Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,530 members, 7,819,906 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 06:13 AM

See The Snake I Killed In My Kennel Tonight - Pets (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Pets / See The Snake I Killed In My Kennel Tonight (68087 Views)

The Snake I Killed In My Kitchen This Evening / The Snake I Killed With The Help Of My Lovely Dog. / My Visit To Bsquared Kennel (home Of Saint Bernard And Caucasian Shepherds) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: See The Snake I Killed In My Kennel Tonight by Shobams(m): 2:02pm On Jan 17, 2020
Nigeria my country, what about conservation of the wildlife.
Re: See The Snake I Killed In My Kennel Tonight by yehmy(m): 2:02pm On Jan 17, 2020
Sunisonflex39:
this is what I saw in my dreams last night. all correct scores
oh lord are u the one speaking..
no harm in trying o.. let me play it with 200 naira. all correct scores
when I chop, make una no say I no help una o. I Don dey spread the good news

Barcelona 4-0 Granada

Real Madrid 3-2 Seville

Man city 4-0 crystal palace

Villarreal 2 - 0 espanyol

West Brom 2-1 stoke city

Play with 200 n win

Fixed
Re: See The Snake I Killed In My Kennel Tonight by Paayne(m): 2:12pm On Jan 17, 2020
Looks like a black mamba
Re: See The Snake I Killed In My Kennel Tonight by Crownbefitsme(f): 2:18pm On Jan 17, 2020
Sunisonflex39:

Barcelona 4-0 Granada

Real Madrid 3-1 Seville

Arsenal 3-1 Sheffield

West Brom 2-0 stoke city

Play with 200 n win

Why did u edit dis thing?

Re: See The Snake I Killed In My Kennel Tonight by dalass(f): 2:19pm On Jan 17, 2020
BOUNTYDOG:

Boss u need to see how e dey do me like horror film ,what if I came and saw d two of dem in my kennel? My leg no for fit carry the horsepower my brain for release lol
I'm just wondering where both of dem came from and what they came to do in my kennel

I was able to kill the black one cos he was not moving swiftly,though not as if its wounded,I just wonder why it wasn't moving fast,I for Don jaaappaaaa
Cos I expect it to have ran away when I went looking for boys to help me

It must have swallowed some food and waiting to digest it. It should have been more aggressive if it were hungry.

I hate reptiles especially snakes.
grin
Re: See The Snake I Killed In My Kennel Tonight by NadiaR(m): 2:42pm On Jan 17, 2020
Sunisonflex39:

Barcelona 4-0 Granada

Real Madrid 3-1 Seville

Arsenal 3-1 Sheffield

West Brom 2-0 stoke city

Play with 200 n win

Remixed: Z3CMZ3J8

Re: See The Snake I Killed In My Kennel Tonight by femsmile(m): 2:48pm On Jan 17, 2020
Sunisonflex39:

Barcelona 4-0 Granada

Real Madrid 3-1 Seville

Arsenal 3-1 Sheffield

West Brom 2-0 stoke city

Play with 200 n win

Converted to Multi-correct scores
Z3CMY8TK
B949AWAAQSRWQS-5578110
B923AWAAQWCSEA-5578110
B928AWAAZPQTPZ-5578110
Re: See The Snake I Killed In My Kennel Tonight by fegori: 2:59pm On Jan 17, 2020
This is big
Re: See The Snake I Killed In My Kennel Tonight by Walexybobo(m): 3:07pm On Jan 17, 2020
OP mind u, next time its a "black big snake".
Re: See The Snake I Killed In My Kennel Tonight by femsmile(m): 3:15pm On Jan 17, 2020
Sunisonflex39:

Barcelona 4-0 Granada

Real Madrid 3-1 Seville

Arsenal 3-1 Sheffield

West Brom 2-0 stoke city

Play with 200 n win

B921AWAATQQACZ-5578110
B949AWAAQSRWQS-5578110
B923AWAAQWCSEA-5578110
B928AWAAZPQTPZ-5578110
Re: See The Snake I Killed In My Kennel Tonight by Maski87: 3:26pm On Jan 17, 2020
What are you doing with kennel and dog cage,you dey chop 404.
Re: See The Snake I Killed In My Kennel Tonight by KingEjanla(m): 3:31pm On Jan 17, 2020
"I would love to know about this particular snake specie and their characteristics"

Nna there's no time that, let's do the needful, where is Lala?
Re: See The Snake I Killed In My Kennel Tonight by tiyejoor: 3:33pm On Jan 17, 2020
all these nairalanders wey dey kill snake every time, na inside forest una dey live?
Re: See The Snake I Killed In My Kennel Tonight by officialfestus(m): 4:05pm On Jan 17, 2020
omamush:
The person wey hold the snake sef, see boxer wey him wear embarassed

Anyway una try kill the creature
lol
Re: See The Snake I Killed In My Kennel Tonight by Taidi(m): 4:27pm On Jan 17, 2020
kiss kiss
Re: See The Snake I Killed In My Kennel Tonight by Sunisonflex39(m): 5:25pm On Jan 17, 2020
femsmile:
B921AWAATQQACZ-5578110 B949AWAAQSRWQS-5578110 B923AWAAQWCSEA-5578110 B928AWAAZPQTPZ-5578110
will check that out
Re: See The Snake I Killed In My Kennel Tonight by Sunisonflex39(m): 5:28pm On Jan 17, 2020
femsmile:

Converted to Multi-correct scores Z3CMY8TK B949AWAAQSRWQS-5578110 B923AWAAQWCSEA-5578110 B928AWAAZPQTPZ-5578110
noted bro,this is another way
Re: See The Snake I Killed In My Kennel Tonight by Sunisonflex39(m): 5:32pm On Jan 17, 2020
Crownbefitsme:
Why did u edit dis thing?
I didnt
Re: See The Snake I Killed In My Kennel Tonight by qtx(m): 6:10pm On Jan 17, 2020
Highly poisonous snake, if you eat it, the venom will take over your blood. Don't dare eat it.
Re: See The Snake I Killed In My Kennel Tonight by kharyhordhe(m): 6:21pm On Jan 17, 2020
BOUNTYDOG:
As I got home to drive in the compound, I saw a large green snake trying to get out of the compound, I moved fast so I could crush it, but guess I missed it as I couldn't find it again.

I went directly to my kennel to see if all is okay and alas, I found this big black snake lying under the tree, I 1st thought it wàs the green one I tried to crush that pulled off its skin, cos I hear dey change skins, I was a bit relieved as they say they never come back to wherever they change their skin, but as I observed it, I realised it's a life snake. (Wahala dey oh) for dis midnight, me wey fear snake.

I called out some boys to help out, na so we see the snake begin move to find an escape route, the boys self dey fear nobody could get close. I 1st got a Sack, put some dried leaves in it, poured petrol and kerosene, lit it up and threw it on the snake, na so snake ginger and was looking for a way to get into a dogs cage, that scared me and I summoned courage and threw a big stone on its head, then we started bombarding it with stones

For the 1st time in my life I killed a snake,
Not ordinary snake but a big black snake

I would love to know about this particular snake specie and their characteristics .
check my signature no stories
Re: See The Snake I Killed In My Kennel Tonight by atoleybaba(m): 8:05pm On Jan 17, 2020
BOUNTYDOG:

Boss u need to see how e dey do me like horror film ,what if I came and saw d two of dem in my kennel? My leg no for fit carry the horsepower my brain for release lol
I'm just wondering where both of dem came from and what they came to do in my kennel

I was able to kill the black one cos he was not moving swiftly,though not as if its wounded,I just wonder why it wasn't moving fast,I for Don jaaappaaaa
Cos I expect it to have ran away when I went looking for boys to help me
it is a cobra...they move slowly I killed one like that too last year August

Re: See The Snake I Killed In My Kennel Tonight by generalud: 8:25pm On Jan 17, 2020
That means you only succeeded in killing the black snake while letting go the green snake. See opportunity cost in killing snake. [color=#000099][/color]
Re: See The Snake I Killed In My Kennel Tonight by VolvoS60(m): 10:25pm On Jan 17, 2020
BOUNTYDOG:

I went directly to my kennel to see if all is okay and alas, I found this big black snake lying under the tree.

For the 1st time in my life I killed a snake,
Not ordinary snake but a big black snake

I would love to know about this particular snake specie and their characteristics .

^^^
I guess you did what you had to do when you found out that the snake could pose a threat to your pets...

Its hard to tell the species from the pictures since you burn't? the snake. From the pictures though, it seems the snake had fangs (from the little I can see) and that points to a venomous snake. If it had yellow patches on its ventral scales then it was most likely a West African forest cobra - they are very widely distributed among most of Nigeria's climatic zones.

For future encounters: if you are left with no option but to kill a venomous snake and you eventually do so, please ensure its head is cut off and buried. Snakes are cold blooded creatures with slow metabolism and the bite reflex is still very much active even after we humans believe the snake is 'dead'. There have been multiple cases of snakes that were crushed and left for dead (except for the head) - only for them to bite unsuspecting people who handled them carelessly in the mistaken belief that they were dead. Don't be a victim please. Avoid handling them (dead or alive) unless you really have to.

As another poster pointed out - please consider the possibility that a snake you confront - with the intention of killing it - may just happen to be a spitting cobra. They may not be as widely distributed in our environment as forest cobras but they are still there! In the tension and drama of an encounter, it is easy to forget this and to assume that as long as we stay out of striking distance, we are safe. undecided Well...even if you are out of range of being bitten, a spitting cobra could easily shoot venom into both your eyes (with 100% accuracy!) from up to 10 feet away! The result? Temporary or permanent blindness. undecided And if the droplets somehow get into your lungs? Death is a real possibility.

Stay safe.
Re: See The Snake I Killed In My Kennel Tonight by brookz: 11:20pm On Jan 17, 2020
You've been awarded with SnakeLand Hero of the week. grin grin

Two different snakes in at the same time in a single night.
Re: See The Snake I Killed In My Kennel Tonight by dheolexaone(f): 7:17am On Jan 18, 2020
It baffles me as to how ppl tend to be interested in the life history of snakes when they didn't study Zoology.

Thank God for ur life tho.
Re: See The Snake I Killed In My Kennel Tonight by Olamywealth10: 3:03pm On Jan 18, 2020
Lalaaa don suffer! So lalaaa I nor they chop beef or fish at all. Na so so � �.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Do Dogs See Spirits And Witches? / A Video Of Dogs 'Praying' Before Eating Goes Viral / Joachim Iroko In Court For Naming His Dog Buhari (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.