Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,127 members, 7,825,530 topics. Date: Sunday, 12 May 2024 at 05:00 PM

Respect Or Love, What Do Guys Want More - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Respect Or Love, What Do Guys Want More (2279 Views)

Is It A Lack Of Respect Or A Matter Of Pride? / Is This A Sign Of Respect Or High Service? / Respect Or Love (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Respect Or Love, What Do Guys Want More by Gamine(f): 5:43pm On May 29, 2007
Yeah i heard recently that guys would give their arms more for respect
because love comes second,
i want to know if this is true,

Cos the Bible States in[b] Eph 5:33[/b]
Nevertheless, each individual among you also is to love his own wife even as himself, and the wife must see to it that she respects her husband.
Re: Respect Or Love, What Do Guys Want More by texazzpete(m): 7:36pm On May 29, 2007
Love and mutual respect always works for most guys (at least i hope so!)
kinda hard to love someone and not respect him, isn't it?

Gamine, I think the Bible passage is coming from the angle that most times the love came from the women and the passage's just trying to exhort men to love their wives. . .
The respect thingy was a big issue in Biblical times, cos men were clearly defined as the head of the family, so respect from wife and kids was a must at that time.

Hmm. . .was i helpful, or did i ramble on OT as usual?  grin
Re: Respect Or Love, What Do Guys Want More by iice(f): 1:18pm On Jun 01, 2007
*suscribing*
Re: Respect Or Love, What Do Guys Want More by RuuDie(m): 1:31pm On Jun 01, 2007
how on earth u gonna love some1 without respecting 'em
Re: Respect Or Love, What Do Guys Want More by luxoire(f): 1:43pm On Jun 01, 2007
@RuuDie
where ever u went to for the weekend, did u a hell of a lot of good, cos u actually talk small sense now sha, I AM PROUD OF YOU

@topic
u can respect someone and not love them, but it is pretty hard to say u love some one and yet u can't bring yourself to respect them.
Re: Respect Or Love, What Do Guys Want More by Gamine(f): 1:56pm On Jun 02, 2007
u can love without respect,

but guys usually want the respect shown before they see ur expression of love
Re: Respect Or Love, What Do Guys Want More by marlet01(m): 2:00pm On Jun 02, 2007
Gamine:

u can love without respect,

but guys usually want the respect shown before they see your expression of love
I disagree with this.

You can't love without respect.
Re: Respect Or Love, What Do Guys Want More by Hugoboi(m): 2:00pm On Jun 02, 2007
@ Gamine

I beg to differ.How can u genuinely "love" without "respect"?
As far as i'm concerned, respect is part of wat constitues real love and where it is lacking.i really dont see the possibility of there being true love.

@ topic
I really dig respect cus ur partner can only love and value u if she has respect for u.this is my candid submission.
Re: Respect Or Love, What Do Guys Want More by Gamine(f): 2:09pm On Jun 02, 2007
i have this illustration,

ur wife or gf that loves u is in an arguement with u and she walks out on u
it dosnt mean she dosnt love u anymo but at that point whut she did was disrespectful

y'all got to admit gurls do a lota things to guys that are reli disrespectful evn if they dont kno it
and vice versa

but gurls can easily take in ths disrespect unlike guys
Re: Respect Or Love, What Do Guys Want More by Douzy(m): 2:18pm On Jun 02, 2007
Seriously, love without respect is a sham!
Re: Respect Or Love, What Do Guys Want More by niceuzor: 2:22pm On Jun 02, 2007
Gamine thx for bring this topic on board

@topic

-  Respect & Love are two different things,but respect come 1st in very relationship because without respect the relationship will not last long,
- Love is natural & it's come after respect

Question:What Do Guys Want More

What do u expect if not Sex,Romance blablaaaaaaa cheesy

I hope u guyz understand the simplicity of this content! wink
Re: Respect Or Love, What Do Guys Want More by Gamine(f): 2:29pm On Jun 02, 2007
Exactly!

Love and Respect are Plainly different

And the Average guy wants someone that wld do his everybidding, love or not!
Re: Respect Or Love, What Do Guys Want More by ladyjini(f): 2:31pm On Jun 02, 2007
[i]
according the word in the Holy bible 'it says' faith without good work is dead' likewisw love without respect there will be no peace in the house, i mean it cannot workout[/i]With the existence of l[b]ove[/b] there comes the establishment of respect wether u like it or not beleive it.
Re: Respect Or Love, What Do Guys Want More by puker(m): 8:20pm On Jun 02, 2007
Love beget respect. So love comes first respect will surely follow.
Re: Respect Or Love, What Do Guys Want More by Gamine(f): 6:42pm On Jun 04, 2007
Hmm,
i have tested this

ok this guy was throwin some fine lyrics my way
and wen i told him i liked him but he reli didnt have anything that would make
me wanna go out wiv him, he started swearing all over my head,

Guys dont care if u love 'em , u must show Respect First!
Re: Respect Or Love, What Do Guys Want More by goldieloc(m): 10:49pm On Jun 04, 2007
its very difficult 2 love some1 and not respect dat person, never heard of it b4.
Re: Respect Or Love, What Do Guys Want More by Makamiyaki(m): 1:45pm On Jun 06, 2007
Respect of course!
why should a guy want to know if u love him?
Re: Respect Or Love, What Do Guys Want More by RuuDie(m): 6:56pm On Jun 06, 2007
Gamine:

Hmm,
i have tested this

ok this guy was throwin some fine lyrics my way
and when i told him i liked him but he reli didnt have anything that would make
me want to go out with him, he started swearing all over my head,

Hmmm -- very familiar ! wink
Re: Respect Or Love, What Do Guys Want More by MILITIA(f): 7:05pm On Jun 06, 2007
Oh Please! Neither---only a very good "phock"!

(1) (Reply)

Why Girls Don't Ask For A Guys Number On The First Day / Your Woman Eyes Another Man In Your Presence / "beauty Is In The Eyes Of The Beholder" How True?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.