Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,929 members, 7,814,133 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 07:32 AM

History Of Wedding In America - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / History Of Wedding In America (618 Views)

My Relationship Of 3 Years May End Because Of Wedding Date. / Nigerian Man Demands Car From Son-in-law Ahead Of Wedding, Daughter Supports / Pre-wedding Photos Of A Police Officer And His Pretty Partner Ahead Of Wedding (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

History Of Wedding In America by exco90(m): 8:57pm On Jan 19, 2020
I don't know the reason we kill ourselves over church wedding in Nigeria... .. and we now put white wedding for head.. some churches went far as saying if you are pregnant you can't put on white but another color.. who white help.. this is the story of white wedding in America..

Weddings in the United States were once based out of commodity, rather than desire or love. The word "wedding" implied the security the groom's family provided to the family of the bride when the couple married. Brides were chosen based on their economic worth. This trend lasted until the 19th Century, when couples started to marry for love.
In the 19th Century, weddings were typically small, intimate ceremonies at the home of either the parents of the bride or the parents of the groom. The announcement of the newly married couple took place at their church on the Sunday following the wedding. In the 1820s and 1830s, weddings became more elaborate, when upper class couples had wedding ceremonies similar to modern custom. The bride usually wore the best dress she owned, so her dress was not always white, as white dresses were impractical to own. Not until the middle of the 19th century did brides start buying a dress made specifically for their wedding day. At the same time, couples began to hire professionals to prepare floral arrangements and wedding cakes, rather than making them at home.
Today, couples in the United States are waiting later in life to get married. The average age for males getting married in the United States is 27 years old, whereas, women's average age is 25.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Weddings_in_the_United_States
Re: History Of Wedding In America by Agricaddict(m): 9:48pm On Jan 19, 2020
We Africans too like copy copy, why can't we do our things our way

1 Like

Re: History Of Wedding In America by nlPoster: 1:07am On Jan 20, 2020
And your focus is on America because?

(1) (Reply)

Valentine: See What Gtbank Sent To Me / Drop A Strong Poetic Line Or Just Blow Grammar And Leave ! / Did She Truly Love Me?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.