Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,300 members, 7,815,538 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 02:09 PM

Paying January Salary To Pastors By Fr Kelvin Ugwu - Religion (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Paying January Salary To Pastors By Fr Kelvin Ugwu (34729 Views)

Daddy Freeze & Rev Fr Kelvin Ugwu Clash Over Easter Teaching / Daddy Freeze: Before You Give A Pastor Your January Salary, Think About This / Omotola Jalade-Ekeinde Reacts To Daddy Freeze "Giving Pastors January Salary" (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Paying January Salary To Pastors By Fr Kelvin Ugwu by patani(m): 3:34pm On Jan 12, 2020
Angelawhite:
When I received my first salary, The first person I remembered was my Dad (mum is late) I remembered his sacrifices and sufferings he went through training me. I remembered his prayers each time he calls for me to get a job. I remembered how he sent me links to job adverts. My dad is like my god, a role model and I love him unconditionally.

Where was my pastor when I needed to pay my school fees ? Where was he when I rode okada to survive the hunger in school? When I dug building foundations and mixed concretes to buy textbooks? Where was he when I needed help the most ?

It’ll be foolishness on my part to ignore the very man who stood by me right from my birth and give a stranger my “first fruit”

When I got my first salary, I immediately sent my dad 10% of my salary, settled all my debts, and from the rest, I gave alms to the beggars. That is the order every sane mane should follow ! Your parents first because you owe them some debts (even though it’s not their entitlement), your creditors and beggars.

I find it more comfortable to help beggars than to help pastors

This same metality has helped me than any thite in this world.. Your parents blessing and those in need

2 Likes

Re: Paying January Salary To Pastors By Fr Kelvin Ugwu by TrumpDonald2: 3:53pm On Jan 12, 2020
Demaduka:

Fr Kelvin Ugwu MSP,
YOU ARE TOTALLY WRONG OR MISCONCIEVED . PAYING MONEY TO A CHURCH IS QUITE DIFFERENT FROM PAYING MONEY TO A PASTOR. IT IS WRONG TO SAY THAT THE MONEY YOU PAID IN THE CHURCH IS MONEY YOU PAID TO THE PASTOR. BY WHAT YOU ARE SAYING, IF YOU ARE A REAL FR. AS YOUR NAME SUGGEST, IT SEEMS THAT YOU USED TO CARRY THE OFFERING GIVENG IN YOUR CHURCH SAYING THAT IT IS MONEY MEMBERS GAVE TO YOU. IS IT RIGHT OR WRONG?

IF ON THE OTHER HANDS AN INDIVIDUAL DECIDES TO PACKAGE HIS OR HER JANUARY SALARY FOR A PASTOR, WHO ARE YOU TO DECIDE IF IT IS RIGHT OR WRONG?

Give biblical passages to support your claim. Don't attack the Man of God, he has said the truth. Your lack of knowledge is your problem.

1 Like

Re: Paying January Salary To Pastors By Fr Kelvin Ugwu by Nobody: 3:57pm On Jan 12, 2020
9jayes:
First salary should be for the pastor na. He prays for you for the whole year, he deserves your January salary. First seed

Which pastor is praying for you? Has he pray enough for himself first?

Pray for yourself, don't depend on another man to pray for you.

2 Likes

Re: Paying January Salary To Pastors By Fr Kelvin Ugwu by Dearpart1000: 4:01pm On Jan 12, 2020
[quote author=CAPSLOCKED post=85725548]

THE WORST PART IS THAT MANY PEOPLE WILL COME HERE TO DEFEND THIS ACT OF EXTORTION.

DOES THE SPIRIT EVER LEAD? HOW MANY FIRST MONEY DO YOU TAKE TO THE ORPHANAGE, PRISONS OR HOSPITAL, OR THE SPIRIT NO KNOW THE DIRECTIONS TO THOSE PLACES?

HOW IS IT NOT FORCE, WHEN YOUR PASTORS THREATEN THAT YOUR LIFE WILL BE TIGHT IF YOU DON'T TITHE, OR YOU'RE ROBBING GOD IF YOU DON'T GIVE?

KEEP DECEIVING YOURSELVES, CHRISTIANS. YOU MAY THINK YOU'RE ON YOUR WAY TO HEAVEN, WITHOUT KNOWING THAT YOU CAN'T BUY GOD'S BLESSINGS. IF YOU WANT TO DO CHARITY, HEAD TO THE RIGHT DIRECTIONS INSTEAD OF ENRICHING THESE THIEVING MEN IN SUITS YOU CALL PASTORS.

IMAGINE BILL GATES AND DANGOTE PAYING TITHE. 10% OF THEIR MONTHLY WORTH TO ONE MADMAN... IMAGINE MORE MILLIONAIRES GIVING HIM MILLIONS MONTHLY.
HE'LL END UP RICHER THAN EACH ONE OF THEM, BUY JETS AND LIVE MORE LUXURIOUS THAN EACH OF THEM... WITH MONEY HE DOESN'T WORK FOR. NONSENSE.

THE BEST QUOTES OF THE MILLENNIUM BY THIS BLESSED MAN OF GOD BELOW.

But whoso looketh into the perfect law of liberty, and continueth therein, he being not a forgetful hearer, but a doer of the work, this man shall be blessed in his deed (James 1:25) your tithe is not a criterial for blessing. Your proximity to God through his word and making every conscious effort to succeed through the works of your hand makes you rich.

1 Like

Re: Paying January Salary To Pastors By Fr Kelvin Ugwu by Amalekki: 4:17pm On Jan 12, 2020
This Fada don spoil market grin

1 Like

Re: Paying January Salary To Pastors By Fr Kelvin Ugwu by Seepayday: 4:21pm On Jan 12, 2020
Gullibility will still make some people to rather Carry there whole salary in the name of first fruit to their pastors. Because of tithes and first fruit, many young boys and girls want to be pastors. I visited a church, d number of pastors in that church is close to members of that church. Apart from those who were deacons and deaconesses.
Re: Paying January Salary To Pastors By Fr Kelvin Ugwu by kayodemark(m): 4:27pm On Jan 12, 2020
Demaduka:

Fr Kelvin Ugwu MSP,
YOU ARE TOTALLY WRONG OR MISCONCIEVED . PAYING MONEY TO A CHURCH IS QUITE DIFFERENT FROM PAYING MONEY TO A PASTOR. IT IS WRONG TO SAY THAT THE MONEY YOU PAID IN THE CHURCH IS MONEY YOU PAID TO THE PASTOR. BY WHAT YOU ARE SAYING, IF YOU ARE A REAL FR. AS YOUR NAME SUGGEST, IT SEEMS THAT YOU USED TO CARRY THE OFFERING GIVENG IN YOUR CHURCH SAYING THAT IT IS MONEY MEMBERS GAVE TO YOU. IS IT RIGHT OR WRONG?

IF ON THE OTHER HANDS AN INDIVIDUAL DECIDES TO PACKAGE HIS OR HER JANUARY SALARY FOR A PASTOR, WHO ARE YOU TO DECIDE IF IT IS RIGHT OR WRONG?

I DON'T THINK THIS DECK HEAD READ WHAT THE MAN SAID. ANYWAYS, I DON'T BLAME YOU, AS YOU ARE PART OF THE PROBLEMS WE HAVE IN CHRIATAINITY.

DON'T BOTHER QUOTING ME, BECOS I DON'T ARGUE WITH FOOLS
Re: Paying January Salary To Pastors By Fr Kelvin Ugwu by djoe21(m): 4:40pm On Jan 12, 2020
Zico5:

Looking at ur scripted writing made me believe u are one of the people we are talking about. They have turned the Bible upside down. If u can't pick meaning from the man of God above then there is problem. Giving tithes is quite different from the first fruits. No one can compel me to give my whole salary as first fruit. But because of fear, people have mistaken the right thing and replace it with wrong. I pray God touch the soul of every believer to know what's right for them

Even tithe is included. Tithing is not a christian law and shouldn't be practised by christians.
Re: Paying January Salary To Pastors By Fr Kelvin Ugwu by Irore: 4:44pm On Jan 12, 2020
femi4:
Giving without understanding

I agree with all the commentaries.
Re: Paying January Salary To Pastors By Fr Kelvin Ugwu by tityboi: 5:01pm On Jan 12, 2020
Hmmmm
Re: Paying January Salary To Pastors By Fr Kelvin Ugwu by kunlegboye(m): 5:05pm On Jan 12, 2020
Brother there are certain things that is wrong with church but we're not to judge .know this God is very generous and liberal ,he allows his rain on both the wicked and the good...Germany with the best economy in Europe that's what they want and the have it but that doesn't mean that if they forget God they will be punished in the end,they'll regret every bit of it!...We are only spending the infinitesimal part of our life here on Earth.The rest of it is spent in Heaven or Hell at starting from point of death.if you can read this,congratulations for another truth...one day you will inevitably give an account of your life here on Earth...You cant do anything about it just the way you can't do anything about death when it comes knocking...one day you'll go to place beyond learn about this Jesus that will judge you there!...He died for you so that you can be saved...don't waste His blood upon you.
Re: Paying January Salary To Pastors By Fr Kelvin Ugwu by Demaduka(m): 5:22pm On Jan 12, 2020
[quote author=joggler post=85730646][/quote]

Did you understand the context of the post at all?
Re: Paying January Salary To Pastors By Fr Kelvin Ugwu by Demaduka(m): 5:24pm On Jan 12, 2020
juman:
Pastors dey enjoy o.

Of course, including Fr. Kevin Ugwu
Re: Paying January Salary To Pastors By Fr Kelvin Ugwu by Demaduka(m): 5:27pm On Jan 12, 2020
Soso990240:
U are so gullible that its written all over you. In case you don't know, your tithe is being handled by your head Pastor.. Or who else?

Frustrated unbelievers trying to blame pastors for their frustration. I really pity you.
Re: Paying January Salary To Pastors By Fr Kelvin Ugwu by Demaduka(m): 5:31pm On Jan 12, 2020
southpole:
you said if an individual decides......but what we have today is people being force so to say to pay tithes or first fruits.

Please keep your money, don't pay anything and you still die in your poverty.
Re: Paying January Salary To Pastors By Fr Kelvin Ugwu by Nobody: 6:10pm On Jan 12, 2020
Demaduka:

Please i wish to ask you if pastors are the cause your frustration in life?
I wish to Ask you if you would like to lick my bottom?

1 Like

Re: Paying January Salary To Pastors By Fr Kelvin Ugwu by Idoko619(m): 6:32pm On Jan 12, 2020
Demaduka:

Please differentiate between giving your salary to God (church) and giving it to a pastor. Please what is wrong for you may not be wrong for me in this situation. You may not be having not up to ten thousand in your account and i may be having some hundred of thousands in my account. in this context, it is wrong for you to give pastor your salary but to me, giving a pastor my salary is never wrong for me

It's ur opinion so I will let u have it freely, but, don't u think if u take this money to pay hospital bill, orphanage etc it will be more valuable to the society, often in the Bible Jesus himself laid more emphasis to helping ur neighbors.
He would have just said, take the money to the synagogue so that the can use it in my name.
Just rethink
Re: Paying January Salary To Pastors By Fr Kelvin Ugwu by baillers123: 6:34pm On Jan 12, 2020
Demaduka:

Fr Kelvin Ugwu MSP,

example of fear fear people.. Ndi zombie
Re: Paying January Salary To Pastors By Fr Kelvin Ugwu by baillers123: 6:35pm On Jan 12, 2020
mrZENographer:
You also say the same for Tithe/Offering.
Any Christina who agrees with you needs strong rehabilitation
, learn the difference.. Conquer ur fears.. U r still in bondage
Re: Paying January Salary To Pastors By Fr Kelvin Ugwu by Idoko619(m): 6:46pm On Jan 12, 2020
seunmsg:
Most Nigerians go to church and obey the dictates of their pastors because of fear and not of faith. Once a church goer can conquer fear, that will be the beginning of his liberation from religion.

The first fear that I conquered was the fear of things becoming tight for me if I don’t pay tithe. Afterwards, it was easier to drop all other fears that had held me captive including religion.

Comment like this gives me hope cos atimes I begin to feel we are cursed as Nigerians
Re: Paying January Salary To Pastors By Fr Kelvin Ugwu by Glorylynn: 7:06pm On Jan 12, 2020
These people should not make me dislike Christianity,can they just talk about something else apart from money!!!!
Re: Paying January Salary To Pastors By Fr Kelvin Ugwu by Aladdin1(m): 7:28pm On Jan 12, 2020
Demaduka:

Fr Kelvin Ugwu MSP,

Will you shut up and stop defending evil!! it is people like you that have made the house of God to become a den of thieves.ole!! first fruit kill you there!!

1 Like

Re: Paying January Salary To Pastors By Fr Kelvin Ugwu by victorian(f): 7:53pm On Jan 12, 2020
Anyways I don't pay any first fruit nothing

And God still blesses me.

The first fruit thing is a scam.

All the lord need is your sincere worship and heart, that's all God needs and watch how He blesses in abundance without taking It back in other ways.

Worship God and Not man Pastor clothing.

1 Like

Re: Paying January Salary To Pastors By Fr Kelvin Ugwu by smileyoo: 7:58pm On Jan 12, 2020
this rev.fr, is right. its my belief that any giving out of fear or compulsion, is no more a cheerful giving, therefore not acceptable before God, because God loves a cheerful giver.
Re: Paying January Salary To Pastors By Fr Kelvin Ugwu by Aphrodietyxo(f): 8:09pm On Jan 12, 2020
Thieves
Re: Paying January Salary To Pastors By Fr Kelvin Ugwu by Mayeldah(m): 8:25pm On Jan 12, 2020
You can do so if you want, but be rest assured that GOD did not give that as a command under the new testament period of grace. I can tell you hundred percent that what you believe today is a wrong teaching. God's blessings are not for sale. You can decide to give to God but let it be out of love and not because one pastor is marking register for it or because your pastor will get angry of you don't do so.

Demaduka:

Fr Kelvin Ugwu MSP,

Re: Paying January Salary To Pastors By Fr Kelvin Ugwu by delawal: 9:41pm On Jan 12, 2020
Demaduka:

Fr Kelvin Ugwu MSP,

are u one of d yahoo yahoo men in suit?
Re: Paying January Salary To Pastors By Fr Kelvin Ugwu by delawal: 9:42pm On Jan 12, 2020
Zico5:

Looking at ur scripted writing made me believe u are one of the people we are talking about. They have turned the Bible upside down. If u can't pick meaning from the man of God above then there is problem. Giving tithes is quite different from the first fruits. No one can compel me to give my whole salary as first fruit. But because of fear, people have mistaken the right thing and replace it with wrong. I pray God touch the soul of every believer to know what's right for them
don't mind them. na dem dem

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Unforgiveness: One Subtle Sin That Would Take Many Christians To Hell / 6 Bad Habits Christians Have To Drop With Immediate Effect / Obinim Accused Of Sleeping With Pastor's Wife After He Flogged Teenagers For Sex

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 92
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.