Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,857 members, 7,810,285 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 05:30 AM

Marlians Cult: The Mother Should Be Blamed For Poor Upbringing, Not Naira Marley - Celebrities (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Marlians Cult: The Mother Should Be Blamed For Poor Upbringing, Not Naira Marley (60500 Views)

“i'm Not Naira Marley O” - Nigerian Man Cries Out On The Social Media(pics,vid) / Ozioma Onuzulike: Naira Marley, The Deadly Virus & His Marlians Cult / Who Is To Be Blamed For P'square Split? Peter, Paul, Jude, The Wives? (Result) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Marlians Cult: The Mother Should Be Blamed For Poor Upbringing, Not Naira Marley by anuma1(m): 7:06pm On Jan 13, 2020
Actually I don't blame nairamarly. I blame EFCC for a all these because 90% of Nigerians no send this guy before he was arrested.

1 Like

Re: Marlians Cult: The Mother Should Be Blamed For Poor Upbringing, Not Naira Marley by asatemple(f): 7:10pm On Jan 13, 2020
Just
kiyosaki1:

One of the expected characteristics of a good parent, is to be able to inculcate good morals on their wards, no matter the circumstances.

Our children always look up to us parent as a role model first of all , copy our behaviour, before an outsider can influence them. If the children noticed any inconsistent in our behaviour ,they tend to lose their trust in us,and so they look outside for help.
There are so many parents that had no time for the children because of work demand ,in such cases they yielded to outside influence, in any way you might look at it ,the girl in questioned is a product of failed parenthood .
just pray that you don’t encounter this type of temptation
Re: Marlians Cult: The Mother Should Be Blamed For Poor Upbringing, Not Naira Marley by abdullkabar(m): 7:11pm On Jan 13, 2020
Maybe when Op starts raising kids and he sees the effects of the environment, he go gree
Re: Marlians Cult: The Mother Should Be Blamed For Poor Upbringing, Not Naira Marley by ekerintee: 7:13pm On Jan 13, 2020
Bringing up a child is not only the responsibility of the parents,the society and other factors play a role.a child spends 8 hours in school ,he is influenced also in the school ,even a well trained child can be spoilt in the midst of a bad friend at school.a badly trained child can be influenced also in a good school.in general,a child that will be bad will be bad.i have seen children with good upbringing become way ward when they have opportunity to go away from home .they are good at home and a different thing at school.It only take prayer and close marking to bring up a good child ,so I can't blame the mother if she has done her part by bringing up the child in a good way parent only do their best to bring up a child in a good way,it is left for the child to decide if he or she will accept good upbringing .I am afraid of the present young Nigerian generation,you can't really point to any good role model in today's world. In those days ,we had people will admire and want to be like.now ,the young people want to be like Marlians,davido,WizKid .you can see anybody that says he want to be a successful surgeons .our youth are not incline into other areas apart from music ,is there no role model in other areas.it will be disastrous if all our youth turn out to be Marlians and we don't have doctors ,lawyers engineers for tomorrow.

..rpost=85749530]Pikin wey won spoil go spoil,a mother is not only the parent responsible in catering for her child,there is a father too. [/quote]
Re: Marlians Cult: The Mother Should Be Blamed For Poor Upbringing, Not Naira Marley by Ayemileto(m): 7:13pm On Jan 13, 2020
dangotesmummy:
then make it easier for the parents.now speaking for myself I don't want any of my children to see nuisances like Marley,lilwayne,cardi b as models.if at all they want to have musicians as models I'll prefer them having the likes of sunny ade,onyeka onwenu,Bob Marley, asa and other positive influences.i don't even want my children to be like Naira Marley.God forbid.tuehhhh.. orimiko

Shey you no be Dangote's mummy again ni?
Re: Marlians Cult: The Mother Should Be Blamed For Poor Upbringing, Not Naira Marley by CYMERX(f): 7:16pm On Jan 13, 2020
dangotesmummy:
oga I am not a moral police.lets clear that first and even if the parent puts parental control for TV? Shey she go put parental control for parties in school or she go put parental control for music wey dey blast for streets.be realistic, musicians have a lot of influence over the youth than even pastors,imama or parents and one of the reasons the society has Lost it is because of musicians that ram ass,poosy,sex, drugs alcohol in our ears everyday not minding polluting the minds of kids.their songs penetrate everywhere even if you lock your kids at home all the time

For example how will broda no manners be singing "Omo naija fefidi pami" and you know 5year olds WIll hear stuffs like that

What is bad is bad,stop sugar coating it.NIGERIANS SHOULD ACCEPT AND ADMIT THEIR FAULT FOR JUST ONCE

it's because of abosi there's so much societal menace and decadence in Nigeria and all over the world

you're right, she was influenced negatively in school by both her snr/ class mates, if only this so called musicians can make use of their gud voices as gospel singers, only God kns d kind of souls that they cud hv won,
but instead they chose to send some dumbed ppl wit their meaningless/ satanic musics to hell, cos of d rubbish msg in dia songs that's centered only on drugs, alcohol, , preeq, pussy, & sex etc.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Marlians Cult: The Mother Should Be Blamed For Poor Upbringing, Not Naira Marley by Seventy7kings: 7:19pm On Jan 13, 2020
Emilokoiyawon:
There was no immorality in Nigeria until Naira Marley came from UK. Nigerian girls were not going to school pataless until Naira Marley. They were not opening their legs for mechanics until Naira returned to Nigeria. Naira Marley is the source of all immorality in Nigeria.

Lets keep fooling ourselves. After all that is what we are very good at doing in this part of the world.
you're a wise man. People are so carelessly blaming Naira Marley as if girls have not been doing this kind of stuffs before Naira Marley started singing.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Marlians Cult: The Mother Should Be Blamed For Poor Upbringing, Not Naira Marley by OnlineWell(m): 7:25pm On Jan 13, 2020
The environment in which you train your children also has a way of influencing them, sometimes its not the parents fault

I can provide you phone number of any country for verification
Do check my signature
Re: Marlians Cult: The Mother Should Be Blamed For Poor Upbringing, Not Naira Marley by dangotesmummy: 7:28pm On Jan 13, 2020
Ayemileto:

Shey you no be Dangote's mummy again ni?
I'm bill gates mummy sef
Re: Marlians Cult: The Mother Should Be Blamed For Poor Upbringing, Not Naira Marley by Mjpem23(m): 7:28pm On Jan 13, 2020
Joshmodest:

sadly , you have no control over who your kids see as role model .....you keep playing sunny ade inside the house , and they listen to naira outside ...

M̤̮a̤̮r̤̮l̤̮i̤̮a̤̮n̤̮ f̤̮o̤̮r̤̮e̤̮v̤̮e̤̮r̤̮
Re: Marlians Cult: The Mother Should Be Blamed For Poor Upbringing, Not Naira Marley by dangotesmummy: 7:30pm On Jan 13, 2020
Rubbiish:

Wetin Marley do u?
This is 2020 u can't continue like this!
How is Marley responsible for the waywardness of one girl he doesn't even know who choose to be wayward? Is she the only girl in that school? Are u saying there are no good girls in that same school? The girl no good & it got nothing to do with Marley. Your circle of friends bespeaks the kind of person u are. If she was very decent & morally upright, those her bad friends wouldn't come near her.
you seem to be underating the power of peer pressure from children from dysfunctional homes.theyre the ones always trying to mess up other decent kids from healthy homes
Re: Marlians Cult: The Mother Should Be Blamed For Poor Upbringing, Not Naira Marley by dangotesmummy: 7:31pm On Jan 13, 2020
emerged01:

Why only Naira Marely? All our artists except few like Dakolo,asa,Brymo et.c sing about sex,ass,boobs,drugs etc.
all of them inclusive.no exception well except for the gospel musicians
Re: Marlians Cult: The Mother Should Be Blamed For Poor Upbringing, Not Naira Marley by dangotesmummy: 7:33pm On Jan 13, 2020
kiyosaki1:

Are worse influence not in the western world ? Yet millions of children out there turn out good. This is due to the effort of the parents, part of ones duty as parents is to teach and imbibed in our children, what is expected of them in the society, so as not to be swayed by negative influence. Parents are not to expect the society to help train their wards
no one is saying so but the society should not make parenting any harder
Re: Marlians Cult: The Mother Should Be Blamed For Poor Upbringing, Not Naira Marley by viyon02: 7:34pm On Jan 13, 2020
From your explanation, I know your type, you want to spare the rod and have a good child am sorry for you oooo
Re: Marlians Cult: The Mother Should Be Blamed For Poor Upbringing, Not Naira Marley by Nobody: 7:37pm On Jan 13, 2020
Marlians every where I go. You are a marlian for this post op
Re: Marlians Cult: The Mother Should Be Blamed For Poor Upbringing, Not Naira Marley by demitola(m): 7:39pm On Jan 13, 2020
Some comments under this post will make you sick. Even the OP is also sick upstairs. How would you posit that it only takes the parent to nurture a child to ideal moral maturity thereby neglecting the roles of the immediate society, religious groups and all that?

The mentioning of lewd foreign artistes as an excuse is also lame. Their society is really getting torn about by drug addiction, crime rate, family aparthy and all that. But because we only see yankee as place with constant light, uptodate technology & some form of social security benefits, we believe it's heaven!
Re: Marlians Cult: The Mother Should Be Blamed For Poor Upbringing, Not Naira Marley by Sommydisaster(m): 7:41pm On Jan 13, 2020
dangotesmummy:
Marley is at fault

He's an entertainer and he knows majority of his fans are young ones so he should use his power over the minds of the youth to instill positive values instead of sex and drugs but unfortunately look what we have

After all the mother banned Marley songs in her house,she go ban am for her school or streets again?

Sorry to quote you, but I want to ask which artist has influenced the youth?

Is it

tuface

Ill bliss?

MI?

My brother, the youth don't want to follow the trend those persons did set

Every youth wants to be young, wild and free

Meanwhile check out my signature and thread for beautiful offers on electronics
Re: Marlians Cult: The Mother Should Be Blamed For Poor Upbringing, Not Naira Marley by DexterousOne(m): 7:41pm On Jan 13, 2020
safarigirl:
you know NOTHING about parenting and your ignorance is glaring

Let me tell you something, it is possible for parents to train four children and two of those four may turn out poorly, while two others are good. Parents may train five and only one will be good.

Training a child goes beyond parents, the entire community is involved. Stop peddling nonsense as facts, when you have children, come back and say this rubbish

You have a very valid point

The variables are many
Parenting is just one
Re: Marlians Cult: The Mother Should Be Blamed For Poor Upbringing, Not Naira Marley by DexterousOne(m): 7:43pm On Jan 13, 2020
dangotesmummy:
you seem to be underating the power of peer pressure from children from dysfunctional homes.theyre the ones always trying to mess up other decent kids from healthy homes

Exactly

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Marlians Cult: The Mother Should Be Blamed For Poor Upbringing, Not Naira Marley by adabsmith(m): 7:43pm On Jan 13, 2020
How can a teenager be going to school without pant for 3 days out of 5 days in a week and the parent won't even notice? I mean does that make any sense?
Re: Marlians Cult: The Mother Should Be Blamed For Poor Upbringing, Not Naira Marley by davillian(m): 7:48pm On Jan 13, 2020
grin
1)parenting
2) the society
3)and the school..

Your children should not have access to internet without your supervision
Home videos and adult music should be banned in the home even adults at home should not watch movies oR play such music at home.

If you are poor and live in areas that these kind of music would be played, then its going to have negative impact on your children.

If your children attend good schools trust me they can't call you for end of the year party and be playing these kind of useless music.
Re: Marlians Cult: The Mother Should Be Blamed For Poor Upbringing, Not Naira Marley by Maestroedem001: 7:54pm On Jan 13, 2020
kiyosaki1:

Am not but, I stand for the truth.
U are far from the truth
Re: Marlians Cult: The Mother Should Be Blamed For Poor Upbringing, Not Naira Marley by Kunsky007: 7:56pm On Jan 13, 2020
kiyosaki1:
I read: My Daughter Is In Marlians Cult And She Doesn't Wear Pant To School - Mother Cries Out https://www.nairaland.com/5627708/marlians-cult-daughter-doesnt-wear with dismay various comments and solidarity given to the fail mother, who failed in her parenting duty, ascribing the failure in her duty as a mother to the influence of Naira Marely. The same way our politicians ascribe the failure in the governance to past administration. We can all see where she picked up her bulk passing behaviour.

There are many ills in our society that are going on, and which the children can easily pick up from the social media, the various cable TV, the peer group and so forth, brimming with ills.

These teenagers have access to them and can influence them when making choices, but it's the duty of parents to teach their wards what norms and values expected of them.

In the western world that's even worse, we had kids that are well behave and are not influenced by the ill of the society. So for a mother to come out to ascribe her child's negative behaviour to a person or celebrity is exposing to the whole world her failure in her duty. I expected her to be reprimanded and not the icon.

The last time I checked, Nigeria is still a free society, and not a sharia governed society, and for those reprimanding the Marlians, may be we should call for a full blown sharia in all state in the country, so our kids can be well behaved so much for the moral police bunch of hypocrites.

I will agree to all what u av said if only you could admit that Naira Marley himself is a product of failed parenting. A failed product of his mother.
Re: Marlians Cult: The Mother Should Be Blamed For Poor Upbringing, Not Naira Marley by Kunsky007: 8:01pm On Jan 13, 2020
kiyosaki1:
I read: My Daughter Is In Marlians Cult And She Doesn't Wear Pant To School - Mother Cries Out https://www.nairaland.com/5627708/marlians-cult-daughter-doesnt-wear with dismay various comments and solidarity given to the fail mother, who failed in her parenting duty, ascribing the failure in her duty as a mother to the influence of Naira Marely. The same way our politicians ascribe the failure in the governance to past administration. We can all see where she picked up her bulk passing behaviour.

There are many ills in our society that are going on, and which the children can easily pick up from the social media, the various cable TV, the peer group and so forth, brimming with ills.

These teenagers have access to them and can influence them when making choices, but it's the duty of parents to teach their wards what norms and values expected of them.

In the western world that's even worse, we had kids that are well behave and are not influenced by the ill of the society. So for a mother to come out to ascribe her child's negative behaviour to a person or celebrity is exposing to the whole world her failure in her duty. I expected her to be reprimanded and not the icon.

The last time I checked, Nigeria is still a free society, and not a sharia governed society, and for those reprimanding the Marlians, may be we should call for a full blown sharia in all state in the country, so our kids can be well behaved so much for the moral police bunch of hypocrites.
If this parent is considered a failure, what are going to call Naira Marley parent? A super failure I guess!
Re: Marlians Cult: The Mother Should Be Blamed For Poor Upbringing, Not Naira Marley by Nobody: 8:02pm On Jan 13, 2020
Anyone that is a parent will know that bringing a child a child is not an easy task. With a lot a peer pressure and negetive influences everywhere. In churches, in schools, bad uncles, aunties, nannies neighbour and friends. He can even turn on your tv set without seeing a half naked lady shaking buttock or couple cuddling or someone smoking. You can be with them all the time. It take the help of God my people.
Re: Marlians Cult: The Mother Should Be Blamed For Poor Upbringing, Not Naira Marley by traihit: 8:04pm On Jan 13, 2020
kiyosaki1:

One of the expected characteristics of a good parent, is to be able to inculcate good morals on their wards, no matter the circumstances.

Our children always look up to us parent as a role model first of all , copy our behaviour, before an outsider can influence them. If the children noticed any inconsistent in our behaviour ,they tend to lose their trust in us,and so they look outside for help.
There are so many parents that had no time for the children because of work demand ,in such cases they yielded to outside influence, in any way you might look at it ,the girl in questioned is a product of failed parenthood .

Exactly what I was going to type.
The home is always the first teacher and when the home doesn't have time to teach children, they look for teachers outside the home. No matter how busy a parent is, having no time for their children is as having nothing to cater for the children. You can't keep feeding the body and then improverish their minds.
Re: Marlians Cult: The Mother Should Be Blamed For Poor Upbringing, Not Naira Marley by edoairways: 8:04pm On Jan 13, 2020
kiyosaki1:

Hmmm!

1 Like

Re: Marlians Cult: The Mother Should Be Blamed For Poor Upbringing, Not Naira Marley by shogsman(m): 8:08pm On Jan 13, 2020
neolboy:
Musicians who give us good lyrics are they mad?

Training up a child requires collective effort of both the parents and the society, and in our new world the effect of the society on a child is larger than that of the parents.

Until it happens to your child that's when you will know that marlians are bunch of crazy fellows.
Don't mind the delusional fellow
Re: Marlians Cult: The Mother Should Be Blamed For Poor Upbringing, Not Naira Marley by ibechris(m): 8:08pm On Jan 13, 2020
Very soon this guy will be eliminated just like the FBI killed 2pac and Biggy Smooth alias notorious BIG.

Anything that will affect the state should be taken off.
Re: Marlians Cult: The Mother Should Be Blamed For Poor Upbringing, Not Naira Marley by TyDimplez: 8:08pm On Jan 13, 2020
I believe it's a cook-up story until I see real evidence (pic of the letter) and somewhere in the letter has child of Zion, laila (immediately after).
She got motivation to post it on her FB
Re: Marlians Cult: The Mother Should Be Blamed For Poor Upbringing, Not Naira Marley by shogsman(m): 8:09pm On Jan 13, 2020
kiyosaki1:

It is people like you that the mother is trying to keep her daughter from,a celebrity should lead by example cos this kids look up to them.
Re: Marlians Cult: The Mother Should Be Blamed For Poor Upbringing, Not Naira Marley by traihit: 8:11pm On Jan 13, 2020
What the op wrote is exactly what is wrong with our world today. The "I-know-alls" of our world who think criticising asocial behaviour is a form of hypocrisy while the asocial behaviour itself is tolerated.
So because I don't want to be a hypocrite, I should keep quiet while we keep on doing things that will keep tearing our society apart? Do you call it being "oneself" when we glorify all the moral decadence nowadays? If you call it being oneself, you're invariably saying we are animals because it is only animals that don't have self control. If anyone therefore want to totally be themselves, then they're animals. The ability to reason logically and control our behaviors is what makes us humans.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Ufedo Sunshine: I've Lost Many Roles For Denying Producers Sex / Agbani Darego Suffers Bra Malfunction At Sister’s Wedding / Oluwaseni Saraki Appointed Chairman Of A Football Club

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 69
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.