Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,997 members, 7,825,087 topics. Date: Sunday, 12 May 2024 at 06:14 AM

Phones Sold In Show Glasses - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Phones Sold In Show Glasses (4602 Views)

Questionable Quality Of Xiaomi Phones Sold In Nigeria / How Much Are Sim Cards Sold In Your Area? / Smart Glasses Will Replace Smart Phones In 2020 [focals By North Smart Glass] (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Phones Sold In Show Glasses by Nobody: 9:13pm On Jan 11, 2020
I need to get another phone as I have been managing this one for some time now. However, my main fear is whether the phones displayed in show glasses in the market and are sold cheaper are legit or stolen phones.

Any experience?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Phones Sold In Show Glasses by cbrezy(m): 10:31pm On Jan 11, 2020
locust:
I need to get another phone as I have been managing this one for some time now. However, my main fear is whether the phones displayed in show glasses in the market and are sold cheaper are legit or stolen phones.

Any experience?

what's your budget, cuz I have infinix smart 2 pro for sale
Re: Phones Sold In Show Glasses by RubiesBanking: 11:12pm On Jan 11, 2020
grin

Don't forget you will regret getting any of these phones

Tecno
Infinix
Itel

Especially the one a certain someone is trying to sell you cause he's now regretting

17 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Phones Sold In Show Glasses by aminusodiq(m): 11:49pm On Jan 11, 2020
Dey ar clones

7 Likes

Re: Phones Sold In Show Glasses by sunshineV(f): 11:58pm On Jan 11, 2020
Tecno produces fake phones but those people selling show glass phones will sell the copy of the fake techno for you. Can u imagine how messed up that is?

27 Likes 1 Share

Re: Phones Sold In Show Glasses by leonard002(m): 7:08am On Jan 12, 2020
99% of them are clones

3 Likes

Re: Phones Sold In Show Glasses by more4rm9ja: 9:06am On Jan 12, 2020
sunshineV:
Tecno produces fake phones but those people selling show glass phones will sell the copy of the fake techno for you. Can u imagine how messed up that is?
grin
Re: Phones Sold In Show Glasses by Deflames01(m): 9:24am On Jan 12, 2020
Pls don't patronize them because most of them are fake versions of the original product.
I once bought a Samsung Galaxy J7 prime from one of them and it was actually a China phone covered in a Samsung Case

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Phones Sold In Show Glasses by Nobody: 9:45am On Jan 12, 2020
sunshineV:

Like you just spoke my mind. Selling the fake of transsion device is tantamount to double jeopardy. Not that their devices are bad but processor wise it's not really that top notch.

There was a time during scarcity I was in need of a Tecno Spark 2. There was a rumour of a government hold upon all imported goods. Tecno Spark 2 that usually sold for 33 -35k skyrocketed to 39-40k. I searched the whole of legit shops around me and in computer village in futility. Eventually a tout saw me and I told him what I needed. He led me, I securely held my Moneybag in place. He led me to a shop within computer village. The shop guy brought out a brand new sealed pack Tecno spark2.

My normal procedure before buying a phone is to watch YouTube Comparisms, Google the phone and be sure of the accessories that comes with the device. The device they brought out was exactly the same with the original save for some minor flops. Which in the eyes of a green horn is non existent. I told him to open to the pack and give me the phone. I was suspicious of the low price first then the fact that this was a roadside shop.

That's the first rule of staying Safe from Scams
[\b] If it looks too good to be true. Then it probably isn't true

Then I noticed the slight difference in the accessories . I turned on the device in his presence.

The second Rule of staying Safe is

Never buy a phone in a carton and take it home without testing it and confirming the product. If possible test before paying. In big shops you might have paid before collecting the device. Nevertheless test the device if at all its defective they can change it within Max of 5 working days [b]

Lo and behold on a very washed out screen, a funny looking Tecno logo showed. Alarm bells went off in my head. The next thing I noticed is the outdated OS in a current device. I went to the settings and checked and what I saw was astonishing.

I smiled and played along , I already sensed some communication between the seller and the tour. In my mind,true to my nature and knowing that I would have to go and get something else. I indicated a fake interest in the Device. I had all the time to waste and lighten my mood. We started haggling he said 38k, we went on and on till 30k for a fake device.

Eventually I let the cat out of the bag grin. I told the seller that the device is fake. And the tour whom I thought I trusted

The 3rd rule
[\b] Never trust or lay your hope in a tout. Most of them uses Jazz and all sorts to gain the trust and deceive their victims. They are not your friends. They are there to make money. And after standing under the sun for hours. They wouldn't mind extorting their relatives.

I walked out on the pair , all the while never losing touch with the bundle of cash with me. Although I didn't get what I came for, but i was very pleased with myself.

12 Likes

Re: Phones Sold In Show Glasses by sunshineV(f): 9:55am On Jan 12, 2020
KngGezy:

Like you just spoke my mind. Selling the fake of transsion device is tantamount to double jeopardy. Not that their devices are bad but processor wise it's not really that top notch.

There was a time during scarcity I was in need of a Tecno Spark 2. There was a rumour of a government hold upon all imported goods. Tecno Spark 2 that usually sold for 33 -35k skyrocketed to 39-40k. I searched the whole of legit shops around me and in computer village in futility. Eventually a tout saw me and I told him what I needed. He led me, I securely held my Moneybag in place. He led me to a shop within computer village. The shop guy brought out a brand new sealed pack Tecno spark2.

My normal procedure before buying a phone is to watch YouTube Comparisms, Google the phone and be sure of the accessories that comes with the device. The device they brought out was exactly the same with the original save for some minor flops. Which in the eyes of a green horn is non existent. I told him to open to the pack and give me the phone. I was suspicious of the low price first then the fact that this was a roadside shop.

Then I noticed the slight difference in the accessories . I turned on the device in his presence.

Never buy a phone in a carton and take it home without testing it and confirming the product. If possible test before paying. In big shops you might have paid before collecting the device. Nevertheless test the device if at all its defective they can change it within Max of 5 working days [b]

Lo and behold on a very washed out screen, a funny looking Tecno logo showed. Alarm bells went off in my head. The next thing I noticed is the outdated OS in a current device. I went to the settings and checked and what I saw was astonishing.

I smiled and played along , I already sensed some communication between the seller and the tour. In my mind,true to my nature and knowing that I would have to go and get something else. I indicated a fake interest in the Device. I had all the time to waste and lighten my mood. We started haggling he said 38k, we went on and on till 30k for a fake device.

Eventually I let the cat out of the bag grin. I told the seller that the device is fake. And the tour whom I thought I trusted

The 3rd rule
[\b] Never trust or lay your hope in a tout. Most of them uses Jazz and all sorts to gain the trust and deceive their victims. They are not your friends. They are there to make money. And after standing under the sun for hours. They wouldn't mind extorting their relatives.

I walked out on the pair , all the while never losing touch with the bundle of cash with me. Although I didn't get what I came for, but i was very pleased with myself.

Lol bro you've been saved. People should be wise

1 Like

Re: Phones Sold In Show Glasses by Osyxcel(m): 10:48am On Jan 12, 2020
RubiesBanking:
grin

Don't forget you will regret getting any of these phones

Tecno
Infinix
Itel

Especially the one a certain someone is trying to sell you cause he's now regretting

Bro, sometimes you have to look at life from a different perspective. lipsrsealed
Re: Phones Sold In Show Glasses by Nobody: 11:36am On Jan 12, 2020
100% of the phones in show glass are clone and refurbished phones with problems
i once bought a vivo phone from show glass because of the spec i saw online and i will say it was a terrible experience. the phone did not last up to 2 weeks.

2 Likes

Re: Phones Sold In Show Glasses by EbukaHades10(m): 12:34pm On Jan 12, 2020
People buy show glass phones?

I thought they were for design.

But seriously, sometimes you get lucky, sometimes u don't but I won't advice anyone to buy show glass phone even if it is my relative that is selling the phone
Re: Phones Sold In Show Glasses by ardrockltd(m): 1:07pm On Jan 12, 2020
don't go for such phones..most of them are walking dead
Re: Phones Sold In Show Glasses by dominique(f): 4:12pm On Jan 12, 2020
sunshineV:

Really? grin I thought they were stolen phones that's why I steer clear off them. I was contemplating buying one Tecno Camon for 19k for my young cousin who lost his phone and was affecting his studies. It looked pretty neat but I couldn't get myself to buy a possibly stolen phone that could land the poor kid in a police cell. Good thing I didn't buy it. I can imagine the useless specs such phone will have
Re: Phones Sold In Show Glasses by sunshineV(f): 4:21pm On Jan 12, 2020
dominique:

Really? grin I thought they were stolen phones that's why I steer clear off them. I was contemplating buying one Tecno Camon for 19k for my young cousin who lost his phone and was affecting his studies. It looked pretty neat but I couldn't get myself to buy a possibly stolen phone that could land the poor kid in a police cell. Good thing I didn't buy it. I can imagine the useless specs such phone will have

lol stolen phone for 19k? As for me ooo I will risk it but those phones aren't stolen they're fakes. You will buy tecno camon, open the back of the fone you will see ZTE 1854, switch on the phone you will see infinix G3 (2G ONLY)
Re: Phones Sold In Show Glasses by Roon9(m): 4:39pm On Jan 12, 2020
It always end in tears bro
Re: Phones Sold In Show Glasses by Nobody: 5:13pm On Jan 12, 2020
What you see is not what you get (Mafo)
Re: Phones Sold In Show Glasses by Corroro: 5:15pm On Jan 12, 2020
sunshineV:
lol sorry about that but you should have known better by now
Re: Phones Sold In Show Glasses by Kolahim(m): 10:43pm On Jan 12, 2020
[quote author=KngGezy post=85725410]

The 3rd rule

I walked out on the pair , all the while never losing touch with the bundle of cash with me. Although I didn't get what I came for, but i was very pleased with myself. [/quote

God bless you bro! It seems u just narrated what happened to me yesterday in the same computer village. I just thank God I didn't later buy the fake gionee M7, I was very close - I almost paid them before I noticed the weakness through the battery life. Normal gionee M7 would never drain as fast as that one.
�4th rule : beware of the good Samaritan that will offer to help you look for the phone, they will eventually demand for money.
Re: Phones Sold In Show Glasses by Nobody: 12:06am On Jan 13, 2020
Thank you all.
I've changed my mind grin
Na money dey insult person.

(1) (Reply)

Where Can I Replace Samsung A20s Broken Screen And How Much Will It Cost Me? / Best Cheap Android Phones In Nigeria 2016(below ₦30k) / Huawei Or Gionee?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.