Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,114 members, 7,818,320 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 12:36 PM

Harry And Meghan Will No Longer Use Official Titles - Buckingham Palace - Foreign Affairs (19) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Harry And Meghan Will No Longer Use Official Titles - Buckingham Palace (65846 Views)

Double Rainbow Appears Over Buckingham Palace On Eve Of Queen's Funeral (photos) / Harry And Meghan Angry As Their Kids, Archie And Lillibet Won't Get HRH Titles / Prince Harry And Meghan Markle To ‘Step Back’ From Royal Duties (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (16) (17) (18) (19) (20) (21) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Harry And Meghan Will No Longer Use Official Titles - Buckingham Palace by salford1: 8:40pm On Jan 19, 2020
midnighter:

Nobody is downplaying anything.

Go and research "Danny Baker" and his history of lampooning upper class people with silly memes.

Peoples actions should be taken in context. He was clearly not going out of his way to be racist.

I am only pointing out that the whole fiasco shouldnt be used as an example of why the British press has not been racist against Meghan. Its a red herring.
I don't care about him and never heard of him until the dickhead posted that racist meme on twitter.

What I am saying is that posting a monkey picture to depict a mixed race baby is a racist act. Simple.as ABC. It's not different from throwing banana at a Blackman.

2 Likes

Re: Harry And Meghan Will No Longer Use Official Titles - Buckingham Palace by bukatyne(f): 8:41pm On Jan 19, 2020
LordAdam16:

What's 2.4m pounds, when Daddy gives you (by some estimates) up to 4m pounds annually.

They're still trying to stay in the good graces of the public, and the British public especially took issue with the cost of that renovation.

Mama Charlie stripped him of all his honorary military appointments as a stern rebuke considering he served.

This is a guy who would at most earn 50k pounds with his skill set. Yet the 35-yr old man-child is relying on daddy to cut him million-dollar checks every year on top of an already sizable inheritance; while claiming he is serious about becoming financially independent.

And by becoming financially independent, he means scouting for voice over roles for his wife who would easily be the breadwinner if he wasn't born of privilege.

Most folks can rail on Megan as much as they like, but Harry deserves a spanking.

-Lord

@bold:

Very true.
Re: Harry And Meghan Will No Longer Use Official Titles - Buckingham Palace by midnighter(f): 8:41pm On Jan 19, 2020
salford1:

I don't care about him and never heard of him until the dickhead posted that racist meme on twitter.

What I am saying is that posting a monkey picture to depict a mixed race baby is a racist act. Simple.as ABC. It's not different from throwing banana at a Blackman.

Stop talking out of emotions and check the background of the man before quoting me.

I followed the whole thing very closely when it happened and this is incident is not an example of why British people are not racist, which is how Sassysure was using it.
Re: Harry And Meghan Will No Longer Use Official Titles - Buckingham Palace by salford1: 8:42pm On Jan 19, 2020
midnighter:

Stop talking out of emotions and check the background of the man before quoting me.
Why should I check his background and what is so special about it

Every media outlet called his act Racist, and it was indeed racist. That is all that matters.

2 Likes

Re: Harry And Meghan Will No Longer Use Official Titles - Buckingham Palace by midnighter(f): 8:43pm On Jan 19, 2020
salford1:

Why should I check his background and what is so special about it

Every media outlet called his act Racist, and it was indeed racist. That is all that matters.

So stop quoting me if you dont want to look at the full story.
Re: Harry And Meghan Will No Longer Use Official Titles - Buckingham Palace by Nobody: 8:44pm On Jan 19, 2020
brashear:

They really didn't have a choice, he seemed to have gone overboard by tweeting a picture of a chimp and the posts from Brits news outlet are so nuanced in a way you can't tag it as a racial slur.
Hmm,I wish them them.the best.

Let's hope no more drama again.
Re: Harry And Meghan Will No Longer Use Official Titles - Buckingham Palace by salford1: 8:44pm On Jan 19, 2020
midnighter:

I can quote anyone I like. Nairaland doesnt belong to you.

1 Like

Re: Harry And Meghan Will No Longer Use Official Titles - Buckingham Palace by midnighter(f): 8:46pm On Jan 19, 2020
salford1:

I can quote anyone I like. Nairaland doesnt belong to you.

Brilliant. Dont expect a response after this kiss Keep rushing to label people racist without looking into the details, bye!
Re: Harry And Meghan Will No Longer Use Official Titles - Buckingham Palace by salford1: 8:47pm On Jan 19, 2020
midnighter:

Brilliant. Dont expect a response after this kiss Keep rushing to label people racist without looking into the details, bye!
Bye, Felicia. grin

1 Like

Re: Harry And Meghan Will No Longer Use Official Titles - Buckingham Palace by Nobody: 8:49pm On Jan 19, 2020
midnighter:

It wouldn't have been racist had the man not known of the situation on ground about to explode.

He knew British people hate Meghan.
Comedians use comedy to pass messages along subtly.
People reacted immediately. Some said he can't be paid with their money yet insulting a new born.
Yes, he knew exactly what he did.
He was just shocked that people didn't swallow the useless joke this time around.

2 Likes

Re: Harry And Meghan Will No Longer Use Official Titles - Buckingham Palace by Nobody: 8:51pm On Jan 19, 2020
People can agree to disagree na.

Afterall they don't know us.
We are just homouring ourselves.
They have all moved on.
No need taking it personal
Re: Harry And Meghan Will No Longer Use Official Titles - Buckingham Palace by midnighter(f): 8:53pm On Jan 19, 2020
sassysure:

It wouldn't have been racist had the man not known of the situation on ground about to explode.

He knew British people hate Meghan.
Comedians use comedy to pass messages along subtly.
People reacted immediately. Some said he can't be paid with their money yet insulting a new born.
Yes, he knew exactly what he did.
He was just shocked that people didn't swallow the useless joke this time around.

Wait a second. So you seriously believe that a radio broadcaster who has been commentating on football matches for decades deliberately posted a monkey picture of a black person just to make people laugh?

Do you know him? He posts that monkey stuff every time something happens to wealthy people. The post had nothing to do with racism even though it was insensitive.

Anyway my point was that the fact that Britain jumped to Meghans defence doesnt mean that she has not suffered racism.
Re: Harry And Meghan Will No Longer Use Official Titles - Buckingham Palace by salford1: 8:53pm On Jan 19, 2020
sassysure:

Hmm,I wish them them.the best.

Let's hope no more drama again.

Na so.
Two consenting adults should not be dictated to on how they choose to live their lives.

We are glad to have them over here in the true North - strong and free, and wish them well in all their endeavors. The Queen is also happy for them and has given them her blessings cool

2 Likes

Re: Harry And Meghan Will No Longer Use Official Titles - Buckingham Palace by DexterousOne(m): 8:57pm On Jan 19, 2020
LordAdam16:

What would you do?

Na from when you small courtesans for don dey monitor you. Before you raise dust, dem don clip all your small wings wen u fil say u get.

Edward who's pretty much Harry's idol at this point was the same. He was even more powerful and of more importance. Yet his father wanted to give the throne to his brother and hoped Elizabeth will rule. In his words, "I pray to God that my eldest son will never marry and have children, and that nothing will come between Bertie and Lilibet and the throne."

As you can see, your kind are nothing special. The royal court was set up primarily for self-preservation to combat against destructive elements like yourself.

Edward was told all allowances to him would be cut off if he ever stepped in England without invitation. His wife, Wallis, never received a royal title even though she and he requested for it. Edward's own case of "What Megan wants, Megan gets." He didn't have any kids, but if he had, all of them were to be denied any titles or privileges by royal decree.

The joker actually believed his exile would only last for 2 years tops. It lasted till death.

At the end of the day, Edward had to be supported with allowances paid by his brother George himself, as his mother Queen Mary made certain neither the crown nor the government gave him a dime. At a time, his calls to Buckingham palace were not put through. He spent his large inheritance sustaining the celebrity lifestyle of Wallis.

Chapelle joked once that Bill Gates would commit suicide if he woke up with Oprah's money. Harry is about to understand what that joke really means.

-Lord

I'm not surprised at your comments anyways cheesy cheesy
Misogynist personality as yourself who can't fathom men damming all consequences for the woman they feel is worth it

At the end of the day, Edward live a fufillled life despite everything

That said

Nobody disses my wife
PERIOD

And when I mean all hell would break loose
Of course it has nothing to do with ruining my heritage, it's more of putting those who are running their basket mouths about my wife

That's it

As Harry drop this bomb for example
I'm very proud of him

1 Like

Re: Harry And Meghan Will No Longer Use Official Titles - Buckingham Palace by DexterousOne(m): 9:01pm On Jan 19, 2020
salford1:

Na so.
Two consenting adults should not be dictated to on how they choose to live their lives.

We are glad to have them over here in the true North - strong and free, and wish them well in all their endeavors. The Queen is also happy for them and has given them her blessings cool

Exactly

Harry is the man....

He did what most cowards of men wouldn't dream of doing.

At the end of the day

If your woman is worth it
She is worth it

#Period

2 Likes

Re: Harry And Meghan Will No Longer Use Official Titles - Buckingham Palace by salford1: 9:08pm On Jan 19, 2020
DexterousOne:

Exactly

Harry is the man....

He did what most cowards of men wouldn't dream of doing.

At the end of the day

If your woman is worth it
She is worth it

#Period
True. He is also only stepping back a little as well. He is still a solid member of the royal family. The Royal family would reassess their wellbeing after one year and then decide on the next line of action for the family. They would be shuttling between their mansion in Vancouver and their home in the UK.

1 Like

Re: Harry And Meghan Will No Longer Use Official Titles - Buckingham Palace by DexterousOne(m): 9:09pm On Jan 19, 2020
bukatyne:

Meghan a gold digger? I have not thought of her in that light. She was an actress doing well for herself, what gold was/is she digging?

A social climber? Maybe. I would say more of attention seeking smiley

I however think her character is selfish, fickle, immature and lacks emotional maturity.

And I still think she would deal with Harry who is self absorbed, lacks emotional maturity and does not think of the consequences of his actions. cheesy

Like my people would say, he don use girlfriend do wife. wink

I'm disappointed lipsrsealed

1 Like

Re: Harry And Meghan Will No Longer Use Official Titles - Buckingham Palace by DexterousOne(m): 9:10pm On Jan 19, 2020
salford1:

True. He is also only stepping back a little as well. He is still a solid member of the royal family. The Royal family would reassess there wellbeing after one year and then decide on the next line of action for the family. They would be shuttling between their mansion in Vancouver and their home in the UK.

Of course

It's upsetting a lot of people that he is "stepping back a little"

Left to most people
He should not step back at all

2 Likes

Re: Harry And Meghan Will No Longer Use Official Titles - Buckingham Palace by bukatyne(f): 9:12pm On Jan 19, 2020
DexterousOne:

I'm disappointed lipsrsealed

I am sorry you are disappointed.

I am not sorry about the source of your disappointment.

2 Likes

Re: Harry And Meghan Will No Longer Use Official Titles - Buckingham Palace by bukatyne(f): 9:14pm On Jan 19, 2020
DexterousOne:

I'm not surprised at your comments anyways cheesy cheesy
Misogynist personality as yourself who can't fathom men damming all consequences for the woman they feel is worth it

At the end of the day, Edward live a fufillled life despite everything

That said

Nobody disses my wife
PERIOD

And when I mean all hell would break loose
Of course it has nothing to do with ruining my heritage, it's more of putting those who are running their basket mouths about my wife

That's it

As Harry drop this bomb for example
I'm very proud of him

Your definition of fulfilling is funny.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Harry And Meghan Will No Longer Use Official Titles - Buckingham Palace by Nobody: 9:21pm On Jan 19, 2020
salford1:

Na so.

Haaaa cheesy
Greet them for me o.

1 Like

Re: Harry And Meghan Will No Longer Use Official Titles - Buckingham Palace by BRATISLAVA: 9:24pm On Jan 19, 2020
cococandy:
Bukatyne. You also endorse me this guy’s post.

He basically called her a gold digging social climber.

And you endorsed it.

What's happened to the post?
Re: Harry And Meghan Will No Longer Use Official Titles - Buckingham Palace by Nobody: 9:27pm On Jan 19, 2020
midnighter:

Wait a second. So you seriously believe that a radio broadcaster who has been commentating on football matches for decades deliberately posted a monkey picture of a black person just to make people laugh?

Anyway my point was that the fact that Britain jumped to Meghans defence doesnt mean that she has not suffered racism.
What are u saying?
He deliberately did that but was surprised it generated negativity.
They do things like that deliberately.
Anyway, it's a bygone.
BBC sacked him.
He apologised.
Case closed.

If he start working for them again is another case entirely but this time he will tread carefully.

If he does so again, I'm sure Harry will sue is fking asss off.
U don't know British people.

Are they not the one that said Nigerian politicians are fantastically corrupt cheesy
What sarcasm cheesy
When u talk of sarcasm, meet a Briton.
So that man knew what he did
This is how they will stab u and yet air blow u at the same time.

2 Likes

Re: Harry And Meghan Will No Longer Use Official Titles - Buckingham Palace by DexterousOne(m): 9:28pm On Jan 19, 2020
bukatyne:

I am sorry you are disappointed.

I am not sorry about the source of your disappointment.

Actually that's fine.

We see the world differently

1 Like

Re: Harry And Meghan Will No Longer Use Official Titles - Buckingham Palace by midnighter(f): 9:44pm On Jan 19, 2020
sassysure:

What are u saying?
He deliberately did that but was surprised it generated negativity.
They do things like that deliberately.
Anyway, it's a bygone.
BBC sacked him.
He apologised.
Case closed.

He calls white people monkeys all the time. Why do you keep ignoring that fact?

If you want racism to be taken seriously then call a spade a spade.

Youre telling me about British people but do you think even a deliberately controversial right-wing British columnist like Piers Morgan or Katie Hopkins would come out and call somebody a monkey to her face?

Its not everybody that is racist please...this is the problem with modern-day hypersensitivity that distracts from the main issue.

Exactly like that thread with the guy who smacked his wife and people ignored the whole background of the story and rushed to call him a woman-beater. Thereby giving misogynists license to make fun of domestic violence victims.
Re: Harry And Meghan Will No Longer Use Official Titles - Buckingham Palace by raybaba97(m): 10:04pm On Jan 19, 2020
midnighter:

You accused me of being unaware of history and then instead of enlightening me, wrote a whole reply full of vaguery that didnt explain anything. Maybe its just your writing style but i struggled to glean anything concrete from what you said.

What were the alternatives?

Even if he hesitated, its on record that he told them that he was prepared to abdicate.

The alternative was a monogenic marriage where he would marry the girl but she would not be Queen. It had never been done in Britain but people were willing to take that compromise with him.

He disagreed and was seeking ways to get both the crown and the woman.

When Parliament realized he was seeking outside support to strongarm them, they forced the issue.

I never said he was not willing to abdicate. Parliament couldn't have made him do it if he didn't agree.

What I'm saying is that although he eventually did abdicate, he would have gone with almost anything else that allowed his children to inherit.

He was brave enough to confront Parliament on the issue. That's the only good thing I saw in him.
Re: Harry And Meghan Will No Longer Use Official Titles - Buckingham Palace by Seun(m): 10:04pm On Jan 19, 2020
Meghan's treatment by the tabloids is not primarily motivated by racism. Proof: Doria Ragland, Meghan's 63 year old black mum, is hardly ever attacked by the tabloids. When she is mentioned in the press, the comments are generally positive or neutral. She is more black than Meghan. The backlash against Meghan is caused by an apparent disrespect for the traditions of the royal family and the UK culture that she married into.

There is racism in the UK, no doubt, but if a really black woman like Lupita Nyongo or Oluchi Onweagba married Harry and respected the royal traditions, I don't doubt that she would be regarded quite well by the majority of UK people. Only the most extreme racists would dislike her.

19 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Harry And Meghan Will No Longer Use Official Titles - Buckingham Palace by crackkhaus: 10:18pm On Jan 19, 2020
Seun:
Meghan's treatment by the tabloids is not primarily motivated by racism. Proof: Doria Ragland, Meghan's 63 year old black mum, is hardly ever attacked by the tabloids. When she is mentioned in the press, the comments are generally positive or neutral. She is more black than Meghan. The backlash against Meghan is caused by an apparent disrespect for the traditions of the royal family and the UK culture that she married into.

There is racism in the UK, no doubt, but if a really black woman like Lupita Nyongo or Oluchi Onweagba married Harry and respected the royal traditions, I don't doubt that she would be regarded quite well by the majority of UK people. Only the most extreme racists would dislike her.
Tualé Baba... cheesy

Even after you ignored my mail, I forgive you. grin

I still Tualé oo.

1 Like

Re: Harry And Meghan Will No Longer Use Official Titles - Buckingham Palace by crackkhaus: 10:23pm On Jan 19, 2020
Question
Why did the royal family not defend Meghan in public?

Answer
Because the Queen and her 99cousins are also racist.

cheesy

You all can either believe that, or you can finally understand that Meghan might really have a problem with her attitude and demeanor that makes it difficult for people around her to like her enough to want to defend her.
Re: Harry And Meghan Will No Longer Use Official Titles - Buckingham Palace by Nobody: 10:27pm On Jan 19, 2020
Seun:

Yeah, at a point friends stopped inviting them.to elite dinners because of her "American" behaviour.
She already stated she hate the old tradition.

This is what got on the Britons nerves.

Like I said, some said, she is trying to tell them how to live as they obviously have not been living before.
"Oh how the nerve of her"!
Stay around these people and go crazy.

Already, it has gone political.
Trust politicians to milk this to their benefits cheesy

2 Likes

Re: Harry And Meghan Will No Longer Use Official Titles - Buckingham Palace by Khaleell001(m): 10:28pm On Jan 19, 2020
jesmond3945:
a misogynist spotted.

Not only misogynist spotted, you will see miss one of your teeth.

1 Like

Re: Harry And Meghan Will No Longer Use Official Titles - Buckingham Palace by midnighter(f): 10:29pm On Jan 19, 2020
raybaba97:

The alternative was a monogenic marriage where he would marry the girl but she would not be Queen. It had never been done in Britain but people were willing to take that compromise with him.

He disagreed and was seeking ways to get both the crown and the woman.

When Parliament realized he was seeking outside support to strongarm them, they forced the issue.

I knew there was something fishy about your comments so I decided not to type too much.

Edward VIII proposed a morganatic marriage which would mean his wife and children wouldnt inherit any title and the Prime Minister and commonwealth blocked him and said that the British tradition wouldnt allow for such.

He wanted to go on radio broadcast and ask the British people for permission to go ahead with the same morganatic marriage and the Prime Minister blocked him again and said that it wasnt proper for the King to use the public to undermine the cabinet.

That was how the whole abdication stuff started.

(1) (2) (3) ... (16) (17) (18) (19) (20) (21) (Reply)

Nelson Mandela Is Dead / Donald Trump Reacts To Impeachment: They Are Not After Me, They Are After You / Ukraine Sailor Attempts To Sink £5 Million Yacht Of Russian Boss (pics)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 73
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.