Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,885 members, 7,828,142 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 02:52 AM

Comparison And Relationships - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Comparison And Relationships (913 Views)

Poll: Do you compare yourself or your mate with other people?

Yes: 0% (0 votes)
No: 30% (3 votes)
Sometimes: 40% (4 votes)
Only when I feel bad/good: 10% (1 vote)
I have been compared before: 20% (2 votes)
This poll has ended

Domestic Violence And Relationships / Prophecy And Relationships / Inferiority Complex in Dating and Relationships (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Comparison And Relationships by MrsEve2(f): 8:51pm On Dec 05, 2010
Hello People!

Have you ever compared yourself or your mate with another person?  For example, your friend have this chick who have a nice body and she is well educated but her personality sucks?  You say well my mate may not have a banging body but she has a nice personality and she can sing. 

I have noticed that people compare themselves and their mates with other people.  Would you be upset if your mate compared you with his or her ex?  Or the next door neighbor?  Do you think that people feeds off comparison to make themselves feel better or worse?

Have you ever compared yourself or mate with others?
Re: Comparison And Relationships by Mygoldie(f): 8:55pm On Dec 05, 2010
i hate comparison and i can't stand guys or men who compare one girl to another.
Re: Comparison And Relationships by obowunmi(m): 8:57pm On Dec 05, 2010
Mama gee --- una no go let us hear word.
Re: Comparison And Relationships by Phate07(m): 9:07pm On Dec 05, 2010

It is normal to compare, cos no matter what, you'll still see a better looking girl. undecided
Re: Comparison And Relationships by MrsEve2(f): 9:10pm On Dec 05, 2010
So if your guy said Hey Phate, I seen a dude with a bigger penis than yours, and it was pretty and fat! I want to tap that really bad.

You would be smiling still? undecided
Re: Comparison And Relationships by freecocoa(f): 9:18pm On Dec 05, 2010
I don't like being compared to anyone especially when the orther party gets the praises.
Re: Comparison And Relationships by degubi(m): 9:23pm On Dec 05, 2010
It is wrong to compare people because it does not allow you appreciate the qualities of the person you are with, if i find myself doing it i try to restrain myself. My mate may not have all the qualities i desire but i believe she does possess the qualities that made me want to be with her. I don't need to compare her with anything or anyone. She was not born perfect and neither am i.
Re: Comparison And Relationships by Phate07(m): 9:28pm On Dec 05, 2010
Mrs, Eve:

So if your girl said Hey Phate, I seen a dude with a bigger manliness than yours, and it was pretty and fat!  I want to tap that really bad.  

You would be smiling still?   undecided

No bigey! undecided

I'll simply remind her of my good looks and etc etc. wink
Re: Comparison And Relationships by 190: 9:38pm On Dec 05, 2010
My ex used to do it before,

But she later grew up and changed before

things fell apart!!
Re: Comparison And Relationships by googles: 9:39pm On Dec 05, 2010
The bitter reality of it all is we all compare. unconsciously/consciously we do it wen we see sommin/someone better

just be moderate abt it,is all dat matters. and why would any right thinking human being compare his/her partner to someone else in his/her face  undecided
Re: Comparison And Relationships by iice(f): 4:16am On Dec 06, 2010
Compare for wetin? Does that shiite feed me or relax me?
I hate stress.  I will not stress myself consciously or unconsciously for something that doesn't even seem logical to me.  I'd rather just put myself out of my misery if it comes to that.  Probably one of the reasons people don't register in my brain, takes me a while to be aware of someone and fortunately a short time to forget him/her.  Everything is monochromatic.

People do it to either feel better or prove something. 
Re: Comparison And Relationships by Dsense(m): 4:21am On Dec 06, 2010
Op,
I do compare but unconsciously . .Which i believe is very bad and sucks . . At the same time i do compare ma babie but in a funny way ''I never meant to hurt her'' and she understands!
Re: Comparison And Relationships by livedit(f): 11:41pm On Dec 06, 2010
Good question, No- what's the point anyway? I feel if you still gotta "compare" your current mate to your "ex" then you still haven't gotten over your ex.  I could care less what "other" people have.  I'm very satisfied with the relationship I have and my focus is on my current relationship making it stronger and stronger.  I don't even think enough about my ex to be honest to compare him with my man now.   grin , I leave the past, in the past.  I think if you gotta compare your mate with your ex or whomever else, then you got issues and obviously not completely happy and insecure in your relationship.  But I'm very secure in my relationship and none of my ex's will ever compare to the man I have now.  So it's all good.
Re: Comparison And Relationships by red100(f): 12:31am On Dec 07, 2010
Yes I do, it is only human but everything has its limits. To a certain extent is good because you make yourself or your partner a better person, you can always pick good things from other people and imrpove yourself, it's not wrong on my eyes. I am very strick with myself and I can handle fair comparisons very well but doesn't mean that i have to accept the comparison. My boyfriend felt that I've been a bit harsh to him in the past and propably felt insecure so I've stopped it as not everybody likes it or can handle it. I think is more difficult for men as it affects their ego.
Re: Comparison And Relationships by MzWumi(f): 1:09am On Dec 07, 2010
A while back I used to compare my marriage with one of my close friends relationship. I thought that her Fiance was the epitome of the perfect guy. He had a great 6 figure income job at one of NY most prestigious financial firms, His parents were dead (so no in laws to poke nose into your affairs) a devoted christian, but knew how to get down with the rest, He spoiled my friend with the finest thing in life. He was caring, hardworking, trustworthy, drop dead gorgeous, name it he had it. I was green with envy, I used to even take my frustrations out on my poor husband asking him why couldn't he be more like Mr. Man,
I just learned early this year that my friends perfect relationship was not soo perfect after all, Her fiance is impotent, and has been impotent for the last 8 years. They have never had sex. She thought that it was something that she could live with if they could do other things, but it has now put a strain on their relationship. They have seen several doctors and it looks like the only way she would be able to conceive is through artificial insemination, which their insurance wont cover. They will now spend their 6 figure income that I was so jealous of on finding a way to have a child I got for free,
I was trying to encourage her by listing all the other wonderful qualities that Mr. Man has,
She responded, "If you were unable to have sex with a women, you have no choice but to have these qualities in order to keep her"

Moral of the story, The grass is not always greener on the otherside(unless of course you won't have to deal with in-laws grin grin )
Re: Comparison And Relationships by yme1(f): 3:17am On Dec 07, 2010
if there is one thing i can never ever take in a relationship is comparison
don't try that with me cause it drives me so damn crazy and i don't do that cause that doesn't make sense to me
every one is special in it's own way
Re: Comparison And Relationships by Youngpo413: 7:10am On Dec 30, 2014
Mygoldie:
i hate comparison and i can't stand guys or men who compare one girl to another.
...and vice versa
Re: Comparison And Relationships by Youngpo413: 7:12am On Dec 30, 2014
MrsEve2:
So if your guy said Hey Phate, I seen a dude with a bigger penissss than yours, and it was pretty and fat! I want to tap that really bad.

You would be smiling still? undecided
you like fuccck well well,is cocckkk size the only thing you can compare?
Re: Comparison And Relationships by Youngpo413: 7:22am On Dec 30, 2014
MzWumi:
A while back I used to compare my marriage with one of my close friends relationship. I thought that her Fiance was the epitome of the perfect guy. He had a great 6 figure income job at one of NY most prestigious financial firms, His parents were dead (so no in laws to poke nose into your affairs) a devoted christian, but knew how to get down with the rest, He spoiled my friend with the finest thing in life. He was caring, hardworking, trustworthy, drop dead gorgeous, name it he had it. I was green with envy, I used to even take my frustrations out on my poor husband asking him why couldn't he be more like Mr. Man,
I just learned early this year that my friends perfect relationship was not soo perfect after all, Her fiance is impotent, and has been impotent for the last 8 years. They have never had sex. She thought that it was something that she could live with if they could do other things, but it has now put a strain on their relationship. They have seen several doctors and it looks like the only way she would be able to conceive is through artificial insemination, which their insurance wont cover. They will now spend their 6 figure income that I was so jealous of on finding a way to have a child I got for free,
I was trying to encourage her by listing all the other wonderful qualities that Mr. Man has,
She responded, "If you were unable to have sex with a women, you have no choice but to have these qualities in order to keep her"

Moral of the story, The grass is not always greener on the otherside(unless of course you won't have to deal with in-laws grin grin )
assuming he posses all those qualities and a good sex life you would have dumped your husband abi?
Hmmm,ladies,na greed go kill una.
B!tch

(1) (Reply)

Ladies Can You Date A Guy With Braids / Bb Madness, Very Common To Our Gurls / Does He Wants Me Again?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.