Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,922 members, 7,821,227 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 10:05 AM

Nigerian Cooking Makes House Smell: London Landlord Denies Gambian Accommodation - Properties (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / Nigerian Cooking Makes House Smell: London Landlord Denies Gambian Accommodation (68988 Views)

If I’m Collecting ₦250k, I Won’t Be In That Place Again – Underbridge Landlord / My Neighbor Denies Me Sleep With His Generator / Landlord Blasts Outgoing Tenants Over Toilet Misuse: "Are These Humans Or Pigs?" (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerian Cooking Makes House Smell: London Landlord Denies Gambian Accommodation by Nobody: 9:13am On Jan 16, 2020
_

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Cooking Makes House Smell: London Landlord Denies Gambian Accommodation by Legendguru: 9:14am On Jan 16, 2020
Hmmm
Re: Nigerian Cooking Makes House Smell: London Landlord Denies Gambian Accommodation by Openbusiness: 9:15am On Jan 16, 2020
That's not racism. People have preferences. She only wants to rent to Europeans. Nothing wrong with that.

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Cooking Makes House Smell: London Landlord Denies Gambian Accommodation by Nobody: 9:16am On Jan 16, 2020
The white face has a point... African food stinks

4 Likes

Re: Nigerian Cooking Makes House Smell: London Landlord Denies Gambian Accommodation by preshdawesome(m): 9:16am On Jan 16, 2020
Afonjas representing since 1470 grin

But come to think of it sue the landlord thats pure racist[color=#770077][/color]

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Nigerian Cooking Makes House Smell: London Landlord Denies Gambian Accommodation by SEGLIZ: 9:17am On Jan 16, 2020
MrBrownJay1:
what about them stinky indians and their food... is that one ok?!

here we go, what has Indians got to do with this?
you just ended up practicing what you were condemning.

16 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Cooking Makes House Smell: London Landlord Denies Gambian Accommodation by Topmaike007(m): 9:18am On Jan 16, 2020
Lolz, nothing wey Fr Mbaka no go see cheesy
Re: Nigerian Cooking Makes House Smell: London Landlord Denies Gambian Accommodation by masseratti: 9:18am On Jan 16, 2020
But she is right tho... Truth must be told.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Cooking Makes House Smell: London Landlord Denies Gambian Accommodation by Alvin212(m): 9:19am On Jan 16, 2020
Ewedu and Amala.

How do people eat shiiit in the name of food.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Cooking Makes House Smell: London Landlord Denies Gambian Accommodation by davillian(m): 9:19am On Jan 16, 2020
angry
Nigerians don use iru skata the house grin

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Cooking Makes House Smell: London Landlord Denies Gambian Accommodation by gratiaeo(m): 9:20am On Jan 16, 2020
If you go to Rome behave like Romans.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Cooking Makes House Smell: London Landlord Denies Gambian Accommodation by Commentor: 9:20am On Jan 16, 2020
OiOi:
It's her home and she deserves good health... Although people might want to say it's racism I think it's good she put her self first

It is illegal in UK.

She could be jailed if it is proven discrimination was involved.

8 Likes

Re: Nigerian Cooking Makes House Smell: London Landlord Denies Gambian Accommodation by dazzlingd(m): 9:21am On Jan 16, 2020
No racism, go to someone's country, go their house and cook your nonsense smelly local food...now you cry victimisation

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Cooking Makes House Smell: London Landlord Denies Gambian Accommodation by Commentor: 9:21am On Jan 16, 2020
Openbusiness:
That's not racism. People have preferences. She only wants to rent to Europeans. Nothing wrong with that.

What you don't realise is it is racial discrimination and she could be jailed for it.

4 Likes

Re: Nigerian Cooking Makes House Smell: London Landlord Denies Gambian Accommodation by lahizak: 9:21am On Jan 16, 2020
Lolz. White people don suffer. Everytime dey said something about africans or blacks they are been termed racist. Her house, her rules. Come africa and see different rules made by landlord den u go change ur mind

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Cooking Makes House Smell: London Landlord Denies Gambian Accommodation by Alvin212(m): 9:21am On Jan 16, 2020
O boy see format

Rentals on market place
Re: Nigerian Cooking Makes House Smell: London Landlord Denies Gambian Accommodation by Topmaike007(m): 9:21am On Jan 16, 2020
BlackSeptember:
I love my Nigerian foods anyday and anywhere.

P. S I mean Afang and not ewedu biko.

Yoruba people can cook smelly food with that iru or that funny smell they mix in their soup which makes them to fart
lolz

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Cooking Makes House Smell: London Landlord Denies Gambian Accommodation by rotile247(m): 9:21am On Jan 16, 2020
NaijadrivaCars:
The front page title doesnt relate to this story.

The body said "Gambian", why is " Nigerian" on the title?

Na wa for that Landlord sha angry

At the end the lady stated it was Nigerians cooking smell in the house that made her deny the Gambian rent. She had concluded only White Europeans cook food that don't smell.

4 Likes

Re: Nigerian Cooking Makes House Smell: London Landlord Denies Gambian Accommodation by OlawaleBammie: 9:22am On Jan 16, 2020
darfay:
Especially one tribe that would not be named here

Oga just say it, we yorubas abi?? tankiu

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Cooking Makes House Smell: London Landlord Denies Gambian Accommodation by Smellingrillmea: 9:22am On Jan 16, 2020
OiOi:
It's her home and she deserves good health... Although people might want to say it's racism I think it's good she put her self first

U are not exposed.....she is not doing it cos of food that smells she just does not want
Black
Indians
Asians
.she specified Europeans.....they are white

But you are not smart so u belive anything

10 Likes

Re: Nigerian Cooking Makes House Smell: London Landlord Denies Gambian Accommodation by bizhop01: 9:23am On Jan 16, 2020
Even stockfish can smell for Africa

4 Likes

Re: Nigerian Cooking Makes House Smell: London Landlord Denies Gambian Accommodation by edoairways: 9:23am On Jan 16, 2020
That lady would have said she wasn't interested

3 Likes

Re: Nigerian Cooking Makes House Smell: London Landlord Denies Gambian Accommodation by Dannyozs(m): 9:23am On Jan 16, 2020
OiOi:
It's her home and she deserves good health... Although people might want to say it's racism
the way houses are built in Europe, I bet u she wouldn't perceive anything whatsoever except maybe they will share same kitchen. That being said, europeans can give flimsy excuses while being racist too.

Also like someone mentioned above, she stereotyped the gambian based on her alleged experience with nigerian(s), hence all Africans cook smelly food

7 Likes

Re: Nigerian Cooking Makes House Smell: London Landlord Denies Gambian Accommodation by OiOi: 9:23am On Jan 16, 2020
Commentor:

It is illegal in UK.

She could be jailed if it is proven discrimination was involved.
I believe it's subject to argument in court. She can't sacrifice her health in a house smelling of over burnt stew... If she is aysmathic
Re: Nigerian Cooking Makes House Smell: London Landlord Denies Gambian Accommodation by We4all: 9:23am On Jan 16, 2020
The truth is, the landlord was right on point cos some African ingredients and dishes could have a strong smell. If in doubt, try 'locust beans' or what some people call 'okpehe'.

Besides, it's her property and she is free to make her decision. There are some Nigerian landlords who will never rent out their houses to certain categories of people. Would you call them racist as well?

5 Likes

Re: Nigerian Cooking Makes House Smell: London Landlord Denies Gambian Accommodation by laiza(m): 9:23am On Jan 16, 2020
True her comments and actions were racists but also true African dishes do smell, so is Indian and Arabs are the worst when it comes to spice. Imagine in UAE here you can hardly sleep with all the plenty spices and restaurants around. Hearing foods like Rice Briyani and it looks nothing like rice, smells awful, taste awful too and no pepper.

I do not blame her shaa as they were raised differently and we love the smell of dried crayfish and dried ogbono soup. Na naija way shaa. On Emirates airline, they do not allow soups, irrespective of your nationality. Anything you wan cook you will find the materials and right spice in their country, and if you dont then dont eat it till you go back. But not giving a man rent is really bad, I mean you can give him and also give rules on how to cope with neighbours.

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Cooking Makes House Smell: London Landlord Denies Gambian Accommodation by bolayei: 9:24am On Jan 16, 2020
Another good thing about Brexit... No English person will say this to anyone they might indirectly discharge you but not be openly racist. Imagine this girl from Europe being racist. Well i have always said the people to worry about in England are none English. Nigerian man will refuse to rent house to other nationalities, same for Europeans only Asian man no send as along as you are paying.

The guy needs to report her not just take it to social media. But naija households can smell of African food sha but it should not be a reason just put on the advert no gourmet like cooking

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Cooking Makes House Smell: London Landlord Denies Gambian Accommodation by Smellingrillmea: 9:24am On Jan 16, 2020
Openbusiness:

It is racism u are not allowed to choose because of skin colour
It is a form of discrimination
And she can go to jail

3 Likes

Re: Nigerian Cooking Makes House Smell: London Landlord Denies Gambian Accommodation by dazzlingd(m): 9:24am On Jan 16, 2020
BlackSeptember:
I love my Nigerian foods anyday and anywhere.

P. S I mean Afang and not ewedu biko.

Yoruba people can cook smelly food with that iru or that funny smell they mix in their soup which makes them to fart

See people speaking this way, then when they get outside the country, they will cry racism when onyibo say something not as bad as this...

Blacks are a plague!

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Cooking Makes House Smell: London Landlord Denies Gambian Accommodation by youngestgrad(m): 9:24am On Jan 16, 2020
Fgbread:
The white face has a point... African food stinks
This is one of the reasons black Americans don't like Africans especially Nigerians, We Idolize white skinned people nothing they do is wrong in our eyes. The white landlady says the house is open to only Europeans because of smell of African food, have any of you smelt Greek food, IDIOTS!!

10 Likes

Re: Nigerian Cooking Makes House Smell: London Landlord Denies Gambian Accommodation by Sterope(f): 9:25am On Jan 16, 2020
Our foods smell. She may find it too strong for her, it is her house.

It is important to ventilate while cooking.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

When The House Is Shared After The Death Of Its Owner (SEE BUILDING) / Beautiful Architectural Designs You Won't See In Nigeria / Landlord Blasts Outgoing Tenants Over Toilet Misuse: "Are These Humans Or Pigs?"

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.