Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,408 members, 7,822,882 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 06:38 PM

Amotekun: South West Governors Say They Won’t Back Down - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Amotekun: South West Governors Say They Won’t Back Down (24139 Views)

Amotekun: South West Governors To Sign Bill For Legal Backing On February 14 / Amotekun: South East Governors To Create Regional Security Outfit / Amotekun: South-East Governors Write FG On Plan To Establish Security Outfit (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Amotekun: South West Governors Say They Won’t Back Down by Nobody: 9:11am On Jan 20, 2020
IYANGBALI:
to use you do sacrifice to sango go sweet die

A ma fi ori bobo yen bo Ogun las las ni. grin
Re: Amotekun: South West Governors Say They Won’t Back Down by Eclement(m): 9:16am On Jan 20, 2020
EmekaMD:
I don't know why Amotekun kees sounding like a terrorist organization to me

But the Fulani herdsmen sounds like a security outfit to you right?

2 Likes

Re: Amotekun: South West Governors Say They Won’t Back Down by Papanwamaikpe: 9:25am On Jan 20, 2020
Amotekun is a terrorist group and be death with no mercy! One Nigeria!
Re: Amotekun: South West Governors Say They Won’t Back Down by OnyesomJ(m): 9:28am On Jan 20, 2020
Amotekum has been Disturbing everyone....

We keep Hearing (we won’t back down, They Can’t Stop Us etc..)
If una Dey Serious, the Security for don Start Work since, Abi them Dey Fear AGF
Re: Amotekun: South West Governors Say They Won’t Back Down by Nobody: 9:32am On Jan 20, 2020
GogobiriLalas:
Until the Pederal Gomont declares Sharia and Hisbah illegal. BTW why does Yoruba consine itself with law, the Northerners have lost any iota of respect for the constitution, the republic has sunk into anomie.

That's because we can't descend to the level of barbarians.

Educated people can't start behaving like illiterates simply because they've been joined with simpletons, illiterates and barbarians in the same country. wink

4 Likes

Re: Amotekun: South West Governors Say They Won’t Back Down by Problemkid1: 9:39am On Jan 20, 2020
Conner44:
That was how all the northern governors approved and supported boko haram at their budding phase until they metamorphosed to leaving churches and bombing mosques.

Yes Amotekun is a terrorist organization. They will soon leave chasing cows away from farms and start stealing and kidnapping Fulani and igbos for cash.

How much is the terrorist Amotekun being paid again? N13,500? Rubbish change that will only be enough for marijuana and shekpe
grin grin grin cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: Amotekun: South West Governors Say They Won’t Back Down by Nobody: 9:50am On Jan 20, 2020
FrLukas:

That's because we can't descend to the level of barbarians.

Educated people can't start behaving like illiterates simply because they've been joined with simpletons, illiterates and barbarians in the same country. wink
There's a saying that you play to lose when you play by the rules against those who don't obey rules.
Re: Amotekun: South West Governors Say They Won’t Back Down by Nobody: 9:56am On Jan 20, 2020
GogobiriLalas:
There's a saying that you play to lose when you play by the rules against those who don't obey rules.

True. But when we play by their own rules, we become more and more like them until we lose our identity and become like them.

Also bear in mind that we can't beat them at their own game cos they will be beat us with experience.

What to do?

Up our game above their level and jerk their strings without them even realizing that they have strings.

People like that, you destroy them with classic mind manipulation games.

They will beg you to allow them leave the union eventually. No fight. No war.

1 Like

Re: Amotekun: South West Governors Say They Won’t Back Down by femi4love(m): 10:14am On Jan 20, 2020
tunderoc:
I will not even talk about hisbah or civilian JTF that are assumed legal in the north but, if they say AMOTEKUN is illegal since only FG is empowered to secure and protect lives, then sinking my own borehole or well and providing my own electricity with generator or solar is illegal since only FG has the right to provide this basic amenities, and finally having a security guard at my home is super illegal since FG should have provided me a police. Awon stupid set of slowpoke, Nigeria is not workable, let's just split from this bloodthirsty cows

Ol' Boy, sense will not kee you! Thumbs up bro wink grin
Re: Amotekun: South West Governors Say They Won’t Back Down by IYANGBALI: 10:33am On Jan 20, 2020
FrLukas:

A ma fi ori bobo yen bo Ogun las las ni. grin
Insha Allah

2 Likes

Re: Amotekun: South West Governors Say They Won’t Back Down by IYANGBALI: 10:34am On Jan 20, 2020
Skmoda360:

Mama, longest time...happy new year kiss
who be mama?no spoil my market o, call me baby.
Re: Amotekun: South West Governors Say They Won’t Back Down by Nobody: 10:37am On Jan 20, 2020
FrLukas:

True. But when we play by their own rules, we become more and more like them until we lose our identity and become like them.

Also bear in mind that we can't beat them at their own game cos they will be beat us with experience.

What to do?

Up our game above their level and jerk their strings without them even realizing that they have strings.

People like that, you destroy them with classic mind manipulation games.

They will beg you to allow them leave the union eventually. No fight. No war.
Interesting tactic but I beg to differ; remember we've been at this before the white people came; the price is the total domination of the subregion, there's no negotiation.

It is a basic Machiavellian technic for a strong force to enhance itself by the tactical support of a less strong one who appears more likely to win in a confrontation with its neighbors; hence the colonialist cowards ceded power to the North because they had a system better suited for the easy exploitation, manipulation and control of the whole country by the imperial overlords from overseas; dominance after all is a language the brute mind understands.

What I'm hinting at is that even the white people realized the tactical advantage the North had over its neighbors because of its already established administrative system.

We're dealing with a culture which even though appearing less fashionable is actually well tuned for conquest especially the military kind; your culture on the other hand has always been secular in nature; you cannot confront a militaristic culture with the bureaucracy of a secular one, it is a basic rule of war.

1 Like

Re: Amotekun: South West Governors Say They Won’t Back Down by Gabkosh: 10:44am On Jan 20, 2020
Conner44:
That was how all the northern governors approved and supported boko haram at their budding phase until they metamorphosed to leaving churches and bombing mosques.

Yes Amotekun is a terrorist organization. They will soon leave chasing cows away from farms and start stealing and kidnapping Fulani and igbos for cash.

How much is the terrorist Amotekun being paid again? N13,500? Rubbish change that will only be enough for marijuana and shekpe
Cry me an ocean

2 Likes

Re: Amotekun: South West Governors Say They Won’t Back Down by Conner44: 11:09am On Jan 20, 2020
Gabkosh:
Cry me an ocean

You’re the ones crying about Amotekun now aren’t you?

Cry very well

1 Like

Re: Amotekun: South West Governors Say They Won’t Back Down by Nobody: 11:29am On Jan 20, 2020
GogobiriLalas:
Interesting tactic but I beg to differ; remember we've been at this before the white people came; the price is the total domination of the subregion, there's no negotiation.

It is a basic Machiavellian technic for a strong force to enhance itself by the tactical support of a less strong one who appears more likely to win in a confrontation with its neighbors; hence the colonialist cowards ceded power to the North because they had a system better suited for the easy exploitation, manipulation and control of the whole country by the imperial overlords from overseas; dominance after all is a language the brute mind understands.

What I'm hinting at is that even the white people realized the tactical advantage the North had over its neighbors because of its already established administrative system.

We're dealing with a culture which even though appearing less fashionable is actually well tuned for conquest especially the military kind; your culture on the other hand has always been secular in nature; you cannot confront a militaristic culture with the bureaucracy of a secular one, it is a basic rule of war.

Established administrative system?

Lots of African Kingdoms and Empires already had established administrative system even before the British knew there was a continent called Africa.

You aren't taking history into consideration here.

You've forgotten that the Fulanis have attacked the Yorubas in the past and were roundly defeated.

They have no advantage whatsoever and whatever advantage they seem to have is only a mirage. A shadow. Nothing substantial really. Something they have, only because the British told them they had it.

This is not their first push southwards. They have always been repelled and they will always be repelled.

Their culture may tend towards violence or to use your words, militaristic kind, but Yorubas have always been warriors and descendants of warriors.

The Aare Ona Kakanfo given to the OPC head isn't just a decorative title. It is a historical one signifying the position of chief warlord of the Yoruba people irrespective of dialect.

Other minor titles are Balogun, Akogun etc

Ibadan used to be a war camp.

Yorubas in the past have lived most of their lives fighting wars and repelling attacks.

That's why the present day Yoruba seems to lean too much to the side of dialogue and diplomacy than war, so much so that others think Yorubas are cowards. When you've tasted too much of war, a spell of peace becomes quickly addictive.

I have utmost confidence that Yorubaland will always be protected.

The Fulanis are only fooling themselves.

They will start the war because they aren't that bright, and we will finish it because...they aren't that bright.

A charging bull is a blind one. He focuses only on the red cape and misses the pit dug for it.

Brain not brawn will always win a war.

I guess I'm a student of Sun Tzu and not Machiavelli.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Amotekun: South West Governors Say They Won’t Back Down by Nobody: 11:48am On Jan 20, 2020
FrLukas:

Established administrative system?

Lots of African Kingdoms and Empires already had established administrative system even before the British knew there was a continent called Africa.

You aren't taking history into consideration here.

You've forgotten that the Fulanis have attacked the Yorubas in the past and were roundly defeated.

They have no advantage whatsoever and whatever advantage they seem to have is only a mirage. A shadow. Nothing substantial really. Something they have, only because the British told them they had it.

This is not their first push southwards. They have always been repelled and they will always be repelled.

Their culture may tend towards violence or to use your words, militaristic kind, but Yorubas have always been warriors and descendants of warriors.

The Aare Ona Kakanfo given to the OPC head isn't just a decorative title. It is a historical one signifying the position of chief warlord of the Yoruba people irrespective of dialect.

Other minor titles are Balogun, Akogun etc

Ibadan used to be a war camp.

Yorubas in the past have lived most of their lives fighting wars and repelling attacks.

That's why the present day Yoruba seems to lean too much to the side of dialogue and diplomacy than war, so much so that others think Yorubas are cowards. When you've tasted too much of war, a spell of peace becomes quickly addictive.

I have utmost confidence that Yorubaland will always be protected.

The Fulanis are only fooling themselves.

They will start the war because they aren't that bright, and we will finish it because...they aren't that bright.

A charging bull is a blind one. He focuses only on the red cape and misses the pit dug for it.

Brain not brawn will always win a war.

I guess I'm a student of Sun Tzu and not Machiavelli.
Not sure what history you're referring to, but from the little I know about the Yoruba - Fulani wars, the Fulanis appear to have gotten the better of that exchange in fact annexing territory up to the present day Kwara, Kogi, Igala and Nupe kingdoms; many of your Obas in Yoruba land still look up to the North for validation.

Irrespective, I totally appreciate your optimism but I would advise caution here; let me again reiterate that the Yorubas are natural secularists, there are no monoliths in Yoruba land, this is in stark contrast to what obtains up North this is NOT an advantage in War.

The 'soldier go soldier come' mentality up North is prime weapon of war. What you need, to prosecute a successful campaign is not a cacophony of opinions the sort the Yorubas are prone to, but a direct, accurate and unwavering hierarchical system the sort that has existed up North for ages hence my reference to their administrative system.

It will be a gross miscalculation to underrate the intelligence of the North.

You say you study Sun Tzu not Machiavelli? I study both.
Re: Amotekun: South West Governors Say They Won’t Back Down by Kachi188(m): 12:04pm On Jan 20, 2020
Will they bear arms? That is the question that is important
Re: Amotekun: South West Governors Say They Won’t Back Down by Ritchiee: 12:18pm On Jan 20, 2020
Slimdan360:
Drastic times require drastic measures I know but i feel this whole Amotekun stuff should be taken slowly,my major concern about this issue is what will happen to the Ametokun force after the herdsmen brohaha has been subsidized,will they be disbanded or will they be admitted into the Nigerian Force.For a case of them being disbanded,I don't know how they will make a man who has fought for half of his life to just drop the gun and live a normal life,so my thinking is that after the whole herdsmen issue,a new set of terrorist group will be formed from it,i think it will be better if an arm of the police force is created rather than creating a whole new security unit to curb the herdsmen menance,Thank u.
Not withstand,I dedicate my FTC to all victims of the Fulani herdsmen clash,may the good Lord be with them

Can't you see that the FG looks culpable?
Re: Amotekun: South West Governors Say They Won’t Back Down by Nobody: 12:23pm On Jan 20, 2020
GogobiriLalas:
Not sure what history you're referring to, but from the little I know about the Yoruba - Fulani wars, the Fulanis appear to have gotten the better of that exchange in fact annexing territory up to the present day Kwara, Kogi, Igala and Nupe kingdoms; many of your Obas in Yoruba land still look up to the North for validation.

Irrespective, I totally appreciate your optimism but I would advise caution here; let me again reiterate that the Yorubas are natural secularists, there are no monoliths in Yoruba land, this is in stark contrast to what obtains up North this is NOT an advantage in War.

The 'soldier go soldier come' mentality up North is prime weapon of war. What you need, to prosecute a successful campaign is not a cacophony of opinions the sort the Yorubas are prone to, but a direct, accurate and unwavering hierarchical system the sort that has existed up North for ages hence my reference to their administrative system.

First, the North isn't monolithic. That's the mistake we always make.

Then, many of our Obas? Really? Apart from the useless Oluwo of Iwo, mention the other obas. I'm curious.

The Cacophony of voices has made the United States the most powerful nation on earth while North Korea trails far far behind.

No, the intelligence of the North is overrated. So is their military prowess.

The only problem the Yorubas had then which I fear for them today is internal sibling bickerings. That's all. That's why this joint security effort is so much laudable. Uniting Yorubas more than ever before.

Do you think if Afonja of Ilorin hadn't called on strangers to help him prosecute a war against his brothers they would have been able to infiltrate any part of Yorubaland?

He lost his land to the people who promised to help him. Treachery repaid.

When the time is ripe, Yorubas will take back what is theirs.

You say there are no monoliths in Yorubaland cept for the North.

Do you know what happens to that which is rigid and doesn't bend?

Their pyrrhic victory in the North is just that. Without the support of the Hausas, the Fulanis are just another set of nomadic tribe following cattle up and down. They know it. That's why their politicians always refer to Hausa/Fulani

Most of the North speak Hausa as their Lingua Franca, not Fulfulde which is the language of the Fulanis. (I stand to be corrected).

The Hausas should have the real conquest of the North but...

When the timid people of the middle belt decide that they have subjected themselves enough to the harrassment of the Fulanis they'll have them driven off their lands.

Yes, I am optimistic, cautiously optimistic because failure can only come from within the ranks and not from without.

Why do you think the Fulanis are all in an uproar about this regional cooperation? Cos they know history. Divide and Conquer. Just like Afonja.

Our weakest link happens to be rapacious politicians these days. God help us.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Amotekun: South West Governors Say They Won’t Back Down by Charly68: 12:51pm On Jan 20, 2020
God bless the Governors for this laudable initiative,God shall silence the conspiracy of the wicked over the project in Jesus name.

1 Like

Re: Amotekun: South West Governors Say They Won’t Back Down by HAKYN1: 1:24pm On Jan 20, 2020
Eclement:

Give it to the Osus, hypocrisy is their middle name, some barbarians among them even said one imaginary IBB said he will go back to sleep if Yorubas call for war but ordinary Amotekun, the Osus and their slave masters are shivering. Yoruba man cant be pushed to act against his will like the Osus are trying to do we are smarter than their parents

1 Like

Re: Amotekun: South West Governors Say They Won’t Back Down by olu77(m): 2:23pm On Jan 20, 2020
seaboyzen:

Please Share me the app

Type this to your browser and download the pdf:

yoruba to english dictionary edeyoruba.com
Re: Amotekun: South West Governors Say They Won’t Back Down by Ritchiee: 2:31pm On Jan 20, 2020
GogobiriLalas:

I bet you are literate enough to read and know what history.

The feud between Oba Aole and Afonja gave Fulanis cum Yoruba warriors to take Ilorin city not Kwara.Afonja was treacherously killed because the Yorubas would not allow a pagan rule them.

Nothing concerns Yorubas with Kogi,Nupe or whatever.

One emir was killed and another fled to Sokoto when the Yorubas realised their mistake.The white reinstated.The wars you fought against a select part of Yorubas were possible with the help of Yoruba warriors amongst your Hausa/Fulani fighters.

Only Ibadan warriors defeated the huge Fulani-Hausa armies in the Jalumi war.

Fulanis are no match to the Yorubas if it comes to push,I push you.

The civil war is a good example of what the Yorubas can do.

A good number of Muslims in Yorubaland think that Fulanis are not real muslims because of the killing spree.They believe the Fulanis just hide under the cloak of religion to perpetrate evil..Amotekun wide support attest to unity of purpose of the Yorubas on this.

Amotekun lives .

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Amotekun: South West Governors Say They Won’t Back Down by Nobody: 3:36pm On Jan 20, 2020
Ritchiee:

I bet you are literate enough to read and know what history.

The feud between Oba Aole and Afonja gave Fulanis cum Yoruba warriors to take Ilorin city not Kwara.Afonja was treacherously killed because the Yorubas would not allow a pagan rule them.

Nothing concerns Yorubas with Kogi,Nupe or whatever.

One emir was killed and another fled to Sokoto when the Yorubas realised their mistake.The white reinstated.The wars you fought against a select part of Yorubas were possible with the help of Yoruba warriors amongst your Hausa/Fulani fighters.

Only Ibadan warriors defeated the huge Fulani-Hausa armies in the Jalumi war.

Fulanis are no match to the Yorubas if it comes to push,I push you.

The civil war is a good example of what the Yorubas can do.

A good number of Muslims in Yorubaland think that Fulanis are not real muslims because of the killing spree.They believe the Fulanis just hide under the cloak of religion to perpetrate evil..Amotekun wide support attest to unity of purpose of the Yorubas on this.

Amotekun lives .
Amotekun will die a natural death
Re: Amotekun: South West Governors Say They Won’t Back Down by Skmoda360(m): 3:54pm On Jan 20, 2020
IYANGBALI:
who be mama?no spoil my market o, call me baby.
Oh baby........mehn!!! It's been a while.....
Re: Amotekun: South West Governors Say They Won’t Back Down by Skmoda360(m): 3:59pm On Jan 20, 2020
GogobiriLalas:
Amotekun will die a natural death
You must be an aboki.....

1 Like

Re: Amotekun: South West Governors Say They Won’t Back Down by Btruth: 4:31pm On Jan 20, 2020
AMOTEKUN is here to stay.

Wherefore a lion out of the forest shall slay them, and a wolf of the evenings shall spoil them, a leopard shall watch over their cities: every one that goeth out thence shall be torn in pieces: because their transgressions are many, and their backslidings are increased.

Jeremiah 5:6 KJV

https://bible.com/bible/1/jer.5.6.KJV
Re: Amotekun: South West Governors Say They Won’t Back Down by Nobody: 6:11pm On Jan 20, 2020
olu77:
Akata is the synonym of Amotekun and it's Panther according to the english to yoruba dictionary published in 1911 the earlier version of which was compiled by Bishop Ajayi Crowther.
Yes. Amotekun is panther because leopard is also panther
Re: Amotekun: South West Governors Say They Won’t Back Down by seaboyzen: 7:12pm On Jan 20, 2020
olu77:

Type this to your browser and download the pdf:

yoruba to english dictionary edeyoruba.com
Thanks
Re: Amotekun: South West Governors Say They Won’t Back Down by Slimdan360: 7:30pm On Jan 20, 2020
Ritchiee:

Can't you see that the FG looks culpable?
Even if,do u think it is enough reason to form Amotekun,don't forget how crime skyrocketed after the civil war,is Amotekun really worth it
Re: Amotekun: South West Governors Say They Won’t Back Down by EmekaMD(m): 8:02pm On Jan 20, 2020
Eclement:

both are same.
Re: Amotekun: South West Governors Say They Won’t Back Down by Chochovini: 8:34pm On Jan 20, 2020
executive12:

You should know. It would impede Buhari's Fulanization agenda.
. I think U are right. And also prevent mass election rigging, intimidation of voters in the 2023 election.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

APC Expels Pally Iriase, House Of Rep. Deputy Chief Whip / Buhari Seeks New N2.342tr External Loan / 5,000 Supporters Of Jandor Joins APC (Pictures)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 80
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.