Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,330 members, 7,829,839 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 12:30 PM

Where Are The Hausas? - Politics (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Where Are The Hausas? (9057 Views)

Femi Fani-kayode: The Yorubas Can Never Support The Igbos Against The Hausas / Ban on Bureau De Change: Is Buhari Fighting The Hausas? / Adaka Boro: Vindicating The Hausas And Yorubas (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Where Are The Hausas? by somehow: 10:51am On Jan 21, 2020
myobjective:

This is a man that knows whats up.
Northerners values religion more than anything, a core Northerner will favor and give her daughter in marriage to a Yoruba, Auchi, Egbira Muslim than Shia or christian minority in their means.

Reasons why the people are solidly behind the government, prosecution of the Shia is cut them to size and prevent them from having the number requires to be a serious threat to the unity enjoyed bu core- northerners.

Without a restructures Nigeria, a weaken Fulani hegemony in the north will create more problem for Nigeria at large than any political gain the south will gain. The core northerners are still a better ally to the Yoruba than Igbo, a core northerner will treat you as their own if you pray with them, treat them well but the igbo will never see you as their brother no matter how long you live with them.

While I find your post enlightening, I would like to let you know that there is nothing like "Fulani hegemony', the north did what we call "division of labor" or "specialization". The major tribes have specialization and they use this well.

Elites are into politics and business
Middle class into education and religious brainwashing
Lower class into acting out for the other 2 and doing the main physical fight.

The north has more than 100 languages and tribes, they all thrive in their strengths. It will take the south to stop fighting each other to understand what unity can achieve.

Regional government is the key
Before anything else.
Re: Where Are The Hausas? by Blackking98(m): 10:52am On Jan 21, 2020
myobjective:

It is more complex than that bro. In the north-west, Hausas are Fulanis and Fulanis are Hausas reasons you hear Hausa-Fulani on tv and the print media. 200 plus years of intermarriage and common Hausa language has created an hybrid group who inseparable brothers in tongue and religion
What kind of hybrid group where one subjugates the other, so you mean not even one hausa man is fit to be an emir, not even one?. The fulani came as Invaders, read up the fulani war and see what happened, it didn't start of as neighbors freely inter marrying till they become one bro

4 Likes

Re: Where Are The Hausas? by ikpuchinonye1994: 10:59am On Jan 21, 2020
myobjective:

I have been to Umudioka, Ihalla, Onitsha and Awka in Anambra state. I have also been to different part of Enugu, Imo and Abia state.
ok
Re: Where Are The Hausas? by Nobody: 11:03am On Jan 21, 2020
olril17:

so u don't know the king of ilorin and offa no dey gree? go and look for the reason..
and to put across your point, you have to result to insult..does that make you feel better?
how does that translate to Fulani wanting to take Offa?

Please don't mislead the public, the two monarch are just in loggerhead ( battle of supremacist)

FYI ilorin is not Fulani city, you'll see a tiny proportion of Fulani(the royal family) if you doubt travel down to ilorin and and start speaking Fulani if anyone will understand you.

I was born and bred in kwara, kwara is 70% Yoruba, 27% (nupe, baruba, labari) you will only find like 1-2% irrelevant finalis in ilorin.
Re: Where Are The Hausas? by myobjective: 11:04am On Jan 21, 2020
somehow:

While I find your post enlightening, I would like to let you know that there is nothing like "Fulani hegemony', the north did what we call "division of labor" or "specialization". The major tribes have specialization and they use this well.

There is some kind of 'Fulani hegemony', this group might also contain some of other minority but they all act and push for same agenda.

You are right her but not as clear cut, the problem is the middle class which is shrinking everyday. The middle class is really small and their number is threatening by every successful northern rule

The north has more than 100 languages and tribes, they all thrive in their strengths. It will take the south to stop fighting each other to understand what unity can achieve.

North west is much less diverse, without the minority Hausanized Bauchi, the Hausa-Fulani have very few diversity reasons why religion is the only binding force in the region

Before anything else.

Region government is the future
Re: Where Are The Hausas? by olril17(m): 11:05am On Jan 21, 2020
Waterview:

Please don't mislead the public, the two monarch are just in loggerhead ( battle of supremacist)

FYI ilorin is not Fulani city, you'll see a tiny proportion of Fulani(the royal family) if you doubt travel down to ilorin and and start speaking Fulani if anyone will understand you.

I was born and bred in kwara, kwara is 70% Yoruba, 27% (nupe, baruba, labari) you will only find like 1-2% irrelevant finalis in ilorin.
so can you also explained why they are trying to put Jebba in to the Ilorin emirate?
can a pure Yoruba ever become an emir in ilorin?
Re: Where Are The Hausas? by myobjective: 11:06am On Jan 21, 2020
Waterview:

They don't know and they would never learn. Fulani don't have any say on the affairs of Kwara, the emir is a ceremonial position, he is just a religious symbol, nothing else.

1 Like

Re: Where Are The Hausas? by kayfra: 11:11am On Jan 21, 2020
somehow:

Before anything else.

Whatever you posted achieved an average poverty rate of 80% up North

Spectacle or eye sore. You take your pick
Re: Where Are The Hausas? by toye440: 11:14am On Jan 21, 2020
StaffofOrayan:
This is a very very interesting.
The Fulanis have never changed their mode of conquest, they use Islam as a tool to deceive people to betray themselves

If you are smart you would see the whole hijab issue is to raise an army of sympathetic muslims that would unknowingly be defending fulani in the guise of fighting for islam
Pls somebody get this guy a cold bottle of stout. Thesame way they r trying to penetrate the SW using MURIC and other gullible yoruba muslims.
Re: Where Are The Hausas? by citizenY(m): 11:27am On Jan 21, 2020
fulanimafia:

Co signed. Apt and straightforward.

Cc: jayfolarin This is your answer.

I'm still in shock over the grand ignorance displayed on the first page.

I am shocked that you at shocked . I like threads like this. Very amusing. I like seeing people bringing out the bigotry in them. It is just like a drunkard with apermanent hangover.
Re: Where Are The Hausas? by citizenY(m): 11:27am On Jan 21, 2020
fulanimafia:

I am shocked that you are shocked . I like threads like this. Very amusing. I like seeing people bringing out the bigotry in them. It is just like a drunkard with a permanent hangover.

1 Like

Re: Where Are The Hausas? by Yujin(m): 11:34am On Jan 21, 2020
myobjective:

You are right bro!

The Fulani elites are not really happy about the activities of criminal bandits and herdsmen but their is nothing they can do about it. Hausa-Fulani are not looking at taking any land but they want the unity of Nigeria to continue to have access to the crude oil and port of the south, nothing is wrong with that, what I'm worried about is the way poverty and illiteracy has ravage the region and how they are doing so little to change.

They can't afford to fight any war with any group in Nigeria without risky breaking up Nigeria reasons why some why secessionist are heating up the politicking with this Amotekun.
You can only deceive those who chose to remain in wishful land. Lands in Plateau, Kaduna, Gombe, Taraba, Nassarawa and Bauchi states have been taken over by fulanis yet you rap this lies here? Any way, fulanis will not stop the conquest and we know their plan A and B. We are watching.

1 Like

Re: Where Are The Hausas? by Nobody: 11:51am On Jan 21, 2020
fulanimafia:

Yo co-signed some bullshit that did nothing to address the issues that I raised. But yeahh, your signature is noted.
Re: Where Are The Hausas? by sean079: 11:54am On Jan 21, 2020
myobjective:

I have a Yoruba friend married to a Fulani. Fulani will give their daughter in marriage to you if you are a practicing Muslim, understand the Hausa-Fulani culture and if your social status is comparable to theirs. Apart from religion another factor is your social standing in the society, a rich Yoruba Muslim in the North will easily married the daughter of a rich Fulani or Hausa-Fulani

This is what am saying exactly, must u be rich or muslim before the parent consider you enough to marry their daugther. Of course i am yoruba with xtian foundation but no more attach to any beleif
Re: Where Are The Hausas? by Mainmanpadi(m): 11:55am On Jan 21, 2020
sean079:

I am talking from experience cos my wife is mixed with the dad fulani from Guinea n mum Nigeria. Even my fulani friend from Gambia told me its the culture among fulani everywhere that even his own dad never support stranger getting married to outsider but prefer male marrying outsider than female
Don't say what u know nothing about. There is inter marriage between the Hausas and the fulanis in the North. My elder bro met this fulani girl who was selling fura da nono to them in the market and they got married. They even have two children now
Re: Where Are The Hausas? by myobjective: 12:01pm On Jan 21, 2020
sean079:

This is what am saying exactly, must u be rich or muslim before the parent consider you enough to marry their daugther. Of course i am yoruba with xtian foundation but no more attach to any beleif

You don't have to be rich but you must be a Muslim. What I mean is that marriages in the north has to do with class and religion. If you are poor and you will likely married a poor Hausa-Fulani.
Re: Where Are The Hausas? by Ginomel(m): 12:09pm On Jan 21, 2020
FrLukas:

You see the Fulanis as brothers but they see you as subjects.
Well said.
on the other hand, are you a Catholic priest?

1 Like

Re: Where Are The Hausas? by somehow: 12:27pm On Jan 21, 2020
And where in Nigeria is heaven? Not here for petty discourse.
kayfra:

Whatever you posted achieved an average poverty rate of 80% up North

Spectacle or eye sore. You take your pick
Re: Where Are The Hausas? by somehow: 12:29pm On Jan 21, 2020
myobjective:

Region government is the future

The agenda is not a Fulani agenda but a northern agenda (Core north).
The core Fulanis don't stick to one place for long and have little time for politics. Their own song is SURVIVAL!
Re: Where Are The Hausas? by churchee: 12:36pm On Jan 21, 2020
nextdoor84:

Oga remove Benue and kogi from that list asap!! They do not speak hausa over there. Don't misinform the people.

You don't know what you are saying. So they don't speak Hausa (for trading) in Lokoja, Markudi, Otukpo and Zaki biam? Do I seem like a fish in a well to you?

Misinform kee you there.
Re: Where Are The Hausas? by Nobody: 12:59pm On Jan 21, 2020
Waterview:

Battle of supremacy between an indigenous yoruba king and a visiting/invading fulani king in a traditionally yoruba town with and you try to downplay it as normal.

Imagine a yoruba oba in kano dragging with the Emir. Or even borno??

That's absurdity at its peak and you know it

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Where Are The Hausas? by Nobody: 1:01pm On Jan 21, 2020
Ginomel:

Well said.

on the other hand, are you a Catholic priest?

No, I'm not. smiley
Re: Where Are The Hausas? by fulanimafia: 1:14pm On Jan 21, 2020
ProudDick:

Fulanis lack leadership acumen. What leadership acumen does buhari have? Amina became UN Dp because of quota. And the quota goes to her because a Fulani man is president. I’ve never seen a race as dumb as the Fulani. People with leadership acumen would not be the poverty capital of the war. Tell me any organization populated by Fulani that is not in shambles. Is it the police, army or custom?

Is that why they keep politically outsmarting and dominating you?

Is that why they're the most dominant ethnic group on the Forbes list (BUA, Dangote)

Is that why they are militarily superior than your own group?

Is that why they've been creating wealth since the 19th century (Dantata n Co.) when you were still roaming the bushes and making dishes out of each other?

Whether you like or or not, the Hausa and Fulani are now so intertwined that we are one united people. It is your headache who rules whom the more. Our unity is our strength and your weakness & nemesis so it's no surprise you are suddenly so obsessed with the great Fulanis.

Your wails, our entertainment cool

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Where Are The Hausas? by oyatz(m): 1:24pm On Jan 21, 2020
Please just mention three Nigerian Towns/cities that are FULANI Towns/cities. Definitely not Sokoto, Kano , Katsina or Zauzau (Zaria).

Fulanis are a minority tribe in Nigieria.

Obviously you don't know much about Ilorin.

Go to Oja Oba in the heart of Ilorin and speak the FULANI Language.

Try to attend 7 wedding and naming ceremonies in Ilorin and tell me if they are Yoruba or Fulani ceremonies.

Try to check if these ceremonies are closer to those in Ogbomosho, Oyo, Ibadan or closer to wedding and naming ceremonies in Sokoto ,Zamfara or Gwandu.

Check the Music record stores in Ilorin and see whether it's Yoruba music like Fuji, Juju or Fulani music that is the dominant music genres there.

All the surrounding towns around Ilorin like Offa, Ijagbo, Eiyekorin, Asa and even farther towns like Jebba are Yoruba towns so how can Ilorin become Fulani in isolation?

olril17:

let's keep fooling ourselves in Yorubaland about how fulanis have been yorubanized...yet they want to subjugate jebba and put the town under the Emirates,and they have been trying to to do same to Offa as well.. yorubanized indeed ooo
Re: Where Are The Hausas? by isaacsegun(m): 1:37pm On Jan 21, 2020
churchee:

You don't know what you are saying. So they don't speak Hausa (for trading) in Lokoja, Markudi, Otukpo and Zaki biam? Do I seem like a fish in a well to you?

Misinform kee you there.

Oga, stop saying nonsense. Who is speaking Hausa in kogi? The last time I checked, no indigenous Hausa town/village in kogi. Any where you see they speak Hausa in kogi, the language is been spoken by Hausa settlers within theirselves. You people will just be saying rubbish on something you have no knowledge of. Even in Benue they don't use Hausa as means of communication. The only three state in north central where Hausa is been spoken widely is Nassarawa, Plateau and Taraba plus FCT.
Re: Where Are The Hausas? by celeiyke: 1:49pm On Jan 21, 2020
myobjective:

I live in the North

where in the north
Re: Where Are The Hausas? by Nobody: 2:02pm On Jan 21, 2020
isaacsegun:

Oga, stop saying nonsense. Who is speaking Hausa in kogi? The last time I checked, no indigenous Hausa town/village in kogi. Any where you see they speak Hausa in kogi, the language is been spoken by Hausa settlers within theirselves. You people will just be saying rubbish on something you have no knowledge of. Even in Benue they don't use Hausa as means of communication. The only three state in north central where Hausa is been spoken widely is Nassarawa, Plateau and Taraba plus FCT.

They are saying nonsense, trying to dilute the conversation. Make it seem normal that the fulani man is oppressing the hausa man in his own domain.

How can the most powerful persons from the north come from the group with the least population? While the natives have no powerful person representation.

Abnormality

1 Like

Re: Where Are The Hausas? by Osaze007: 2:23pm On Jan 21, 2020
oyatz:
E.g

1) Balarabe = A son born on Thursday

2) Danladi= A son born on Sunday

3) Gambo= A child born after a set of twins

4) Chiroma= First born son of a king or a nobleman = Okpara (Igbo)= Aremo (Old Oyo Yorubas)

5) Shekarau= A child whose pregnancy exceeded the usual 9 months= Omope (Yoruba)

6) Attahiru= The spotless = Ajimotokin (Yoruba)

7) Al-Hassan (From Arabic) = The first son in a set of twins

cool Family trades adopted as surnames e.g
Maimagani= The potent medicines seller.

Note:

1) Most Hausas bear Islamic/Arabic names e.g Abubakar, Fatimah

2) Most Northers adopt the names of their towns/villages as surnames e.g Aminu Kano, Sheu Shagari, Hassan Katsina etc.

However, those from Royal families/dynasties wish to emphasize this by bearing their names plus their father's and grandfather's name e.g Sanusi Lamido Sanusi meaning

Sanusi ,the son of Lamido (a learned Fulaniman) ,the son of Sanusi.

Emir Muhammadu Idrissa Ibn Muhammadu Ambali.

I see
Re: Where Are The Hausas? by kayfra: 2:30pm On Jan 21, 2020
somehow:
And where in Nigeria is heaven? Not here for petty discourse.

Is this about being in heaven for effs sakes. 80% poverty means the people are mostly destitute unlike average 20% poverty you see in places like the SW.

You should be ashamed. You all have nothing to live for and a culture that embraces misery.
Re: Where Are The Hausas? by kayfra: 2:38pm On Jan 21, 2020
fulanimafia:

Is that why they keep politically outsmarting and dominating you?

Is that why they're the most dominant ethnic group on the Forbes list (BUA, Dangote)

Is that why they've been creating wealth since the 19th century (Dantata n Co.) when you were still roaming the bushes and making dishes out of each other?

Whether you like or or not, the Hausa and Fulani are now so intertwined that we are one united people. It is your headache who rules whom the more. Our unity is our strength and your weakness & nemesis so it's no surprise you are suddenly so obsessed with the great Fulanis.

Your wails, our entertainment cool

Is that why they are the poverty capital of the entire world? You are celebrating income inequality and terrible outcomes for the entire group that are average destitutes with 80% extreme poverty. Picking a few rich folks while the majority rot away with religion used to bait them is nothing to be proud of.

Quality of life is the worst in the entire world
Re: Where Are The Hausas? by DennisEche(m): 2:44pm On Jan 21, 2020
jayfolarin:

I would expect the business success to be the case considering its literally the hausa's land and home. It's just baffling that despite the huge population disparity, the fulani has managed to control power completely in the north and through them, Nigeria.

I think focus should be shifted back to this issue. As i sincerely believe that the one way to clip the fulani wings and their conquest escapades towards other region in Nigeria is to go back to the beginning and put the hausa man back in charge of his immediate society.

The huge population of the hausas mean that fulani controlling them hold a key voting population in Nigeria. This is something that shouldn't have been allowed to happen and can still be corrected with the right tools.

If anyone has resources I can read up about hausa's subjugation by the fulani, please send me a link. Thanks
PLS READ THIS , I PITY THE HAUSAS https://www.persee.fr/doc/jafr_0037-9166_1963_num_33_2_1370
Re: Where Are The Hausas? by ikpuchinonye1994: 2:45pm On Jan 21, 2020
fulanimafia:

[s]Is that why they keep politically outsmarting and dominating you?

Your wails, our entertainment cool[\s]
How are their politically outsmarting others when most Nigerian leaders during the military rule where from the middle-belt of Nigeria which are of different from ethnic extraction..Even the most superior ethinic groups are still from the middle belt that's why most Nigerian military formation are situated in the middle belt..

And for you info, Fulani does not dominate any Forbes list apart from dangote which I think is Hausa other people dominating it are from southern part of Nigeria..
Foolanis are still savages who are yet to evolve into full human being, go to other African countries and see what a real Fulani looks like, poor and wretched who doesn't like development at all..There is nothing great about them aprt from the trouble they keep creating anywhere they are and that's why they are being killed in their numbers across Africa.. You people should breeding hate what befell your kinds in CAR will soon befell you people in Nigeria.. The other ethnic groups in Nigeria are waking up small that's why they keep killing you people in the middle belt..

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Federal High Court With 75 Judges Has 128,000 Pending Cases - Chief Judge / Senate Plans Law Making Electronic Transmission Of Results Mandatory / Taxi Cab Driver Rams Into Plane In Airport

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 97
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.