Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,006 members, 7,835,414 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 09:49 AM

Where Are The Hausas? - Politics (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Where Are The Hausas? (9219 Views)

Femi Fani-kayode: The Yorubas Can Never Support The Igbos Against The Hausas / Ban on Bureau De Change: Is Buhari Fighting The Hausas? / Adaka Boro: Vindicating The Hausas And Yorubas (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Where Are The Hausas? by DennisEche(m): 2:56pm On Jan 21, 2020
9jii:

See you just boldly expose your ignorance on these issues.
The people ravaging zamfara are Bandits not jus fulani
They include Hausa, fulani and other tribes from Niger republic. They are solely in it for the money and are rustling cows from fulani taking over the land for payment from villages and kidnapping people for ransom.
Well if you said Zakzaky and shiat members are only Hausa, you u deserve accolades for this ignorance.
LIAR FROM THE PIT OF HELL, THE KILLERS IN ZAMFARA,KD,SOKOTO,KATSINA ARE FULANIS AND NOT BANDITS
Re: Where Are The Hausas? by Ginomel(m): 3:01pm On Jan 21, 2020
FrLukas:

No, I'm not. smiley

Oh!
Re: Where Are The Hausas? by rosebowl01(m): 3:02pm On Jan 21, 2020
shariff84:
We hausas,we see ourselves with Fulani as the same,we mostly don't care about what Fulani has become in Hausa.In a nutshell,we see ourselves as brothers just as the way Yoruba Muslims and Christians are.let me tell you one thing that you don't know,in the north we value religion more than anything. Onces you are muslem then we see yourself the same.in the north we have a lot of tribe not only Hausa Fulani almost about 100 tribe but we mostly spoke Hausa as our general language.Also, among this 100tribe onces you are muslem then we see ourselves one!

Permit me to ask, if it is true that you “see yourselves as one”, how come the position of leadership be it Sultan, Emir, Governor, President...etc is exclusive to just one member of the supposed multi ethnicity? Are you sure that the Fulani see you all as equal, or you are “equal” so far they are in control of your fate?
All animals are equal, but some are more equal than others.

1 Like

Re: Where Are The Hausas? by 9jii(m): 3:06pm On Jan 21, 2020
DennisEche:

LIAR FROM THE PIT OF HELL, THE KILLERS IN ZAMFARA,KD,SOKOTO,KATSINA ARE FULANIS AND NOT BANDITS
Saying by someone 1000 miles away. U are design to believe all the crap u did.

2 Likes

Re: Where Are The Hausas? by Nobody: 3:58pm On Jan 21, 2020
9jii:

Saying by someone 1000 miles away. U are design to believe all the crap u did.

And you by design are paid to spew fulani propaganda online
Re: Where Are The Hausas? by BrownRoofRep: 4:08pm On Jan 21, 2020
babasolution:
dangote is ethnic hausa, abdulsalman rabiu is ethnic hausa,most of the wealthy men in the north i think are ethnic hausas,the hausas i think are more interested in business than politics.Though majority of them are poor and conquered.
If you mean Abdulsalami Abubakar - he is a Gwari.
If you mean the current governor of Kwara State he is a Fulani.
Kwankwaso was just a governor.

The fact remains that no Hausa has ever ruled Nigeria.
Re: Where Are The Hausas? by BrownRoofRep: 4:15pm On Jan 21, 2020
shariff84:
We hausas,we see ourselves with Fulani as the same,we mostly don't care about what Fulani has become in Hausa.In a nutshell,we see ourselves as brothers just as the way Yoruba Muslims and Christians are.let me tell you one thing that you don't know,in the north we value religion more than anything. Onces you are muslem then we see yourself the same.in the north we have a lot of tribe not only Hausa Fulani almost about 100 tribe but we mostly spoke Hausa as our general language.Also, among this 100tribe onces you are muslem then we see ourselves one!
And despite seeing yourself as one none of your part has been able to descend to high position in Nigeria or hold a strategic position.

You can continue deceiving yourself or be lying through your teeth but the fact remains that Hausas have since been conquered and subjugated.

Point of correction, Fulani people do not see themselves as the same with Hausas, they actually see you guys as a very low standard being. Using Yoruba Christians and Muslims as example does not even make an iota of sense.
Re: Where Are The Hausas? by DennisEche(m): 4:37pm On Jan 21, 2020
jayfolarin:
What is the situation with the hausas in the north? Are they now a conquered tribe?, A silent one? Or just ruthlessly oppressed by the fulani?

Growing up, I was taught in school that the major tribes in Nigeria are the yoruba, igbo and hausa. But after a while the term hausa/fulani started to pop up everywhere on the media and now it's just fulani with very little mention of hausa in any important national discussion.

My understanding is that the hausas still vastly outnumber the fulani in the north but are there still hausas in any significant position of power in there? If so, who are they?

I don't know too much about this topic, never travelled past Abuja while I was in naija and can't find enough resources on the internet.

Your inputs will be very much appreciated

Edit: special shout out to @DennisEche for bringing this to my attention. A chronicle of 'Fulani conquest and rule of the hausa'. Not read it entirely but so far it is such an interesting & enlightening read

Here - https://www.persee.fr/doc/jafr_0037-9166_1963_num_33_2_1370 for anyone interested

You welcome bro, they are trying to use same in the south but kole work
Re: Where Are The Hausas? by DennisEche(m): 5:14pm On Jan 21, 2020
fx45:
What befell the Fulani in the Central African Republic will also befall them in Nigeria. Una cup is gradually getting filled up. It's now a question of time. Go and familiarize yourself with the word ANTI-BALAKA
nice one guya, i just read the anti balaka story in CAR, those guys really dealth with them there, Fulanis are cowards they have no strengths, they do those rubbish because of govt backing
Re: Where Are The Hausas? by kayfra: 5:23pm On Jan 21, 2020
BrownRoofRep:

If you mean Abdulsalami Abubakar - he is a Gwari.
If you mean the current governor of Kwara State he is a Fulani.
Kwankwaso was just a governor.

The fact remains that no Hausa has ever ruled Nigeria.

Kwara governor is 100% Yoruba. Stop making stuff up. Even the past one is Yoruba

https://www.thisdaylive.com/index.php/2019/03/06/oba-of-ilorin-will-emerge-under-abdulrazaq-as-kwara-gov-says-cleric/
Re: Where Are The Hausas? by BrownRoofRep: 6:07pm On Jan 21, 2020
kayfra:

Kwara governor is 100% Yoruba. Stop making stuff up. Even the past one is Yoruba

https://www.thisdaylive.com/index.php/2019/03/06/oba-of-ilorin-will-emerge-under-abdulrazaq-as-kwara-gov-says-cleric/
Lmao grin
Waiting for him to come out and tell you guys to shove it that he is a Fulani, same way as Saraki.

Meanwhile, nothing in him suggests Yoruba. cheesy
Re: Where Are The Hausas? by somehow: 6:21pm On Jan 21, 2020
Wasted time
kayfra:

Is this about being in heaven for effs sakes. 80% poverty means the people are mostly destitute unlike average 20% poverty you see in places like the SW.

You should be ashamed. You all have nothing to live for and a culture that embraces misery.
Re: Where Are The Hausas? by oyatz(m): 6:22pm On Jan 21, 2020
How do you determine who is Fulani and who is Hausa in the North?

It is wrong to say Dantata, Dangote, Ishyaku Rabiu, Buhari are pure Fulanis.

It's more correct to say they are people of mixed Hausa-Fulan-Kanuri ancestries.

AmaHopeOn:
Hausa lead in Business, which business exactly!

I read a post on the Datatas, and I noticed an intentional disturtion of facts. That the danatatas are Hausa's. No, they are not. They are Fulani's.

The Fulani's don't just rule, they control businesses too. Name any thriving business up north, it is owned by Fulani.

Dangote is not hausa, he is Fulani.

The conquest of the Hausa's is not just in their lands, but in the mind too. The average Hausa is dumb, dumb in the sense of not having a mind of their own.

I also know the OP, knows more than he claims and uses a different moniker to fuel this discuss.

There are few Hausa's that are getting liberated, but this few are extremely bitter, but their religion wouldn't let them fight back.

Time, time. The Hausa's will eventually get sense. Give it time, time settles all scores
Re: Where Are The Hausas? by kayfra: 6:39pm On Jan 21, 2020
somehow:
Wasted time

Can you reply with substance or at least pretend that you have something upstairs?
Re: Where Are The Hausas? by saaron(m): 8:23pm On Jan 21, 2020
AmaHopeOn:

The narrative to make it look like the Hausas own trade is intentional and a big fat lie wounded in conspiracy. In fact, the Fulani mission is beyond cows, they are active in taking over territories and subduing others. I will like you to read about the Fulani conquest and their modus of Operandi.

Now, to my assertion that Dangote is not Hausa. The Fulani's are clever, and they know people like you, would try and find out. One other way to conquer a people is to take away their history, by re-writing them so they won't really know who they are.

I know what makes you so sure Dangote is Hausa is because you googled it, and you saw on Wikipedia he is native Hausa, (That is a re-written history), but nothing can be hidden perfectly (worthy of note, you too can edit and write on Wikipedia)

If you check, it was said, Ahassan Dantata's father Abdullahi was from the Agalawa group, they intentionally cut the history from there. Who gave birth to Abdulahi, where did he come from, who were the Agalawa's.

This information is intentionally left out.

Now the Agalawa's:

The Agalawa's are not actually from Kano, they are not indigent, they are immigrants from the desert side of the tuareg and were assimilated into Hausa Society.

Does that make them Hausa. I mean indigenous Hausa, No.

Dangote is not Hausa, he is Fulani.

And this is not about Dangote, list all the top business men from the North, tell me which one of them is Hausa.

Trace their Origin, non of them are indigent Hausa, they are all Fulani's

Don't also forget the fact that, the political big wigs that are all Fulani's up north are way richer than their declared assets. It will surprise you, some are richer than Dangote. Saying, Hausa's control business, and Fulani politics just doesn't make sense. They control everything. Albeit they own the businesses you say are Hausa's, because they aren't indigent Hausa's.

They control everything.

Part of their move is to write Hausa/Fulani, so you won't raise eyebrows. How come they are all Fulani's. To drag you in, so you will feel some sense of entitlement.

Control politics, you control everything.

Who is the richest business man in Lagos, ho. He is a politician, no, he does not control business because he is a politician. Does that make sense.

Don't give in to deciet
Well said.
Even the term Hausa-Fulani is a lie. Fulani detest hausas, reason why the hausas have the largest ''out of school'' children (almajiri) in Nigeria.
Keeping hausas in perpetual bondage and denying them and their children access to education is Fulani way of preventing a new generation of educated hausas that could raise and pose a threat to fulani northern empire in future.
Unfortunately I for the fulanis, nothing last forever. Their satanic empire in the caliphate will be destroyed.
Re: Where Are The Hausas? by Arrewa: 1:03am On Jan 22, 2020
I know say na Igbos go carry this matter for head... Common make una leave Hausafulani people and develop your region!! Gombe alone is better all eastern state put together... Not to talk of kano...

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Where Are The Hausas? by Arrewa: 1:08am On Jan 22, 2020
My father is a fulani man.. My mom is a Hausa,this thread was created to divide the north but its not going to be possibly... We are now one people and stronger together!!
Now go and develop the ease and leave the north alone!! I traveled to the east and was very very disappointed... Upon the whole mouth way una dey make on social media!
No wonder una no dey gree go back grin

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Where Are The Hausas? by Arrewa: 1:10am On Jan 22, 2020
The poor northern Nigeria...
This is the backward Nothern Nigeria according to the Igbos

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Where Are The Hausas? by Arrewa: 1:16am On Jan 22, 2020
God bless the Northern Nigeria!!
The more the hatred the stronger we become!

Stop deceiving yourselves with those Abokis in the south... Those guys ain't Hausafulani of Northern Nigeria... They are from Niger republic they speak Hausa and are generally Muslims... Our people ain't economic refugees like Igbos! The only Northerners in the east are those in military and few doing lucrative business...
Apart from maiduguri, zamfara and yobe other Nothern states is far far better than all the eastern states!

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Where Are The Hausas? by Arrewa: 1:20am On Jan 22, 2020
The rich and developed South east!! Who believe that Hausafulani are so interested in taking over their red moody, swampy land!!
The developers of kano and Lagos! I hail una!

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Where Are The Hausas? by Arrewa: 1:22am On Jan 22, 2020
God bless igbo land... The land of honey and milk!

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Where Are The Hausas? by Arrewa: 1:28am On Jan 22, 2020
I have traveled to 4 state out of 5 igbo state.... Let me tell you! The east is the most backward region in Nigeria... I see Igbo beggars everywhere especially bus park... Everywhere is damn noisy and dirty... Yet una come online to insult the north... Una no dey Shame!!
kayfra:

Is that why they are the poverty capital of the entire world? You are celebrating income inequality and terrible outcomes for the entire group that are average destitutes with 80% extreme poverty. Picking a few rich folks while the majority rot away with religion used to bait them is nothing to be proud of.

Quality of life is the worst in the entire world

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Where Are The Hausas? by Arrewa: 1:31am On Jan 22, 2020
The conquered north!!
The backward north!!
The poverty capital north!!

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Where Are The Hausas? by Arrewa: 1:35am On Jan 22, 2020
God bless northern Nigeria!!

Heritage!

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Where Are The Hausas? by Arrewa: 1:40am On Jan 22, 2020
Hausa_fulani!

1 Share

Re: Where Are The Hausas? by oyatz(m): 5:58am On Jan 22, 2020
You are wrong sir,

Millions of Fulani people have settled in the cities ,they are not in isolation and in the process, they give their females to their host tribes in as much as the suitors are Muslims and substantial cultural assimilation has occurred.

My friend and colleague who served in the North and decided to settle in Kano ditched his Igbo fiancee to marry a Christian Fulani girl at a Catholic Church in Bompai,Kano.

sean079:
May I say there is one heritage that fulani man do not compromise and that is not giving out their female in marriage to another ethnic group. This is what i know very very well. They are also very happy to be in seclusion from other group.

2 Likes

Re: Where Are The Hausas? by oyatz(m): 6:10am On Jan 22, 2020
Bros, everybody migrated from somewhere.

After 4th Generation, you can claim the ethnic group you migrated into.

Donald Trump's Great grandfather migrated from Germany to the USA, today he is a proud American and the President of the US.

Sen Fatai Buhari's (APC, Oyo North) great grandfather, an itinerant Fulani cleric migrated from Sokoto to Ogbomosho, today he is a proud Yoruba man.

Gov Goodwin Obaseki is today a proud Bini noble man and the Governor of Edo State but his Great-grandfather was an Ika man who worked at the palace of the Oba of Bini and rose through the ranks to become a High Chief (Agbo Obaseki).

AmaHopeOn:

You won't find anything tangible on the Internet. People write their own history, if someone else writes for you, they will write to their interest and distort the truth. It is still widely believed, education is haram by the Hausa's, while the Fulani's the emirs, politicians, and business men are well educated. The Fulani's are the ones writing, and the same ones writing Hausa/Fulani.

You have to read books from libraries.

I already gave a robust response to why he is not Hausa, his great great grand father's Migrated to Kano. They are not from there.
Re: Where Are The Hausas? by fulanimafia: 6:13am On Jan 22, 2020
oyatz:
You are wrong sir,

Millions of Fulani people have settled in the cities ,they are not in isolation and in the process, they give their females to their host tribes in as much as the suitors are Muslims and substantial cultural assimilation has occurred.

My friend and colleague who served in the North and decided to settle in Kano ditched his Igbo fiancee to marry a Christian Fulani girl at a Catholic Church in Bompai,Kano.

Thumbs up. So many similar cases abound.

I really wonder where he got his assumptions from.
Re: Where Are The Hausas? by fulanimafia: 6:19am On Jan 22, 2020
Arrewa:
The conquered north!!
The backward north!!
The poverty capital north!!

Allow them to continue to draw consolation from statistics that are grossly at variance with reality.

Ignorance will not allow them reason that those stats are computed on a PER - CAPITA basis (obtained by dividing Nigeria's scarce resources by our much bigger population) which will always make the North appear poorer on paper.

Let them continue to gloat in ignorance wink

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Where Are The Hausas? by fulanimafia: 6:22am On Jan 22, 2020
Arrewa:
My father is a fulani man.. My mom is a Hausa,this thread was created to divide the north but its going to possibly... We are now one people and stronger together!!
Now go and develop the ease and leave the north alone!! I traveled to the east and was very very disappointed... Upon the whole mouth way una dey make on social media!
No wonder una no dey gree go back grin

You are right on the money.

Our unity is our strength and their nightmare. The Hausa Fulani remain a significant political and military force that must be reckoned with. PMBs focus on agriculture, railways, dry ports etc is on track to also restore us to the economic powerhouse we once were pre-independence

Their mission is dead on arrival. Who God has blessed, no man can curse. cheesy

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Where Are The Hausas? by ebujany(m): 6:23am On Jan 22, 2020
No one can help you untill you decide to help your self. The hausas are comfortable in their captivity. Example is the Arrewa fella ranting up there
Re: Where Are The Hausas? by oyatz(m): 6:25am On Jan 22, 2020
In the same ways, there are some Fulanis in Offa, Ijagbo, Kishi, Ogbomosho, Ikoyi and Oyo who have become Yorubas.

Today, the grand children of the late highly successful Oshogbo based Hausa-Fulani businessman, Alh Saidu (Saidu-Gomina) are claiming Yorubas and some have married Yoruba Men/ women

orisa37:

Ask Bodejo. He will tell you some Yorubas who are Fulanis in Sokoto, Zamfara, Kebbi and even Kaduna.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Orji Kalu: Some People Want To Destroy Me Over 2023 Presidency / EU Ambassadors Visit NNPC, Seek Deeper Partnership In Energy Sector / Don’t Threaten Those Who Support Tinubu, Atiku – Ohanaeze Cautions Igbo Youth

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.