Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,712 members, 7,816,917 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 08:15 PM

PDP Secretly Inciting Imo Lawmakers To Impeach Me- Uzodinma - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / PDP Secretly Inciting Imo Lawmakers To Impeach Me- Uzodinma (34082 Views)

They Want To Impeach Me - Edo State Deputy Governor, Philip Shaibu / Bisi Egbeyemi: Fayemi Not Planning To Impeach Me / I Am Not Losing Sleep Over APC’s Plot To Impeach Me - Saraki (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: PDP Secretly Inciting Imo Lawmakers To Impeach Me- Uzodinma by Tekww: 3:02pm On Jan 20, 2020
freeze001:
Hope Uzodinma should not be stupid right now, On what basis will he be impeached? He's barely one week in office so what he needs to do is get to work and acquit himself properly! If he gets involved in shady deals and gets impeached then he'll have only himself to blame, that's it.
Re: PDP Secretly Inciting Imo Lawmakers To Impeach Me- Uzodinma by Centrallock: 3:03pm On Jan 20, 2020
NgeneUkwenu:

So the 8 Members of AA are not of the APC, when Okorocha and His Inlaw had already crossed over to the APC?

Where would they sit to carry out the impeachment? grin

Who will provide Security for them? Ipob I guess?

Kids everywhere! grin grin
you lack wisdom

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: PDP Secretly Inciting Imo Lawmakers To Impeach Me- Uzodinma by Nobody: 3:04pm On Jan 20, 2020
its obvious you didn't win the election . how can APC not have a single house member in the house,APC couldn't win any house seat, but you claimed he won the whole state! impeach the idiot!!
Re: PDP Secretly Inciting Imo Lawmakers To Impeach Me- Uzodinma by awa(m): 3:04pm On Jan 20, 2020
Bros it is too early to start complaining... Abeg focus on your job and let them impeach you first and you will see how the people will raise in support of you. This early is a sign of weakness and Imolites don't want that except you are saying that you are not prepared for the new job. grin
Re: PDP Secretly Inciting Imo Lawmakers To Impeach Me- Uzodinma by Bakos2y7: 3:05pm On Jan 20, 2020
You are the one wailing too much. Carpenter wey no no him work na sowegbe oooo, na kpakoooo
Witchersunited:
can't even be impeached for a crime done before office, so I don't understand why he is bothered about the travel ban issue, doesn't he have a constitutional lawyer in his team to tell him all these, he is motivating wailers to wail more and giving them ideas
Re: PDP Secretly Inciting Imo Lawmakers To Impeach Me- Uzodinma by bizzibodi(m): 3:06pm On Jan 20, 2020
Why will they impeach u,by dem innosonn SUVs & give Dem #2m each for fuel.......and see how dey will scramble to wake yur anu.s
Re: PDP Secretly Inciting Imo Lawmakers To Impeach Me- Uzodinma by ThiagoKid(m): 3:06pm On Jan 20, 2020
Witchersunited:
If the governor said this, he isn't smart, to Impeach someone there has to be evidence of a crime done while in office, stop stoking fear and unrest, you are governor enjoy your time and forget about all those crying wailers and rumors , you have executive authority.
Gbamsolutely!!
Re: PDP Secretly Inciting Imo Lawmakers To Impeach Me- Uzodinma by eagleu: 3:06pm On Jan 20, 2020
Why Hope go dey worry about impeachment when he has the Tanko Mohammed criminal supreme court behind him?
Re: PDP Secretly Inciting Imo Lawmakers To Impeach Me- Uzodinma by Dedetwo(m): 3:08pm On Jan 20, 2020
NgeneUkwenu:

So the 8 Members of AA are not of the APC, when Okorocha and His Inlaw had already crossed over to the APC?

At least, three of the 8 member of AA have defected to PDP since Emeka Ihedioha was sworn-in as governor.

3 Likes

Re: PDP Secretly Inciting Imo Lawmakers To Impeach Me- Uzodinma by BanevsJoker(m): 3:15pm On Jan 20, 2020
Witchersunited:
If the governor said this, he isn't smart, to Impeach someone there has to be evidence of a crime done while in office, stop stoking fear and unrest, you are governor enjoy your time and forget about all those crying wailers and rumors , you have executive authority.
New BMC recruit. No wonder you were defending Fulani Herdsmen in the other thread. Don't worry, you and your family will soon join the statistics.

2 Likes

Re: PDP Secretly Inciting Imo Lawmakers To Impeach Me- Uzodinma by mitty1122: 3:18pm On Jan 20, 2020
Re: PDP Secretly Inciting Imo Lawmakers To Impeach Me- Uzodinma by erospecial: 3:19pm On Jan 20, 2020
I wish those lawmakers weren't the hungry types like those PDP in Lagos assembly at the 8th house. They would've impeached you after 100 days in office.
Re: PDP Secretly Inciting Imo Lawmakers To Impeach Me- Uzodinma by Jman06(m): 3:22pm On Jan 20, 2020
How I wish they'll grow some balls and impeach your silly asss! Imo people will so much appreciate that!!!
Re: PDP Secretly Inciting Imo Lawmakers To Impeach Me- Uzodinma by Urchman200: 3:23pm On Jan 20, 2020
NgeneUkwenu:

when I said some people are less intelligent but employed to do the job of intelligent people this is one of them.

1 Like

Re: PDP Secretly Inciting Imo Lawmakers To Impeach Me- Uzodinma by adelaja70(m): 3:24pm On Jan 20, 2020
Esseite:

All regions are not same... coupled with the fact not a single APC lawmaker in that assembly.
2 APC LAWMAKERS
Re: PDP Secretly Inciting Imo Lawmakers To Impeach Me- Uzodinma by Charly68: 3:24pm On Jan 20, 2020
I love the equation in IMO state,it will make the Governor to sit down fast and work for the people .It is not going to be a paddy paddy affairs .Congrats to the Imolites ,God is fighting for you

1 Like 1 Share

Re: PDP Secretly Inciting Imo Lawmakers To Impeach Me- Uzodinma by Centcanada: 3:25pm On Jan 20, 2020
Whether the impeachment lick or not, they must impeach you that's all. No two ways. Let all the lawmakers in the house should start the impeachment proceedings fast. Let's see how he will escape it or let Mbaka see for him

1 Like 1 Share

Re: PDP Secretly Inciting Imo Lawmakers To Impeach Me- Uzodinma by tityboi: 3:32pm On Jan 20, 2020
Hmmm
Re: PDP Secretly Inciting Imo Lawmakers To Impeach Me- Uzodinma by JackTiger: 3:33pm On Jan 20, 2020
Before nko.U will not celebrate 3 months in office for sure
Re: PDP Secretly Inciting Imo Lawmakers To Impeach Me- Uzodinma by propynich123: 3:35pm On Jan 20, 2020
Re: PDP Secretly Inciting Imo Lawmakers To Impeach Me- Uzodinma by Myself2(m): 3:40pm On Jan 20, 2020
Oga this is Nigeria where we have political and judicial abracabra ( like the one the Supreme Court judges conjured to rig you into office), so better be prepared to dance very well to the tunes. If they impeach you, then you go back to Omuma and lick your wounds quietly or do the smart thing :Return to PDP. After all you have always been a PDP man , for over 20 years, c'mon we all know you only hopped on the convenient APC bandwagon, when they wanted to use the EFCC dogs to smell your smelly nyash over the river niger dredging allegation
Re: PDP Secretly Inciting Imo Lawmakers To Impeach Me- Uzodinma by ppogba: 3:46pm On Jan 20, 2020
NgeneUkwenu:

Truly, kids everywhere.

I guess those commenting think the HOA members are there for the benefit of the society.

Let the Governor dangle carrots before them now and pronto!

One or two midnight meetings and the memebers will co-operate. WHO WAN SUFFER?

1 Like

Re: PDP Secretly Inciting Imo Lawmakers To Impeach Me- Uzodinma by Nobody: 3:54pm On Jan 20, 2020
I will not rest until a helper locates and save my daughter's life���She is just 3 and has been diagnosed with diphtheria, high fever, and an Umbilical hernia (Serious navel pains) pls help click to Donate and Share Pls

https://www.gofundme.com/f/princess-favours-fight-save-her-please?sharetype=teams&member=3525492&rcid=r01-157913443568-1822ff34aa69492a&pc=tw_co_campmgmt_m&utm_medium=social&utm_source=twitter&utm_campaign=p_lico+share-sheet

God bless you and your children and loved ones as the hon donate to help us. Amen
Re: PDP Secretly Inciting Imo Lawmakers To Impeach Me- Uzodinma by golddare: 3:54pm On Jan 20, 2020
ijustdey:

https://thenationonlineng.net/pdp-secretly-inciting-imo-lawmakers-to-impeach-me-uzodinma/

You better divide them or work with them if not you are on vacation.
Re: PDP Secretly Inciting Imo Lawmakers To Impeach Me- Uzodinma by Spy360(m): 3:59pm On Jan 20, 2020
Demolaeby:
Nothing will happened to our Governor. IMO State is strongly behind you. We are hopeful
Hope against Hope
angry
Re: PDP Secretly Inciting Imo Lawmakers To Impeach Me- Uzodinma by lionel4mercy: 4:04pm On Jan 20, 2020
what do you expect
Re: PDP Secretly Inciting Imo Lawmakers To Impeach Me- Uzodinma by Arijude(m): 4:05pm On Jan 20, 2020
NgeneUkwenu:

Are you the one on your dp?
Re: PDP Secretly Inciting Imo Lawmakers To Impeach Me- Uzodinma by kelvd4real(m): 4:10pm On Jan 20, 2020
GamalNasser:
They should if they know what they are doing ..Can you explain how you became governor without a single member of your party in the house? How is that even possible?
Can you explain or point to the law that says you can't be a governor unless you have at least 1 member of your party in the house?
My point is, when making assertions, it should be beyond reasonable doubts. Can he be impeached for not having his party member in the house? The answer is NO. The law on impeachment is very clear. I understand that many people are not conversant with the tenants and dictates of the law, please follow me here.

THE PROCESS FOR IMPEACHING A STATE GOVERNOR IN NIGERIA
Posted at 16:05h in General by Admin 0 Comments
2Likes
IMPEACHING A GOVERNOR
Impeaching a sitting Governor of a State in Nigeria is a very serious matter. It is serious not simply because it amounts to effectively ‘sacking’ the number one citizen of the State in question, but also because it amounts to reversing the decision of a majority of the citizens of that State, who have placed the Governor in that office for a stated term by voting for the Governor in the Gubernatorial elections of that State.

Due to the severity of the issue, the process for impeaching a Governor is pretty stringent and is contained in the one document which has a very strict process and procedure for amendment- The Nigerian Constitution. The process for impeaching a Governor of a State in Nigeria is contained in Section 188 of the 1999 Constitution. In Nigeria, there have been a number of successful impeachments of State Governors since 1999.

Steps for impeaching the Governor of a State in Nigeria:

Step 1

A notice of any allegation in writing alleging gross misconduct on the part of the Governor. This notice must be signed by not less than one-third of the members of the State House of Assembly is presented to the Speaker of the State House of Assembly.

* Gross misconduct is defined by the Constitution as ‘…a grave violation or breach of the provisions of this Constitution or a misconduct of such nature as amounts in the opinion of the National Assembly to gross misconduct.’

Step 2

The Speaker of the State House of Assembly must within 7 days, serve the Governor of the State and each member of the State House of Assembly with a copy of the notice of allegation.

Step 3

The Governor has a right of reply (he/she does not have to reply however), and any such statement in reply to the allegation must be served on each member of the State House of Assembly.

Step 4

Within 14 days of the presentation of the notice to the Speaker of the State House of Assembly, the State House of Assembly shall resolve by motion without any debate whether or not the allegation shall be investigated. This motion needs to be passed by at least two-thirds majority of all members of the State House of Assembly.

Step 5

If the motion fails to reach the required majority, the process immediately stops, and no further action will be taken. However, if the required majority is obtained and the motion is passed, then the Speaker of the State House of Assembly will within 7 days of the passing of the motion, request the Chief Judge of the State to appoint a Panel of seven persons who in his opinion are of unquestionable integrity to investigate the allegations. The members of the Panel cannot be members of any public service, legislative house or political party.

Step 6

The Panel is to report its findings within three months of being appointed. The findings will be reported to the State House of Assembly. During the proceedings of the Panel, the Governor shall have a right to defend himself, and shall also have the right to be defended by a legal practitioner of his/her choice.

Step 7

Where the Panel reports that the allegation has not been proven, there will be no further action. However, if the report is that the allegation against the Governor has been proven, then the State House of Assembly will consider the report, and a resolution for the adoption of the report shall be moved.

Step 8

For the resolution to be adopted, it must be supported by not less than two-thirds majority of all the member the State House of Assembly. Once adopted the Governor shall stand removed from office as from the date of the adoption of the report.

CONSEQUENCES OF IMPEACHMENT
Upon the adoption of the report by two-thirds majority of the State House of Assembly, the Governor stands impeached, and most immediately vacate the office of Governor.
The office of the Governor will pass to the incumbent Deputy-Governor, and he will take the oath of office.
Once the resolution is adopted, there is no recourse to any court of law or judicial proceedings. The Governor cannot challenge the decision of the panel or the State House of Assembly.
Where the Governor is impeached, and the Office of the Deputy-Governor is vacant at the time, then the Speaker of the State House of Assembly shall hold the office of Governor for a period of not more than three months, during which there shall be an election of a new President, who shall hold office for the unexpired term of office of the last holder of the office.
*Although once the impeachment resolution is passed, the impeachment cannot be normally challenged, however, recent court cases have established that, the clear position of the law the courts are empowered to determine the legality or otherwise of the process leading up to the removal of the elected official. In other words, though the impeachment can’t be challenged in court, the process leading up to the impeachment can be challenged in court.
Source: https://lawpadi.com/process-impeaching-state-governor-nigeria/
Constitution: http://www.nigeria-law.org/ConstitutionOfTheFederalRepublicOfNigeria.htm

1 Like

Re: PDP Secretly Inciting Imo Lawmakers To Impeach Me- Uzodinma by Okudiover(m): 4:10pm On Jan 20, 2020
LabDNA:
If you get impeached heaven will not fall. The supreme abracadadra that brought you into office was fraudulent and the most mind boggling judgement ever in the history of this country. Questions are still left unanswered.

Imo people and indeed discerning Nigerians are still shocked that a governor won an election (according to the supreme court) without a single a member of house of assembly elected on his party platform. Where in the world has that ever happened? Pure thievery!

The lawmakers should give you the boot, fast fast. Onye ohi!

You have forgot to mention the contradiction between the electoral laws and the Supreme Court intepretation on the matter as regards what constitutes valid votes.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Tinubu’s Search For A Running Mate Begins, Who Are The Likely Contenders? / MURIC Reacts To RCCG Letter To Fayose On PDP Candidate / Soldiers Kill 89 Bandits In Zamfara, Recover Arms

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.