Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,954 members, 7,817,797 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 07:56 PM

Marlians Cult: The Mother Should Be Blamed For Poor Upbringing, Not Naira Marley - Celebrities (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Marlians Cult: The Mother Should Be Blamed For Poor Upbringing, Not Naira Marley (60524 Views)

“i'm Not Naira Marley O” - Nigerian Man Cries Out On The Social Media(pics,vid) / Ozioma Onuzulike: Naira Marley, The Deadly Virus & His Marlians Cult / Who Is To Be Blamed For P'square Split? Peter, Paul, Jude, The Wives? (Result) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Marlians Cult: The Mother Should Be Blamed For Poor Upbringing, Not Naira Marley by Khaleell001(m): 11:11pm On Jan 13, 2020
Gudlite:

There is nothing like truth here, from your comment,You are yet to be a parent

As a growing child,you were doing many things behind your parents. This era of mobile phone is destroying both adults and children, your phone will make you closer to people that are far from you and far from people closer to you. Many as cult members can be meeting through group chat,

The guy is just spitting nonsense and some morally deprived souls are suporting his upside down reasoning.

It shows he has no kid, that's why he choose to support his own definition of "truth"
Re: Marlians Cult: The Mother Should Be Blamed For Poor Upbringing, Not Naira Marley by fruqy(m): 11:17pm On Jan 13, 2020
kiyosaki1:
I read: My Daughter Is In Marlians Cult And She Doesn't Wear Pant To School - Mother Cries Out https://www.nairaland.com/5627708/marlians-cult-daughter-doesnt-wear with dismay various comments and solidarity given to the fail mother, who failed in her parenting duty, ascribing the failure in her duty as a mother to the influence of Naira Marely. The same way our politicians ascribe the failure in the governance to past administration. We can all see where she picked up her bulk passing behaviour.

There are many ills in our society that are going on, and which the children can easily pick up from the social media, the various cable TV, the peer group and so forth, brimming with ills.

These teenagers have access to them and can influence them when making choices, but it's the duty of parents to teach their wards what norms and values expected of them.

In the western world that's even worse, we had kids that are well behave and are not influenced by the ill of the society. So for a mother to come out to ascribe her child's negative behaviour to a person or celebrity is exposing to the whole world her failure in her duty. I expected her to be reprimanded and not the icon.

The last time I checked, Nigeria is still a free society, and not a sharia governed society, and for those reprimanding the Marlians, may be we should call for a full blown sharia in all state in the country, so our kids can be well behaved so much for the moral police bunch of hypocrites.

Dude STFU.

This is nonsense. Someone is a musician and his job is not just to entertain but to also be a good ambassador to the younger ones.
The parents, no matter how hard they try, it's left to the society to finish the work unless they decide not to let the child go out anymore which isn't possible.
Blame a stupid music industry, blame a failed country, blame the girl and her friends too.

Raising a child in Nigeria isn't like it used to be in the days. You'll know when you have your own children. Children of nowadays have turned to sth else.

Unless you're in their shoes, don't blame them entirely.

Your words are that of an amateur.

Sharia or no Sharia, some people will still choose to be wayward.
Re: Marlians Cult: The Mother Should Be Blamed For Poor Upbringing, Not Naira Marley by Brightgem(f): 11:28pm On Jan 13, 2020
neolboy:
Musicians who give us good lyrics are they mad?

Training up a child requires collective effort of both the parents and the society, and in our new world the effect of the society on a child is larger than that of the parents.

Until it happens to your child that's when you will know that marlians are bunch of crazy fellows.
Thank God your post made first page, cuz this OP post has K-leg!

Naira Marley is seriously a bad influence. We wey be moral police them go dey call us hypocrites, when this is obviously one of the ways Moral Decadence comes back for us.

The rate at which Nigerian society is decaying is sickening. Content creators can't seem to do anything without bringing in sex, same with music and films.

Many are well trained at home but pick wrong behavior outside.

1 Like

Re: Marlians Cult: The Mother Should Be Blamed For Poor Upbringing, Not Naira Marley by Brightgem(f): 11:32pm On Jan 13, 2020
kiyosaki1:

One of the expected characteristics of a good parent, is to be able to inculcate good morals on their wards, no matter the circumstances.

Our children always look up to us parent as a role model first of all , copy our behaviour, before an outsider can influence them. If the children noticed any inconsistent in our behaviour ,they tend to lose their trust in us,and so they look outside for help.
There are so many parents that had no time for the children because of work demand ,in such cases they yielded to outside influence, in any way you might look at it ,the girl in questioned is a product of failed parenthood .
oh lord! What sort of reasoning is this? Anyways using your own theory do you agree then that the Naira Marley himself, and all other artist famous for their lewd ways are all results of failed parenting?

If yes, what facts do you have to back that up, have you been to their homes, know their parents?

Many people are well brought up by their parents, or how do you explain siblings from the same parents, brought up same way, the right way, yet one turns out good and upright and the other one wayward? Is that still failed parenting?
Re: Marlians Cult: The Mother Should Be Blamed For Poor Upbringing, Not Naira Marley by Auntyesther(f): 11:46pm On Jan 13, 2020
Emilokoiyawon:
There was no immorality in Nigeria until Naira Marley came from UK. Nigerian girls were not going to school pataless until Naira Marley. They were not opening their legs for mechanics until Naira returned to Nigeria. Naira Marley is the source of all immorality in Nigeria.

Lets keep fooling ourselves. After all that is what we are very good at doing in this part of the world.
i actually spent valuable time reading and analyzing this hogwash you wrote here and i must congratulate you sir; it will be an error on my part if i don't.... You just succeded in making a null point and furthermore, giving the phrase "old in age but young in mind and maybe brains its well deserved meaning!
Re: Marlians Cult: The Mother Should Be Blamed For Poor Upbringing, Not Naira Marley by ImaIma1(f): 12:10am On Jan 14, 2020
kiyosaki1:

Marley is an entertainer yes, he reels out what a moral police like yourseif, judges to be non conformity with the the norm of your so righteous society" which is very perfect" .The last time I checked, the control button is still on the dstv remote and ,as a parent you have the right to buy Internet enable phone for your wards or not to buy at all. May be you don't know parenting goes beyond providing for the needs of your children alone, but to whip them in line ,and to behave according to your set standards . America is a worst society where we have hundreds of naira marely , but we still have millions of teenagers that are not swayed by the so call bad influencers in the society, mainly thanks to good parenting jobs. Am not arguing about Wether marely is a saint or not ,that's not our cocern as a parent, but our main concern is to make sure that our wards are not sway by this so called wolf's out there ,since they would always be there.
If the mother does her duty well as a parent in the first instance, there are tendecies that her child can never, I repeat be swayed by the negatives out there, you can see now that the fault squarely rest with the bulk passing mum.

Are you saying ALL wayward children were not brought up well?

What would you then say about a family with children taught the same values, yet one still strays? You know that happens right?
Re: Marlians Cult: The Mother Should Be Blamed For Poor Upbringing, Not Naira Marley by Pafexin(m): 4:06am On Jan 14, 2020
Khaleell001:

I think we have more people in here who have actually lost it.

I guess you would allow your sister, wife(if you are married) or even mother to go pantless since its cool?
How about that?

This is how people fail exam... If you know why they choose to go pantless on those days say it, instead of talking about wife and mother. You see where you lost it too right? MR. SABI ALL! Next time stay within the boundaries. It's teens we are talking about here, married man. angry
Re: Marlians Cult: The Mother Should Be Blamed For Poor Upbringing, Not Naira Marley by sunshine1974(m): 5:21am On Jan 14, 2020
Immorality already existed in Nigeria before the coming of naira Marley, but the chain weed smoker "igbolabi" came to add salt and pepper. In other words, he came to worsen the situation of things. This Marlian movement must be stopped before it consumes our youths. Naira Marley is a bad example.
Re: Marlians Cult: The Mother Should Be Blamed For Poor Upbringing, Not Naira Marley by jpride(m): 6:40am On Jan 14, 2020
kiyosaki1:

One of the expected characteristics of a good parent, is to be able to inculcate good morals on their wards, no matter the circumstances.

Our children always look up to us parent as a role model first of all , copy our behaviour, before an outsider can influence them. If the children noticed any inconsistent in our behaviour ,they tend to lose their trust in us,and so they look outside for help.
There are so many parents that had no time for the children because of work demand ,in such cases they yielded to outside influence, in any way you might look at it ,the girl in questioned is a product of failed parenthood .
Stop being unreasonable and wait till you get one
Re: Marlians Cult: The Mother Should Be Blamed For Poor Upbringing, Not Naira Marley by emmahoney(m): 6:49am On Jan 14, 2020
The OP is definitely an hypocrite or inexperience. It takes a society to raise a child, children can easily hide their bad behaviour from their parents. However, such child will always feel the heat of their actions more than their parents eventually; especially in a situation whereby such parents have other children that are well behaved.
Re: Marlians Cult: The Mother Should Be Blamed For Poor Upbringing, Not Naira Marley by Nobody: 6:53am On Jan 14, 2020
I do not support the marlian cult,but the real problem isn't naira Marley.The friends your children have also contribute to their ills.
Re: Marlians Cult: The Mother Should Be Blamed For Poor Upbringing, Not Naira Marley by Nobody: 7:02am On Jan 14, 2020
And the way you mentor your child from infancy also matters.
Re: Marlians Cult: The Mother Should Be Blamed For Poor Upbringing, Not Naira Marley by Sommydisaster(m): 7:42am On Jan 14, 2020
dangotesmummy:
tuface has influenced the youth,sunny ade, Ebenezer obey, Orlando (of blessed memory.even in death),christien essien,onyeka onwenu ,kwam 1etc

As we have good artists,we also have the bad ones too

Good morning

I strongly doubt this sir

2face failed us when we needed him the most.....

Meanwhile check out my signature and thread for beautiful offers on electronics
Re: Marlians Cult: The Mother Should Be Blamed For Poor Upbringing, Not Naira Marley by Fivepercent: 7:53am On Jan 14, 2020
If you're talking about that one time he was suppose to be the face of a cause he didn't start then stop..

Sommydisaster:

Good morning

1 Like

Re: Marlians Cult: The Mother Should Be Blamed For Poor Upbringing, Not Naira Marley by Khaleell001(m): 7:55am On Jan 14, 2020
Pafexin:

This is how people fail exam... If you know why they choose to go pantless on those days say it, instead of talking about wife and mother. You see where you lost it too right? MR. SABI ALL! Next time stay within the boundaries. It's teens we are talking about here, married man. angry

I only answered you based on your call to freedom to do as one pleases.
So save your saliva.
You can see clearly that you were just jiving.
Re: Marlians Cult: The Mother Should Be Blamed For Poor Upbringing, Not Naira Marley by eghesman: 8:21am On Jan 14, 2020
kiyosaki1:

Marley is an entertainer yes, he reels out what a moral police like yourseif, judges to be non conformity with the the norm of your so righteous society" which is very perfect" .The last time I checked, the control button is still on the dstv remote and ,as a parent you have the right to buy Internet enable phone for your wards or not to buy at all. May be you don't know parenting goes beyond providing for the needs of your children alone, but to whip them in line ,and to behave according to your set standards . America is a worst society where we have hundreds of naira marely , but we still have millions of teenagers that are not swayed by the so call bad influencers in the society, mainly thanks to good parenting jobs. Am not arguing about Wether marely is a saint or not ,that's not our cocern as a parent, but our main concern is to make sure that our wards are not sway by this so called wolf's out there ,since they would always be there.
If the mother does her duty well as a parent in the first instance, there are tendecies that her child can never, I repeat be swayed by the negatives out there, you can see now that the fault squarely rest with the bulk passing mum.

Abeg the mama dey follow her pikin go school abi make she no give her small freedom to make friends or associate U see it takes a village to bring up a child u know!... What we hear on the street cannot be controlled by one's parents, if not I for no dey listen to lil Wayne, Nicki Minaj and rick ross songs Wey dey about sex and drug trafficking when I dey secondary school.... Buh the environment Wey I for grow up teach me say all those things no dey pay... Peer pressure fit make her turn for the worst because she wan belong... Parents no fit choose who dia children dey roll with because the pikin get the sole right to choose who Dem go dey follow waka.. Abi ur P men run screening for ur friends?
Re: Marlians Cult: The Mother Should Be Blamed For Poor Upbringing, Not Naira Marley by Caseless: 8:38am On Jan 14, 2020
neolboy:
Musicians who give us good lyrics are they mad?

Training up a child requires collective effort of both the parents and the society, and in our new world the effect of the society on a child is larger than that of the parents.

Until it happens to your child that's when you will know that marlians are bunch of crazy fellows.
don't mind the dirty op forming marlian.
Re: Marlians Cult: The Mother Should Be Blamed For Poor Upbringing, Not Naira Marley by dangotesmummy: 8:40am On Jan 14, 2020
Sommydisaster:

Good morning

I very much understand your point but don't forget his life and that of his family was at stake and if you look at it critically, Nigerian youths are not worth fighting for.look at sowore for example.how many youths that he was fighting for stood up for him

My dear when the chips are down, naija youths will back off from your case and it will only become your problem and that of your family as in the sowore case

Tuface has likely counted his cost,he knows Nigerian youths will go for money over integrity.when the matter doju e, some politicians will call the leaders of those doing the protest to take money and give us tuface head and we all know what typical Nigerians will do.na so they go just assassinate the guy.weve seen this happen over and over again.ita because Nigerians worship money and would readily trade their name and what they stand for that politicians have been able to destroy every kind of revolution in nigeria.they know it's all about money.check history
Re: Marlians Cult: The Mother Should Be Blamed For Poor Upbringing, Not Naira Marley by godwingenesis472(m): 8:52am On Jan 14, 2020
NoraPibowei:
Pikin wey won spoil go spoil,a mother is not only the parent responsible in catering for her child,there is a father too.

Wetin people no knw b say

Everybody get choice, weda ur parents d dier or not, person wey 1 spoil go spoil, but parents and social influence d fuel wetin d people heart.

Bad music nai b wetin people wan d here...

Try play Christian song may u see person wey say im b christian d call you pastor...

This world don spoil, but hope d for people wey go make d right choice...

Re: Marlians Cult: The Mother Should Be Blamed For Poor Upbringing, Not Naira Marley by innokrist1(m): 8:55am On Jan 14, 2020
dangotesmummy:
Marley is at fault

He's an entertainer and he knows majority of his fans are young ones so he should use his power over the minds of the youth to instill positive values instead of sex and drugs but unfortunately look what we have

After all the mother banned Marley songs in her house,she go ban am for her school or streets again?
Re: Marlians Cult: The Mother Should Be Blamed For Poor Upbringing, Not Naira Marley by Sommydisaster(m): 10:50am On Jan 14, 2020
dangotesmummy:
I very much understand your point but don't forget his life and that of his family was at stake and if you look at it critically, Nigerian youths are not worth fighting for.look at sowore for example.how many youths that he was fighting for stood up for him

My dear when the chips are down, naija youths will back off from your case and it will only become your problem and that of your family as in the sowore case

Tuface has likely counted his cost,he knows Nigerian youths will go for money over integrity.when the matter doju e, some politicians will call the leaders of those doing the protest to take money and give us tuface head and we all know what typical Nigerians will do.na so they go just assassinate the guy.weve seen this happen over and over again.ita because Nigerians worship money and would readily trade their name and what they stand for that politicians have been able to destroy every kind of revolution in nigeria.they know it's all about money.check history

Bros lemme clear you on something, apparently you made clear sense on what you said......... If naira marley had stood up like 2 face do you know the country will back him up

That guy has a very good fan base, and trust me with time he might do what 2face and sowore couldn't do

That guy is ready to die for the people, which sowore or 2face couldn't do

No disrespect to the latter...... They both was incredibly greet with their perspectives

Re: Marlians Cult: The Mother Should Be Blamed For Poor Upbringing, Not Naira Marley by redsun(m): 11:08am On Jan 14, 2020
Brightgem:
Thank God your post made first page, cuz this OP post has K-leg!

Naira Marley is seriously a bad influence. We wey be moral police them go dey call us hypocrites, when this is obviously one of the ways Moral Decadence comes back for us.

The rate at which Nigerian society is decaying is sickening. Content creators can't seem to do anything without bringing in sex, same with music and films.

Many are well trained at home but pick wrong behavior outside.

Nigeria is an immoral and irrational society and it's been so since the so-called independence. The difference now is that the so-called youths are rebelling against the old ways with a new wave of ignorance.

The youths are the reflection of the elders. You cant plant cocoyam the expectations of getting yam in harvest.
Re: Marlians Cult: The Mother Should Be Blamed For Poor Upbringing, Not Naira Marley by KennyGO(f): 11:56am On Jan 14, 2020
As far as Nigerian culture (esp. Yoruba) is concerned, parenting a child is a 'community-sponsored project.' Yet the parents play a primary, then we have relatives, neighbours, teachers, peers, and the society at large.

I've come to discover that the society and the internet are fast taking over from parents. Check the theme of the movies and music you allow in your home. Dirty contents. We just assume those things are mere entertainments, but they go a long way to influence the mind of our chilldren. Once they grow with such contents, they might find such in reality in their lives.

Let all parents who still have little kids kick out dirty entertainments from their homes

https://huntersinternational.org/2020/01/12/general/parenting-advice-how-to-raise-an-obedient-child

1 Like

Re: Marlians Cult: The Mother Should Be Blamed For Poor Upbringing, Not Naira Marley by KennyGO(f): 11:58am On Jan 14, 2020
redsun:

Nigeria is an immoral and irrational society and it's been so since the so-called independence. The difference now is that the so-called youths are rebelling against the old ways with a new wave of ignorance.

The youths are the reflection of the elders. You cant plant cocoyam the expectations of getting yam in harvest.

You're right!
Re: Marlians Cult: The Mother Should Be Blamed For Poor Upbringing, Not Naira Marley by dangotesmummy: 12:11pm On Jan 14, 2020
Sommydisaster:

Bros lemme clear you on something, apparently you made clear sense on what you said......... If naira marley had stood up like 2 face do you know the country will back him up

That guy has a very good fan base, and trust me with time he might do what 2face and sowore couldn't do

That guy is ready to die for the people, which sowore or 2face couldn't do

No disrespect to the latter...... They both was incredibly greet with their perspectives

Marley is not standing up for anybody.he is making his own money.hes not serving anyone's interest
Re: Marlians Cult: The Mother Should Be Blamed For Poor Upbringing, Not Naira Marley by Billyanger(m): 1:42pm On Jan 14, 2020
cry cry cry

Funny how most people don't understand what level of manipulation and control the society have…you won't blame parents if you understand. A child has many teachers(Social and Mass Media also one of the many), the one that has the higher influence will dominate no matter what…what will you say about "Pastors children that become fraudsters, hoodlums and smokers" thier parents also fails? Some of the Politicians Parent also failed? Please not all parents fail…Society and Civilization has a mounting pressure (beign a Marlian is one of them) it puts on young people especially, that even most of you all have the slightest understanding of.…until you become a parent you may understand more.
Re: Marlians Cult: The Mother Should Be Blamed For Poor Upbringing, Not Naira Marley by Sommydisaster(m): 1:45pm On Jan 14, 2020
dangotesmummy:
Marley is not standing up for anybody.he is making his own money.hes not serving anyone's interest

Soon he will virtually do grin
Re: Marlians Cult: The Mother Should Be Blamed For Poor Upbringing, Not Naira Marley by dangotesmummy: 1:51pm On Jan 14, 2020
Sommydisaster:

Soon he will virtually do grin
by smoking weed publicly?
Re: Marlians Cult: The Mother Should Be Blamed For Poor Upbringing, Not Naira Marley by Sommydisaster(m): 1:57pm On Jan 14, 2020
dangotesmummy:
by smoking weed publicly?
grin grin grin
Just mark this word sha
Re: Marlians Cult: The Mother Should Be Blamed For Poor Upbringing, Not Naira Marley by akunsk(m): 2:59pm On Jan 14, 2020
Marlians, Are They Cultist?

Marlians! I guess you must have heard of the movement, but what I can assure you is that you haven’t heard of the Marlian cult.

Who is a Marlian?
This is recent youthful movement gaining ground across Nigeria. According to the urban dictionary, A Marlian is any real follower of the controversial Nigerian singer, Naira Marley. On the surface, this definition seems to cover what it is to be a Marlian but doesn’t cut it for true Marlians. A Marlian is a Naira Marley Stan — It is often said that a true Marlian follow and obey the lifestyle and tenets of Naira Marley.

So who is this Marley? Well we know who Bob Marley is…He is the Original Marley. He was a Jamaican raised singer and songwriter born on (6 February 1945-11 May 1981). Bob Marley was a fighter and a lover of freedom. He joined the Rastafarian movement which emerged in Jamaica in the 1930s. Rastafari, also known as Rastafarianism, is an Abrahamic religion that developed in Jamaica during the 1930s. It is classified as both a new religious movement and a social movement by scholars of religion. Bob Marley joined the movement in regards to using “wisdom...

Read More; https://everyevery.ng/marlians-are-they-cultist/

kiyosaki1:
I read: My Daughter Is In Marlians Cult And She Doesn't Wear Pant To School - Mother Cries Out https://www.nairaland.com/5627708/marlians-cult-daughter-doesnt-wear with dismay various comments and solidarity given to the fail mother, who failed in her parenting duty, ascribing the failure in her duty as a mother to the influence of Naira Marely. The same way our politicians ascribe the failure in the governance to past administration. We can all see where she picked up her bulk passing behaviour.

There are many ills in our society that are going on, and which the children can easily pick up from the social media, the various cable TV, the peer group and so forth, brimming with ills.

These teenagers have access to them and can influence them when making choices, but it's the duty of parents to teach their wards what norms and values expected of them.

In the western world that's even worse, we had kids that are well behave and are not influenced by the ill of the society. So for a mother to come out to ascribe her child's negative behaviour to a person or celebrity is exposing to the whole world her failure in her duty. I expected her to be reprimanded and not the icon.

The last time I checked, Nigeria is still a free society, and not a sharia governed society, and for those reprimanding the Marlians, may be we should call for a full blown sharia in all state in the country, so our kids can be well behaved so much for the moral police bunch of hypocrites.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Agbani Darego Suffers Bra Malfunction At Sister’s Wedding / P'Square party with their wives, Akon, Tony Elumelu / Oluwaseni Saraki Appointed Chairman Of A Football Club

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 89
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.