Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,607 members, 7,812,993 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 02:01 AM

Ebun Okubanjo, CEO Of Lekki Fitness & Gym Centre Slams Customer - Business (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Ebun Okubanjo, CEO Of Lekki Fitness & Gym Centre Slams Customer (74189 Views)

Lily Adeleye: 5-Year-old Daughter Of Courtney Adeleye Is CEO Of Hair Accessories / Profile Of Allen Onyema (CEO Of Air Peace) / How Sandra Iheuwa Became CEO Of 5 Companies (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ebun Okubanjo, CEO Of Lekki Fitness & Gym Centre Slams Customer by perezski(m): 7:34pm On Jan 15, 2020
EgunMogaji2:
1) I don’t need the full gist

2) Any staff of mine that talks to a customer like this will be summarily terminated.

This CEO needs to go to:

1) Anger management classes and

2) Customer service boot camp.

If you have an irate customer, you don’t blow like an untrained chimpanzee, you treat it as per modern customer service protocol and then you terminate the relationship.

I’ve seen full fledged agberos with better control and disposition.

My opinion.
on this position you are wrong. You think humans are machines with no emotions. There are scenarios where the most educated and refined professionals with all your purportedly well behaved corporate training fiddlesticks will lose it, not because he/she is insane or lacks etiquette as you remarked but because there is always a degree of work related stress or pressure everyman(which includes the most corporate professional with all manner of etiquette) would condone before he/she unleashes the other human side which is sacrosanct to everyone. I have seen bosses' boss, managers, proprietors, most timid employees, coaches, footballers lose it completely and damned the consequences in order to set things straight not because they are vulgar, erratic or uncultured as you would interpret their actions. The problem with people like you is you think everyone should absorb verbal abuses, customer nuisances and bullies just to save face(corporate or business wise), which is not bad but I repeat to a certain degree or limit. Please don't be slave to work learn when to call shit.....Quit. Over!

13 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Ebun Okubanjo, CEO Of Lekki Fitness & Gym Centre Slams Customer by pocohantas(f): 7:34pm On Jan 15, 2020
EgunMogaji2:

Thank you for the offer but I’ll pass. I’m selective in who I f with in Nigeria with the dismal health care.

Have a wonderful evening though cheesy

Forget it, you can't even win them on this one. They think everything is by gragra. Everwhere we go, they know us when we talk or act. Agbero people grin

3 Likes

Re: Ebun Okubanjo, CEO Of Lekki Fitness & Gym Centre Slams Customer by Nobody: 7:34pm On Jan 15, 2020
This one wey resemble Al-Qaeda in suit.
Re: Ebun Okubanjo, CEO Of Lekki Fitness & Gym Centre Slams Customer by delishpot: 7:35pm On Jan 15, 2020
AfroKnight:

Yes, what she did was bullying as well as blackmail. The man is clearly the victim here.

Some customers (especially female ones) are quick to threaten people with video recording when you resist manipulation and bullying.

The man stood his ground and refused to be provoked to touch her. She was hoping so bad for a touch but man’s disappointed her. grin grin grin A man of discipline and culture. I should drink to that.

Odiegwu, pls pour me some drink too let me drink

1 Like

Re: Ebun Okubanjo, CEO Of Lekki Fitness & Gym Centre Slams Customer by Nobody: 7:36pm On Jan 15, 2020
J
Re: Ebun Okubanjo, CEO Of Lekki Fitness & Gym Centre Slams Customer by mammanbawa: 7:36pm On Jan 15, 2020
abbey621:
We don't have the full gist, what transpired before, what was said to aggreviate him like that? Customer is always right but if you called him names, attack his intellect or worse then I think it is justified to fight back. Either way he has lost a customer and will lose many more from this video.

Ironically, he got a lot of customers cos many people vouched for him on Twitter. Some were even surprised he could get that angry. This is 2020, let's not judge using one side of the story.

3 Likes

Re: Ebun Okubanjo, CEO Of Lekki Fitness & Gym Centre Slams Customer by Nobody: 7:37pm On Jan 15, 2020
pinpinkay:
A lot of guyz comment above is very poor ..everyone who knows this guy knows that he was pushed to the limit .. with customer being gentle with her speech doesnt mean she might not be the devil here ...i stand with the guy .. some customers need to be kept in their position ... I stan wit Ebun

Some customers/ladies are devil, she only lowered her voice because she is recording

2 Likes

Re: Ebun Okubanjo, CEO Of Lekki Fitness & Gym Centre Slams Customer by Sniper101(m): 7:40pm On Jan 15, 2020
Amuatulu:
Na wa ooo
Wait, what did I hear "Get the fu*k out"

Are you fu*king kidding me?
Is this the first time you're hearing the phrase "Get the fu*k out" undecided

1 Like

Re: Ebun Okubanjo, CEO Of Lekki Fitness & Gym Centre Slams Customer by Nobody: 7:40pm On Jan 15, 2020
Sniper101:

Are you fu*king kidding me?
Is this the first time you're hearing the phrase "Get the fu*k out" undecided

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Ebun Okubanjo, CEO Of Lekki Fitness & Gym Centre Slams Customer by calculator123(m): 7:44pm On Jan 15, 2020
Tembebe:
Thanks for at least shedding a bit of light on the issue.
I hadn't even read this o before commenting up there.
I 'm a lady,but you see,if you hear some women talk,you would feel like throttling them,I swear.
The customer must have had an agenda.
Did you see she was speaking calmly while recording.
Well,let's keep watching.
Your type are rare. Kudos!

1 Like

Re: Ebun Okubanjo, CEO Of Lekki Fitness & Gym Centre Slams Customer by biosilicon: 7:44pm On Jan 15, 2020
EgunMogaji2:

Thank you, have a nice day.

PS: to those that may care, I have years of training in customer resolution from fortune 100 companies in North America.

This is why countries like India, Sri Lanka and Philippine are leading in USA customer service offshore companies.

Oga go and sit down, the guy is a human being abeg not a robot.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ebun Okubanjo, CEO Of Lekki Fitness & Gym Centre Slams Customer by Sniper101(m): 7:46pm On Jan 15, 2020
[quote author=Amuatulu post=85827210][/quote]

Re: Ebun Okubanjo, CEO Of Lekki Fitness & Gym Centre Slams Customer by misterjosh(m): 7:47pm On Jan 15, 2020
Lucaskid:
This man can't control his anger,he is too aggressive,but some people can be annoying though.

Can't control his anger you say? Someone this visibly angry and yet didn't act on it and you still say he can't control his anger . Anger is one many human emotions we experience at various times, how you choose to act on them now shows your control. Some kudos to the man for doing just that.

2 Likes

Re: Ebun Okubanjo, CEO Of Lekki Fitness & Gym Centre Slams Customer by Angelfrost(m): 7:47pm On Jan 15, 2020
EgunMogaji2:

Thank you. I’m sure that my fortune 100 employers like Paramount Pictures Hollywood and Bank of America would disagree.

With all due respect my "humble" sir, those companies know absolutely nothing about dealing with an average mad Nigerian customer... grin

11 Likes

Re: Ebun Okubanjo, CEO Of Lekki Fitness & Gym Centre Slams Customer by Samuels90: 7:49pm On Jan 15, 2020
edoairways:

I noticed it or is that how they speak in Lekki
grin Yes ooo, 80 percent of islanders speak rubbish calling it phonetics. Most are funny, cos they force themselves to speak especially Ladies..

2 Likes

Re: Ebun Okubanjo, CEO Of Lekki Fitness & Gym Centre Slams Customer by victorian(f): 7:51pm On Jan 15, 2020
The guy look stressed up and completely drained.

He has had it up to his neck! Hes not ready to take customers shiiit anymore . Lol.

Some customers can be so annoying sha.

2 Likes

Re: Ebun Okubanjo, CEO Of Lekki Fitness & Gym Centre Slams Customer by pocohantas(f): 7:53pm On Jan 15, 2020
Angelfrost:

With all due respect my "humble" sir, those companies know absolutely nothing about dealing with an average mad Nigerian customer... grin

They don't need to know how to deal with an "average mad Nigerian". Average mad Nigerians storm their embassies everyday and they know better than being mad when they are granted entry there. They know the CONSEQUENCES of their madness.

That is enough way to deal with mad Nigerians. They can start their nonsense when they touch down at their home airports.
Re: Ebun Okubanjo, CEO Of Lekki Fitness & Gym Centre Slams Customer by openmine(m): 7:53pm On Jan 15, 2020
Frankly speaking,some customers can be very nasty and unbearable!
Its as if whatever issues that they had at home or at work is transferred to the poor employees who are also emotional human beings and must be treated with respect!
Sometimes,i believe customers react this way because of what they see and how the employers or managers treat their own staffs!
When the employers treat and manage their staffs very well,customers will obviously give some measure of respect to the employees!

1 Like

Re: Ebun Okubanjo, CEO Of Lekki Fitness & Gym Centre Slams Customer by Mouthgag: 7:54pm On Jan 15, 2020
delishpot:
This his vex ehn, na only him dey shout, na only him dey complain of bullying. Asking for a refund = bullying. Odiegwu o.

Edit: I like how people are now making the usual "I can't judge from one side of the story" because a man was called out.. If the table was turned and we see a video of a woman shouting and insutling a man to GTF out of her office etc etc world people will say thank God he recorded it to show the world how abusive she was to him but since its a woman behind that camera, excuses will fly in favour of the man.
Shut the fùck
You're a nuisance!

2 Likes

Re: Ebun Okubanjo, CEO Of Lekki Fitness & Gym Centre Slams Customer by izubext007: 7:54pm On Jan 15, 2020
May Be The Fitness Centre Does Not Include Sex Sections. I Urge All My Fellow Men To Forbide Thier Wives Or Fiancee To Visit Any Foolish Fitness Centre, Things Dey Happen There.

1 Like

Re: Ebun Okubanjo, CEO Of Lekki Fitness & Gym Centre Slams Customer by abbey621(m): 7:55pm On Jan 15, 2020
mammanbawa:

Ironically, he got a lot of customers cos many people vouched for him on Twitter. Some were even surprised he could get that angry. This is 2020, let's not judge using one side of the story.

It doesn't matter if he got lots of customers, he'll still lose some because some people are put off by that kind of anger. In business you can never have too many customers!
Re: Ebun Okubanjo, CEO Of Lekki Fitness & Gym Centre Slams Customer by abbey621(m): 7:55pm On Jan 15, 2020
crafteck:

Not necessarily, he should post a video and explain, he would gain more from this attention

He may or may not, depends on if it is a luxury gym or one of those gyms that the average joe visits.
Re: Ebun Okubanjo, CEO Of Lekki Fitness & Gym Centre Slams Customer by RealTrump: 7:57pm On Jan 15, 2020
EgunMogaji2:

Thank you.

With your skills in deciphering characters you should be a millionaire but here you are cheesy

DarkJeddi
luminouz
Angelfrost
hush15
humblemikel

All of you, u are all mad patapata. We have someone who has seen it all trying to tell you how to behave in a civilized society, u idiotts that the finest place u have travelled to is the urban ghetto called Lagos are here spewing trash.

Even in my place of work, sometimes I feel like tearing up but I know that if I shout, I lose the respect I intend to gain n possibly the job because the society doesn't permit it.

Stewpeed village people. If I had cane, I would have flogged all of u on EgunMogaji2 's behalf.

I no blame una, obviously someone somewhere is still giving you all pocket money. If u we're making your own cash, u would have understood that what happened in that video is normal in any work place and u don't go about screaming.

1 Like

Re: Ebun Okubanjo, CEO Of Lekki Fitness & Gym Centre Slams Customer by abbey621(m): 7:57pm On Jan 15, 2020
naturefellow:
on the contrary, he's customer based has grown mostly form the sympathy he's getting on twitter, where many share the opinion that the customer is actually on the wrong, and was trying to libel him using this one-sided video claim.

Please be serious here, you are judging business growth from Nigerian Twitter? LEEMAO! It's the same way most of us shout and demonstrate here on Nairaland but crawl back to our shell in the real world grin grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Ebun Okubanjo, CEO Of Lekki Fitness & Gym Centre Slams Customer by Nobody: 7:59pm On Jan 15, 2020
How come he didn’t mention the towels if the story was in fact true. A lot of men don’t know how to speak to women because they learnt this from other men.

2 Likes

Re: Ebun Okubanjo, CEO Of Lekki Fitness & Gym Centre Slams Customer by Angelfrost(m): 8:02pm On Jan 15, 2020
pocohantas:

They don't need to know how to deal with an "average mad Nigerian". Average mad Nigerians storm their embassies everyday and they know better than being mad when they are granted entry there. They know the CONSEQUENCES of their madness.

That is enough way to deal with mad Nigerians. They can start their nonsense when they touch down at their home airports.

Dear sister, I know what I am getting at with that fellow...

Most people need a full dose of reality in order to reset their theoretical brains.

What a customer care personnel in a Canadian bank goes through daily is nothing compared to what his counterpart goes through here in Naija... Lemme not say more than this.
Re: Ebun Okubanjo, CEO Of Lekki Fitness & Gym Centre Slams Customer by luminouz(m): 8:04pm On Jan 15, 2020
RealTrump:

DarkJeddi
luminouz
Angelfrost
hush15
humblemikel

All of you, u are all mad patapata. We have someone who has seen it all trying to tell you how to behave in a civilized society, u idiotts that the finest place u have travelled to is the urban ghetto called Lagos are here spewing trash.

Even in my place of work, sometimes I feel like tearing up but I know that if I shout, I lose the respect I intend to gain n possibly the job because the society doesn't permit it.

Stewpeed village people. If I had cane, I would have flogged all of u on EgunMogaji2 's behalf.

I no blame una, obviously someone somewhere is still giving you all pocket money. If u we're making your own cash, u would have understood that what happened in that video is normal in any work place and u don't go about screaming.

Look at your moniker and see how you effectively killed your own argument. undecided

1 Like

Re: Ebun Okubanjo, CEO Of Lekki Fitness & Gym Centre Slams Customer by Angelfrost(m): 8:06pm On Jan 15, 2020
perezski:
on this position you are wrong. You think humans are machines with no emotions. There are scenarios where the most educated and refined professionals with all your purportedly well behaved corporate training fiddlesticks will loose it, not because he/she is insane or lacks etiquette as you remarked but because there is always a degree of work related stress or pressure everyman(which includes the most corporate professional with all manner of etiquette) would condone before he/she unleashes the other human side which is sacrosanct to everyone. I have seen bosses' boss, managers, proprietors, most timid employees, coaches, footballers loose it completely and damned the consequences in order to set things straight not because they are vulgar, erratic or uncultured as you would interpret their actions. The problem with people like you is you think everyone should absorb verbal abuses, customer nuisances and bullies just to save face(corporate or business wise), which is not bad but I repeat to a certain degree or limit. Please don't be slave to work learn when to call shit.....Quit. Over!

Don't waste your precious time on such pretentious individuals...

1 Like

Re: Ebun Okubanjo, CEO Of Lekki Fitness & Gym Centre Slams Customer by gradeA(m): 8:09pm On Jan 15, 2020
delishpot:
This his vex ehn, na only him dey shout, na only him dey complain of bullying. Asking for a refund = bullying. Odiegwu o.

Edit: I like how people are now making the usual "I can't judge from one side of the story" because a man was called out.. If the table was turned and we see a video of a woman shouting and insutling a man to GTF out of her office etc etc world people will say thank God he recorded it to show the world how abusive she was to him but since its a woman behind that camera, excuses will fly in favour of the man.

You honestly made no point.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Ebun Okubanjo, CEO Of Lekki Fitness & Gym Centre Slams Customer by naturefellow(m): 8:09pm On Jan 15, 2020
abbey621:

Please be serious here, you are judging business growth from Nigerian Twitter? LEEMAO! It's the same way most of us shout and demonstarte here on Nairaland but crawl back to our shell in the real world grin grin grin grin
be the judge, go read tweets for yourself. This trend just made the man popular. Whether, you like it or not, it's significant publicity for his business. I personally never knew of Lekki Fitness Centre until yesterday. Did you?

3 Likes

Re: Ebun Okubanjo, CEO Of Lekki Fitness & Gym Centre Slams Customer by EgunMogaji2: 8:09pm On Jan 15, 2020
Angelfrost:

With all due respect, I’m getting sick and tired of you lot behaving/pretending that there’s something “special” about Nigeria. Let me clue you in. In the USA that irate customer could as well go to her car and come back in with an Uzi. Nigeria has no monopoly in crazy clients.

For me this is not about the client but the guy that lost his fng cool in front of a client, let alone a woman client. I feel sorry for the females in his life.

PS: I’ve been back in Nigeria now for over a year solid and I still would never talk to a client like that. In my company I sell customer service as primary concern, that I sell solar is secondary.

1 Like

Re: Ebun Okubanjo, CEO Of Lekki Fitness & Gym Centre Slams Customer by mammanbawa: 8:09pm On Jan 15, 2020
abbey621:

It doesn't matter if he got lots of customers, he'll still lose some because some people are put off by that kind of anger. In business you can never have too many customers!

Going by the praise he received, I don't think so. Ask yourself what triggered his anger this much. If you listened, he already called the cops.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

17 Companies Licensed By CBN As Mobile Money Operators In Nigeria (Full List) / Dangote Refinery Installs Largest Single Crude Distillation Column - Pictures / What 1 Trillion Naira Looks Like? Photo

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.