs solely to the pastor

1 Like

Re: Paying January Salary To Pastors By Fr Kelvin Ugwu by Nobody: 11:50am On Jan 12, 2020
mrZENographer:
You also say the same for Tithe/Offering.
Any Christina who agrees with you needs strong rehabilitation

Tithe is for widows, orphans, fatherless, motherless, foreigners who have no land, poor people, etc.. that's what the bible said.
Re: Paying January Salary To Pastors By Fr Kelvin Ugwu by hollah123: 11:50am On Jan 12, 2020
Demaduka:

Please differentiate between giving your salary to God (church) and giving it to a pastor. Please what is wrong for you may not be wrong for me in this situation. You may not be having not up to ten thousand in your account and i may be having some hundred of thousands in my account. in this context, it is wrong for you to give pastor your salary but to me, giving a pastor my salary is never wrong for me
bro can u please give me God's account number so I can pay to it directly instead of going through any pastor? so at d end of everything who owns all d money paid to d church? for private owned churches whos name does d church property bears? Despite d fact that u were quoted by different people n they took their time to enlighten u, u are still wallowing in abject stupidity. It's either u are a pastor or u are just naturally dumb

5 Likes

Re: Paying January Salary To Pastors By Fr Kelvin Ugwu by Royalbloodline: 11:51am On Jan 12, 2020
What vexes me most is the selective singling out of Old Testament dortrines and laws that positively suits their live style, and backing it up aggressively whereby completely abhoring others such as "AN EYE FOR AN EYE" and the likes.

Who is deceiving who?

3 Likes

Re: Paying January Salary To Pastors By Fr Kelvin Ugwu by Nobody: 11:51am On Jan 12, 2020
MajorWarren:
Personally speaking, unless during the course of my job seeking I prayed to God that if I get a job I’d give the first month salary to the church (not Pastor).
Otherwise that money is better off serving the needy than an already enriched pastor.

In Pentecostal churches, any money u bring in belongs to the pastor... cheesy
Re: Paying January Salary To Pastors By Fr Kelvin Ugwu by Nobody: 11:53am On Jan 12, 2020
topshotnista:
Just do as the spirit leads... No law forcing you to do it.

It is bloody wrong, the bible confirms that.

There's nothing like as the spirit leads.
Re: Paying January Salary To Pastors By Fr Kelvin Ugwu by Angelfrost(m): 11:53am On Jan 12, 2020
Islie:

Your first fruits isn't the whole January salary but just 1 day pay of your January earning.

No one is to force or instill fear on the congregation to pay such..... Its a free willing giving

You are either deliberately being coy, or actually ignorant of the happenings in our the religious sphere of this nation. grin

1 Like

Re: Paying January Salary To Pastors By Fr Kelvin Ugwu by pacino26(m): 11:53am On Jan 12, 2020
How can you use the Gregorian calendar to observe instructions made using a different calendar altogether?

I can't debate now sef, I just de travel.

1 Like

Re: Paying January Salary To Pastors By Fr Kelvin Ugwu by Nobody: 11:54am On Jan 12, 2020
9jayes:
First salary should be for the pastor na. He prays for you for the whole year, he deserves your January salary. First seed

January salary is not first seed. Read ur bible.
Re: Paying January Salary To Pastors By Fr Kelvin Ugwu by Kennitrust(m): 11:57am On Jan 12, 2020
Someone speak exactly my mindset.

I thought I was the only one with this mindset.
Re: Paying January Salary To Pastors By Fr Kelvin Ugwu by IamHonourable1: 11:57am On Jan 12, 2020
Another religious scammer in disguise sighted quote author=Demaduka post=85720339]

Fr Kelvin Ugwu MSP,

[/quote]
Re: Paying January Salary To Pastors By Fr Kelvin Ugwu by Demaduka(m): 11:57am On Jan 12, 2020
Zico5:

Looking at ur scripted writing made me believe u are one of the people we are talking about. They have turned the Bible upside down. If u can't pick meaning from the man of God above then there is problem. Giving tithes is quite different from the first fruits. No one can compel me to give my whole salary as first fruit. But because of fear, people have mistaken the right thing and replace it with wrong. I pray God touch the soul of every believer to know what's right for them

That is your opinion .
Re: Paying January Salary To Pastors By Fr Kelvin Ugwu by Pinkyposh(f): 11:59am On Jan 12, 2020
Demaduka:

Fr Kelvin Ugwu MSP,

You have a low IQ and shallow understanding of the scriptures
Re: Paying January Salary To Pastors By Fr Kelvin Ugwu by Angelfrost(m): 12:00pm On Jan 12, 2020
Demaduka:

Sigh... The trash one reads on social media these days... Just negodu!!! undecided

1 Like

Re: Paying January Salary To Pastors By Fr Kelvin Ugwu by Demaduka(m): 12:01pm On Jan 12, 2020
PrecisionFx:

The money paid to pastors is what they use in buying private jets and luxurious cars. In pentecostal churches, the money brought in dere belongs solely to the pastor

Please is pastors buying private jet the cause of your frustration?
Re: Paying January Salary To Pastors By Fr Kelvin Ugwu by Nobody: 12:02pm On Jan 12, 2020
Demaduka:

Please is pastors buying private jet the cause of your frustration?

Stop being intentionally daft and reply the point i made. If u can't read, understand and reply it, then focus ur pastoral defense elsehwere5 cheesy cheesy

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Is Frosbel Now An Atheist ? / Unforgiveness: One Subtle Sin That Would Take Many Christians To Hell / 6 Bad Habits Christians Have To Drop With Immediate Effect

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.