Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,970 members, 7,810,689 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 01:22 PM

Entrepreneurs Are Ruining Morales Of Employees - Career (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Entrepreneurs Are Ruining Morales Of Employees (24132 Views)

80% Of Employees In Banks Are Casual Workers: ASSBIFI / Verbal Abuse Of Employees / NSITF Begins Aggressive Enforcement Of Employees’ Compensation Scheme (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Entrepreneurs Are Ruining Morales Of Employees by Amalekki: 8:05pm On Jan 20, 2020
Our people!

The number of businesses owned by good hearted Nigerians wickedly destroyed by some Nigerian employees no be small. Wicked & ruthless entrepreneurs tend to be more successful in Nigeria which is quite unfortunate. I don't care what you do with those stealing from government but please stop repaying the good ones with evil all in the name of being 'smart'.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Entrepreneurs Are Ruining Morales Of Employees by Saintly01(m): 8:21pm On Jan 20, 2020
Thank you OP for bringing to the fore this very important reality facing a lot of workers, it is a very sad development.

1 Like

Re: Entrepreneurs Are Ruining Morales Of Employees by nigeriagospel(m): 8:22pm On Jan 20, 2020
ultron12345:
Rubbish thank you, you totally express my thought, Nigeria's are too fraudulent despite our religious nature. Coining useless slangs to justify stealing, employee theft is one of the major problem of Nigeria. There are people with millions of naira in their account but who can they trust to start a business with without fear of being swindled. Am Nigerian, but I hate Nigerian value system if there any existent one

Firstly, I do not support owing employees salaries. Salaries should always be paid when due as specified in the employment contract. If for some reason, you can't afford the salaries at that particular time, inform the employees of the situation, explain to them and an understanding should be reached.

I will however talk about the so-called 'Peanut Salary'. What exactly is peanut salary?. Were you not informed of the salary before taking the job?. If the salary is too small for you, then the solution is simple, don't take the job. If you've already taken it, then resign, abi did they tie your hands and legs.

Salary is determined by productivity and market-value. You cannot be producing N4000 and be expecting to be paid N10,000.

Demand and supply of labour must also be put into consideration. When demand of labour is higher then the supply, wages are high, but when demand of labour is less than supply, wages are low.

You don't expect an employer to pay N1,000,000 when others are willing to take less. Will you buy a bag of rice at N200,000 when the near-by store is selling the same bag of rice and the same quality at N50,000. Never. So why do you expect employers to do otherwise. The same way an employee will not stay with an employer paying him N100,000 when another employer is willing to pay him N900,000.

Some companies honestly can't pay better. How can you expect a school in one small, interior town, that collects school fees of N6000 per term to be paying salary of N50,000 per month to teachers.

If you're not happy with salary you're offered, then don't accept the job or resign. If you're worth more than that salary, you will surely see other employees willing to pay your more than what you were paid before. If I offer salary of N40,000 per month, and no-one takes the job, I will be forced to increase the salary in order to fill the vacancy. You can also choose to start your own business and begin paying water-melon salaries instead and we'll see how long you'll stay afloat.

Let's also not forget how lazy and wicked Nigerian employees are. They are ready to ruin your business with fraud at the slightest opportunity. All they do is to steal your money. That is why Nigerian employees coined the phrase "Na where person dey work, na there e dey chop, na e make them dey callam work-chop (workshop)" as a way to justify their fraudulent character. Money that is supposed to be used to sustain and expand the business and even provide better packages for the staff will then have to be used to employ extra-staff to monitor each other, biometric scanners, CCTV cameras and other things that are not supposed to be needed, just to monitor staff to avoid fraud.

Start a poultry and they will be stealing your eggs. Some will even go ahead to be killing the chickens so that they'll be allowed to take them home.

Start an entertainment/viewing/game center and they'll be pocketing your money. On the days you're around at the business, the money realized will be x10 of the money realized when you're not around. Because they're eating your money.

Lease out a vehicle to a driver to use and watch as he'll finish you.

Start a restaurant, the same thing will happen. More than half of the total food ingredients will end up in their personal kitchens.

Even ordinary provisions shop, they will find a way to steal.

The major problem of doing business in this country isn't power or infrastructure, it's finding honest and competent manpower. The average Nigerian employee is waiting to steal from you. The ones in management positions will not only be stealing but will be hiring incompetent staff solely because they are his friends, relatives or church members. That's why I don't blame companies who hire expatriates like Indians and Lebanese for sensitive positions like Finance and Accounting even when we have qualified Nigerians.

Some people have money to do business in this country but they don't have time for it. They'll have employed staff to manage it, but they can't do that because there are no trustworthy staff in Nigeria, so they abandon the idea, and rather invest their money in treasury bills and fixed deposit accounts. And later, they'll be complaining they there are no jobs when they are killing all the businesses with their evil character.

Let's not forget their rude attitude that they'll use to drive all your customers away, just like they exhibit in government offices.

That's why they like government work, where they're allowed to be lazy and to steal. Where they can get money without adding any value. Where they can steal, where they can come to work by 10pm, gist till 12pm, sleep till 3pm and spend the next hour preparing to leave by 4pm. And they'll go home and tell people they went to work. That is why our government agencies are not working, that is why our government corporations like NNPC and others are not working. That is why we say Nigerian government cannot run business. Any private company that allows such will fail like Nigerian government agencies and corporations have failed.

If you think your salary is Peanut Salary, then quit and sart your own business and be paying water-melon salaries. By the time you crumble, you'll start blaming Buhari.

Peanut salary ke, paw-paw salary ni.
Resign and start your own.
Re: Entrepreneurs Are Ruining Morales Of Employees by Chris2863(m): 8:28pm On Jan 20, 2020
twerkjack:
I can't believe that by this time 2 years ago I was working for a 10,000 Naira salary can you believe it

Not to mention the Enormous workload and extremely long work hours.

These days I shudder just to think about that situation man it was horrible.

I mean I make over 500,000 monthly now and I just can't imagine how I survived with 10,000 those were really trying times.

Nigeria is not a joke. undecided

Show me the way
Re: Entrepreneurs Are Ruining Morales Of Employees by latitidejavu: 8:30pm On Jan 20, 2020
The OP is just an entitled person. Just imagine him hitting on the fact that the employer's kids are abroad. You smack of envy. If you are really hardworking and create value and can put your thoughts into words without sounding bitter then walk up to your employer and ask that he pays you on time and have a discussion.

I will never support owing salaries neither do I defend it however address your pain intelligently and leave where his children are schooling out of it. It is not your business. Some people do not understand the debt that many business owners are contending with to keep that your job alive.

If we come to that your office we may be surprised to discover you maybe one of those people who just sit around counting down calendar to pay day.
nelson7777:
.I am sorry about your past experiences on jobs, God will give you a better one...

But that aside

Do you think its easy to employ

Do you think its easy to pay someone salary every month,

Do you know that most employees (with their 25k a month) earns more than the boss
Do you know that some entrepreneurs will not earn salary for the next 1 year because they r building the business, but must pay their staffs every month.

Do know some entrepreneurs borrow from families to pay their workers

Do you know that paying salaries is not the only challenge and entrepreneur face in their business

Water, light, signage, waste, council, maintenance, diesel or fuel, e.t.c

Do you know, no matter the economic melt down no matter if d business sells or not, no matter the price of diesel, no matter anything, you have hope at least of getting your salary no matter how little, same can not be said for an entrepreneur..

Do you know the risk, do you know that most of those business you take little salaries from, it was being established by a Loan, but the owners won't tell you..

Do you know how many entrepreneurs that the Nigerian custom has wrecked last year because of the increase in clearing fees, will he call you one morning and say chike I use to clear this clothes 200naira before but now is 700naira, therefore your salary is now reduced to 15k...

Am not in support of owing salries, e.g years back my business was using 3 security, before I had to call the boss and say, baba you no how the country be now pls, I can only afford two, case closed..

Its only when you wear the shoe you will no where its hurts

Being an entrepreneur in NIGERIA, is one of the most hardest, discouraging thing ever..

1 Like

Re: Entrepreneurs Are Ruining Morales Of Employees by Heavance(m): 8:31pm On Jan 20, 2020
ultron12345:
Rubbish

Firstly, I do not support owing employees salaries. Salaries should always be paid when due as specified in the employment contract. If for some reason, you can't afford the salaries at that particular time, inform the employees of the situation, explain to them and an understanding should be reached.

I will however talk about the so-called 'Peanut Salary'. What exactly is peanut salary?. Were you not informed of the salary before taking the job?. If the salary is too small for you, then the solution is simple, don't take the job. If you've already taken it, then resign, abi did they tie your hands and legs.

Salary is determined by productivity and market-value. You cannot be producing N4000 and be expecting to be paid N10,000.

Demand and supply of labour must also be put into consideration. When demand of labour is higher then the supply, wages are high, but when demand of labour is less than supply, wages are low.

You don't expect an employer to pay N1,000,000 when others are willing to take less. Will you buy a bag of rice at N200,000 when the near-by store is selling the same bag of rice and the same quality at N50,000. Never. So why do you expect employers to do otherwise. The same way an employee will not stay with an employer paying him N100,000 when another employer is willing to pay him N900,000.

Some companies honestly can't pay better. How can you expect a school in one small, interior town, that collects school fees of N6000 per term to be paying salary of N50,000 per month to teachers.

If you're not happy with salary you're offered, then don't accept the job or resign. If you're worth more than that salary, you will surely see other employees willing to pay your more than what you were paid before. If I offer salary of N40,000 per month, and no-one takes the job, I will be forced to increase the salary in order to fill the vacancy. You can also choose to start your own business and begin paying water-melon salaries instead and we'll see how long you'll stay afloat.

Let's also not forget how lazy and wicked Nigerian employees are. They are ready to ruin your business with fraud at the slightest opportunity. All they do is to steal your money. That is why Nigerian employees coined the phrase "Na where person dey work, na there e dey chop, na e make them dey callam work-chop (workshop)" as a way to justify their fraudulent character. Money that is supposed to be used to sustain and expand the business and even provide better packages for the staff will then have to be used to employ extra-staff to monitor each other, biometric scanners, CCTV cameras and other things that are not supposed to be needed, just to monitor staff to avoid fraud.

Start a poultry and they will be stealing your eggs. Some will even go ahead to be killing the chickens so that they'll be allowed to take them home.

Start an entertainment/viewing/game center and they'll be pocketing your money. On the days you're around at the business, the money realized will be x10 of the money realized when you're not around. Because they're eating your money.

Start a restaurant, the same thing will happen. More than half of the total food ingredients will end up in their personal kitchens.

The major problem of doing business in this country isn't power or infrastructure, it's finding honest and competent manpower. The average Nigerian employee is waiting to steal from you. The ones in management positions will not only be stealing but will be hiring incompetent staff solely because they are his friends, relatives or church members. That's why I don't blame companies who hire expatriates like Indians and Lebanese for sensitive positions like Finance and Accounting even when we have qualified Nigerians.

Some people have money to do business in this country but they don't have time for it. They'll have employed staff to manage it, but they can't do that because there are no trustworthy staff in Nigeria, so they abandon the idea, and rather invest their money in treasury bills and fixed deposit accounts. And later, they'll be complaining they there are no jobs when they are killing all the businesses with their evil character.

Let's not forget their rude attitude that they'll use to drive all your customers away, just like they exhibit in government offices.

That's why they like government work, where they're allowed to be lazy and to steal. Where they can get money without adding any value. Where they can steal, where they can come to work by 10pm, gist till 12pm, sleep till 3pm and spend the next hour preparing to leave by 4pm. And they'll go home and tell people they went to work. That is why our government agencies are not working, that is why our government corporations like NNPC and others are not working. That is why we say Nigerian government cannot run business. Any private company that allows such will fail like Nigerian government agencies and corporations have failed.

If you think your salary is Peanut Salary, then quit and sart your own business and be paying water-melon salaries. By the time you crumble, you'll start blaming Buhari.

That Govt job gangan, you really touched it. How do these people go to work so late and close very early?
If you work in a private firm and have one thing or the other that takes you to federal offices, you will end up shocked.

The aspect of youth being lazy, I don't agree with you, I have seen and worked with the hyper active, knowing they have bills to pay.

1 Like

Re: Entrepreneurs Are Ruining Morales Of Employees by Darestc2k12: 8:32pm On Jan 20, 2020
ultron12345:
Rubbish

God bless you for putting down this. U are absolutely write.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Entrepreneurs Are Ruining Morales Of Employees by Greatihex(m): 8:32pm On Jan 20, 2020
ultron12345:
Rubbish

may God Almighty bless you abundantly for this piece. Amen.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Entrepreneurs Are Ruining Morales Of Employees by latitidejavu: 8:41pm On Jan 20, 2020
I did not even read your reply before I wrote mine. You took the words from my mouth. And those lazy and destructive employees mostly sound like this OP. Entitled yet unproductive. Their salary is all they care about nothing else. They will NEVER bring up one way to improve the place that pays them yet they are the first to know that your kids are abroad.

You can imagine. Workers deserve their wages but sadly a lot of these complaining workers add NO value. Yes there are mean employers but the mindset of most employees of small and medium businesses are really sad. They want to live like their Oga yet have no idea the anxiety and HBP that Oga is facing.
Hedonisco:

Na me you wan tell? I know exactly how this thing works. I've had my fingers burnt. It is ridiculous. I had to close down my only brick and mortar business which didn't allow me control the cash flow process 100%. I laid off the bastards and closed down the business, and went on a very long hiatus to perfect my business model for subsequent ventures.

I also redefined my other business which placed too much creative control on certain employees. Their lazy, wicked and incompetent asses would destroy your business's hard earned quality reputation and send you back to the village. God forbid.

Now I only run (and will only ever run) businesses where I either have full control (or technology enabled supervision) of receiving and disbursing ALL payments, or the process can be automated to a large extent. If I have Nigerian staff, it is only for administrative tasks. I can't even trust them with customer service because if they don't see any avenue to collect money and defraud you, they will chase away your precious customers with their very terrible winchy attitude.

Because they see you living a certain lifestyle that YOUR own entrepreneurship affords you, they would start sulking and expecting 1000000% salary increase, even without commensurate output/performance on their part. Terrible idiots. That's why so many of them can only hope for government work and the likes, so that they can collect free money without adding value.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Entrepreneurs Are Ruining Morales Of Employees by pascalbenz: 8:42pm On Jan 20, 2020
millionboi2:
lol.....most of Dem will acept d job with d intention to steal.....wen d chance is not forth coming thy cry like op
bro you nailed it!

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Entrepreneurs Are Ruining Morales Of Employees by Nikkiminaj: 8:44pm On Jan 20, 2020
Great information
Re: Entrepreneurs Are Ruining Morales Of Employees by latitidejavu: 8:45pm On Jan 20, 2020
May the good Lord bless you forever!

ultron12345:
Rubbish

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Entrepreneurs Are Ruining Morales Of Employees by armadeo(m): 8:50pm On Jan 20, 2020
Marvyx:

Simple matter my guy. But what to do when nothing forth dy come?? You go rush wetin you see. One can't blame them because like they say 'at all at all na him bad pass'. These employers know it and hence the exploitation.

Then the format will be reach for a higher branch while there not complaining day in day out about how your employer treats you like a slave. Prepare a goal and reach for it.

At all at all that's the statement then followed by I am suffering . We should make up our minds. Suffer being unemployed or suffer being employed and plan accordingly.
Re: Entrepreneurs Are Ruining Morales Of Employees by seborrhic: 8:57pm On Jan 20, 2020
nelson7777:

Do you know that most employees (with their 25k a month) earns more than the boss
Do you know that some entrepreneurs will not earn salary for the next 1 year because they r building the business, but must pay their staffs every month.

Do know some entrepreneurs borrow from families to pay their workers

Do you know that paying salaries is not the only challenge and entrepreneur face in their business

Its only when you wear the shoe you will no where its hurts

Being an entrepreneur in NIGERIA, is one of the most hardest, discouraging thing ever..
They actually don't know particularly the borrowing part and some employees even at what seems a meagre salary,earning more than their employers.
They don't know really.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Entrepreneurs Are Ruining Morales Of Employees by Gerrard59(m): 8:59pm On Jan 20, 2020
ultron12345:
Rubbish

I had to quote this post. I'm one of those persons who will rather employ a Lebanese or another African national - Zimbabwean or Mostwana - instead of a Nigerian in sensitive positions. Yet again, I'm the person who drags his feet regarding expanding his business because of a glut of mendacious individuals in the society. Kudos for you are brutally honest.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Entrepreneurs Are Ruining Morales Of Employees by Ucee1999: 9:20pm On Jan 20, 2020
africandollar:
Why not go and start your own business too if you don’t like to work as an employee? They that started their own businesses do they have two heads? Start your own business and show them how it’s supposed to be done rather than complaining. Okay?
Else you continue to suffer and smile while bearing the consequences of working as an employee in Nigeria cos no amount of online ranting would give you your rights in an insane country where the Supreme Court makes #4 to become #1.

Re: Entrepreneurs Are Ruining Morales Of Employees by yom2(m): 9:38pm On Jan 20, 2020
ngadaAwo:
not entrepreneurs but government

Nobody want to live a life of slavery and pauper and probably die with nothing to show of their struggle
the government made it so not entrepreneurs.
imagine life without entrepreneurship, imagine millions of unemployed youths roaming in the streets seeking a petty job from one office to another.

the government made it almost impossible to land a dream job without connection or have you heard of CBN, FIRS, EFCC, etc recruitment on public media?
these are jobs that can make your life meaningful but it's left for the elites to continue getting richer and more connected leaving other smaller jobs for the masses.
so you expect an ambitious youth that dream of going places and having a nice life to stick around with that 50k job while he has multi talent that can fetch him more than that a day or more?

my Dad is a retired civil servant and after 35 years of active service he only have his built one story building and a car to show for it as in after 35 forking years?
while a newly settled apprentice can buy a choice car just after 3-4 years of trading or doing what he's best at.
how do you expect me to follow the same route when i already knew the outcome?
shey na 30k minimum wage we still dey deliberate on as in 30k not even what an average entrepreneur spend on data monthly.
why wont the morals of working class cut when they see young legit traders or entrepreneurs spend what they earn monthly in few days or in a day.
go and see how traders from mgbuka, main market, etc spend money like nothing and you expect a working class moral not to cut grin

biko blame our government for making working conditions poor for working class and not entrepreneurs
after all said and done the reality is that life is still in stages and phases. Most times no mater how hard u try to to turn the tide it wount yield soon but gradually. Like the bible said ' time and chance happened to them all'. But let us be contented that there will always be a humble beginning and never loose hope but remain motivated

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Entrepreneurs Are Ruining Morales Of Employees by Destinyosaro(m): 9:45pm On Jan 20, 2020
Mad
Re: Entrepreneurs Are Ruining Morales Of Employees by yom2(m): 9:48pm On Jan 20, 2020
Esseite:
No boss is happy to owe salaries, it shows all he has built over the years is crumbling.

not in all cases. Some are simply wicked, greedy, selfish and exploitative

1 Like

Re: Entrepreneurs Are Ruining Morales Of Employees by Bahddo(m): 9:54pm On Jan 20, 2020
ultron12345:
Rubbish

honestly, you have said the raw truth. Too many dishonest workers in Nigeria (from government to the governed), that's why nothing works.

Funny how dishonesty is a huge part of our culture when we are also among the most religious countries in the world.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Entrepreneurs Are Ruining Morales Of Employees by yom2(m): 10:04pm On Jan 20, 2020
ultron12345:
Rubbish

. I hope u are not one of those oppressing bosses. Points noted sha. But remember its vice Verser.
Re: Entrepreneurs Are Ruining Morales Of Employees by yom2(m): 10:07pm On Jan 20, 2020
brownemmanuel43:
This is bad, the worst part is the same business owners will still be set of complaining about how bad our leaders are. But they can't do things right.
Welcome to Nigeria
some bunch of m fuckers! Such a vicious cycle
Re: Entrepreneurs Are Ruining Morales Of Employees by Nobody: 10:07pm On Jan 20, 2020
pocohantas:
No mind them. Sole proprietorship aka one man business is one of the worst places to work.

Not all, but majority of them have no structure or laid down career path/growth for you.

They'll now come online to be disturbing us.

"I am my own boss"
"I will never work for any man"

And they told me you are smart...tueh!!

1 Like

Re: Entrepreneurs Are Ruining Morales Of Employees by yom2(m): 10:19pm On Jan 20, 2020
Baselm:
I can boldly say 90% of sole proprietors in this country are wicked, I have worked in at least 3 indigenous Engineering companies and I can say they are almost always the same. They collect huge contracts from the government at inflated prices, they have you do everything and yet they don't want to pay you a respectable salary.

It's not even all this SMEs, I'm talking of huge Federal and state projects, yet all you earn is peanuts. Once I leave this company, I'm never working for a Nigerian man again.
. Lol !
Re: Entrepreneurs Are Ruining Morales Of Employees by Darestc2k12: 10:25pm On Jan 20, 2020
ultron12345:
Rubbish

I like this . Oga u are very correct
Re: Entrepreneurs Are Ruining Morales Of Employees by Nobody: 10:35pm On Jan 20, 2020
ngadaAwo:
not entrepreneurs but government

Nobody want to live a life of slavery and pauper and probably die with nothing to show of their struggle
the government made it so not entrepreneurs.
imagine life without entrepreneurship, imagine millions of unemployed youths roaming in the streets seeking a petty job from one office to another.

the government made it almost impossible to land a dream job without connection or have you heard of CBN, FIRS, EFCC, etc recruitment on public media?
these are jobs that can make your life meaningful but it's left for the elites to continue getting richer and more connected leaving other smaller jobs for the masses.
so you expect an ambitious youth that dream of going places and having a nice life to stick around with that 50k job while he has multi talent that can fetch him more than that a day or more?

my Dad is a retired civil servant and after 35 years of active service he only have his built one story building and a car to show for it as in after 35 forking years?
while a newly settled apprentice can buy a choice car just after 3-4 years of trading or doing what he's best at.
how do you expect me to follow the same route when i already knew the outcome?
shey na 30k minimum wage we still dey deliberate on as in 30k not even what an average entrepreneur spend on data monthly.
why wont the morals of working class cut when they see young legit traders or entrepreneurs spend what they earn monthly in few days or in a day.
go and see how traders from mgbuka, main market, etc spend money like nothing and you expect a working class moral not to cut grin

biko blame our government for making working conditions poor for working class and not entrepreneurs
You can also make it as a CIVIL SERVANT! DO NOT DEMORALIZE ASPIRING CIVIL SERVANTS; Witnesses abound in that regard
Re: Entrepreneurs Are Ruining Morales Of Employees by CeterisXVII: 10:47pm On Jan 20, 2020
Baselm:
There are bosses happy to owe salaries. Right now in my company,we are consultants on at least 2 Federal roads and it will interest you to know that we sometimes go 3/4 months without salary. When government releases money, my boss will clear the backlog of salaries and divert the rest for personal use, till the day another money comes from the government.
This is a man who claims over 6times the amount he pays me and others from government. Yes, over 6 times, I have seen several certificates he raised and I know how much I earn. No extra bonuses and we risk our lives traveling everytime, there is not even site allowance, it is that terrible.
I have seen Nigerian SME business owners, who will be owing workers/employees salaries, yet he is busy flying from Tokyo to Toronto to enjoy himself, and give his family lavish treats. Some are even busy doling out money to impress their girlfriends, but will ignore the fact that they are owing you. sad

A few do it deliberately, in the hope that the employees will get fed up and leave, so that they won't have to pay the backlog of salaries, they are owing such people. undecided

The most annoying ones are those who expect or even demand that you work overtime till 9p.m or 10p.m. Yet, if you come in late the following morning, they will shout and ask HR to deduct money from your wages, from coming in late! angry

I stopped offering consultancy services to some SME firms last year, because there was no way they could make progress due to the bad treatment they kept dishing out to their staff. sad

As a business owner, you want to implement new initiatives, improve productivity, plug loopholes, increase clientele.....yet, you hardly pay your staff, as and when due. angry

You insult them, distrust them, humiliate them and cheat them, simply because you are their boss. You are quick to call them thieves, but will never tell others how badly you treated them.

I know bosses who will gladly pay huge sums to 3rd party firms to carry out a contract, (because the owner of such firms are his friends), but would not pay one-tenth of that sum to his staff, to carry out the same job, or similar activities, even when they have the capacity to do so.

The same boss will treat Nigerian workers like crap, but will bend over backwards to please Indian expatriates on his payroll, because he thinks they are superior. sad

Even when others want to help your staff, you frown at such efforts, and block it. undecided

Who do you think will help you implement all your fancy ideas and plans? The same staff you have treated like crap, abí? Na who be mumu, nah? shocked

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Entrepreneurs Are Ruining Morales Of Employees by CeterisXVII: 10:56pm On Jan 20, 2020
Oregbe17:

You can also make it as a CIVIL SERVANT! DO NOT DEMORALIZE ASPIRING CIVIL SERVANTS; Witnesses abound in that regard
Unless you are corrupt. How much do civil servants make? What is their salary scale?

Only civil servants in parastatals like NPA, FAAN, NNPC, NLNG etc, can make it. But you see the ones in the ministries....ah, forget it. Their salaries are like peanuts.

A whole perm sec in some of these ministries, does not earn more than 300k per month. With a family of five, how can he make it?
Re: Entrepreneurs Are Ruining Morales Of Employees by Nobody: 11:01pm On Jan 20, 2020
CeterisXVII:

Unless you are corrupt. How much do civil servants make? What is their salary scale?

Only civil servants in parastatals like NPA, FAAN, NNPC, NLNG etc, can make it. But you see the ones in the ministries....ah, forget it. Their salaries are like peanuts.

A whole perm sec in some of these ministries, does not earn more than 300k per month. With a family of five, how can he make it?
You omitted special assignments(tours, surveys, workshops, training etc). These designated jobs also give them more money apart from the monthly salary
Re: Entrepreneurs Are Ruining Morales Of Employees by CeterisXVII: 11:01pm On Jan 20, 2020
ultron12345:
Rubbish

Spoken like a true Shylock business owner. angry It is people like you that will pay slave wages, yet demand hi-tech performance which is not commensurate with the peanuts, you pay. That is why you always have a high turnover of staff, and lousy output.

If you want to be fair and honest, you know quite well that a 20k or 30k per month salary is nothing but sheer wickedness, to offer a graduate. You have the ability to pay more, because you have earned quadruple of that amount off their sweat. undecided

You even know that your competitors and people in other industries pay way higher, yet you are trying to justify your exploitative tendencies. Continue....you will reap the bad fruits, of your wrongdoings. No be Naija we dey?? sad

Then you whine that they are robbing you blind, when you have not put in place measures to prevent robbery. sad

One SME business owner sent his staff to Ibadan to carry out some field work and gave them nothing as food allowance, or contingency. angry

How they would feed themselves after leaving Lagos for Ibadan was in God's hands. Yet he expects them to perform wonders, and impress his clients in Ibadan. Joker! cheesy

3 Likes

Re: Entrepreneurs Are Ruining Morales Of Employees by cheapgoals(m): 11:04pm On Jan 20, 2020
Exact same thing I saw explaining to someone last night.. bless you

ultron12345:
Rubbish

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

AIT Staff Beg Buhari To Intervene In Salary Crisis / Transcorp Hilton Staff Loses Job For Supporting Buhari / Man With One Hand Working As A Laborer (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 283
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.