Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,452 members, 7,819,664 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 08:12 PM

Harry And Meghan Will No Longer Use Official Titles - Buckingham Palace - Foreign Affairs (17) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Harry And Meghan Will No Longer Use Official Titles - Buckingham Palace (65878 Views)

Double Rainbow Appears Over Buckingham Palace On Eve Of Queen's Funeral (photos) / Harry And Meghan Angry As Their Kids, Archie And Lillibet Won't Get HRH Titles / Prince Harry And Meghan Markle To ‘Step Back’ From Royal Duties (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) (20) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Harry And Meghan Will No Longer Use Official Titles - Buckingham Palace by cococandy(f): 7:07pm On Jan 19, 2020
You mentioned her wanting royal money
bukatyne:

Meghan a gold digger? I have not thought of her in that light. She was an actress doing well for herself, what gold was/is she digging?

A social climber? Maybe. I would say more of attention seeking smiley

I however think her character is selfish, fickle, immature and lacks emotional maturity.

And I still think she would deal with Harry who is self absorbed, lacks emotional maturity and does not think of the consequences of his actions. cheesy

Like my people would say, he don use girlfriend do wife. wink

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Harry And Meghan Will No Longer Use Official Titles - Buckingham Palace by LordAdam16: 7:10pm On Jan 19, 2020
bukatyne:

If it was China Chu, Titi Lagbaja, Chioma Nwoke, Halima Aminu, Jacequline Moniseur or Amiga Lasanga that was in Meghan's place, my comments would be same. I have nothing against Meghan as a person.

In every society, there is class system so yes, when the upper class stoops lower to marry someone out of their class, the other person pipes low.

One of the reasons I am not a fan of inter-class marriage.

And this is not a black vs. white thing.

Observe our politicians who were elected/rigged into temporal positions: their children marry themselves. Take top rich pastors: their kids marry themselves. Peeps who are upper class by birth e.g. traditional rulers and monrachs: Their children marry one another. Take a look at the old money families: They marry themselves. Infact, some old money would not tangle with nouveau rich because they feel they don't have the class or prestige.

Look at children who break out of the mold and marry below their class.

Meghan had several strikes against her so she should have studied the royal family well and aligned with them. It was the time to be about her own individuality. If she wanted her individuality, she should have married a non-royalty and she would have the freedom to flex as she deems fit.

It's plain ol' professional victimhood and shocking hypocrisy.

She's acting like classism is not a thing in America or the black community. And pretty much leading with the, "It's okay when we do it, not so much when someone else does it."

And people ask why European monarchies are not diverse. Meghan could not have been a better answer if she tried.

Princess Charlene of Monaco, a Zimbabwean-South African commoner, converted to Roman Catholicism to be more likable to the Monaco royal court.

Then there's Duchess Meghan who couldn't help but cause a ruckus because she was giving royal BJs.

-Lord
Re: Harry And Meghan Will No Longer Use Official Titles - Buckingham Palace by cococandy(f): 7:10pm On Jan 19, 2020
Bukatyne. You also endorse me this guy’s post.

He basically called her a gold digging social climber.

And you endorsed it.
BRATISLAVA:

Piers is truthful. He's personally experienced the woman's toxic social climbing. Her family gave out warnings that people thought was jealousy. In the end, it is actually true. The fact that she specifically traveled to the UK and told select people that she was looking for a rich guy, preferably Harry, then claimed she didn't know who he was, marks the height of her plotting.

Both she and her husband should've married as commoners if they didn't want the trappings of the Royal life. They wouldn't, though. They're spongers.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Harry And Meghan Will No Longer Use Official Titles - Buckingham Palace by bukatyne(f): 7:11pm On Jan 19, 2020
cococandy:
You mentioned her wanting royal money

bukatyne:

You don't like royal family but you like royal money,

Na beans?
The above was referring to the couple dropping their royal duties/ family and still expecting them to fund their lifestyle e.g. renovate what would be been their official home.
Re: Harry And Meghan Will No Longer Use Official Titles - Buckingham Palace by salford1: 7:13pm On Jan 19, 2020
bukatyne:

You are seeing things not there Coco.

That post was about the couple vs the Royal family.

Not the wife vs. the husband.

The royal family told the couple to return the money they used to renovate the home that was assigned to them officially because they are no longer 'royals'.

In my opinion, they should have even made a move to return the money first before told to return it.
I believe they offered to return the money themselves before being asked.

1 Like

Re: Harry And Meghan Will No Longer Use Official Titles - Buckingham Palace by bukatyne(f): 7:14pm On Jan 19, 2020
salford1:

I believe they offered to return the money themselves before being asked.

I read the Queen asked them to return it.

Then they are serious grin
Re: Harry And Meghan Will No Longer Use Official Titles - Buckingham Palace by cococandy(f): 7:15pm On Jan 19, 2020
bukatyne:

The above was referring to the couple dropping their royal duties/ family and still expecting them to fund their lifestyle e.g. renovate what would be been their official home.

They gave up the money themselves.

But okay if that’s what you meant

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Harry And Meghan Will No Longer Use Official Titles - Buckingham Palace by midnighter(f): 7:16pm On Jan 19, 2020
crackkhaus:

If you already knew her behavior is not good, then why did you say we should not make her character flaws a focus, when in fact it also contributed to how she is perceived by the public?

Come, I no dey for your usual cyclical style of argument abeg. Lol cheesy

Harry's life has always been Harry's life, she came in and instead of making him a better person, she is encouraging his rebellious behavior. I thought men get married to be better version of themselves...

You're the one who doesn't get it.

Public perception is just one aspect of the issue.

You dont know whether the rebellion could have been worse and shes the one toning it down.

You mention Harry's life but dont want to acknowledge the accompanying situational mechanics that have contributed to the current explosion.
Re: Harry And Meghan Will No Longer Use Official Titles - Buckingham Palace by bukatyne(f): 7:16pm On Jan 19, 2020
cococandy:
Bukatyne. You also endorse me this guy’s post.

He basically called her a gold digging social climber.

And you endorsed it.

I agreed with his last statement so I addressed the couple:
Both she and her husband should've married as commoners if they didn't want the trappings of the Royal life. They wouldn't, though. They're spongers.

And I totally agree.

If Harry really hated the royal life before marriage, deciding to step down then and marry as a commoner would have made his case more viable.

1 Like

Re: Harry And Meghan Will No Longer Use Official Titles - Buckingham Palace by bukatyne(f): 7:18pm On Jan 19, 2020
cococandy:

They gave up the money themselves.

But okay if that’s what you meant

Oh well!

One thing they got right. wink
Re: Harry And Meghan Will No Longer Use Official Titles - Buckingham Palace by salford1: 7:18pm On Jan 19, 2020
bukatyne:

Even, one of their haters the "dailymail" could not twist it to look like they were being forced.
Yes they are serious.
In addition, Her Majesty, The Queen does not despise them as the tabloids are making people to believe. This seperation is just for one year, then it would be reassessed by the royal family on how well they have performed at being independent. No matter how people try to twist it, he is still Prince Charles son and a grandson to the Queen.

3 Likes

Re: Harry And Meghan Will No Longer Use Official Titles - Buckingham Palace by bukatyne(f): 7:22pm On Jan 19, 2020
LordAdam16:

She's acting like classism is not a thing in America or the black community. And pretty much leading with the, "It's okay when we do it, not so much when someone else does it."

And people ask why European monarchies are not diverse. Meghan could not have been a better answer if she tried.

Princess Charlene of Monaco, a Zimbabwean-South African commoner, converted to Roman Catholicism to be more likable to the Monaco royal court.

Then there's Duchess Meghan who couldn't help but cause a ruckus because she was giving royal BJs.

-Lord

Class/ Caste system is everywhere and she is too travelled/enlightened to pretend otherwise.

Hahahahahaha @ Royal BJs.

Perhaps she told the royal life was a script she could snap out of.

I need to research why she divorced the first guy.

2 Likes

Re: Harry And Meghan Will No Longer Use Official Titles - Buckingham Palace by cococandy(f): 7:24pm On Jan 19, 2020
That’s not a bad point and I’ve thought about that in the recent past.

But I also thought that it’s possible that they might have attracted more negative attention to themselves that way because automatically everyone would call Megan a bad influence who can immediately with the intention of taking him away from his family.

So they tried the royal way and it’s not working hence they decided to leave. Just another possibility

bukatyne:

I agreed with his last statement so I addressed the couple:

And I totally agree.

If Harry really hated the royal life before marriage, deciding to step down then and marry as a commoner would have made his case more viable.

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Harry And Meghan Will No Longer Use Official Titles - Buckingham Palace by crackkhaus: 7:24pm On Jan 19, 2020
midnighter:

Public perception is just one aspect of the issue.

You dont know whether the rebellion could have been worse and shes the one toning it down.

You mention Harry's life but dont want to acknowledge the accompanying situational mechanics that have contributed to the current explosion.
Midnighter, barring biases and the need to appear in solidarity with Meghan...whose idea do you honestly think it really was to give up the monarchy between both of them?

Try as much as you can to be honest to yourself, please...
Re: Harry And Meghan Will No Longer Use Official Titles - Buckingham Palace by cococandy(f): 7:27pm On Jan 19, 2020
bukatyne:

Oh well!

One thing they got right. wink

Goes to show you that a lot of information flying around about them are false. With that many people obviously hating her it’s imperative to hold judgment until all the facts are established.

Right now, I haven’t called her a perfect woman who can do no wrong . But I’m appalled at the ease with which those who don’t know her (same as me) are willing burn her at the stake. (Figuratively).

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Harry And Meghan Will No Longer Use Official Titles - Buckingham Palace by Sterope(f): 7:27pm On Jan 19, 2020
I live in the UK.
I hated her Character in Suit. I kinda hated her as an Actress. I mean her acting isn't that great.

Is it the Piers Morgan that begged for attention once until he found support with bileful British morons?

Still my question remains unanswered. Answer the goddamn question!

crackkhaus:

Thank God you mentioned Piers Morgan, at least he has met her one on one.. Yet for some reason, it is still a silly projection according to you. cheesy

Not to mention that British people themselves are largely of the same opinion about her public persona. Even Sassysure who lives in the UK has also mentioned how they always talk smack of Meghan, yet you and some of you still think she's got the best character in the world. Lmao cheesy

Nairalanders will not kee me.

The least you could have done was to actually observe her mannerisms in public before defending what you don't know. You not even ashamed to mention Piers Morgan who has related with her in person. Lol

Abeg bye bye.

1 Like

Re: Harry And Meghan Will No Longer Use Official Titles - Buckingham Palace by midnighter(f): 7:28pm On Jan 19, 2020
crackkhaus:

Midnighter, barring biases and the need to appear in solidarity with Meghan...whose idea do you honestly think it really was to give up the monarchy between both of them?

Try as much as you can to be honest to yourself, please...

What do you think? I mean who do you think
Re: Harry And Meghan Will No Longer Use Official Titles - Buckingham Palace by franchasng: 7:28pm On Jan 19, 2020
rawfact:

Truth is fellow youths would hardly hear you until few months/years of being in such marriages. Same goes for inter-religion marriage. Many think it would be the same way it was during dating/courtship until they get the shock of their lives as realities unfold in the marriage. I know a handful of people experiencing that.

Meanwhile, you seem so experienced. Are you involved in an inter-tribal marriage?
Lol, I am not involved, I would have ended up in an interracial marriage if not that I came back to my senses and applied wisdom.

But as we speak, inter-tribal marriage have caused so much trouble for some close relatives.....I also have some distant relatives regretting the same mistake as it has ruined their family.

Young people always feel like they are more civilized, learned, exposed and sophisticated when they are in an inter-tribal or interracial relationship, but wait until it gets to marriage and then count 5, 10, 15 years down the line and you will realize the big mistake you made getting involved in inter-tribal or interracial marriage, it hardly works out fine at the long run.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Harry And Meghan Will No Longer Use Official Titles - Buckingham Palace by Nobody: 7:29pm On Jan 19, 2020
salford1:

I am digressing a little:

Which yeye tradition? The older ones are even the worst racist. Na dem full English defence league too. Lived through it. The ugly experience I had as a student were majorly from senior citizens - the so called traditional folks.

I don't see any reason why some racists hidden behind the vale of tradition deserve respect. I still visited the UK last summer and while shopping around London, I ran into EDL protest groups chanting free Tommy Robinson and disrupting traffic while at it. I was stunned those guys still existed in Liberal Britain in 2019.

U are echoing the same thing bros.
Same thing cheesy
Re: Harry And Meghan Will No Longer Use Official Titles - Buckingham Palace by bukatyne(f): 7:30pm On Jan 19, 2020
cococandy:
That’s not a bad point and I’ve thought about that in the recent past.

But I also thought that it’s possible that they might have attracted more negative attention to themselves that way because automatically everyone would call Megan a bad influence who can immediately with the intention of taking him always from his family.

So they tried the royal way and it’s not working hence they decided to leave. Just another possibility

Meghan is still a bad influence and they have not tried the royal way long enough.

I am sure if Meghan tried a little harder to blend (wore cloths more appropriate, wore hats when she needed to, dedicate their son as required, announced his birth and all their other little idiosyncrasies), the media would have backed off after a while.

After the queen is gone, there would be a open backlash among the family.

Meghan is trying hard NOT to endear herself with them and she doesn't even have the support of a stable family in her own folks.

2 Likes

Re: Harry And Meghan Will No Longer Use Official Titles - Buckingham Palace by Nobody: 7:36pm On Jan 19, 2020
peacettw:

My God, we think alike. If I was Meghan, I would have reported Harry ASAP. I will beg and practically roll on the floor whilst making sure there is a video camera plus witnesses that will notice my drama. I will do this and more because I know that by default, this will automatically be labelled as my fault and I don't want that.
This is what I have been saying.
I will so milk this to my advantage and shut them.up for good.
She is an actress. She should have put that into use.
People are easily swayed by emotions.

UK people don't like her. So she knew it ain't gonna be easy.
Prove them wrong and get what u want which is to stay married to a royal. She fought for this.

That is my only problem with her.

Drama everywhere.

1 Like

Re: Harry And Meghan Will No Longer Use Official Titles - Buckingham Palace by midnighter(f): 7:42pm On Jan 19, 2020
bukatyne:

Meghan is still a bad influence and they have not tried the royal way long enough.

I am sure if Meghan tried a little harder to blend (wore cloths more appropriate, wore hats when she needed to, dedicate their son as required, announced his birth and all their other little idiosyncrasies), the media would have backed off after a while.

Meghan is trying hard NOT to endear herself with them and she doesn't even have the support of a stable family in her own folks.

Now this is true.

Normally I would argue this and get all kinds of crazy people quoting me but the problem is that I am still not totally sure that doing all that would have precluded the departure.

Dude doesnt want to be there and the royals are also very dysfunctional. Being the "spare" sucks and has sucked throughout history.

I believe they are trying to exercise some control over their own fate instead of waiting around until the Queen goes, at which point they may still be trapped by protocol. Otherwise they should have stayed longer. In fact I would be the first person to call them unserious
Re: Harry And Meghan Will No Longer Use Official Titles - Buckingham Palace by Nobody: 7:42pm On Jan 19, 2020
LordAdam16:

-Lord
kiss kiss

Even ordinary us, when we find ourselves in different culture due to marriage, especially when we are not highly welcomed, we still go low to learn and integrate ourselves into such culture so we can be accepted and shut up naysayers.

4 Likes

Re: Harry And Meghan Will No Longer Use Official Titles - Buckingham Palace by Nobody: 7:44pm On Jan 19, 2020
bukatyne:

Lol at wore hat cheesy cheesy cheesy
And wear old mama clothes too cheesy
Re: Harry And Meghan Will No Longer Use Official Titles - Buckingham Palace by LordAdam16: 7:44pm On Jan 19, 2020
DexterousOne:

Well said Coco

I'll raise more havoc for less of what is done to Meghan

If I was a Prince and my wife is facing such from the British media, and some family members
All hell would be let loose

Just lije when Obama bexans president
Many could not just accept it that a black blood has a royak child
People can deny it all they want

But this has EVERYTHING to do Witt Racism

Now that Harry has dumped the Royal crap instead of Dumping Meghan

Now they are all crying foul....

What would you do?

Na from when you small courtesans for don dey monitor you. Before you raise dust, dem don clip all your small wings wen u fil say u get.

Edward who's pretty much Harry's idol at this point was the same. He was even more powerful and of more importance. Yet his father wanted to give the throne to his brother and hoped Elizabeth will rule. In his words, "I pray to God that my eldest son will never marry and have children, and that nothing will come between Bertie and Lilibet and the throne."

As you can see, your kind are nothing special. The royal court was set up primarily for self-preservation to combat against destructive elements like yourself.

Edward was told all allowances to him would be cut off if he ever stepped in England without invitation. His wife, Wallis, never received a royal title even though she and he requested for it. Edward's own case of "What Megan wants, Megan gets." He didn't have any kids, but if he had, all of them were to be denied any titles or privileges by royal decree.

The joker actually believed his exile would only last for 2 years tops. It lasted till death.

At the end of the day, Edward had to be supported with allowances paid by his brother George himself, as his mother Queen Mary made certain neither the crown nor the government gave him a dime. At a time, his calls to Buckingham palace were not put through. He spent his large inheritance sustaining the celebrity lifestyle of Wallis.

Chapelle joked once that Bill Gates would commit suicide if he woke up with Oprah's money. Harry is about to understand what that joke really means.

-Lord

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Harry And Meghan Will No Longer Use Official Titles - Buckingham Palace by Nobody: 7:46pm On Jan 19, 2020
bukatyne:

They offered to return it themselves.

The queen love that guy dearly.
They will settle las las

1 Like

Re: Harry And Meghan Will No Longer Use Official Titles - Buckingham Palace by salford1: 7:46pm On Jan 19, 2020
bukatyne:

Lol. Why was she treated differently here then?
It's okay for Kate or Camilla to do whatever they want but not Megan. I guess different rules applies when it comes to white vs mix/black folks.

2 Likes

Re: Harry And Meghan Will No Longer Use Official Titles - Buckingham Palace by brashear: 7:46pm On Jan 19, 2020
Re: Harry And Meghan Will No Longer Use Official Titles - Buckingham Palace by brashear: 7:47pm On Jan 19, 2020
[quote author=salford1 post=85915616]
Lmaooo. Those news outlet are bastards. You gotta have a thick skin to withstand such unrelenting racial abuse. Moving to Canada is actually good for Meghan's mental health.

2 Likes

Re: Harry And Meghan Will No Longer Use Official Titles - Buckingham Palace by crackkhaus: 7:48pm On Jan 19, 2020
Sterope:
I live in the UK.
I hated her Character in Suit. I kinda hated her as an Actress. I mean her acting isn't that great.

Is it the Piers Morgan that begged for attention once until he found support with bileful British morons?

Still my question remains unanswered. Answer the goddamn question!
Lol, like I noted earlier, tone down so you can have a clear-headed conversation.

Neither of us have met her one on one, so I don't see where you're going with this.

However, I will humor you.
The answer to your question about how I know she has a questionable character:
1. I have watched her way too many times on camera. I have also watched her contemporaries (Kate and Diana) and I can contrast the difference in their mannerisms. That you can't do this, is your own cup of tea.
Even the last documentary during their trip to SA is still saved on my PC. BBC lifestyle aired it for almost two weeks and unless you're blind, you would observe her demeanor.

2. I have read what her own family members have to say about her (her half-siblings, her dad).
Now, if your own family with the exception of ONLY your mother hasn't got good shit to say about you, then you must probably be darn shitty.

3. The British people who actually know how a courtesan ought to act because it is something of a cultural expectation, have the same misgivings after studying her - it has very little to do with being of black heritage if you all are honest with yourselves.

Now you tell me, what speck of proof gives you the impression she is Mother Theresa?
And please, don't talk about running charities. cheesy

2 Likes

Re: Harry And Meghan Will No Longer Use Official Titles - Buckingham Palace by salford1: 7:50pm On Jan 19, 2020
brashear:

Lmaooo. Those news outlet are bastards. You gotta have a thick skin to withstand such unrelenting racial abuse. Moving to Canada is actually good for Meghan's mental health.
The British tabloids (called gutter press in Canada) are mean, racists and hold no prisoners. However, the royal family can also call them to order if they wanted to.

In the case of Megan, they allowed the tabloids to have a field day. They knew it would get to her eventually. What they didn't realise was that Harry would go with her grin

1 Like

Re: Harry And Meghan Will No Longer Use Official Titles - Buckingham Palace by crackkhaus: 7:52pm On Jan 19, 2020
midnighter:

What do you think? I mean who do you think
Don't do that, I asked first.

(1) (2) (3) ... (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) (20) (Reply)

Nelson Mandela Is Dead / Donald Trump Reacts To Impeachment: They Are Not After Me, They Are After You / Ukraine Sailor Attempts To Sink £5 Million Yacht Of Russian Boss (pics)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 95
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.