Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,290 members, 7,815,501 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 01:31 PM

Paying January Salary To Pastors By Fr Kelvin Ugwu - Religion (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Paying January Salary To Pastors By Fr Kelvin Ugwu (34727 Views)

Daddy Freeze & Rev Fr Kelvin Ugwu Clash Over Easter Teaching / Daddy Freeze: Before You Give A Pastor Your January Salary, Think About This / Omotola Jalade-Ekeinde Reacts To Daddy Freeze "Giving Pastors January Salary" (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Paying January Salary To Pastors By Fr Kelvin Ugwu by Inhabitable1(m): 1:34pm On Jan 12, 2020
Demaduka:

Fr Kelvin Ugwu MSP,
YOU ARE TOTALLY WRONG OR MISCONCIEVED . PAYING MONEY TO A CHURCH IS QUITE DIFFERENT FROM PAYING MONEY TO A PASTOR. IT IS WRONG TO SAY THAT THE MONEY YOU PAID IN THE CHURCH IS MONEY YOU PAID TO THE PASTOR. BY WHAT YOU ARE SAYING, IF YOU ARE A REAL FR. AS YOUR NAME SUGGEST, IT SEEMS THAT YOU USED TO CARRY THE OFFERING GIVENG IN YOUR CHURCH SAYING THAT IT IS MONEY MEMBERS GAVE TO YOU. IS IT RIGHT OR WRONG?

IF ON THE OTHER HANDS AN INDIVIDUAL DECIDES TO PACKAGE HIS OR HER JANUARY SALARY FOR A PASTOR, WHO ARE YOU TO DECIDE IF IT IS RIGHT OR WRONG?

Being generous from the heart towards God's work and God's ministers is not the same as being compel to be
paying certain amount of money every month or year such that your blessings or curse is tied to it. The former
is faith, the latter is fear. Learn the difference.

Please try to read well next time, don't just read the first line..

2 Likes

Re: Paying January Salary To Pastors By Fr Kelvin Ugwu by omlueh(m): 1:35pm On Jan 12, 2020
Honestly, babanla weere ogidigan leleyi sa, said laro Ni weere Yi.
koolaid87:
Were ni Bobo yi sha

quote author=Demaduka post=85720339]

Fr Kelvin Ugwu MSP,
YOU ARE TOTALLY WRONG OR MISCONCIEVED . PAYING MONEY TO A CHURCH IS QUITE DIFFERENT FROM PAYING MONEY TO A PASTOR. IT IS WRONG TO SAY THAT THE MONEY YOU PAID IN THE CHURCH IS MONEY YOU PAID TO THE PASTOR. BY WHAT YOU ARE SAYING, IF YOU ARE A REAL FR. AS YOUR NAME SUGGEST, IT SEEMS THAT YOU USED TO CARRY THE OFFERING GIVENG IN YOUR CHURCH SAYING THAT IT IS MONEY MEMBERS GAVE TO YOU. IS IT RIGHT OR WRONG?

IF ON THE OTHER HANDS AN INDIVIDUAL DECIDES TO PACKAGE HIS OR HER JANUARY SALARY FOR A PASTOR, WHO ARE YOU TO DECIDE IF IT IS RIGHT OR WRONG?

1 Like

Re: Paying January Salary To Pastors By Fr Kelvin Ugwu by juman(m): 1:36pm On Jan 12, 2020
Pastors dey enjoy o.
Re: Paying January Salary To Pastors By Fr Kelvin Ugwu by omlueh(m): 1:36pm On Jan 12, 2020
Honestly, babanla weere ogidigan leleyi sa, sa laro Ni weere Yi.
koolaid87:
Were ni Bobo yi sha

quote author=Demaduka post=85720339]

Fr Kelvin Ugwu MSP,

Re: Paying January Salary To Pastors By Fr Kelvin Ugwu by fabian063: 1:44pm On Jan 12, 2020
9jayes:
First salary should be for the pastor na. He prays for you for the whole year, he deserves your January salary. First seed
Lol
Re: Paying January Salary To Pastors By Fr Kelvin Ugwu by joggler(m): 1:47pm On Jan 12, 2020
[quote author=Demaduka post=85720339]

Fr Kelvin Ugwu MSP,

It is you that is wrong. You didnt get it.
Well follow your heart
[/q it isuote]
Re: Paying January Salary To Pastors By Fr Kelvin Ugwu by drakeli: 1:50pm On Jan 12, 2020
quaintbloke:
The Nigerian pastor is the most deceptive of beings. First fruit as ordained in the bible was for priests and the levites who committed their time and lives to the service of God and had no other business or job.
Today the Nigerian pastor has a job, he has business concerns, watches champions league like me and you and even lives a better life than us, yet you want the poorer church member to commit his salary to him in the name of first fruit.
People perish for lack of knowledge

Besides, this first fruit of a thing is a new development in Nigeria churches. There was nothing like first fruits payment in Nigerian churches until late 90’s. Those that grew up in the 90’s know what I’m talking about. That was when the era of mega churches and the love of money by pastors started in Nigeria. I could remember when my then church started. First fruit money met me in church. Only people born into it can take it so seriously.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Paying January Salary To Pastors By Fr Kelvin Ugwu by Soso990240(m): 1:55pm On Jan 12, 2020
Demaduka:

Fr Kelvin Ugwu MSP,

U are so gullible that its written all over you. In case you don't know, your tithe is being handled by your head Pastor.. Or who else?
Re: Paying January Salary To Pastors By Fr Kelvin Ugwu by IMASTEX: 2:10pm On Jan 12, 2020
Flexherbal what have you to say about the difference between faith & fear.
Re: Paying January Salary To Pastors By Fr Kelvin Ugwu by meeky247: 2:11pm On Jan 12, 2020
Demaduka:

Fr Kelvin Ugwu MSP,

NA DEM
Re: Paying January Salary To Pastors By Fr Kelvin Ugwu by Nobody: 2:21pm On Jan 12, 2020
we need to do this things but from s free mind
Re: Paying January Salary To Pastors By Fr Kelvin Ugwu by michealoluwaseyi(m): 2:22pm On Jan 12, 2020
any pastor waiting for my first fruit,oyo is ur case

1 Like

Re: Paying January Salary To Pastors By Fr Kelvin Ugwu by stieyven(m): 2:28pm On Jan 12, 2020
ayobamiJR:
I can't believe what I've seen. Give a pastor my salary

E no go better for that FIRST FRUIT. Did Jesus asked anyone for anything

Well, it 21st century pastors.
Love your enemies and bless those who curse you and pray for those who despitefully use you. LUKE 6:28
Re: Paying January Salary To Pastors By Fr Kelvin Ugwu by plaetton: 2:34pm On Jan 12, 2020
PaChukwudi44:

God will surely visit punishment upon wicked pastors who preach such vile doctrines

I wish this una god will hurry up and punish all pastors who parasite on the fearful and fragile human condition.
Re: Paying January Salary To Pastors By Fr Kelvin Ugwu by Demaduka(m): 2:39pm On Jan 12, 2020
gypsey:
Crooked pastors and Ignorant Gullibles.

Please i wish to ask you if pastors are the cause your frustration in life?

1 Like

Re: Paying January Salary To Pastors By Fr Kelvin Ugwu by exclusivelyholy(f): 2:41pm On Jan 12, 2020
all these write up, comment and quotes will not stop me from paying my SACRIFICIAL
first fruit next month.
Re: Paying January Salary To Pastors By Fr Kelvin Ugwu by chijokz(m): 2:48pm On Jan 12, 2020
Antoeni:
*America has the biggest economy on earth not the biggest Church
*Germany has the biggest economy in Europe not the biggest church
*America has the biggest factory on earth not the biggest church
*Rwanda has the cleanest city on earth not the biggest church
*China has the highest number of Billionaire not the biggest church
*China has the biggest airport in the world not the biggest church
*Dubai has the tallest building and the largest man Island in the world not the biggest church
*Of the most visited Tourist site on earth none is in Nigeria, not even the biggest church in Abuja attracts tourists. They are not interested of course.
*Nigeria has the biggest church in the world;
It has the most corrupt politicians
It has the the highest number of churches and Pastors, It has the most unimaginable citizens, it has the most divided ethnic groups, the most prayerful people and yet the most inconsiderate at the same time.
*Nigeria is home to the biggest church, the world's poorest citizens and yet 8 out of 20 wealthiest Pastors on earth are from this annexed contraption called Nigeria.

Is anyone still wondering why we are as backward as a people more than ever before, then ask yourself why these countries with the biggest stuff don't have the biggest church.

I stop here, so that i could let you use your natural App inside your cranium called brain for a moment to think about this.
You hit the nail on the head..Well said.

1 Like

Re: Paying January Salary To Pastors By Fr Kelvin Ugwu by exclusivelyholy(f): 2:49pm On Jan 12, 2020
someone said its better to take the money to hospital and less privileged home. yes it a good idea, but what make u think that people DAT pay sacrificial offering which is first fruit don't visit less privileged home, OR
someone that doesn't pay automatically take his or hers to hospital / less privileged home. may God gives us a compassionate hearts.
Re: Paying January Salary To Pastors By Fr Kelvin Ugwu by MISSCONGENIALITY(f): 3:00pm On Jan 12, 2020
I don't blame the pastors, I blame the gullible givers who give at the expense of their kids and even other people's lives. When you try to tell them, they see you as a candidate of hell already.
Re: Paying January Salary To Pastors By Fr Kelvin Ugwu by gotnel: 3:02pm On Jan 12, 2020
Demaduka:

Fr Kelvin Ugwu MSP,

The reverend father is very much right .
Re: Paying January Salary To Pastors By Fr Kelvin Ugwu by God1stson(m): 3:10pm On Jan 12, 2020
Youngzedd:

Who is He to decide if it's right or wrong?

Let the bible do the talking.

Hebrews 7:18-19
18 The former regulation is set aside because it was weak and useless 19 (for the law made nothing perfect), and a better hope is introduced, by which we draw near to God.

Galatians 2:21
I do not set aside the grace of God, for if righteousness could be gained through the law, Christ died for nothing!”

Hebrews 10:9-10
9 Then he said, “Here I am, I have come to do your will.” He sets aside the first to establish the second. 10 And by that will, we have been made holy through the sacrifice of the body of Jesus Christ once for all.

He set aside OLD COVENANT found in the old testament to establish the NEW COVENANT found in the new testament.

2 Corinthians 3:6
He has made us competent as ministers of a new covenant—not of the letter but of the Spirit; for the letter kills, but the Spirit gives life.
* The letter here is the old covenant (laws) while the spirit is the new covenant. Read the whole chapter for better understanding.

Hebrews 7:12
For when the priesthood is changed, the law must be changed also.
Hebrew 8 vs 13
"By calling this covenant “new,” he has made the first one obsolete; and what is obsolete and outdated will soon disappear."

Romans 7:6
But now, by dying to what once bound us, we have been released from the law so that we serve in the new way of the Spirit, and not in the old way of the written code.

Galatians 3 vs 10
For all who rely on the works of the law are under a curse, as it is written: “Cursed is everyone who does not continue to do everything written in the Book of the Law.”

Ride on my brother in the Lord. I pay my tithes as an honor to God, but not under compulsion. Some times I spend the equivalent amount to help the sick and also some members of my family who can't eat 3 square meals cos their bodies are temples of the holy Spirit and Malachi says bring ur tight to my temple.lol
Re: Paying January Salary To Pastors By Fr Kelvin Ugwu by Parablesonmarble: 3:12pm On Jan 12, 2020
Zico5:

Looking at ur scripted writing made me believe u are one of the people we are talking about. They have turned the Bible upside down. If u can't pick meaning from the man of God above then there is problem. Giving tithes is quite different from the first fruits. No one can compel me to give my whole salary as first fruit. But because of fear, people have mistaken the right thing and replace it with wrong. I pray God touch the soul of every believer to know what's right for them

This Fr's piece is the best I have read about Christian faith in a long while. He explained it in a sensible manner such that you do not need to read twice to understand. There's no point of argument with this person you quoted. If the deed of absolute brainwashing has been done, you can hardly undo it. Since it is said that 'you shall know the truth and the truth will set you free', some will be freed by this piece. However, it doesn't matter what you say or do, some will remain in captivity. Its no fate or destiny, its a choice.

2 Likes

Re: Paying January Salary To Pastors By Fr Kelvin Ugwu by Enemyofpeace: 3:12pm On Jan 12, 2020
Demaduka:

[s]Fr Kelvin Ugwu MSP,

IF ON THE OTHER HANDS AN INDIVIDUAL DECIDES TO PACKAGE HIS OR HER JANUARY SALARY FOR A PASTOR, WHO ARE YOU TO DECIDE IF IT IS RIGHT OR WRONG?[/s]

must you use capital letters to type this rubbish?
Re: Paying January Salary To Pastors By Fr Kelvin Ugwu by liver123(m): 3:18pm On Jan 12, 2020
The thing just tire me. A pastor once told me in church that i should make sure i pay my that once i received my salary that he has been observing that i have not been paying tithe. The question now is, why should a pastor be on a look out for those that pay tithe in church and those that do not.

1 Like

Re: Paying January Salary To Pastors By Fr Kelvin Ugwu by southpole: 3:19pm On Jan 12, 2020
Demaduka:

Fr Kelvin Ugwu MSP,

you said if an individual decides......but what we have today is people being force so to say to pay tithes or first fruits.
Re: Paying January Salary To Pastors By Fr Kelvin Ugwu by drakeli: 3:24pm On Jan 12, 2020
Enemyofpeace:
must you use capital letters to type this rubbish?

If only he knew that reading in all CAP “hurts” the eyes. Most people like me only move past all CAP comments without reading them. I don’t read all CAP.
Re: Paying January Salary To Pastors By Fr Kelvin Ugwu by Enemyofpeace: 3:29pm On Jan 12, 2020
drakeli:

If only he knew that reading in all CAP “hurts” the eyes. Most people like me only move past all CAP comments without reading them. I don’t read all CAP.
thanks jare
Re: Paying January Salary To Pastors By Fr Kelvin Ugwu by Ryan03(f): 3:30pm On Jan 12, 2020
9jayes:
First salary should be for the pastor na. He prays for you for the whole year, he deserves your January salary. First seed
so prayer is being sold now? Lol

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Is Frosbel Now An Atheist ? / Unforgiveness: One Subtle Sin That Would Take Many Christians To Hell / 6 Bad Habits Christians Have To Drop With Immediate Effect

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.