Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,879 members, 7,810,360 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 07:42 AM

Entrepreneurs Are Ruining Morales Of Employees - Career (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Entrepreneurs Are Ruining Morales Of Employees (24124 Views)

80% Of Employees In Banks Are Casual Workers: ASSBIFI / Verbal Abuse Of Employees / NSITF Begins Aggressive Enforcement Of Employees’ Compensation Scheme (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Entrepreneurs Are Ruining Morales Of Employees by Marvyx(m): 5:11pm On Jan 20, 2020
They worst are private school owners. Some of them need to be hanged. After reading your life in school, you come out and teach your life only to be paid 15k.

God need to pick the call of boys this year.

3 Likes

Re: Entrepreneurs Are Ruining Morales Of Employees by harbarzzy(m): 5:12pm On Jan 20, 2020
Kekereekun123:
The average black man is evil and wicked. u will see someone calling himself pastor or deacon owing salary but and flexing money
those pastors among them at the evil ones
Re: Entrepreneurs Are Ruining Morales Of Employees by armadeo(m): 5:15pm On Jan 20, 2020
Ok
Re: Entrepreneurs Are Ruining Morales Of Employees by lizdammy: 5:15pm On Jan 20, 2020
Great
Re: Entrepreneurs Are Ruining Morales Of Employees by tunjilee003: 5:15pm On Jan 20, 2020
It pays to be an entrepreneur but without start up capital it won't Materialize...an average average stark illiterate man will want to help his illiterate family at the detriment of a qualified graduate. Only if the government can provide short term loans to graduate they won't ve much of unemployment saga.

1 Like

Re: Entrepreneurs Are Ruining Morales Of Employees by biggy26: 5:15pm On Jan 20, 2020
jkcarz:
The employees can as well start their own business and get huge salary!
Don't mind them. Why look for salary na, just start a business and chop all the money by yourself.
Big companies of today were once small.
I'm in no way exonerating greedy employers, cos I have been there, but recognize the sincere ones and support their growth.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Entrepreneurs Are Ruining Morales Of Employees by Novaccines: 5:16pm On Jan 20, 2020
Wow
Re: Entrepreneurs Are Ruining Morales Of Employees by showafrica(m): 5:20pm On Jan 20, 2020
The resultant effect is high crime rate. That is why they panic when boyz make it doing yahoo business.

4 Likes

Re: Entrepreneurs Are Ruining Morales Of Employees by armadeo(m): 5:20pm On Jan 20, 2020
modernWays:
@op, not all employers are doing this.

You also forgot the fact that an average Nigerian employee is always at standby mode to ruin your business in the name of side money.

I love this statement. Standby mode...

Many of them dont even want to work but expect a salary at the end of the day.

I blame the government sha. They started the scheme of payment of salary without even realising if the people are working or not. Honestly payment of salaries should be by the hour on the hour.

You will see a change in attitude

7 Likes

Re: Entrepreneurs Are Ruining Morales Of Employees by millionboi2: 5:20pm On Jan 20, 2020
pocohantas:
No mind them. Sole proprietorship aka one man business is one of the worst places to work.

Not all, but majority of them have no structure or laid down career path/growth for you.

They'll now come online to be disturbing us.

"I am my own boss"
"I will never work for any man"

my dear nobody,I repeat nobody will do dat if u are making enough sales without stealin

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Entrepreneurs Are Ruining Morales Of Employees by armadeo(m): 5:21pm On Jan 20, 2020
Cmeo:
I don't believe these employees are engaged by force. Any employee not comfortable with the work they are doing can easily resign his/her job.

This is another opinion I hold dear. If you dont like it quit. When nobody takes the job the salary will increase and so will perks to ensure he job is taken
We are the problem

1 Like

Re: Entrepreneurs Are Ruining Morales Of Employees by Hedonisco: 5:21pm On Jan 20, 2020
Nonsense. The average Nigerian employee is incompetent, unresourceful, over entitled, unscrupulous, criminally minded (would defraud or steal from you at ANY given opportunity), and typically has a poor attitude to work.

You don't expect an entrepreneur to share his rewards with your sorry ass for your mediocre contribution. If you don't like the terms of your employment (and if you don't like the fact that there's little opportunity to steal), then you QUIT.

13 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Entrepreneurs Are Ruining Morales Of Employees by Gerrard59(m): 5:22pm On Jan 20, 2020
pocohantas:
No mind them. Sole proprietorship aka one man business is one of the worst places to work.

Not all, but majority of them have no structure or laid down career path/growth for you.

They'll now come online to be disturbing us.

"I am my own boss"
"I will never work for any man"

Those who say the bold are largely stoopid and mor0nic entrepreneurs. A sensible entrepreneur goes into entrepreneurship to solve problems and provide value.

@Topic: It's very bad and unethical for anyone to owe another's salary and/benefits. I wouldn't encourage that as it's not even the best way to start a company. It's preferable to trim down the number of employees if an entrepreneur cannot afford their salaries.

On the other hand, my issue is with employees who are thieves and want to reap where they didn't sow. You steal from me, I sack you right away! No excuses.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Entrepreneurs Are Ruining Morales Of Employees by armadeo(m): 5:23pm On Jan 20, 2020
Marvyx:
They worst are private school owners. Some of them need to be hanged. After reading your life in school, you come out and teach your life only to be paid 15k.

You can use it as a career builder if you want to be a teacher.. however if ts let me be doing something then tou are in trouble.

Some schools pay as much as 150k a month in lagos. I knew a young guy working in one such school.

4 Likes

Re: Entrepreneurs Are Ruining Morales Of Employees by NwanyiOkpa(f): 5:24pm On Jan 20, 2020
iko123:
Some of the employers are struggling to survive. Imagine as a contractor you were able to few contractors in the first quarter of the year. From the proceeds of the contract, lies your office rent, employees salaries, taxation,family issues, school fees, house rent, car maintenance etc. How do u expect such person to think for you. If you have opportunity to work for such person, just do your best and move on.

It is not the employee's fault. Employees have families to cater for also.

1 Like

Re: Entrepreneurs Are Ruining Morales Of Employees by DRSEGUNBABA: 5:25pm On Jan 20, 2020
The people complaining are the same ones voting in useless leaders that destroy the economy, if you not happy start your own business.

2 Likes

Re: Entrepreneurs Are Ruining Morales Of Employees by Gerrard59(m): 5:26pm On Jan 20, 2020
Marvyx:

I understand that there are private school owners who are wicked: owe staff, overwork and to an extent micromanage them. However, a business cannot pay her employees more than she can afford. If you don't like your salary, do resign. It's that simple.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Entrepreneurs Are Ruining Morales Of Employees by millionboi2: 5:26pm On Jan 20, 2020
Hedonisco:
Nonsense. The average Nigerian employee is incompetent, unresourceful, over entitled, unscrupulous, criminally minded (would defraud or steal from you at ANY given opportunity), and typically has a poor attitude to work.

You don't expect an entrepreneur to share his rewards with your sorry ass for your mediocre contribution. If you don't like the terms of your employment (and if you don't like the fact that there's little opportunity to steal), then you QUIT.
lol.....most of Dem will acept d job with d intention to steal.....wen d chance is not forth coming thy cry like op

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Entrepreneurs Are Ruining Morales Of Employees by armadeo(m): 5:26pm On Jan 20, 2020
Hedonisco:

I take it you've employed before.

Let me lay an example.

A shop owner I know used to run at a loss for a while in his shop. Missing money no explanation.

I then suggested he used his in law who's almost a daughter to man the shop.

See bonanza. All the girls quit working within 2 weeks. He had to get new help. No more stealing. Sales were properly recorded. He has opened another branch now.

The worst of all people to hire are any form of unqualified help. Those ones are criminals waiting to eat your money without knowing how hard it is to make.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Entrepreneurs Are Ruining Morales Of Employees by Tayeni(m): 5:27pm On Jan 20, 2020
What some employees don't know is that some business men don't depend on the particular business you work at. . The OP talks about some employers sending their kids abroad to study, has he stopped to ask himself.... maybe the source of Mr boss' wealth is not from Mr employee's struggling unit?

why would you expect your salary to rise, if the bottomline has not risen. Everything still boils down to how hard it is to scrape a buck of profit in Naija.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Entrepreneurs Are Ruining Morales Of Employees by jimoqua: 5:27pm On Jan 20, 2020
My former company Direct on Data, Ilupeju did the same thing. One of the director bragg that he will not pay any dime or any gratuities and he will only pay the three months pensions owe. Uptil now he did not pay the pension. The name of the company was change from Direct on Data to Hoops Telecoms just because they own huge amount of Tax to the Lagos State Government. How could you laid of staff in December period without paying anything in the month of December for people that have children and wives at home. The company is been run by an Indian who flush out people he is not in good term with to settle score. How can an Indian come to Nigeria and be destroying our Economy. No leave allowance for 2019, no leave encashment for 2019, 1 month in lieu of notice for where, no severance. In a country where we are been treated bad by our own people is the greatest act of wickedness. Even the staff that are retained no more leave for them , no Health insurance . It tantamount to slavery. Any contact with a human right lawyer to fight for our right will be appreciated.
Re: Entrepreneurs Are Ruining Morales Of Employees by Equity15(m): 5:30pm On Jan 20, 2020
this is soo on point. but this is Nigeria. an hell on earth. well it saddens me when I hear people rant entrepreneurship cos just like me not everybody has business acumen. give me 20million today and i won't know what bussiness to do with it. i'd just put it in a fixed deposit or buy land or give it to a seasoned business man. that's only what i can think of. and besides if everybody becomes an entrepreneur who'll then be the employees/workers? I just need a very good and secured job. and I'm fine

5 Likes

Re: Entrepreneurs Are Ruining Morales Of Employees by nwadiuko1(m): 5:31pm On Jan 20, 2020
we never suffer enough, when we are ready for a better country, we will do away with all these afonja, ipob and other forms of tribal dick measurement and get our country back from the greedy elites.

4 Likes

Re: Entrepreneurs Are Ruining Morales Of Employees by Gerrard59(m): 5:34pm On Jan 20, 2020
iko123:
Some of the employers are struggling to survive. Imagine as a contractor you were able to few contractors in the first quarter of the year. From the proceeds of the contract, lies your office rent, employees salaries, taxation,family issues, school fees, house rent, car maintenance etc. How do u expect such person to think for you. If you have opportunity to work for such person, just do your best and move on.

It's the reason why OP created this thread. If your expenses are too high to break even let alone generate a profit, cut them not owe employees. Find another place to rent, set aside family issues from staff welfare, reduce number of workers etc.

If you cannot pay your employees, find something else doing. It's not by force to be an entrepreneur.

4 Likes

Re: Entrepreneurs Are Ruining Morales Of Employees by Basher8583: 5:35pm On Jan 20, 2020
lonelydora:
Hustle ooo, so that you won't be complaining like this op.

What's the definition of hustle.... Stealing other people's hard-earned cash AKA Yahoo Yahoo

3 Likes

Re: Entrepreneurs Are Ruining Morales Of Employees by abbey621(m): 5:35pm On Jan 20, 2020
All in all, YOUR PROBLEM IS STILL GOVERNMENT/POLITICIANS. Do you know how long it took America to enact labor laws that guarantees on-time payment of wages/salaries? Do you know the many struggles they had to go through before they got it right? Ever heard of worker's advocates/unions? The day that the Nigerian government enacts fair labor laws and starts enforcing them via hefty fines and whistleblower compensation, that is the day your problem ceases to exist! Don't blame the entrepreneur/one man company for playing the game rather blame those who set the rules of the game!
Re: Entrepreneurs Are Ruining Morales Of Employees by Basher8583: 5:39pm On Jan 20, 2020
twerkjack:
I can't believe that by this time 2 years ago I was working for a 10,000 Naira salary can you believe it

Not to mention the Enormous workload and extremely long work hours.

These days I shudder just to think about that situation man it was horrible.

I mean I make over 500,000 monthly now and I just can't imagine how I survived with 10,000 those were really trying times.

Nigeria is not a joke. undecided

Happy for you... From your display pix you'll probably be in the entertainment industry or Modeling.... Kudos
Re: Entrepreneurs Are Ruining Morales Of Employees by nomoreslavery(f): 5:40pm On Jan 20, 2020
This is common among the Chinese Business men in Nigeria, Take INNER GALAXY STEEL COMPANY in Aba for instance, no salary increase, no pension, no health insurance, full of racist and always intimidating their Nigeria counterpart.

1 Like

Re: Entrepreneurs Are Ruining Morales Of Employees by bigsam1992(m): 5:40pm On Jan 20, 2020
Kekereekun123:
The average black man is evil and wicked. u will see someone calling himself pastor or deacon owing salary but and flexing money
This set of so called pastors are the worst, they are wicked, heartless and very useless people... I have sworn never to work for any pastor again, I prefer to work with a well known sinner

1 Like

Re: Entrepreneurs Are Ruining Morales Of Employees by Hedonisco: 5:40pm On Jan 20, 2020
armadeo:

I take it you've employed before.

Let me lay an example.

A shop owner I know used to run at a loss for a while in his shop. Missing money no explanation.

I then suggested he used his in law who's almost a daughter to man the shop.

See bonanza. All the girls quit working within 2 weeks. He had to get new help. No more stealing. Sales were properly recorded. He has opened another branch now.

The worst of all people to hire are any form of unqualified help. Those ones are criminals waiting to eat your money without knowing how hard it is to make.

Na me you wan tell? I know exactly how this thing works. I've had my fingers burnt. It is ridiculous. I had to close down my only brick and mortar business which didn't allow me control the cash flow process 100%. I laid off the bastards and closed down the business, and went on a very long hiatus to perfect my business model for subsequent ventures.

I also redefined my other business which placed too much creative control on certain employees. Their lazy, wicked and incompetent asses would destroy your business's hard earned quality reputation and send you back to the village. God forbid.

Now I only run (and will only ever run) businesses where I either have full control (or technology enabled supervision) of receiving and disbursing ALL payments, or the process can be automated to a large extent. If I have Nigerian staff, it is only for administrative tasks. I can't even trust them with customer service because if they don't see any avenue to collect money and defraud you, they will chase away your precious customers with their very terrible winchy attitude.

Because they see you living a certain lifestyle that YOUR own entrepreneurship affords you, they would start sulking and expecting 1000000% salary increase, even without commensurate output/performance on their part. Terrible idiots. That's why so many of them can only hope for government work and the likes, so that they can collect free money without adding value.

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: Entrepreneurs Are Ruining Morales Of Employees by Nobody: 5:42pm On Jan 20, 2020
iko123:

The employee is also Human with needs & family just like you,
So I always make sure I pay him/her on time. And depending on monthly profits I give bonus too.

1 Like

Re: Entrepreneurs Are Ruining Morales Of Employees by PapaAdanna: 5:42pm On Jan 20, 2020
mymoney001:
The plethora of small business owners/entrepreneurs are the ruin and end of the morale of their employees..

Talmbout the increase of unemployment and I'll point you to these miniscule bosses who have the knack of under-paying and or owing their employees salaries with no benefits like trainings, pension, health insurance, salary increase, leave bonus, overtime pay.....etc

These set of people will blame buhari for the dilapidated state of the economy yet they won't fold up their business since they cannot afford to pay regular salaries and on time.

They will assign you to do an elephant-size job only for you to earn an ant-size salary, in which your ant-size salary won't be paid till the 15th - 20th of the next month, yet they expect you to be dazzling and be happy and perform effectively These bunch of cheats make you feel that they are doing you a huge favour by paying you your right (salary) so that you should put on a grateful attitude and be positive.

You will work and grind like a mule for them, only for them to use the money and pay the fees of their kids they've stashed in an abroad versity... The nonsense they expect you to tolerate and endure from them simply because there are few jobs and unemployment is high, they won't encourage their kids to such. They train/teach their kids to always demand for their rights but if you demand for your rights lasan, you'll get sacked or seen as being disrespectful.

But with a peanut salary without employment benefits, how can you even plan your life, grow and develop yourself and live modestly? You can even be on the same paltry sum for the next 3-5ive years, yet no promotion, no increase.

Out of frustration, a lot of people have left their salary behind in their previous employment(s) and thunder is still keeping silent. Their bosses haven't even felt a pinch of guilt.

We have faulted politicians for the many woes and chaos bedeviling and crippling the peace of the state but It is not only politicians that are ripping the economy of Nigeria apart, these ones are also depleting Nigeria. They are the saboteurs of the growth and dreams of aspiring youths.

But their children are safely tucked away & secured in a system that works. They are studying abroad and will barge an abroad certificate which is highly relevant and consequential.

If the leaders abroad didn't have a growth mindset to develop their system and make it workable, tell me where these dream killers would have shipped their child(ren) to?

I doubt if we have labour laws in Nigeria that protects the rights of employees and jail employers/sole proprietor/entrepreneurs who cheat their staff of their hard earn wages and benefits....because if we do, a lot of small business owners would have gone into oblivion.

Laslas na *God dey* na im be poor man hope/slant. Na im we dey take control ourself when we lose out...

PS: nobody should come here and nye nye about how people should goan become their own boss/entrepreneur...
Before you make such foolish comment thinking that you are wise, let this sink in: everyone won't be business owners because not everyone can stand and survive it's nitty-gritty, not everyone have business acumen, some people are better off in this life working as employees and will be successful at it; while some other people need to gain that experience first before they can venture out...

Our heads and journey/pathway in life are not the same.

Written by YeloSisi

If e no good for your health... QUIT!

Stop disturbing us with ur unpaid wages

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Back To Nigeria After Medical School? / AIT Staff Beg Buhari To Intervene In Salary Crisis / Transcorp Hilton Staff Loses Job For Supporting Buhari

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 104
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.