Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,061 members, 7,818,180 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 09:33 AM

SIM Recycling Rings Danger For Phone Users - Phones (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / SIM Recycling Rings Danger For Phone Users (34004 Views)

Pantami's Decision To Mine Data Of Phone Users Trailed By Controversy / An Open Letter To MTN With Regards To Their Recycling Of Numbers / "Itel S15 Pro: For Phone Users Who Take A Lot Of Selfies" (Pictures) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: SIM Recycling Rings Danger For Phone Users by fegori: 1:43pm On Jan 17, 2020
I keep getting calls from some Hausa people that don't even know how to speak English and i don't live in the North

1 Like 1 Share

Re: SIM Recycling Rings Danger For Phone Users by Sunisonflex39(m): 1:43pm On Jan 17, 2020
K00da:

grin grin it must be s very long dream grin grin
Safer choice will be to play straight win for all those home teams
bros try it with 100 naira u can remove certain odds cos the odds are big o

1 Like

Re: SIM Recycling Rings Danger For Phone Users by ibietela2(m): 1:45pm On Jan 17, 2020
nairalandbuzz:

The fact is that it is done all over the world. Here, I still receive unknown calls on my home line.

It is dangerous in Nigeria because some Nigerians are diabolical and extremely wicked there is no way you could have known what was done with the number by the previous user.

Where's is here?

1 Like

Re: SIM Recycling Rings Danger For Phone Users by factoryreset: 1:50pm On Jan 17, 2020
Offpoint:
That's how I bought airtel line last year from their office, registered the line and went home. Two days later, I decided to register whatsapp with the line, that evening that's how I received whatsapp message.

A guy threatening me, telling me I stole his one month old 2 weeks ago and I even have the guts to start using the phone with his sim.

He threatened me with God, Ogun, sango, Poseidon, Hades, Odin, Amadioha, police, army... dude literally threatened me with everything he could.

I tried convincing him it's a new sim I just bought and was even surprised receiving his message cuz I've not given that number out yet.

The guy wasn't listening, after threats he was even begging I returned his phone cuz he saved for over a year to get that phone and he only used it for 2 weeks.

It wasn't until I showed him the sim card with the number on it before he believed me.

I was so pissed I call Airtel Care Deck and served them their own portion of what the guy served me... still not satisfied: I headed straight to their office and served them deserts.

Imagine if I was caught with such line in public, how will I convinced them that I didn't steal the guy's phone?

Re-assigning SIM is really dangerous.

You're very lucky that the guy didn't involve SARS.
Re: SIM Recycling Rings Danger For Phone Users by golddare: 1:51pm On Jan 17, 2020
godwingenesis472:

https://m.guardian.ng/technology/sim-recycling-rings-danger-for-phone-users/

I tell you, its poses danger. Imagine someone called me and was insisting it's not a wrong number that where is the owner of the number.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: SIM Recycling Rings Danger For Phone Users by CSTR2: 1:56pm On Jan 17, 2020
sod09:
One girl called me saying I have forgotten her after having sex with her, I told her wrong number that I just got the sim she said she recognised my voice.
Funny thing is she knew my name, it's was video call that made her believe me
Video call.

Did you continue banging the girl?
Re: SIM Recycling Rings Danger For Phone Users by achi4u(m): 1:56pm On Jan 17, 2020
Kingosytex:

All these prophets wey dey Naija suppose put heads together give guys like 5 correct scores make guys hammer once and for all.
gringrin. The guy above done talk wetin I wan tok
Re: SIM Recycling Rings Danger For Phone Users by spyglaxx: 1:58pm On Jan 17, 2020
It was a lagos agbero that called me and told me today is my last day on earth that I stole his phone with the sim. I asked him to spell out the number which he did to my surprise .Imagine an agbero catching me with his number.

3 Likes

Re: SIM Recycling Rings Danger For Phone Users by cfree14(m): 2:09pm On Jan 17, 2020
Kingosytex:

All these prophets wey dey Naija suppose put heads together give guys like 5 correct scores make guys hammer once and for all.
Tell me why ur own president no go call u lazy
Re: SIM Recycling Rings Danger For Phone Users by pacespot(m): 2:15pm On Jan 17, 2020
This is real, I've been receiving calls from one Hausa man, but not quite often, recently. My line has been active over the years, I've never changed my sim.
Re: SIM Recycling Rings Danger For Phone Users by Chayson: 2:15pm On Jan 17, 2020
[s]
voltron14:

Didnt know such services existed.
[/s]
Re: SIM Recycling Rings Danger For Phone Users by askjohnprosper: 2:18pm On Jan 17, 2020
Same apply to mtn 0803 I have used since 2005. Aboki always call. I used to receive pension alert for one Victor. But this people wey dey call me begin speak Hausa done tire me.2005- 2019 na how many years?

1 Like

Re: SIM Recycling Rings Danger For Phone Users by nairalandbuzz(m): 2:24pm On Jan 17, 2020
ibietela2:

Where's is here?

Ask google!
Re: SIM Recycling Rings Danger For Phone Users by Chayson: 2:25pm On Jan 17, 2020
[s]
voltron14:

So if you are out of the country what do you do?
[/s]
Re: SIM Recycling Rings Danger For Phone Users by Agboriotejoye(m): 2:30pm On Jan 17, 2020
Kingosytex:
Me, my own be say me don tire to de tell aabokis say na wrong number dem de call cheesy cheesy

There is this man from the north that calls me almost on weekly basis, each time he calls I try in vain to explain to him that I am not Alhaji Yusuf...the thing don tire me sef.
Are you sure it's not Yusuf Buhari they're referring to? shocked
Your beans don done be dat o angry
Re: SIM Recycling Rings Danger For Phone Users by johnaruson(m): 2:57pm On Jan 17, 2020
You shouldn't have publish the person's address and phone numbers and names intact. This is very dangerous.
PurestBoy:
I keep receiving this when I never lived in Lagos nor own a PHCN meter. What do I do?
Re: SIM Recycling Rings Danger For Phone Users by Offpoint: 3:02pm On Jan 17, 2020
dominique:

I don't believe this. Networks don't reassign numbers within a month of lack of activity on it. They block the line after six months, and may not recycle the line till a year later
Dear, I didn't shared that story to gainer likes or whatsoever.

I don't know if the guy lied about losing his phone for just 2 weeks, but this is a true story.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: SIM Recycling Rings Danger For Phone Users by Offpoint: 3:04pm On Jan 17, 2020
Benjaniblinks:

My man..... You later buy the INEC power bank?
Nope, someone gave me his MTN Solar.
Re: SIM Recycling Rings Danger For Phone Users by metroid(m): 3:44pm On Jan 17, 2020
Kingosytex:

Re: SIM Recycling Rings Danger For Phone Users by Naijaarchive(m): 4:04pm On Jan 17, 2020
PurestBoy:
I keep receiving this when I never lived in Lagos nor own a PHCN meter. What do I do?

Ahhhh... See debts and we are complaining of no light....
Re: SIM Recycling Rings Danger For Phone Users by jahlove4jah: 4:04pm On Jan 17, 2020
What is the way out of these dangers?
Sunisonflex39:
if na to predict for politicians them go sabi.
u dey mind them?
Re: SIM Recycling Rings Danger For Phone Users by Deejaygold(m): 4:08pm On Jan 17, 2020
Offpoint:
That's how I bought airtel line last year from their office, registered the line and went home. Two days later, I decided to register whatsapp with the line, that evening that's how I received whatsapp message.

A guy threatening me, telling me I stole his one month old 2 weeks ago and I even have the guts to start using the phone with his sim.

He threatened me with God, Ogun, sango, Poseidon, Hades, Odin, Amadioha, police, army... dude literally threatened me with everything he could.

I tried convincing him it's a new sim I just bought and was even surprised receiving his message cuz I've not given that number out yet.

The guy wasn't listening, after threats he was even begging I returned his phone cuz he saved for over a year to get that phone and he only used it for 2 weeks.

It wasn't until I showed him the sim card with the number on it before he believed me.

I was so pissed I call Airtel Care Deck and served them their own portion of what the guy served me... still not satisfied: I headed straight to their office and served them deserts.

Imagine if I was caught with such line in public, how will I convinced them that I didn't steal the guy's phone?

Re-assigning SIM is really dangerous.
I can imagine, sorry bruh
Re: SIM Recycling Rings Danger For Phone Users by Malawian(m): 4:13pm On Jan 17, 2020
What happens to phone numbers of people who died?
Re: SIM Recycling Rings Danger For Phone Users by zigzagluv: 4:21pm On Jan 17, 2020
what of if he out of the country, samething happen to me , i have been out of the country for 1 year and my number has been given to somebody else and now my banker statement and other information is with same person
edoairways:

Blame that dude for leaving his line inactive for more 90 days.
Re: SIM Recycling Rings Danger For Phone Users by edoairways: 4:25pm On Jan 17, 2020
zigzagluv:
what of if he out of the country, samething happen to me , i have been out of the country for 1 year and my number has been given to somebody else and now my banker statement and other information is with same person
Contact your service provider to secure your line while out of the country. MTN offer such service for N500 per year

1 Like

Re: SIM Recycling Rings Danger For Phone Users by zigzagluv: 4:25pm On Jan 17, 2020
i have tired and they said nothing can be done
edoairways:

Contact your service provider to reserve it though it cost a fee
Re: SIM Recycling Rings Danger For Phone Users by zigzagluv: 4:26pm On Jan 17, 2020
its glo, i didnt notice , tell the person start using the number to cal my family. but when i wrote glo , they say there is nothing they can do
edoairways:

Contact your service provider to secure your line while out of the country. MTN offer such service for N500 per year
Re: SIM Recycling Rings Danger For Phone Users by edoairways: 4:31pm On Jan 17, 2020
zigzagluv:
its glo, i didnt notice , tell the person start using the number to cal my family. but when i wrote glo , they say there is nothing they can do
So unfortunate however MTN has been offering that service for long

1 Like

Re: SIM Recycling Rings Danger For Phone Users by edoairways: 4:31pm On Jan 17, 2020
zigzagluv:
i have tired and they said nothing can be done
Did you apply for the service and was charged N500?

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Any Experiencing Glo Bad Network??? / If Whatsapp Messages Are Encrypted End To End, How Then Do They Leak? / TECNO Unveils Spark 9 Pro Sport Edition, Designed By Bmw's Designworks

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.