Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,689 members, 7,820,396 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 02:15 PM

Nigeria, China, India Among 10 Most Improved Economies – World Bank - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nigeria, China, India Among 10 Most Improved Economies – World Bank (24740 Views)

Nigeria-China N720 Billion Currency Swap Collapses / Buhari Celebrates 50 Years Of Nigeria-China Diplomatic Relations / Nigeria-China Trade Suffers As Coronavirus Limits Travel (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigeria, China, India Among 10 Most Improved Economies – World Bank by muzically(m): 6:08am On Jan 16, 2020
When I saw Togo in the list, I knew the ranking is useless.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria, China, India Among 10 Most Improved Economies – World Bank by anonimi: 6:08am On Jan 16, 2020
tundeb303:
He needs an orgasm, he was supposed to get that from badnews, since none is available yet, let him make one.

www.nairaland.com/attachments/3504410_internet_jpeg8efe841e125b21f5a740dc528a146d09

1 Like

Re: Nigeria, China, India Among 10 Most Improved Economies – World Bank by anonimi: 6:11am On Jan 16, 2020
muzically:
When I saw Togo in the list, I knew the ranking is useless.

It is not easy to package lies for a failure. Not easy at all.
Since we refused to follow Momoh's advice that is why they still have mouth to talk anyhow.

www.nairaland.com/attachments/6325456_images51_jpeg_jpegf41c358e48775a9157a6f04b3dd56a4f

citizenisb:
Former President Olusegun Obasanjo says President Muhammadu Buhari may not do well in economy and foreign affairs, except in military matters.

“Buhari is not a very hot person on the economy and foreign affairs,” Obasanjo said.

The former President stated this on Monday at the third International Conference on African Development Issues — themed, “Driving inclusive and sustainable development in Africa: Models, methods and policies” — organised by Covenant University, Ota, Ogun State.

While reacting to a question posed to him by a member of the audience: “Is there any hope for Nigeria under the administration of President Muhammadu Buhari?”, Obasanjo replied, “Is there any hope for Nigeria under this administration? I came back from Geneva, Switzerland a few days ago to attend a conference titled, ‘Are elections giving democracy a bad name?’ We had an election, we elected a leader and the good thing about democracy is that the power you have to elect a leader is also the power you have to remove him. I am saying this because I said earlier that if you don’t see any leader that has done well in the 56 years of Nigeria’s independence, then let us forget about Nigeria.

“I will tell you what I know and I will tell you what I don’t know. I know Gen. Muhammadu Buhari. He served under me in the military. His characteristics that I know, his behaviour that I know, he has not deviated from them. He was never a perfect man, he is not a perfect man and no leader can ever be a perfect man because they are human beings. But if you read my book, what I said about him is correct. He is not a hot person when it comes to economy. He is not a very hot person when it comes to foreign affairs. But he will do well in matters of military and he will do well in fighting Boko Haram.”

http://www.punchng.com/buhari-not-sound-economy-foreign-affairs-obasanjo/

1 Like

Re: Nigeria, China, India Among 10 Most Improved Economies – World Bank by valentineuwakwe(m): 6:12am On Jan 16, 2020
story story....n.a. WETIN dem dey use deceive us..

1 Like

Re: Nigeria, China, India Among 10 Most Improved Economies – World Bank by contigiency(m): 6:13am On Jan 16, 2020
SouthSouth1914:

But there are lots of pointers in this government that would want you to change this narratives! Firstly, cost of living and access to food! Case in point, let’s analyze a bag of rice 2010 post 2018.

I will agree with you only on one condition. That is if we will go back from the last military regime of 1998 till 2018, so that we see how prices of commodities have been changing.

If you agree, let me know so we can select any number of essential commodities you want and dissect.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria, China, India Among 10 Most Improved Economies – World Bank by Bukden16(m): 6:13am On Jan 16, 2020
seunlayi:
Based on statistics given to them by the bank in this pics after funding the well in this project.

For we Nigerians, we can see and feel that our economy is going down

This well ehn...

Re: Nigeria, China, India Among 10 Most Improved Economies – World Bank by Bellotelli: 6:18am On Jan 16, 2020
It seems many on this platform don't even understand what ease of starting or doing business Means. The World Bank is not talking about the most improved economy.

4 Likes

Re: Nigeria, China, India Among 10 Most Improved Economies – World Bank by NGpatriot: 6:18am On Jan 16, 2020
contigiency:

Check your facts very well and find out which government took Nigeria to recession. Because it's certainly not buhari's government. In case you don't know, google Soludo's 2014 Nigerian economic outlook post 2015. Where he said that whoever that will win 2015 election will find it so difficult to govern that he would likely resign.

Also tell me whose regime Okonja Iweala was serving when she announced that Nigeria had technically gone into recession. To the extent that 27 States could no longer pay salaries, while federal government was borrowing to pay salaries. This was when our crude oil was selling at about 130 dollars per barrel.

The same buhari that you hate, came and stimulated the economy by given budget support and pari funds refund to the States. Not to talk of numerous infrastructural projects going on in the entire country. Interestingly, this was when our crude oil was selling at about 45 dollars per barrel.

FG introduces austerity measures

ABUJA—The Federal Government, yesterday, introduced some austerity measures and scaled down the crude oil bench mark for the 2015 budget.

In a bid to insulate the economy from falling crude oil prices the federal government announced far-reaching policy measures to deal with the crashing crude oil prices, cutting 2015 oil benchmark from $78 to $73 per barrel.
Crude oil prices dropped to $77.76 per barrel, some cents below the $78 earlier proposed to the National Assembly as bench mark for the 2015 budget.es

Read more at: https://www.vanguardngr.com/2014/11/fg-introduces-austerity-measures/

More austerity measures coming – Okonjo-Iweala

By BusinessNews Staff on January 17, 2015

Following the continuous decline of the price of crude oil in the international market, the Federal Government on Thursday said it was preparing additional measures to mitigate the impact of the price drop on the Nigerian economy.

http://businessnews.com.ng/2015/01/17/austerity-measures-coming-okonjo-iweala/

Nigeria: Austerity - We're Ready for the Worst - Okonjo-Iweala

By Kingsley Ighomwenghian (Lagos), David Agba (Abuja) and Igoniko Oduma (Yenagoa)

Despite what some have termed the looming doom hovering over the nation's horizon as a result of the crash in oil price, Co-ordinating Minister for the Economy and Minister of Finance, Dr. Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala, on Thursday assured of Nigeria's readiness to weather the storm, should the price slide further at the international market.

https://allafrica.com/stories/201411280091.html

1. GEJ and Okonjo declared austerity measures in 2014 when oil was selling for more than what it's selling for today.

2. After that in Jan 2015 just months before PMB, she promised Nigerians more austerity measures coming.

3. After that, she screamed and yelled that Nigerians should be ready for the worst

4. All while she was borrowing hundreds of billions every month to pay workers' salary till her last days in office.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigeria, China, India Among 10 Most Improved Economies – World Bank by SangoOlukosoOba(m): 6:20am On Jan 16, 2020
nototribalist:
Whenever world bank wants to kill someone with a loan, they start to praise him first.

I don't know why they do this things to African countries

Why are you not always happy with good news

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nigeria, China, India Among 10 Most Improved Economies – World Bank by SouthSouth1914: 6:22am On Jan 16, 2020
contigiency:

I will agree with you on the condition that we will go back from the last military regime of 1998 till 2018, so that we see how prices of commodities have been changing.

If you agree, let me know so we can select any number of essential commodities you want and dissect.

During military regimes prices were a bit stable, except buhari’s dispensation which he as well took Nigeria into a recession all in the name of fighting corruption!

Buhari is an expired product who isn’t fit to run a barber’s shop let alone a country like Nigeria. His leadership qualities are wack, he is nepotistic, religious bigot and an all round uneducated bag of bones!

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria, China, India Among 10 Most Improved Economies – World Bank by d4guy: 6:24am On Jan 16, 2020
SouthSouth1914:
improved economy? In what sense?? A telecom driven industry where data is super expensive in a third World country is a yardstick for them to tie their findings!

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigeria, China, India Among 10 Most Improved Economies – World Bank by SouthSouth1914: 6:25am On Jan 16, 2020
NGpatriot:

1. GEJ and Okonjo declared austerity measures in 2014 when oil was selling for more than what it's selling for today.

2. After that in Jan 2015 just months before PMB, she promised Nigerians more austerity measures coming.

3. After that, she screamed and yelled that Nigerians should be ready for the worst

4. All while she was borrowing hundreds of billions every month to pay workers' salary till her last days in office.

Stop peddling lies! Total money borrowed by the apc led government in 4 years supersede monies borrowed by the PDP in 16 years!

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria, China, India Among 10 Most Improved Economies – World Bank by alphaNomega: 6:25am On Jan 16, 2020
NGpatriot:

I don't know why you people are so allergic to good news, all you pray and hope for is bad news.

It is not being allergic to good news, it is called thinking with your head and not your stomach.

Some group of people took charge of the Nigeria economy and damaged it so bad that any slight improvement makes the news.

If you can compare this with the Venezuelan economy, you would understand what I mean (though the Venezuelan situation is worse than Nigeria's)

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria, China, India Among 10 Most Improved Economies – World Bank by SouthSouth1914: 6:27am On Jan 16, 2020
[quote author=d4guy post=85835113][/quote]

Please run this same statistics against standard of living of the said countries! Nigeria still falls short..

1 Like

Re: Nigeria, China, India Among 10 Most Improved Economies – World Bank by nwamabo247(m): 6:28am On Jan 16, 2020
This is not reflecting in our daily lives naw

1 Like

Re: Nigeria, China, India Among 10 Most Improved Economies – World Bank by nedekid: 6:28am On Jan 16, 2020
seunlayi:
Based on statistics given to them by the bank in this pics after funding the well in this project.

For we Nigerians, we can see and feel that our economy is going down
Bros I taya oh..
Re: Nigeria, China, India Among 10 Most Improved Economies – World Bank by BigIyanga: 6:29am On Jan 16, 2020
This is for ease of doing business not economic outlook

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria, China, India Among 10 Most Improved Economies – World Bank by NGpatriot: 6:29am On Jan 16, 2020
SouthSouth1914:

Stop peddling lies! Total money borrowed by the apc led government in 4 years supersede monies borrowed by the PDP in 16 years!

Without your own sets of facts, documented evidence and links like the ones I produced, you don't have any mouth or moral authority to label anything lies while you, on the other hand, sounds like a lair, you can not even back up your lies with facts.

No point taking people like you seriously, you just rant and rant rubbish without facts.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigeria, China, India Among 10 Most Improved Economies – World Bank by NGpatriot: 6:31am On Jan 16, 2020
alphaNomega:

It is not being allergic to good news, it is called thinking with your head and not your stomach.

Some group of people took charge of an economy and damaged it so bad that any slight improvement makes the news.

If you can compare this with the Venezuelan economy, you would understand what I mean.

Believe what you believe and let me believe what I believe.

It's good news to me while it's bad news to you, no problem.
Re: Nigeria, China, India Among 10 Most Improved Economies – World Bank by contigiency(m): 6:31am On Jan 16, 2020
SouthSouth1914:

During military regimes prices were a bit stable, except buhari’s dispensation which he as well took Nigeria into a recession all in the name of fighting corruption!

Buhari is an expired product who isn’t fit to run a barber’s shop let alone a country like Nigeria. His leadership qualities are wack, he is nepotistic, religious bigot and an all round uneducated bag of bones!

You are simply not being reasonable. I didn't want us to reduce the discussion to a tattered of mere market women. If you agree with me, we go to history and discuss like people who have gone to school.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nigeria, China, India Among 10 Most Improved Economies – World Bank by NaMeAboki: 6:33am On Jan 16, 2020
Wailers will be like

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nigeria, China, India Among 10 Most Improved Economies – World Bank by NGpatriot: 6:37am On Jan 16, 2020
contigiency:

You are simply not being reasonable. I didn't want us to reduce the discussion to a tattered of mere market women. If you agree with me, we go to history and discuss like people who have gone to school.

You should know by now that he can not debate intelligently with facts or beyond his negative mindset.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigeria, China, India Among 10 Most Improved Economies – World Bank by nedekid: 6:38am On Jan 16, 2020
contigiency:

Check your facts very well and find out which government took Nigeria to recession. Because it's certainly not buhari's government. In case you don't know, google Soludo's 2014 Nigerian economic outlook post 2015. Where he said that whoever that will win 2015 election will find it so difficult to govern that he would likely resign.

Also tell me whose regime Okonja Iweala was serving when she announced that Nigeria had technically gone into recession. To the extent that 27 States could no longer pay salaries, while federal government was borrowing to pay salaries. This was when our crude oil was selling at about 130 dollars per barrel.

The same buhari that you hate, came and stimulated the economy by given budget support and pari funds refund to the States. Not to talk of numerous infrastructural projects going on in the entire country. Interestingly, this was when our crude oil was selling at about 45 dollars per barrel.
How can a young man like you be in support of the current regime and its handling of the affairs of the country.?
On a lighter note,
You certainly will consume all the oxygen in a room if an unfortunate person is locked up with you. grin

1 Like

Re: Nigeria, China, India Among 10 Most Improved Economies – World Bank by anonimi: 6:38am On Jan 16, 2020
NGpatriot:

Too many lies to further tarnish your spoiled reputation.
Austerity is not the same as recession.
Barawo bubu and his team were aware of the issues when they promised 12 million jobs, lower exchange rate, stale electricity, cheaper fuel etc. Or was he ignorant when he was campaigning a fourth time in 2015?
The stress in the oil sector started as far back as 2013 hence your barawo bubu promised to stabilise oil prices shocked

www.nairaland.com/attachments/2186280_buhari2blaugh1_jpegc35d9ea4e30142f9302718e17f58f220

FG, States, LGs Share N568.4 Billion for Oct
15 NOVEMBER 2013

Also, $1billion was proposed for distribution to complement shortfall in expected revenue." The $1billion is a compromise by the FG over its words in September not to augment shortfalls anymore.

Responding to the presentation, the chairman of the States Commissioners of Finance and Ebonyi State Commissioner of Finance, Mr Timothy Odaah, lamented that the statutory allocation was getting smaller and smaller. "It appears this is the worst in terms of returns. This is the least in allocations as far as this year is concerned. We are mourning the dearth of funds and this is a wakeup call for states and local governments to buoy up their internally generated revenue."

While appreciating the "magnanimity" of President Goodluck Jonathan to approve the $1billion from the excess crude account and to be shared among the federal, state and local governments, Odaah expressed disappointment with the returns made by the NNPC.

He said that the states had requested for $2bn to complement for the shortfall in revenue but got only $1billion. In September, Odaah and fellow commissioners had walked out of the Accountant General of the Federation (AGF) when the federal government said that the framework of the 2013 budget was no longer realistic and it won't augment shortfall in revenue. Odaah raised issues with the statutory allocations of previous months.

More from: http://allafrica.com/stories/201311150323.html

1 Like

Re: Nigeria, China, India Among 10 Most Improved Economies – World Bank by DavidEsq(m): 6:39am On Jan 16, 2020
nototribalist:
Whenever world bank wants to kill someone with a loan, they start to praise him first.

I don't know why they do this things to African countries
"Kill someone with loan". grin grin grin grin. Guy u are wicked grin
Re: Nigeria, China, India Among 10 Most Improved Economies – World Bank by SouthSouth1914: 6:41am On Jan 16, 2020
NGpatriot:

Without your own sets of facts, documented evidence and links like the ones I produced, you don't have any mouth or moral authority to label anything lies while you, on the other hand, sounds like a lair, you can not even back up your lies with facts.

No point taking people like you seriously, you just rant and rant rubbish without facts.

Will this suffice?

Re: Nigeria, China, India Among 10 Most Improved Economies – World Bank by Difrent: 6:44am On Jan 16, 2020
SouthSouth1914:

What a clownish way to draw your conclusions! These illiterates and money gobblers took Nigeria into a recession! The indices are there for everyone to see! Please read and be guided.

The bolded apply to you, if you have read and is guided you should know the recession was a caused by downfall in the price of crude and we couldn't cushion the effect like we did in 2008 during the global recession because the last PDP government refused to save and depleted the reserves, don't be fooled if PDP has won in 2015 Nigeria would still have gone into recession because the signs were already there and the minister of finance NOI kept emphasizing .
Please read and be guided

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nigeria, China, India Among 10 Most Improved Economies – World Bank by anonimi: 6:45am On Jan 16, 2020
d4guy:
www.nairaland.com/attachments/10892952_img20191219075702_jpega2dcc479943f21f56fc513b6e243789e

What is the GDP per capita of the other countries in the graph?
Which other country has overtaken India's 1.5 billion people to become the extreme poverty capital of the world under barawo bubu's incompetence leadership lootership

www.nairaland.com/attachments/6411447_buharirecessionists_jpege29c2a8004bf6846f6cccb707c3020fd

1 Like

Re: Nigeria, China, India Among 10 Most Improved Economies – World Bank by Haakon: 6:47am On Jan 16, 2020
[s]
NGpatriot:

You should know by now that he can not debate intelligently with facts or beyond his negative mindset.
[/s]
Re: Nigeria, China, India Among 10 Most Improved Economies – World Bank by Haakon: 6:47am On Jan 16, 2020
[s]
NGpatriot:

Believe what you believe and let me believe what I believe.

It's good news to me while it's bad news to you, no problem.
[/s]
Re: Nigeria, China, India Among 10 Most Improved Economies – World Bank by Haakon: 6:48am On Jan 16, 2020
[s]
NGpatriot:

[/s]
Re: Nigeria, China, India Among 10 Most Improved Economies – World Bank by Haakon: 6:49am On Jan 16, 2020
[s]
NGpatriot:

I don't know why you people are so allergic to good news, all you pray and hope for is bad news.
[/s]

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Buhari Is An Accidental President – Fayose, Lampoons Femi Adesina / Senator Elisha Abbo's Thugs Attack Silas Daniel, His Former Aide In Adamawa / Unknown Gunmen Attack Ondo Police Station, Kill Inspector

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 76
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.