Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,013 members, 7,821,549 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 02:50 PM

Paying January Salary To Pastors By Fr Kelvin Ugwu - Religion (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Paying January Salary To Pastors By Fr Kelvin Ugwu (34756 Views)

Daddy Freeze & Rev Fr Kelvin Ugwu Clash Over Easter Teaching / Daddy Freeze: Before You Give A Pastor Your January Salary, Think About This / Omotola Jalade-Ekeinde Reacts To Daddy Freeze "Giving Pastors January Salary" (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Paying January Salary To Pastors By Fr Kelvin Ugwu by Demaduka(m): 12:03pm On Jan 12, 2020
Pinkyposh:

You have a low IQ and shallow understanding of the scriptures

No comment, that is your personal opinion. But please don't allow your frustratin to kill you.
Re: Paying January Salary To Pastors By Fr Kelvin Ugwu by Demaduka(m): 12:05pm On Jan 12, 2020
adenigga:

You're on point!

God bless you!!!

Correction noted.
Re: Paying January Salary To Pastors By Fr Kelvin Ugwu by Antara0503(m): 12:10pm On Jan 12, 2020
ayobamiJR:
I can't believe what I've seen. Give a pastor my salary

E no go better for that FIRST FRUIT. Did Jesus asked anyone for anything

Well, it 21st century pastors.
organised religion
Re: Paying January Salary To Pastors By Fr Kelvin Ugwu by Demaduka(m): 12:10pm On Jan 12, 2020
Angelfrost:

You are not only wrong, but equally typing rubbish (I say this with all due respect)!!!

When you lack superior facts to counter a submission, it is usually prudent to keep quiet...

Some don't reason before they react to posts or comments made. Please can you interpret the original post and my comment?
Re: Paying January Salary To Pastors By Fr Kelvin Ugwu by jamace(m): 12:12pm On Jan 12, 2020
There is nothing unemployment will not cause. Greedy persons now see establishment of "churches"/becoming a pastor as way out of unemployment and opportunity to satisfy their greed for wealth......

Only those without sense fall for these con men.

4 Likes

Re: Paying January Salary To Pastors By Fr Kelvin Ugwu by Demaduka(m): 12:13pm On Jan 12, 2020
Stillthebest:
kiss

This man has just nailed it. One can give God part or all he has blessed him with voluntarily without being compelled by anyone.

What 'igbalode' pastors do is to create fears in the minds of the gullible ones so they can do their bidding. Their bidding is certainly monetary.

They are actually using women(wives) to get to their husbands to be able to partake in the church/pastoral giveaways.

If a husband and a wife join a church today, pastors will only find a way to corner the wife. He might say God told me about you: he might say write your prayers points in a piece of book and bring to me God asked me to pray for you. It is all gimmicks. They want to know how the family is doing.... Monetary wise.

The other day a pastor's son himself a pastor was doing maths on how to bring your first payment in a new year to your pastor.

Why are they particular about money?

How can a pastor have about three private jets? To do what exactly? To compete with the people of the world.
Who is the real man of God!

Sorry, is that the cause of your frustration.
Re: Paying January Salary To Pastors By Fr Kelvin Ugwu by Angelfrost(m): 12:14pm On Jan 12, 2020
PrecisionFx:

January salary is not first seed. Read ur bible.

He knows... They all know!!! It's what makes it so sad!!!
Re: Paying January Salary To Pastors By Fr Kelvin Ugwu by jamace(m): 12:19pm On Jan 12, 2020
My fathers house of worship has become a den of thieves.....Stealing in the name of the Lord... cry

2 Likes

Re: Paying January Salary To Pastors By Fr Kelvin Ugwu by Angelawhite(m): 12:21pm On Jan 12, 2020
When I received my first salary, The first person I remembered was my Dad (mum is late) I remembered his sacrifices and sufferings he went through training me. I remembered his prayers each time he calls for me to get a job. I remembered how he sent me links to job adverts. My dad is like my god, a role model and I love him unconditionally.

Where was my pastor when I needed to pay my school fees ? Where was he when I rode okada to survive the hunger in school? When I dug building foundations and mixed concretes to buy textbooks? Where was he when I needed help the most ?

It’ll be foolishness on my part to ignore the very man who stood by me right from my birth and give a stranger my “first fruit”

When I got my first salary, I immediately sent my dad 10% of my salary, settled all my debts, and from the rest, I gave alms to the beggars. That is the order every sane mane should follow ! Your parents first because you owe them some debts (even though it’s not their entitlement), your creditors and beggars.

I find it more comfortable to help beggars than to help pastors

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Paying January Salary To Pastors By Fr Kelvin Ugwu by Ubiudumo(m): 12:21pm On Jan 12, 2020
The priest has said it all. Stop doing foolish things all in the name of being pious. I love the Catholic church!

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Paying January Salary To Pastors By Fr Kelvin Ugwu by Demaduka(m): 12:23pm On Jan 12, 2020
loswhite:
You did not counter any of his point? Who is the church? Why are you pretending like you don't know the offering money are paid into pastors account...lol even if they call it church account it is still the pastor and one puppet that is signatory to the account

By your argument, it means that you and the FR do make use of the church offerings.
Re: Paying January Salary To Pastors By Fr Kelvin Ugwu by iramure(m): 12:25pm On Jan 12, 2020
Demaduka:

Fr Kelvin Ugwu MSP,
YOU ARE TOTALLY WRONG OR MISCONCIEVED . PAYING MONEY TO A CHURCH IS QUITE DIFFERENT FROM PAYING MONEY TO A PASTOR. IT IS WRONG TO SAY THAT THE MONEY YOU PAID IN THE CHURCH IS MONEY YOU PAID TO THE PASTOR. BY WHAT YOU ARE SAYING, IF YOU ARE A REAL FR. AS YOUR NAME SUGGEST, IT SEEMS THAT YOU USED TO CARRY THE OFFERING GIVENG IN YOUR CHURCH SAYING THAT IT IS MONEY MEMBERS GAVE TO YOU. IS IT RIGHT OR WRONG?

IF ON THE OTHER HANDS AN INDIVIDUAL DECIDES TO PACKAGE HIS OR HER JANUARY SALARY FOR A PASTOR, WHO ARE YOU TO DECIDE IF IT IS RIGHT OR WRONG?

To slap you is my priority now!

2 Likes

Re: Paying January Salary To Pastors By Fr Kelvin Ugwu by Demaduka(m): 12:26pm On Jan 12, 2020
NawtyC001:

you actually typed this and post,or comments error.
God would punish those pastors that have been and still deceiving us!
Amen!

You are condemning the Father for he is inculded because he is equally a pastor
Re: Paying January Salary To Pastors By Fr Kelvin Ugwu by Fourwinds: 12:28pm On Jan 12, 2020
Demaduka:

Fr Kelvin Ugwu MSP,
YOU ARE TOTALLY WRONG OR MISCONCIEVED . PAYING MONEY TO A CHURCH IS QUITE DIFFERENT FROM PAYING MONEY TO A PASTOR. IT IS WRONG TO SAY THAT THE MONEY YOU PAID IN THE CHURCH IS MONEY YOU PAID TO THE PASTOR. BY WHAT YOU ARE SAYING, IF YOU ARE A REAL FR. AS YOUR NAME SUGGEST, IT SEEMS THAT YOU USED TO CARRY THE OFFERING GIVENG IN YOUR CHURCH SAYING THAT IT IS MONEY MEMBERS GAVE TO YOU. IS IT RIGHT OR WRONG?

IF ON THE OTHER HANDS AN INDIVIDUAL DECIDES TO PACKAGE HIS OR HER JANUARY SALARY FOR A PASTOR, WHO ARE YOU TO DECIDE IF IT IS RIGHT OR WRONG?

we know una... I don't blame you or others... It is people who foolishly carry their and drop it for you that i blame... Does the church building eat money ? I know you will be quick to give who benefit yet the members are as poor as church rat....nonsense

2 Likes

Re: Paying January Salary To Pastors By Fr Kelvin Ugwu by Fourwinds: 12:30pm On Jan 12, 2020
Demaduka:

You are condemning the Father for he is inculded because he is equally a pastor
no , the curse is for those pastors deceiving members

1 Like

Re: Paying January Salary To Pastors By Fr Kelvin Ugwu by k2money(m): 12:33pm On Jan 12, 2020
Some pastors, pastors wife's and pastors children will come and disguise as a nairalander to start defending their fraudsters act. Their own pass internet yahoo. Their own is Bible yahoo.

4 Likes

Re: Paying January Salary To Pastors By Fr Kelvin Ugwu by bluefilm: 12:37pm On Jan 12, 2020
Fools are born everyday!!!

The question now is, who will the pastor give their own first fruits?

Hey Apostle Sule the man, I will like to hear from you first.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Paying January Salary To Pastors By Fr Kelvin Ugwu by jaytee01(m): 12:38pm On Jan 12, 2020
Demaduka:

Fr Kelvin Ugwu MSP,

We did not expect less from pastors and their agents , including Stockholm syndrome infected worshippers!
Kontinu........but we are still waiting to pay our first fruits and tithes where Dangote is paying his own.

2 Likes

Re: Paying January Salary To Pastors By Fr Kelvin Ugwu by semyman: 12:42pm On Jan 12, 2020
Why will they not fear, with the way these pastors are threatening them inside those business center shrines they call churches.

Places with occultic ambience, with foundation of live humans.

The evil forces are much against the unfaithful ones that make up the flock
Serving the living God has taken back seat.

2 Likes

Re: Paying January Salary To Pastors By Fr Kelvin Ugwu by jboycrb(m): 12:44pm On Jan 12, 2020
Dollarseeker:

By Fr Kelvin Ugwu MSP

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=2620036038112768&id=2149201088529601

Wow! Thank you for dis. I'm copying it now.

1 Like

Re: Paying January Salary To Pastors By Fr Kelvin Ugwu by adolfHitler1934: 12:45pm On Jan 12, 2020
Demaduka:

Fr Kelvin Ugwu MSP,

Stupid and idiotic comment.
Re: Paying January Salary To Pastors By Fr Kelvin Ugwu by xelly: 12:45pm On Jan 12, 2020
I beg to agree that we have many churches in Nigeria but little or no Christian. When there was fire outbreak in Onitsha, how did we preach and show concern to those affected? This is Christianity.

Have we subsidised Education, Medical care and say the truth to our leaders irrespective of how it is perceived?

Have we preached and banned Yahoo boys from giving offering/tithe?
Have we encourage the work of faith and being help to our fellow human?
Have you encouraged your congregation to assist those stranded?

Christ is an example for all Christian to follow.
Re: Paying January Salary To Pastors By Fr Kelvin Ugwu by koolaid87: 12:48pm On Jan 12, 2020
Were ni Bobo yi sha

quote author=Demaduka post=85720339]

Fr Kelvin Ugwu MSP,

[/quote]
Re: Paying January Salary To Pastors By Fr Kelvin Ugwu by Zinny25(f): 12:57pm On Jan 12, 2020
paying of tithes and first fruit are covenant givings,nobody should force you to pay until u are convinced or led in the spirit to . if you are doing it because your pastor forces u or instills fear in you then you are doing the wrong thing and no reward is attached to it. That's why things remain hard and tight for you even after paying tithe and sowing seed. God is not a man,he sees our hearts and motives for every action

2 Likes

Re: Paying January Salary To Pastors By Fr Kelvin Ugwu by Fourwinds: 1:01pm On Jan 12, 2020
9jayes:
First salary should be for the pastor na. He prays for you for the whole year, he deserves your January salary. First seed
my hand dey scratch me.... To slap you just dey hungry me....

1 Like

Re: Paying January Salary To Pastors By Fr Kelvin Ugwu by shadeyinka(m): 1:06pm On Jan 12, 2020
Demaduka:

Fr Kelvin Ugwu MSP,

It is wrong if it's commanded.
The only time it's okay is if it's a FREEWILL offering
Re: Paying January Salary To Pastors By Fr Kelvin Ugwu by Pinkyposh(f): 1:10pm On Jan 12, 2020
Demaduka:

No comment, that is your personal opinion. But please don't allow your frustratin to kill you.

Exactly what I am talking about, what has frustration or whatever you call it got to do with "your understanding" ��
Re: Paying January Salary To Pastors By Fr Kelvin Ugwu by Youngzedd(m): 1:11pm On Jan 12, 2020
Demaduka:

Fr Kelvin Ugwu MSP,

Who is He to decide if it's right or wrong?

Let the bible do the talking.

Hebrews 7:18-19
18 The former regulation is set aside because it was weak and useless 19 (for the law made nothing perfect), and a better hope is introduced, by which we draw near to God.

Hebrews 7:12
For when the priesthood is changed, the law must be changed also.
Hebrew 8 vs 13
"By calling this covenant “new,” he has made the first one obsolete; and what is obsolete and outdated will soon disappear."

Romans 7:6
But now, by dying to what once bound us, we have been released from the law so that we serve in the new way of the Spirit, and not in the old way of the written code.

Galatians 3 vs 10
For all who rely on the works of the law are under a curse, as it is written: “Cursed is everyone who does not continue to do everything written in the Book of the Law.”

Galatians 2:21
I do not set aside the grace of God, for if righteousness could be gained through the law, Christ died for nothing!”

Hebrews 10:9-10
9 Then he said, “Here I am, I have come to do your will.” He sets aside the first to establish the second. 10 And by that will, we have been made holy through the sacrifice of the body of Jesus Christ once for all.

He set aside OLD COVENANT found in the old testament to establish the NEW COVENANT found in the new testament.

2 Corinthians 3:6
He has made us competent as ministers of a new covenant—not of the letter but of the Spirit; for the letter kills, but the Spirit gives life.
* The letter here is the old covenant (laws) while the spirit is the new covenant. Read the whole chapter for better understanding.
Re: Paying January Salary To Pastors By Fr Kelvin Ugwu by Engrr(m): 1:15pm On Jan 12, 2020
Demaduka:

Fr Kelvin Ugwu MSP,

My people die because of ignorance!...

1 Like

Re: Paying January Salary To Pastors By Fr Kelvin Ugwu by Youngzedd(m): 1:15pm On Jan 12, 2020
9jayes:
First salary should be for the pastor na. He prays for you for the whole year, he deserves your January salary. First seed

Thessalonians 3:7-10
7 For you yourselves know how you ought to follow our example. We were not idle when we were with you, 8 nor did we eat anyone’s food without paying for it. On the contrary, we worked night and day, laboring and toiling so that we would not be a burden to any of you. 9 We did this, not because we do not have the right to such help, but in order to offer ourselves as a model for you to imitate. 10 For even when we were with you, we gave you this rule: “The one who is unwilling to work shall not eat.”

2 Likes

Re: Paying January Salary To Pastors By Fr Kelvin Ugwu by seunmsg(m): 1:22pm On Jan 12, 2020
Most Nigerians go to church and obey the dictates of their pastors because of fear and not of faith. Once a church goer can conquer fear, that will be the beginning of his liberation from religion.

The first fear that I conquered was the fear of things becoming tight for me if I don’t pay tithe. Afterwards, it was easier to drop all other fears that had held me captive including religion.

4 Likes

Re: Paying January Salary To Pastors By Fr Kelvin Ugwu by Lhanre(m): 1:33pm On Jan 12, 2020
Demaduka:

Fr Kelvin Ugwu MSP,

From the way you sound, it seems you are either a beneficiary of Tithe and First Fruits, or you are a victim of same as a result of fear or retribution for failure to comply.

Carefully go through your Bible and cite just one verse where Jesus, his Apostles, or any Bible age minister collected tithe or first fruits, or even demanded for it.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Pope Francis Embraces Disfigured Man(Pictures) / Nathaniel Bassey, Dunsin Oyekan, Mercy Chinwo, Peter Obi At Unusual Praise 2022 / RCCG Offers To Help Nigerians In Libya

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.