Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,195 members, 7,822,043 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 03:55 AM

Amotekun: South West Governors Say They Won’t Back Down - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Amotekun: South West Governors Say They Won’t Back Down (24135 Views)

Amotekun: South West Governors To Sign Bill For Legal Backing On February 14 / Amotekun: South East Governors To Create Regional Security Outfit / Amotekun: South-East Governors Write FG On Plan To Establish Security Outfit (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Amotekun: South West Governors Say They Won’t Back Down by omenka(m): 7:41am On Jan 20, 2020
Ritchiee:
An OSU spotted.
Absolutely. Forget all the facades ipod Pigs are putting up, feigning support.

Those comments against Amotekun drawing likes and shares are MOSTLY liked and shared by ipods and Osus. The only ibos I think genuinely would support the movement are those from Ebonyi. They are the most *detribalised* ibos out there.

Long live Amotekun!

3 Likes

Re: Amotekun: South West Governors Say They Won’t Back Down by Ritchiee: 7:46am On Jan 20, 2020
caprini1:
So you believe that dude is igbo? grin. you need Nairaland crash course.

He is Igbo and IPOB at that.He is bitter.Check his posts.

2 Likes

Re: Amotekun: South West Governors Say They Won’t Back Down by fabienjoe: 7:46am On Jan 20, 2020
But the South West may eventually back down with the sustained pressure and blackmail from the North. Tinubu still has a firm grip on them and I'm sure he's not enjoying this drama. The truth is that no one can actually work with the North to achieve any meaningful development. It involves so many compromises that the only thing you are guaranteed working with the North is a chance to loot. Every progressive move is viewed with suspicion. I've said it before but I wish to stress again...Nigeria is doomed as it is. It is shackled by the North. It won't develop, no matter who the president is. The South West may yet get the presidency but it would fully be at North's terms. What would dictate those terms is their paranoia. The North is only interested in Power, not development.

1 Like

Re: Amotekun: South West Governors Say They Won’t Back Down by xelly: 7:48am On Jan 20, 2020
Those against Amotekun are the sponsors of Terrorism.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a6qPH0L5xcc
Re: Amotekun: South West Governors Say They Won’t Back Down by Chochovini: 7:48am On Jan 20, 2020
nairalee:
Make una no worry, we dey una back gidiba!

These northerners think it's government by the Northerners, of the Northerners and only for the Northerners? Ko le werk.

What is Good for the Garba is Good for the Gbenga.
. All right thinking Nigerians should support Amotekun. Because enough of all the rubbish from the North. From Sharia Law to shiite to boko RAMS to fulani herdsmen senseless killings to buhari one-sided govenance and so on just to mention a few. Its enough.
A M O T E K U N has come to stay gidigba like the Rock of Gibralta.

3 Likes

Re: Amotekun: South West Governors Say They Won’t Back Down by ngadaAwo: 7:48am On Jan 20, 2020
omenka:
I wonder why Ametokun is giving some people unnecessary headache when it isn't the first of it's kind. He have all sorts of such security outfits scattered across the country operating under different names, yet never had this sort of agitation over them.

The outfit is here to stay, that is a given. I suppose anyone opposed to it should simply go ahead and have theirs created in their region. Simple as that.
Oga shatap stop talking nonsense. you cannot deceive anyone with your hypocritical support because we all know that you and your likes are the real enemies of Amotekun
at least the northerners made it open but you keep shifting around trying to truncate it into SE/SW thing but sad news is that you and your likes have been defeated because SE and SS supports Amotekun 100% including Middle belt
so carry your divisive act elsewhere or channel the energy in bringing same outfit in middle belt
your plan to divide the south on this has failed because we know your stand on this
stop deceiving yourself and come out boldly because all of us know that you're against Amotekun

North already has hisbah police and civilan jtf so I'm sure you're not referring to them.
once again you've failed in your divisive tactics because SE is 100% behind Amotekun

kiss the truth omenka and grow up

4 Likes

Re: Amotekun: South West Governors Say They Won’t Back Down by ngadaAwo: 7:51am On Jan 20, 2020
omenka:

Those comments against Amotekun drawing likes are shares are MOSTLY liked and shared by ipods and Osus. The only ibos I think genuinely would support the movement are those from Ebonyi. They are the most *detribalised* ibos out there.

Long live Amotekun!
blatantly failed tactics hahahahahaha
omenka stop decieving yourself because we know that you don't support Amotekun because it's targeted to fulani herdsmen whom you even choose over your people
you and your likes have been defeated
tactics failed
leave SW alone and focus on your people that needs similar outfit more.

kiss the truth

3 Likes

Re: Amotekun: South West Governors Say They Won’t Back Down by GermanMelania: 7:54am On Jan 20, 2020
olu77:
Akata is the synonym of Amotekun and it's Panther according to the english to yoruba dictionary published in 1911 the earlier version of which was compiled by Bishop Ajayi Crowther.
Wasn't samuel ajayi crowther a returned person? I wouldn't take this to the bank. See the ounje awon omo. What does that mean? He was definitely out of touch. Akata is jackal. And panther in english isn't a single animal but a big cat. I'm torn on this.

1 Like

Re: Amotekun: South West Governors Say They Won’t Back Down by CreekCommando: 7:55am On Jan 20, 2020
Bringback9ja:

A terrorists organization supported by 6 governors of SW, supported by all Obas in Yoruba land and all son of the land.

Are you saying Yoruba Is a terrorists organization?? WATCH WHAT YOU SAY NIGGA
Ignore him please! He is an aboki impostor bearing an Igbo name. All Igbos love AMOTEKUN because Igbos love life and peaceful and secure place to do their business. Amotekun is born and shall not die!!

2 Likes

Re: Amotekun: South West Governors Say They Won’t Back Down by EmekaMD(m): 7:59am On Jan 20, 2020
Ritchiee:
An OSU spotted.
whatever.
But trust me we're not letting any other terrorists get hold of Nigeria again.
Never again.
Amotekun is dead on arrival
Re: Amotekun: South West Governors Say They Won’t Back Down by Ritchiee: 8:00am On Jan 20, 2020
omenka:

Those comments against Amotekun drawing likes are shares are MOSTLY liked and shared by ipods and Osus. The only ibos I think genuinely would support the movement are those from Ebonyi. They are the most *detribalised* ibos out there.

Long live Amotekun!
Thanks bros God will continue to bless you.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Amotekun: South West Governors Say They Won’t Back Down by Pauladex(m): 8:02am On Jan 20, 2020
EmekaMD:
I don't know why Amotekun kees sounding like a terrorist organization to me
It is because you are going crazy and nobody to help you. In fact we see you in market soon.

1 Like

Re: Amotekun: South West Governors Say They Won’t Back Down by arro: 8:04am On Jan 20, 2020
We need this in kogi state please , so that the security job in kogi will jot be in the hand of the army , nscdc and co.
Re: Amotekun: South West Governors Say They Won’t Back Down by Ritchiee: 8:07am On Jan 20, 2020
omenka:

Long live Amotekun!

Thanks,bros.I respect Igbos but they are too abusive and very emotional.Most of us feel their pain,yes what they have gone through by hearing stories of the civil war.We apologize on behalf of our foreparents.I think they should support this initiative ,they need to for true security of lives and properties.We do not need them to give us people as KANU said.We love them for the positive response.
We thank all of you.This is a matter of life and death.We are ready to forgo Nigeria than be sitting ducks for people that do not honour the principle of live and let live.People that can take lives without feeling remorse.God gave them power on a platter if gold over those who are their masters in almost everything but they have misused it and the power has been taken now.May God continue to bless the good citizens of Africa.Amotekun lives positively.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Amotekun: South West Governors Say They Won’t Back Down by wowcatty: 8:08am On Jan 20, 2020
A part of me just don't see Yoruba taking this to the finish line. Something is going to come along the line to pull the plug on it, one greedy oba or politician is going to toss the whole thing for his own selfish interests. The 'north' knows this and that's why they treat Yoruba like a child. Are we saying that, there's no single Yoruba who knows about the 100 years agreement Brits made when leaving Nigeria? Yoruba were not represented in the fake constitution Nigeria is using today and are not party to it. Same agreement they made with Hongkong. Why can't Yoruba use this as the base for negotiating our stay in Nigeria? With this alone, the 'north' will be begging Yoruba to have Amotekun and other things they want. Why does the north have a say so in security of Yorubaland when Yoruba don't have a say in their 3 or so local security outfits? It's like your neighbor dictating what you do in your house, that's not a healthy relationship, it's a master/slave relationship. I'll be pleasantly surprised if Yoruba stand on it and do not allow the 'north' to have any say on how Amotekun should be done or make them change anything about it. Yoruba should not make any agreement about not using weapons, it's our land and region, as long as we don't take the weapons to your region. What concerns my neighbors with what I have in my house as long as it is in my house to protect my children. If Yoruba allow the 'north' to cut and slice anything about the Amotekun, they should know it's the day they finally ceded Yorubaland to the 'north' and entered life plantation.
Ayotemide:
With all the nonsense those pathetic and poverty stricken people have said about it; they would be eternal bastards to back down now.

1 Like

Re: Amotekun: South West Governors Say They Won’t Back Down by Ritchiee: 8:09am On Jan 20, 2020
EmekaMD:
whatever.
But trust me we're not letting any other terrorists get hold of Nigeria again.
Never again.
Amotekun is dead on arrival
You need a big bucket to contain your tears.

1 Like

Re: Amotekun: South West Governors Say They Won’t Back Down by Dagrace01(m): 8:10am On Jan 20, 2020
Amotekun de! Gbogbo won phor.. Iberu bojo bawon.. Won pa giri.
Won fi Iberu bojo jade kuro nibi kolofin won
Yoruba is the heartbeat of this nation, whether anybody likes it or North.
They know our decision can emanate to the decision of other geopolitical zones.
South-east, middle-belt, South-south, Kwara state and Kogi state should give their self brain and join this campaign, it's high time we restore our prestige as a people!
Enough is enough!

3 Likes

Re: Amotekun: South West Governors Say They Won’t Back Down by 2sexycom(m): 8:14am On Jan 20, 2020
Bringback9ja:

A terrorists organization supported by 6 governors of SW, supported by all Obas in Yoruba land and all son of the land.

Are you saying Yoruba Is a terrorists organization?? WATCH WHAT YOU SAY NIGGA
please ignore that dude. And also note he is not igbo. By now, we all should know the region of people against Amotekun.

2 Likes

Re: Amotekun: South West Governors Say They Won’t Back Down by EmekaMD(m): 8:22am On Jan 20, 2020
Pauladex:

It is because you are going crazy and nobody to help you. In fact we see you in market soon.
boring
Re: Amotekun: South West Governors Say They Won’t Back Down by Conner44: 8:26am On Jan 20, 2020
Xisnin:

Another bitter Ipob terrorist member spotted.
Mention one governor who supported Boko haram activities.
Also, can you post a link where any north-east governor launched the Boko haram sect?
I am waiting.

Yeye man. When boko haram started bombing churches did your senators or governors speak out against them?

Silence is the same as support. Ask osinbajo and tinubu.

You that your leaders have already sold off to slavery long ago?

Death to Amotekun
Re: Amotekun: South West Governors Say They Won’t Back Down by Goziesolar: 8:31am On Jan 20, 2020
Mraphel:

Is bcuis you're an igbo
he is not Igbo all most Igbo's support amotekun

1 Like

Re: Amotekun: South West Governors Say They Won’t Back Down by Goziesolar: 8:32am On Jan 20, 2020
Xisnin:

Because you belong to the Ipob terrorist group.
They tend to see everything through their own lens(terrorism).
that moniker must be a mischievous notherner
Re: Amotekun: South West Governors Say They Won’t Back Down by executive12: 8:33am On Jan 20, 2020
Thanks to Afe Babalola, SAN, for breaking it down for the lay man to understand what the Constitution says about this issue and about our rights and obligations as citizens.
Malami is a disappointment and should not be in that position of AGF.

2 Likes

Re: Amotekun: South West Governors Say They Won’t Back Down by Nobody: 8:35am On Jan 20, 2020
IYANGBALI:
and what is good for Aisha is equally good for Ashake

What is good for buhari also good for bodaHariyo
Re: Amotekun: South West Governors Say They Won’t Back Down by executive12: 8:50am On Jan 20, 2020
Mraphel:

Is bcus you're an igbo

Don't assume he is Igbo because of his moniker. He could be Fulani. The good people of the Southeast fully support the Amotekun initiative. Ohaneze Ndigbo have voiced their support. A real Igbo will always support good initiatives that are meant to protect lives and property.

2 Likes

Re: Amotekun: South West Governors Say They Won’t Back Down by executive12: 8:52am On Jan 20, 2020
Xisnin:

Because you belong to the Ipob terrorist group or the Fulani bandits.
They tend to see everything through their own lens(terrorism).

For your information, IPOB is not a terrorist organization. Stop supporting injustice. The bigot Buhari is in no position to brand IPOB a terrorist organization.

1 Like

Re: Amotekun: South West Governors Say They Won’t Back Down by executive12: 8:55am On Jan 20, 2020
Chochovini:
My question is WHY is the FGN and the Northerners are shivering with great fear over this Amotekun thing? I will highly appreciate frank answer to this question from anyone here reading this. Thank you.

You should know. It would impede Buhari's Fulanization agenda.

1 Like

Re: Amotekun: South West Governors Say They Won’t Back Down by executive12: 8:56am On Jan 20, 2020
Lovelyn451:
See their left and right bent caps...fraudsters

Igbo's chooking mouth in everything since they were ruled out of govt. always available to be used and dumped ...mtchew

Too many fools and keyboard warriors on Nairaland.
Re: Amotekun: South West Governors Say They Won’t Back Down by Lovelyn451(f): 9:05am On Jan 20, 2020
executive12:

Too many fools and keyboard warriors on Nairaland.
t
Re: Amotekun: South West Governors Say They Won’t Back Down by executive12: 9:08am On Jan 20, 2020
fabienjoe:
But the South West may eventually back down with the sustained pressure and blackmail from the North. Tinubu still has a firm grip on them and I'm sure he's not enjoying this drama. The truth is that no one can actually work with the North to achieve any meaningful development. It involves so many compromises that the only thing you are guaranteed working with the North is a chance to loot. Every progressive move is viewed with suspicion. I've said it before but I wish to stress again...Nigeria is doomed as it is. It is shackled by the North. It won't develop, no matter who the president is. The South West may yet get the presidency but it would fully be at North's terms. What would dictate those terms is their paranoia. The North is only interested in Power, not development.

You are right. But if a President that sincerely believes in restructuring emerges, progress will start. Otherwise, it's a matter of time before Nigeria disintegrates.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Dino Melaye: "The Only APC Man You Can Trust Is The Dead APC Man" / Buhari To Attend AU Summit In South Africa / Lockdown: Umahi Suspends Commissioner, Perm Sec, Others Over ‘porous’ Boundaries

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.