Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,942 members, 7,817,765 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 06:57 PM

Having A Brother As An American Citizen! What Are My Benefits? - Travel (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Having A Brother As An American Citizen! What Are My Benefits? (53793 Views)

An American Woman Flies To Nigeria For Her First Meeting With Online Boyfriend / I Just Gave Birth To An American Baby!!! Please Rejoice With Me Guys!!! / My Dad Is An American Citizen,does That Make Me One? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Having A Brother As An American Citizen! What Are My Benefits? by Esdb3: 12:41am On Jan 14, 2020
CaptMarvel:
I'm just curious to know.
I would like to be more enlightened on this.

If my brother, I meant my own blood brother becomes an American citizen, I as a Nigerian, what do I stand to gain from it?

Will it increase my chances of traveling to America, will I have better chances to gain from institutions there, or and what other benefits do I stand to gain.

Dear entitled Nigerian,

Your brother's American citizenship is HIS citizenship, not yours. It holds no benefit for you automatically.

1 Like

Re: Having A Brother As An American Citizen! What Are My Benefits? by watchindelta(m): 12:42am On Jan 14, 2020
lagdmark:

Which country in Europe do you have a guarantee of a Visa because one of your siblings is acitizen, definitely not in Germany. Maybe in Albania or Romania
is Albania eu undecided if you have passport and working, with the necessary documents i said 80% sure visa. Some ppl will stay at one room and want to invite someone.
Re: Having A Brother As An American Citizen! What Are My Benefits? by damzy88: 12:46am On Jan 14, 2020
chigoizie7:

Hmmm, most people do not know what it feels like to be abroad.

Some people think that being there is easy.

Just because he changed $100 and sent to you, you think he has it all?

To be sincere, that $100 could be a lot to you down in naija. But it is nothing to him that is there. It can’t even pay his rent for a month, water, gas,electricity bills for a month.

You think it is easy for them? Surviving on their own is a big deal talk more of bringing a second party.

My brother. In as much as we rise by lifting others, but never have it at the back of your mind that anyone owes you anything. Nobody owes you shi shi.

If person dash you money, accept, if they do not, do not hold it against them, because they do not have two heads.

If person help you, be grateful, if person no come help you, nwanne move on, they do not owe you any help.

You see this mentality of entitlement? That is what is killing us in naija. This person should help me, but he is not, he is wicked. Lie lie, they are not wicked.

If they tell you what they pass through.

Shebi if you go city go hustle and ee no go well, you go see who you go borrow transport take enter villa come begin farm. You see them abroad? If ginger catch them, it is either they turn to street begger or they starve, no one send them there, this is not a case of I no wan stay again, make I go back to village, nwanne who wan give an money for ticket?

All I am saying is that, na patch patch all of us de do. Forget say when they wan visit, them go come fresh up, yes, the weather is good. They buy few new clothes. You see some of these faded color clothes, we de rock am, but you do not expect us to snap pics with them and post on social media.

Ee fit be say, ee no easy for your brother. No reason am.

Some are scared that once they bring you, you go begin mess up, if you get police case, na their head ee go land, if him talk say make him bone you and your case, people at home will call him evil.

There are so many reasons, why some won’t bring you there.

Find something and do for yourself,

You can also apply for visa for various countries, the same way that your brother did that time. Na the same head wey him carry na Im you too carry.
You have said it all.
Re: Having A Brother As An American Citizen! What Are My Benefits? by Beautyaddy: 12:56am On Jan 14, 2020
internationalman:
Me that my mother is a citizen since 5 years ago now I'm still here in Nigeria despite all efforts to migrate me..

But OP your chances of traveling to america one day is high since your brother is a citizen over there.

I hope you are not one of those that has been supporting Iran against america

oh really? very unfortunate this is happening to you.

what's the delay if you care to share?

Your mother should be able to petition an immigrants visa through the family sponsor visa for you.
Re: Having A Brother As An American Citizen! What Are My Benefits? by Beautyaddy: 12:59am On Jan 14, 2020
internationalman:

I guess it's only a mother one can truly depend on in this life after God

Not true.

There are fathers that will petition immigrants visas for their children...responsible fathers though.
Re: Having A Brother As An American Citizen! What Are My Benefits? by lagdmark(m): 1:12am On Jan 14, 2020
watchindelta:
is Albania eu undecided if you have passport and working, with the necessary documents i said 80% sure visa. Some ppl will stay at one room and want to invite someone.
There is no " sure" visa in Europe for siblings, unless for your (children under 18, husband or wife) family re-nion. If you like work at European Central bank. Don't scam anyone. You can invite a family member, bu the embassy has the final say, no guarantee of visa!

1 Like

Re: Having A Brother As An American Citizen! What Are My Benefits? by SoNature(m): 1:20am On Jan 14, 2020
payperpost:

you will get money if he die in the war front, so encourage him to join the US Army , have you seen the movie OSHOFIA IN LONDON?

i hope you are not trying to strangle him to death when he come visiting because Americans will investigate you and be sure the cause of his death and send you to jail.

People like you are not supposed to have access to the Internet.

You vomit poison

1 Like

Re: Having A Brother As An American Citizen! What Are My Benefits? by EgunMogaji2: 1:58am On Jan 14, 2020
CaptMarvel:

If my brother, I meant my own blood brother becomes an American citizen, I as a Nigerian, what do I stand to gain from it?

Will it increase my chances of traveling to America, will I have better chances to gain from institutions there, or and what other benefits do I stand to gain.

You’re eligible to apply for a green card. This will give you the right to live and work in the USA.

The road is long and winding, but it’s a road nonetheless.

https://www.uscis.gov/greencard/eligibility-categories

1 Like

Re: Having A Brother As An American Citizen! What Are My Benefits? by EgunMogaji2: 2:10am On Jan 14, 2020
On an unrelated note. I met someone whom the village people’s work on her was strong.

I met this girl whom her mother moved to the US with a new husband after their father died. All her siblings were later approved by the embassy and went on to join the mother. Her own application got stuck and she aged out. Personally I think she should/could have gotten a lawyer and challenged this.

Anyways, this girl no gree make I marry her o. I have to become a member of her church, tried to introduce me to “Daddy GO”, etc but I’m not a religious freak like that.

Then I wanted to help her get admission to a school there. All she had to do was fill me in on her data and get her transcripts, etc That one na another wahala.

I wonder if she ever made it to the USA.
Re: Having A Brother As An American Citizen! What Are My Benefits? by SFSNIPER(m): 2:11am On Jan 14, 2020
J111333:
He can get you a green card visa earlier than an average US citizen if he files immigration papers for you.

What's your bro's rank? Any idea?
A Captain
Re: Having A Brother As An American Citizen! What Are My Benefits? by Enemyofpeace: 2:18am On Jan 14, 2020
IamCookie:
Yorubas' usually say , "ajumobi o ko ti aanu ,eniti oluwa ba ran sini ni seni laanu. This saying may be translated (roughly done)as , rendering assistance or helping a fellow brother or sister is not must (even if na same mother ,same father) , it is only those assigned by God to be of help to you that will make it happen)
you've answered the guy's question correctly

1 Like

Re: Having A Brother As An American Citizen! What Are My Benefits? by seangy4konji: 2:39am On Jan 14, 2020
Not a single one of my family is not a us or UK citizen apart from myself and one you her sister out of over 25 sibbkinga both bloid related and distant cousins niece and nephews. Everybody patapata uses red passport blue passport up to Irish passport...

My sister just set foot out of Nigeria last year December to Dubai, Kenya and some few African contries...na me use my money collect Nigeria passport deh arrange visa on top am small small...why I go wait 10 to 15 years for one stupid filling...I have made a promise to God the next time u step foot out of Nigeria and after I see ticket money and accommodation money?I am never. Coming to Nigeria...they all say no money no money while they spend millions buying exotic cars and exotic trips...

U are on your own in life..

3 Likes

Re: Having A Brother As An American Citizen! What Are My Benefits? by Macon1212: 2:44am On Jan 14, 2020
PaulSimon2020:
He can file I-130 for you but the wait time for Nigeria is like 10yrs right now. If you are young, that will definitely favor you but if you are old already, then there is no benefit for you! grin grin

10 years! It's a lie, l am in USA l filed for someone it doesn't take long.

1 Like

Re: Having A Brother As An American Citizen! What Are My Benefits? by TotoNaRubber: 2:50am On Jan 14, 2020
Wait for him to learn American accent so he can speak it to you, that will be your gain.

Re: Having A Brother As An American Citizen! What Are My Benefits? by Teeklef(m): 2:54am On Jan 14, 2020
TotoNaRubber:
Wait for him to learn American accent so he can speak it to you, that will be your gain.

Damn!!! You say whatttttt?
Re: Having A Brother As An American Citizen! What Are My Benefits? by mufutau55(m): 2:56am On Jan 14, 2020
CaptMarvel:

If your brother file legal papers for you to migrate to USA, it can take between 15-20 years before they get to your file.

Hajji M.

1 Like

Re: Having A Brother As An American Citizen! What Are My Benefits? by Cousin9999: 3:05am On Jan 14, 2020
klever18:
wtf?even the mother of an American soldier was deported back to Mexico so stfu

Not the same. No one likes Mexicans. Nigerians are hard-working and value education. Americans generally appreciate Nigerian hustle. They admire and respect it.

Mexicans go to America to depress wages, overwhelm emergency rooms, steal identities, commit violent crime, deal drugs, traffick women and children, get on welfare for generations, be racist af, and more unsavory things.

Nigerians go to work and study.

3 Likes

Re: Having A Brother As An American Citizen! What Are My Benefits? by abbey621(m): 3:06am On Jan 14, 2020
Macon1212:

When you file for a sibling it could take up to 15 years because they are not counted as immediate family member.

1 Like

Re: Having A Brother As An American Citizen! What Are My Benefits? by Nobody: 3:15am On Jan 14, 2020
Macon1212:

Dude, Google is your friend and stop arguing blindly. For you to file I-130 for your siblings, it currently takes between 95 to 123.5 months, which is about 10yrs!

https://egov.uscis.gov/processing-times/

https://www.nairaland.com/3979737/nvc-processing-stage-u-family#59339010
Re: Having A Brother As An American Citizen! What Are My Benefits? by AreaFada2: 3:17am On Jan 14, 2020
Macon1212:

So how long does it take roughly? Is Trump not about changing family green card stuff?
Re: Having A Brother As An American Citizen! What Are My Benefits? by sharone21(f): 3:23am On Jan 14, 2020
CaptMarvel:

This is what a guy did to help his brother:

He helped him find a good girl who his younger brother 'chatted up' and got intimate with her, the lady came and they wedded and soon, he travelled to USA( he prayed too o).

Your brother can offer his place for up to 3months when u arrive so u can settle well, while he helps u with accommodation.

However, while u are here waiting, learn the following:

Hair dressing, fashion designing, Catering, coffin making(millionaires in USA), Nursing/Occupational Therapy, Physical Therapy and related courses( all these medical courses- if u have ENOUGH TIME).
Re: Having A Brother As An American Citizen! What Are My Benefits? by Nobody: 4:00am On Jan 14, 2020
SFSNIPER:

A Captain
If he is in San Diego CA, I'll definitely know him. Just got promoted from his rank and I know all junior to midlevel commissioned officers of Nigerian origin.
Re: Having A Brother As An American Citizen! What Are My Benefits? by ehiabj(f): 4:54am On Jan 14, 2020
Your brother can file for you, it's takes 7years to process. Go and read the US immigration law.
Re: Having A Brother As An American Citizen! What Are My Benefits? by Softness147: 5:22am On Jan 14, 2020
Absolutely nothing apart from what they call brother/sister visa. Ur citizen siblING will file for u to get green card,it will take 10 years for it to be granted.You will automatically get PR right from Nigeria.
Google about it.

I hv 5 of them there.there . nothing apart from the above mentioned. Even IV is not automatic visa issuing.
Re: Having A Brother As An American Citizen! What Are My Benefits? by Sam3263: 5:52am On Jan 14, 2020
NIGERIAN CUSTOM RECRUITMENT PAST QUESTIONS NOW AVAILABLE ON WASSAPP.

DID YOU GET INVITED FOR NIGERIAN CUSTOM RECRUITMENT AND NEED PAST QUESTIONS AND ANSWERS?

MESSAGE ME ON WASSAP :
Zero seven zero eight six two six eight five three seven

Best regards
Doze career bookstore
Re: Having A Brother As An American Citizen! What Are My Benefits? by apach4ever(m): 6:01am On Jan 14, 2020
Macon1212:

After the case has been approved, the wait for F4 visa is as long as 14 years, these are verifiable facts. The good thing about it is that it will cover the beneficiary and any immediate family members i.e. his spouse and minor kids under the age of 21.

1 Like

Re: Having A Brother As An American Citizen! What Are My Benefits? by chydon22: 6:07am On Jan 14, 2020
CaptMarvel:

Bros, there is zero benefit. If your brother is in the military u wud have good benefit only if he includes your name as one of POA(s). If your parent are US citizens, they can file for you, provided you are under 21 years. You wil migrate after 10years plus due to priority due date. Takes up to 15yrs now. But if u wana come to US as soon as one year or less and have legal document too, marry a US citizen. Try to look beyond your brother. Your brother can’t help u bc the system here does not support it. If he give u invitation letter, when u visit, u wud stay as undocumented after which u wud become a burden to him. Pls do not blame your sibs for not helping u migrate to state. It is due to d condition of d system. Try to channel your mind on other skills and moving to usa would be added when least expected. Jay writing from NY, USA
Re: Having A Brother As An American Citizen! What Are My Benefits? by ogundeleai(m): 6:23am On Jan 14, 2020
Righteousness89:

Did you Understand op QUestion?
.... Far from it
Re: Having A Brother As An American Citizen! What Are My Benefits? by miketayo(m): 6:33am On Jan 14, 2020
payperpost:

you will get money if he die in the war front, so encourage him to join the US Army , have you seen the movie OSHOFIA IN LONDON?

i hope you are not trying to strangle him to death when he come visiting because Americans will investigate you and be sure the cause of his death and send you to jail.

Wat is this one saying
Re: Having A Brother As An American Citizen! What Are My Benefits? by masterflowx(m): 6:39am On Jan 14, 2020
post=85770379:
ABSOLUTELY NOTHING!!

Run your own race in life!
Nobody owes you anything.

All these self entitlement rubbish will do you no good at the end of the day, it will only make you lazy by shouting everywhere, "my broda dey 'for the' abroad, my broda na citizen"!

He will only help you if God place it on his mind to do,
Help comes only from above!

Common, Go Hustle and make a life for yourself!!

Another lie from the pit of hell.

My first car came from Houston from my blood brother in year 2014.

Your fake life can also make your own family run for you.
You better turn a new leaf this new year.

So pitiful!
Re: Having A Brother As An American Citizen! What Are My Benefits? by Benwallt(m): 6:41am On Jan 14, 2020
4gunners:

Woman advantage. It's normal, that's the world we live in. Na why, If I dey hear feminism rant, I just laf.
they just want to trend by all means. They know in their guts that they are not equal to man. As for my brother I pray that God be with him because if he shld need my help,God! The way I go rubbish am. Better not imagined

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Final Words Of Pilot Of Crashed Ethiopian Airlines Plane Revealed / Meet Jasmine Harrison, The Youngest Female To Row Solo Across Atlantic Ocean / Amazing Borders Around The World (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.