Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,979 members, 7,821,419 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 12:43 PM

Jesus Showed Unwillingness To Do His Mission - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Jesus Showed Unwillingness To Do His Mission (287 Views)

TB Joshua Showed That Ajoke Was Adopted, Not His Biological Daughter (Video) / It Is Finished (a Poem About Jesus And His Mission Of Salvation) / The Evil Mission Of Pastor Adeboye In Akwa Ibom State By Inibehe Effiong (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Jesus Showed Unwillingness To Do His Mission by AntiChristian: 11:18am On Jan 21, 2020
Prologue:
There was a meeting, a heavenly one where the Son agreed to go in to the world and die for their sins. Albeit, no one else was daring to do this! Not even the league of Elders. and the Spirit fit come die!

The following verses show that Jesus was not willing to fulfill this mission..

Matthew 26:39
'My Father, if it is possible, may this cup be taken away from me. Yet not as I will, but as you will'

Matthew 26:42
He went away a second time and prayed, 'My Father, if it is not possible for this cup to be taken away unless I drink it, may your will be done'

Mark 14:36
"'Abba, Father,' he said, 'everything is possible for you. Take this cup from me. Yet not what I will, but what you will"

Luke 22:41-42
'Father, if you are willing, take this cup from me; yet not my will, but yours be done'

Going a little farther, he fell with his face to the ground and prayed, "My Father, if it is possible, may this cup be taken from me. Yet not as I will, but as you will." Matthew 26:39

This shows that Jesus kept complaining to the Father; asking him to end the mission. Why would Jesus continue doing such a thing if he supposedly knew that his crucifixion should and was bound to happen? If he was a perfect role model, shouldn't he have been motivated to do God's will instead of being all depressed and hesitant about it?
Re: Jesus Showed Unwillingness To Do His Mission by MONIKERREVEALER: 6:21am On Feb 11, 2020
AntiChristian:
Prologue:
There was a meeting, a heavenly one where the Son agreed to go in to the world and die for their sins. Albeit, no one else was daring to do this! Not even the league of Elders. and the Spirit fit come die!

The following verses show that Jesus was not willing to fulfill this mission..

Matthew 26:39
'My Father, if it is possible, may this cup be taken away from me. Yet not as I will, but as you will'

Matthew 26:42
He went away a second time and prayed, 'My Father, if it is not possible for this cup to be taken away unless I drink it, may your will be done'

Mark 14:36
"'Abba, Father,' he said, 'everything is possible for you. Take this cup from me. Yet not what I will, but what you will"

Luke 22:41-42
'Father, if you are willing, take this cup from me; yet not my will, but yours be done'

Going a little farther, he fell with his face to the ground and prayed, "My Father, if it is possible, may this cup be taken from me. Yet not as I will, but as you will." Matthew 26:39

This shows that Jesus kept complaining to the Father; asking him to end the mission. Why would Jesus continue doing such a thing if he supposedly knew that his crucifixion should and was bound to happen? If he was a perfect role model, shouldn't he have been motivated to do God's will instead of being all depressed and hesitant about it?

In answer to your question, Jesus came to set the perfect example for we Christians just as Mohammed tried to set Allah's perfect example for the moslems

In pleading with God to take away the coming passion, Christ showed his followers that it is ok to be weak under pressure. The difference being that when we are weak, he is strong!!!

If he hadn't shown that weakness, a lot of Christians would have, over the ages, TOTALLY fallen away from the faith - citing that they had cracked at the crucial moment and hence betrayed Christ!!!

The devil is a liar and a schemer!!!

Even when Peter fell away, he was shepherded back to Christ because he realized that cracking under pressure is not the end of the Christian race!!!

God is merciful, good and just!!!

Repent and accept Christ the King in your life today and experience the peace of God which passeth ALL understanding!!! smiley
Re: Jesus Showed Unwillingness To Do His Mission by AntiChristian: 6:41am On Feb 11, 2020
MONIKERREVEALER:

In answer to your question, Jesus came to set the perfect example for we Christians just as Mohammed tried to set Allah's perfect example for the moslems

In pleading with God to take away the coming passion, Christ showed his followers that it is ok to be weak under pressure. The difference being that when we are weak, he is strong!!!

If he hadn't shown that weakness, a lot of Christians would have, over the ages, TOTALLY fallen away from the faith - citing that they had cracked at the crucial moment and hence betrayed Christ!!!

The devil is a liar and a schemer!!!

Even when Peter fell away, he was shepherded back to Christ because he realized that cracking under pressure is not the end of the Christian race!!!

God is merciful, good and just!!!

Repent and accept Christ the King in your life today and experience the peace of God which passeth ALL understanding!!! smiley

So you mean Jesus is God in human form right?

No wonder your God's prayer failed woefully!

All Christians are united in what they believe about Jesus (right?)

[Jesus said,] I pray also for those who will believe in me through their message, that all of them may be one. . . . I have given them the glory that you gave me, that they may be one as we are one—I in them and you in me— so that they may be brought to complete unity. (John 17:20–23)

Paul said:
I appeal to you . . . that all of you agree with one another in what you say and that there be no divisions among you, but that you be perfectly united in mind and thought.(1 Corinthians 1:10)

That’s a nice thought, but has any prayer failed more spectacularly? Christianity is more than just Roman Catholics and Baptists and Methodists, Presbyterian, 7days Adventists, Anglican, Redeem and maybe a few more—there are now 45,000 denominations, and Christianity is fragmenting at a rate of two new denominations per day.

Has any prayer failed more spectacularly? Jesus said ask and you shall be given Mathew 7.

But here Jesus prayed and Paul advised but all were null and voided!
Re: Jesus Showed Unwillingness To Do His Mission by MONIKERREVEALER: 10:23am On Feb 11, 2020
AntiChristian:

So you mean Jesus is God in human form right?

No wonder your God's prayer failed woefully!

All Christians are united in what they believe about Jesus (right?)

[Jesus said,] I pray also for those who will believe in me through their message, that all of them may be one. . . . I have given them the glory that you gave me, that they may be one as we are one—I in them and you in me— so that they may be brought to complete unity. (John 17:20–23)

Paul said:
I appeal to you . . . that all of you agree with one another in what you say and that there be no divisions among you, but that you be perfectly united in mind and thought.(1 Corinthians 1:10)

That’s a nice thought, but has any prayer failed more spectacularly? Christianity is more than just Roman Catholics and Baptists and Methodists, Presbyterian, 7days Adventists, Anglican, Redeem and maybe a few more—there are now 45,000 denominations, and Christianity is fragmenting at a rate of two new denominations per day.

Has any prayer failed more spectacularly? Jesus said ask and you shall be given Mathew 7.

But here Jesus prayed and Paul advised but all were null and voided!

Well, I can see your point there

The fact is that mankind is presently in a fallen state and, perhaps, that's why Christ is taking so long to get back

I am not going to be pompous and tell you that there are no divisions in Christianity, no way!!!

We Christians must do better than what we are presently doing and, if you study modern Christian ministers of the gospel in the western world, you will discover that the unity in mind and message is almost complete!!!its usually when you come to the so-called "third world countries" that you begin to observe discernable schisms which I personally attribute to the battle for, due to lack of a better word, "tither market share"!!!

So, please don't let the mistakes of the modern Christians dissuade you from the salvation of your soul that can only be gifted you by Christ!!!

The biblical apostles NEVER had their own "churches" and never asked for tithes!!!

Christ and his teachings are ALL you need to follow and not what or how any Christian is living out his/her personal Christian life!!!

Welcome to Christianity my dear brother!!! wink smiley smiley
Re: Jesus Showed Unwillingness To Do His Mission by AntiChristian: 10:37am On Feb 11, 2020
MONIKERREVEALER:

Well, I can see your point there

The fact is that mankind is presently in a fallen state and, perhaps, that's why Christ is taking so long to get back

I am not going to be pompous and tell you that there are no divisions in Christianity, no way!!!

We Christians must do better than what we are presently doing and, if you study modern Christian ministers of the gospel in the western world, you will discover that the unity in mind and message is almost complete!!!its usually when you come to the so-called "third world countries" that you begin to observe discernable schisms which I personally attribute to the battle for, due to lack of a better word, "tither market share"!!!

So, please don't let the mistakes of the modern Christians dissuade you from the salvation of your soul that can only be gifted you by Christ!!!

The biblical apostles NEVER had their own "churches" and never asked for tithes!!!

Christ and his teachings are ALL you need to follow and not what or how any Christian is living out his/her personal Christian life!!!

Welcome to Christianity my dear brother!!! wink smiley smiley

grin
Who be your dear brother?

If your Lord Jesus' prayer can fail spectacularly, what's the essence of ask and you shall be given? Na everythn you ask you dey get? abeg let me be!

(1) (Reply)

Amotekun Is Another Terrorists Group In Disguise – Primate Ayodele Warns / Satan’s Strongholds / Can A Man Of God Explain This ... Between Satan And Jesus Christ

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.