Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,089 members, 7,825,434 topics. Date: Sunday, 12 May 2024 at 02:32 PM

Help! My 7mnths Boerboel Dogs Still Playing With Strangers At 7months. Pix - Pets (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Pets / Help! My 7mnths Boerboel Dogs Still Playing With Strangers At 7months. Pix (12495 Views)

Zoey At 7months / Boerboel Dogs For Sale. / How Do I Look At 7months Plus (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Help! My 7mnths Boerboel Dogs Still Playing With Strangers At 7months. Pix by IamAnderson(m): 3:35pm On Jan 21, 2020
Picadelly:
I have a neighbor that has this exact type of ur dogs..the one he has barks once in a while and it's friendly.The dog is 3 year old and looks intimidating but it's not aggressive at all to people.I believe this specie only few might be aggressive but majority of them are friendly n URS might b one of them. An aggressive dog from when it is born behaves dat way .
wrong, boerbels are natural guard dogs, and a dog that is a good guard dog isn't always aggressive from birth.
some dogs can take even one year before they become aggressive

2 Likes

Re: Help! My 7mnths Boerboel Dogs Still Playing With Strangers At 7months. Pix by IamAnderson(m): 3:36pm On Jan 21, 2020
EricSmallz:
Prepare their meals with little weeed. Little o, if not, you and your security guy will leave that house for the dogs grin
another wrong and stupid thing to do.
Re: Help! My 7mnths Boerboel Dogs Still Playing With Strangers At 7months. Pix by IamAnderson(m): 3:41pm On Jan 21, 2020
Nicklaus619:

This is what you should do

Don't pet him always as you use to, he. Still thinks he is a Puppy and that's why he still behave like one

Continue like this for the next two months and see him bring out the. MOnster in him

Cheers cool
also wrong, not petting your dog doesn't make it a guard dog, even the most aggressive well trained dogs still have people that pet them and give them treats.
my dog loves being petted and he loves belly rubs but god help you you enter our compound. it takes a second for him to switch to his vicious nature.
if you train your dogs well they will become guard dogs, not petting your dog is just unnecessary and it also leads to lack of bonding

3 Likes

Re: Help! My 7mnths Boerboel Dogs Still Playing With Strangers At 7months. Pix by Nobody: 3:56pm On Jan 21, 2020
2RUTHHURTS:
they have a cage and we are only two in the compound but even in the cage can't bark at strangers but bark at birds and even bark at my Gas cylinder last time I took it out for refill but not at people
Chop of their tails

2 Likes

Re: Help! My 7mnths Boerboel Dogs Still Playing With Strangers At 7months. Pix by Nobody: 4:00pm On Jan 21, 2020
Nicklaus619:
Oop nah you cause am, you exposed them too. Much to people and he has become more friendly, he now understands the meaning of attention and he craves for peoples attention, your dog was suppose to be a guard dog but you didn't raise them well eventually.

Bellow is my samoyed, his. Name. Is chance, I wanted him to be a guard dog. And. I gave him that orientation from month 1 of his life, I isolated him from people, I don't. Allow him play. Outside his boundary is his cage and my house, since he don't know any. Other person, he don't. Allow anyone feed. Him expect me. Or my girlfriend, he started showing his aggressive side at age 3-4 now he is 9months old,
Ones. I turn out my security light at night, that's his cue to bark and chase at any thing that comes close to my house..
Dude is too aggressive unlike his parents and siblings

This is what you should do

Isolate them and don't allow people close to them, don't let people feed him but you alone. Release him at night in the. Compound, now it's a trick of reformatting his mindset
Don't pet him always as you use to, he. Still thinks he is a Puppy and that's why he still behave like one

Continue like this for the next two months and see him bring out the. MOnster in him

Cheers cool
Samoyed, a guard dog? Lol no be to kick am enter Bush if e overdo cheesy

4 Likes

Re: Help! My 7mnths Boerboel Dogs Still Playing With Strangers At 7months. Pix by IamAnderson(m): 4:03pm On Jan 21, 2020
AwkaetitiBabe:
Chop of their tails
that's a very wrong an ignorant idea. it makes 0 sense
Re: Help! My 7mnths Boerboel Dogs Still Playing With Strangers At 7months. Pix by Nobody: 4:04pm On Jan 21, 2020
IamAnderson:

that's a very wrong an ignorant idea.
it makes 0 sense
Well, most of that kinda dog got no tail. Used to think thats their nature
Re: Help! My 7mnths Boerboel Dogs Still Playing With Strangers At 7months. Pix by IamAnderson(m): 4:26pm On Jan 21, 2020
AwkaetitiBabe:
Well, most of that kinda dog got no tail. Used to think thats their nature
tail cropping doesn't make dogs aggressive, it's just done for aesthetic reasons same with ear cropping.
a lot of mastiffs still have their tails and are still the same, saying cutting a dog's tail at puppyhood will make it aggressive is like saying circumcision made you aggressive or had any effect on your character as a an adult.

besides, if you cut the tail of a 7 month old dog, if the dog survives(at that age the tail bone is already strong so it's like cutting off a limb from the dog, it'll cause extreme pain and sometimes death) it has more probability of turning the dog into a coward.
puppies don't react well to pain

2 Likes

Re: Help! My 7mnths Boerboel Dogs Still Playing With Strangers At 7months. Pix by Nicklaus619(m): 4:28pm On Jan 21, 2020
AwkaetitiBabe:
Samoyed, a guard dog? Lol no be to kick am enter Bush if e overdo cheesy

Unti you see mine you will think others wise
Mine is growing more than an average samoyed,
Last week my samoyed whopped a giant German Shepard ass
Beat that cool
Re: Help! My 7mnths Boerboel Dogs Still Playing With Strangers At 7months. Pix by Nicklaus619(m): 4:32pm On Jan 21, 2020
IamAnderson:

also wrong, not petting your dog doesn't make it a guard dog, even the most aggressive well trained dogs still have people that pet them and give them treats.
my dog loves being petted and he loves belly rubs but god help you you enter our compound. it takes a second for him to switch to his vicious nature.
if you train your dogs well they will become guard dogs, not petting your dog is just unnecessary and it also leads to lack of bonding

Sure I pet my dog silly
But he also know that everything has got time so when ayam serious and not in the mood to pet he digs and when ayam in the mood he knows so I have trained him with such commands and he knows when to Flip the aggressive button and when not to
Op pet his dog silly and so he still thought he is a pup
Re: Help! My 7mnths Boerboel Dogs Still Playing With Strangers At 7months. Pix by gr8keeng: 4:33pm On Jan 21, 2020
Bro, you were lucky you sold the dog, mine was stolen before I came back from work back in 2010. My neighbors said they saw someone put the dog for neck carry comot.... So i begin wonder, how dem go steal dog wey me buy for protection?..... I nor even bother myself looking for the dog, I was even happy it was stolen cos I been dey get false impression say I was well protected not knowing say nah me dey even protect the fool.
Sabby1:

True talk. I once had a dog like that. I angrily sold the dog to 404 butchers

7 Likes

Re: Help! My 7mnths Boerboel Dogs Still Playing With Strangers At 7months. Pix by IamAnderson(m): 4:34pm On Jan 21, 2020
Nicklaus619:

Beat that cool
don't rejoice yet, did you ask the age of the gsd and was the gsd ready to fight your dog?
if you put your dog against an adult gsd that is ready to fight, the gsd will eat your dog and drink water after.
don't pit your dog against bigger stronger dogs please, it's not going to be funny if it gets mauled, Samoyed dogs aren't strong, be careful the kind of dogs you let your dog challenge.
now you're letting him run to fight dogs bigger than him he might try to challenge a Caucasian, rott or mastiff one day and that day you won't laugh

2 Likes

Re: Help! My 7mnths Boerboel Dogs Still Playing With Strangers At 7months. Pix by IamAnderson(m): 4:35pm On Jan 21, 2020
gr8keeng:
Bro, you were lucky you sold the dog, mine was stolen before I came back from work back in 2010. My neighbors said they saw someone put the dog for neck carry comot.... So i begin wonder, how dem go steal dog wey me buy for protection?..... I nor even bother myself looking for the dog, I was even happy it was stolen cos I been dey get false impression say I was well protected not knowing say nah me dey even protect the fool.
how old was the dog?
I'm very sure it's a puppy.
the way you guys rant when your puppies aren't aggressive somebody will think when you were that age you had any sense of security.
stop expecting adult reactions from puppies
Re: Help! My 7mnths Boerboel Dogs Still Playing With Strangers At 7months. Pix by Nobody: 4:36pm On Jan 21, 2020
Nicklaus619:

Beat that cool
Eheeeen! Oh samoyeds are bigger than lhasa. That gsd lazy sha

1 Like

Re: Help! My 7mnths Boerboel Dogs Still Playing With Strangers At 7months. Pix by Nobody: 4:37pm On Jan 21, 2020
IamAnderson:

tail cropping doesn't make dogs aggressive, it's just done for aesthetic reasons same with ear cropping.
a lot of mastiffs still have their tails and are still the same, saying cutting a dog's tail at puppyhood will make it aggressive is like saying circumcision made you aggressive or had any effect on your character as a an adult.

besides, if you cut the tail of a 7 month old dog, if the dog survives(at that age the tail bone is already strong so it's like cutting off a limb from the dog, it'll cause extreme pain and sometimes death) it has more probability of turning the dog into a coward.
puppies don't react well to pain
Noted. Thanks
Re: Help! My 7mnths Boerboel Dogs Still Playing With Strangers At 7months. Pix by Nicklaus619(m): 4:42pm On Jan 21, 2020
IamAnderson:

don't rejoice yet, did you ask the age of the gsd and was the gsd ready to fight your dog?
if you put your dog against an adult gsd that is ready to fight, the gsd will eat your dog and drink water after.
don't pit your dog against bigger stronger dogs please, it's not going to be funny if it gets mauled, Samoyed dogs aren't strong, be careful the kind of dogs you let your dog challenge.
now you're letting him run to fight dogs bigger than him he might try to challenge a Caucasian, rott or mastiff one day and that day you won't laugh

Sure
That's true
The thing is, he is a stubborn dude I couldn't even stop him any time he is ragging.
I will take note of this though thanks
Re: Help! My 7mnths Boerboel Dogs Still Playing With Strangers At 7months. Pix by IamAnderson(m): 4:50pm On Jan 21, 2020
op your dogs are still puppies, give them time to mature.
I'm also very sure they are not being mentally stimulated, engage them in play and games like tug of war and also exercise them, get a ball for them and let them be active, you'll start seeing the natural guard characteristics coming out with time.
don't just buy dogs and dump in the compound and expect them to be aggressive guard dogs, you also have to encourage them and keep them active and engaged so they'll mature in reasoning faster.
size doesn't equal maturity too, boerbels are huge dogs, a boerbel puppy can be bigger than an adult gsd but the adult gsd will be more mature in reasoning.

also some dogs take longer to become aggressive, there is no particular time for the genes to kick in, some start very young some start when they're older.
your dogs are still young at 7 months, you can check around nairaland you'll see similar threads to this and how they always testify that the dog picked up later.
there's still time, stop letting them play with strangers and they'll pick up, you don't need to beat them,cut their tails, put weed in their food, lock them up throughout e tc. most people commenting these things don't have dogs or any idea what they're saying, some just want to crack jokes.
don't go and ruin your dogs all in the name of making them aggressive.
get a trainer or do it the natural way

3 Likes

Re: Help! My 7mnths Boerboel Dogs Still Playing With Strangers At 7months. Pix by gr8keeng: 4:52pm On Jan 21, 2020
You started well but elfed up at the end... you should have stopped after asking how old was the dog..... the dog was 4 years old dude. ..
IamAnderson:

how old was the dog?
I'm very sure it's a puppy.
the way you guys rant when your puppies aren't aggressive somebody will think when you were that age you had any sense of security.
stop expecting adult reactions from puppies
Re: Help! My 7mnths Boerboel Dogs Still Playing With Strangers At 7months. Pix by IamAnderson(m): 4:55pm On Jan 21, 2020
gr8keeng:
You started well but elfed up at the end... you should have stopped after asking how old was the dog..... the dog was 4 years old dude. ..
what breed?
Re: Help! My 7mnths Boerboel Dogs Still Playing With Strangers At 7months. Pix by gr8keeng: 4:56pm On Jan 21, 2020
mix of rott and german shepherd
IamAnderson:

what breed?
Re: Help! My 7mnths Boerboel Dogs Still Playing With Strangers At 7months. Pix by IamAnderson(m): 5:07pm On Jan 21, 2020
gr8keeng:
mix of rott and german shepherd
that's something about mixed dogs, a rott is a good guard breed, a gsd is a good guard breed but when you cross breed(this was in 2010 so I'm also guessing the parents weren't also very good stock), the character is unpredictable.
bro get a good dog, either rot or gsd or you can select any other guard breed, train the dog well and you'll get a bad a$$ guard dog wink
Re: Help! My 7mnths Boerboel Dogs Still Playing With Strangers At 7months. Pix by gr8keeng: 5:29pm On Jan 21, 2020
ha, of course. After that incident, I got 2 bullmastiffs and one rott, they are mad as hell but I had to give them out to a friend in 2012 when I wasn't gonna be around any more.
IamAnderson:

that's something about mixed dogs, a rott is a good guard breed, a gsd is a good guard breed but when you cross breed(this was in 2010 so I'm also guessing the parents weren't also very good stock), the character is unpredictable.
bro get a good dog, either rot or gsd or you can select any other guard breed, train the dog well and you'll get a bad a$$ guard dog wink

1 Like

Re: Help! My 7mnths Boerboel Dogs Still Playing With Strangers At 7months. Pix by Destined2win: 5:31pm On Jan 21, 2020
lordizak:
Look for a dog farm with harsh dogs, leave them there for a month... Or buy any small Mongrel that is harsh and they can learn. I have a Caucasian that runs from even rats and birds, my Xmas chicken beat am.
grin grin grin grin
Re: Help! My 7mnths Boerboel Dogs Still Playing With Strangers At 7months. Pix by kunlesmiles(m): 6:11pm On Jan 21, 2020
gr8keeng:
no kill person with laughter dis evening
Re: Help! My 7mnths Boerboel Dogs Still Playing With Strangers At 7months. Pix by 2RUTHHURTS(m): 6:51pm On Jan 21, 2020
IamAnderson:

I'm very sure this your dog is a puppy, you people expect dogs that have not even grown adult teeth to become guard dogs once their legs touch the ground.
he does not need to buy any mongrel to teach his dogs how to be aggressive or take his dogs to any dog farm.
they are freaking puppies, where you able to do anything at that age when you were a kid??
allow the dogs to grow naturally and stop being too demanding from a puppy
thanks much cool
Re: Help! My 7mnths Boerboel Dogs Still Playing With Strangers At 7months. Pix by Nobody: 6:53pm On Jan 21, 2020
2RUTHHURTS:
they have a cage and we are only two in the compound but even in the cage can't bark at strangers but bark at birds and even bark at my Gas cylinder last time I took it out for refill but not at people

Eeerrrhh..that your gas cylinder part, I think you should check the cylinder for leaks as dogs are known to hear high pitch sounds that we humans can't hear, which mice produce and may have though the gas cylinder to be a mice. So do the check.
Re: Help! My 7mnths Boerboel Dogs Still Playing With Strangers At 7months. Pix by IamAnderson(m): 7:51pm On Jan 21, 2020
gr8keeng:
ha, of course. After that incident, I got 2 bullmastiffs and one rott, they are mad as hell but I had to give them out to a friend in 2012 when I wasn't gonna be around any more.
that's better grin
one thing about mixed dogs is that they can be unpredictable, I've seen a pitbull/rott mix that the owner had to shoot because of over aggression I've seen a gsd/Caucasian mix that was sleeping and eating all day with no atom of aggression in its system no matter what was tried.
sometimes they come out well sha but not everyone is lucky.
Re: Help! My 7mnths Boerboel Dogs Still Playing With Strangers At 7months. Pix by IamAnderson(m): 7:54pm On Jan 21, 2020
Royal789:

Eeerrrhh..that your gas cylinder part, I think you should check the cylinder for leaks as dogs are known to hear high pitch sounds that we humans can't hear, which mice produce and may have though the gas cylinder to be a mice. So do the check.
I feel the dogs are just barking because of. confusion, my dog was doing so when he was a puppy too, when they see something they don't understand they bark.
he was doing the same thing with plastic chair, fan, cylinder, e.t.c if you're moving it he'll be barking at it and biting it, after a while he stopped as he got used to it

3 Likes

Re: Help! My 7mnths Boerboel Dogs Still Playing With Strangers At 7months. Pix by EricSmallz(m): 8:32pm On Jan 21, 2020
IamAnderson:

another wrong and stupid thing to do.

Are you now mad? I did that shiit to my local dog, I named it Valencia. I gave the dog on two occasions. It was the maddest dog in the neighbourhood. Only people in my compound were safe. And whatever I said, exactly that it would do. I lost my Valencia to one idiot that bought Benz GLK in my street. The idiot was saying I know nobody drives Benz slowly and all that. Feed those dogs with weeed once and if you dont get the desired result, I will answer to your call. I hate it when somebody talks foolishly about something he has no idea about. Make Ogun no kill you this night o
Re: Help! My 7mnths Boerboel Dogs Still Playing With Strangers At 7months. Pix by IamAnderson(m): 8:38pm On Jan 21, 2020
EricSmallz:

Are you now mad? I did that shiit to my local dog, I named it Valencia. I gave the dog on two occasions. It was the maddest dog in the neighbourhood. Only people in my compound were safe. And whatever I said, exactly that it would do. I lost my Valencia to one idiot that bought Benz GLK in my street. The idiot was saying I know nobody drives Benz slowly and all that. Feed those dogs with weeed once and if you dont get the desired result, I will answer to your call. I hate it when somebody talks foolishly about something he has no idea about. Make Ogun no kill you this night o
you know weed is harmful to dogs right?
and besides, what would you rather have, a trained security officer or a high security officer?
which one is a smarter thing to do?
why would you risk your dog's life just for it to be reckless?
a well trained security dog will still do the same thing even without drugs.
you see how it's stupid and wrong now?

2 Likes

Re: Help! My 7mnths Boerboel Dogs Still Playing With Strangers At 7months. Pix by EricSmallz(m): 8:41pm On Jan 21, 2020
IamAnderson:

and besides, what would you rather have, a trained security officer or a high security officer?
Weed is harmful to dogs? What's your authority on that? You classify weed as drugs too? Because it's illegal or what? It's clear that we are in different world. I take back all my comments thus far. You are a bit beyond foolish.
Re: Help! My 7mnths Boerboel Dogs Still Playing With Strangers At 7months. Pix by EricSmallz(m): 8:45pm On Jan 21, 2020
IamAnderson:

Ozuo, I can mention 30 Billion people who use weed and are 30 billion times better than you. Dey mumu there

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

But Is Bingo The Only Nigeria Breed Of Dog (pix) / Mmk Home Of Caucasian Shepherds / Rottweiler/boerboel Mix Puppies Available

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.