Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,148 members, 7,811,252 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 07:36 AM

9 Imo State Assembly Lawmakers Defect To APC - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 9 Imo State Assembly Lawmakers Defect To APC (45747 Views)

Rivers Assembly: All 27 pro-Wike Lawmakers Defect To APC, Wave Flags / 6 APGA Lawmakers Defect To APC (Photo) / Okorocha’s Aides, Imo Lawmakers Defect To DPP (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 9 Imo State Assembly Lawmakers Defect To APC by Basher8583: 5:04pm On Jan 21, 2020
Nairaland is PDP. PDP is Nairaland.
See anger and gnashing of teeth as post just dey scanty. Never even enter 5 pages yet. But you see them viewing
Re: 9 Imo State Assembly Lawmakers Defect To APC by Zionman24: 5:05pm On Jan 21, 2020
Wow, who knows what future holds for anyone. Tomorrow, Ihedioha might rise again, maybe to a more higher office than this. every single one of this names I believe will come to mind. Fingers crossed!!!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 9 Imo State Assembly Lawmakers Defect To APC by Kunlexity(m): 5:05pm On Jan 21, 2020
This type of shit happens in a country where there's no political ideology.... Kill yourself for Naija politician at your own peril.
Re: 9 Imo State Assembly Lawmakers Defect To APC by erospecial: 5:06pm On Jan 21, 2020
The arewa islamists understand the mentality of Imo State people hence the only state they've chosen to explore their agenda in biafra territory.
Re: 9 Imo State Assembly Lawmakers Defect To APC by napoleon77(m): 5:08pm On Jan 21, 2020
The Supreme Court didn't order the defections. WE need to blame ourselves
Re: 9 Imo State Assembly Lawmakers Defect To APC by AkumTemi: 5:12pm On Jan 21, 2020
Food is ready politicians
Re: 9 Imo State Assembly Lawmakers Defect To APC by ud4u: 5:19pm On Jan 21, 2020
Cosmore9:
Unsurprisingly, this is how the game is played in my dear country.
The party of the incumbent governor determines who owns and controls the majority members of the parliament.

This is always the case, not surprised.

Nigeria politics
Re: 9 Imo State Assembly Lawmakers Defect To APC by chriscrosss(m): 5:25pm On Jan 21, 2020
This Nigeria politicians are just toooooooo childish...ole, thieves ...they have nothing to offer, I will keep saying it.. Nothing.. Wen is not sweet, they defect..they just don't wanna suffer at allll...wen to wen , forming loyalist to PDP, now defecting to APC now now... Shake my head, if you see a yahoo boy and politician, arrest politician first.. Nothing to offer, empty heads... They no nothing...
Re: 9 Imo State Assembly Lawmakers Defect To APC by Nobody: 5:26pm On Jan 21, 2020
Cosmore9:
The party of the incumbent governor determines who owns and controls the majority members of the parliament.

Also, the Executive arm of the government funds the Legislative arm. So, it's expected that some members of the legislature will decamp (fall in line) to the party of the Chief Executive Officer of the state.
Re: 9 Imo State Assembly Lawmakers Defect To APC by Positiveminds(m): 5:29pm On Jan 21, 2020
Those are all useless politicians. They are selfish, no interest of the populace at heart and all lack party ideology. This is why our democracy will never grow. Idiots!

1 Like

Re: 9 Imo State Assembly Lawmakers Defect To APC by Brunicekid(m): 5:31pm On Jan 21, 2020
Cosmore9:
...Which is a bad politics i must say. In America, Parliament majority members are Democrats, whereas the President is a Republican. Differences in party, in my opinion, allows for an effective checks and balances.
Re: 9 Imo State Assembly Lawmakers Defect To APC by blasted12: 5:37pm On Jan 21, 2020
Fianze93:

Say what you like. But please, call us what we are.

We are not Ibos!
We are Ndị Igbo,
If you must anglicise it, just say 'the Igbo'.

Thank you

Ibo is the English word for Igbo. So while speaking English we use ibo

1 Like

Re: 9 Imo State Assembly Lawmakers Defect To APC by Akpuoru: 5:38pm On Jan 21, 2020
More will follow
Re: 9 Imo State Assembly Lawmakers Defect To APC by Kennyswag: 5:40pm On Jan 21, 2020
Angelfrost:
These are the set of people that want to rule Nigeria... The set of people who claim they will do wonders when or if sovereign... What a joke!!! People that can neither be loyal to their party nor constituency.

Imo state, behold the set of people you call leaders, and entrusted with your mandates!!!... Tueh!!! tongue
i thought you were igbo
Re: 9 Imo State Assembly Lawmakers Defect To APC by misterjosh(m): 5:47pm On Jan 21, 2020
Shameless bunch, political brostitutes
Re: 9 Imo State Assembly Lawmakers Defect To APC by TemmyT002(m): 5:50pm On Jan 21, 2020
Probably spies
Re: 9 Imo State Assembly Lawmakers Defect To APC by stickle(m): 5:51pm On Jan 21, 2020
Blue3k:
Can someone explain the benefit of decamping to me. I dont see why they should if they won their elections. They can always work with the governor even being in different parties. Any political gridlock should be minor depending on the issue. Shouldn't they be affraid when re-elections come up knowing they turned their backs on their constituents.
Your thinking will work in a sane society. Ours is not, don't get things mixed up. Nigeria is anything but a country.
Other parties only won that much because the former governor was against his party, mind you, it has nothing to do with performance; kogi comes to mind.
Re: 9 Imo State Assembly Lawmakers Defect To APC by NaijadrivaCars: 5:53pm On Jan 21, 2020
Politicians jumping ship anyhow to fill their greedy pockets. Ndi ala
Re: 9 Imo State Assembly Lawmakers Defect To APC by Irore: 5:58pm On Jan 21, 2020
DMerciful:
Nigeria is not a serious country!

I hope somebody is keeping record of these PDP-APC-PDC-APC people and the youths who want die for them. Youths be wise.

1 Like

Re: 9 Imo State Assembly Lawmakers Defect To APC by Angelfrost(m): 6:04pm On Jan 21, 2020
Kennyswag:
i thought you were igbo

I thought you already asked this question once or twice already, and I emphatically or pointedly responded in the negative...
Re: 9 Imo State Assembly Lawmakers Defect To APC by akdjr(m): 6:14pm On Jan 21, 2020
Expected
Re: 9 Imo State Assembly Lawmakers Defect To APC by Don27tiky(m): 6:15pm On Jan 21, 2020
Cosmore9:
not true. .. only those who don't understand politics play it that way.
Bauchi state apc dominated house even though the governor is pdp
Re: 9 Imo State Assembly Lawmakers Defect To APC by Fianze93(m): 6:20pm On Jan 21, 2020
blasted12:
Ibo is the English word for Igbo. So while speaking English we use ibo

What is the English word for Hausa, Yoruba or any other tribe in Nigeria?

Igbo is Igbo

Ibo is not who we are.
Re: 9 Imo State Assembly Lawmakers Defect To APC by alezzy13: 6:21pm On Jan 21, 2020
Zionman24:
Wow, who knows what future holds for anyone. Tomorrow, Ihedioha might rise again, maybe to a more higher office than this. every single one of this names I believe will come to mind. Fingers crossed!!!

I laff in Greek? Which names kwa??

This is the average Naija politician for you. Bele first. Ihedioha become governor or even higher post tomorrow, those will jump ship before you blink. Worse is the receiving party will gladly accept them.
Re: 9 Imo State Assembly Lawmakers Defect To APC by kikake: 6:22pm On Jan 21, 2020
odiks:
Nine lawmakers of the Imo State House of Assembly, on Tuesday, defected to the All Progressives Congress from Peoples Democratic Party, All Progressives Grand Alliance, and Action Action.

The lawmakers who defected are Authur Egwim (Ideato North) from AA to APC; Chyna Iwuanyanwu(Nwangele), PDP; Chidiebere Ogbunikpa(Okigwe), PDP; Obinna Okwara(Nkwerre), AA; and Paul Emeziem (Onuimo) also from PDP to APC.

Others are Ekene Nnodimele (Orsu) from APGA to APC, Johnson Duru (Ideato South), AA; Ngozi Obiefule (Isu) AA; and Heclus Okorocha (Ohaji/Egbema) from PDP to APC.

The speaker, Collins Chiji, read their letters of defection on Tuesday.

The plenary is currently ongoing.

Details later…

https://punchng.com/breaking-nine-imo-lawmakers-defect-to-apc/

Once the gov gives these lawmakers SUVs and other perquisites, they will forget their roles.
They shall not even remember again that those they represent need basic social amenities like water supply, electricity and roads. Their people sink water boreholes, build their roads and drainage in private capacity. Next four years, Imo state still remains as it was, except for a few scratches of development in the state capital.

1 Like

Re: 9 Imo State Assembly Lawmakers Defect To APC by darqly(m): 6:22pm On Jan 21, 2020
The Nigerian politician is the benchmark for treachery and lowlife vermin. Is this politics or opportunism? How can you be elected on one party's ideology and then "decamp" overnight because you want to align with the centre? There has to be the provision that we can recall elected representatives that switch parties without consulting with their constituents who sent them there.
Re: 9 Imo State Assembly Lawmakers Defect To APC by klas(m): 6:25pm On Jan 21, 2020
oyinkel:
If the events leading to Biafra were to happen in our political climate of today, Ojukwu would have been betrayed for less than a morsel of bread.

The Northern have perfected the game of divide and rule since the beginning of our nationhood.

Why blame northerners instead of your state politicians that lack principle?

In Bauchi and Sokoto states, APC dominates the 2 houses of assembly but they have PDP governors.
Nobody decamped in the two states.

PDP has just been robbed in Imo, many are jumping ship within hours.

3 Likes

Re: 9 Imo State Assembly Lawmakers Defect To APC by alezzy13: 6:29pm On Jan 21, 2020
Halimvh:

Also, the Executive arm of the government funds the Legislative arm. So, it's expected that some members of the legislature will decamp (fall in line) to the party of the Chief Executive Officer of the state.

I don't think so. Whether opposition or not, they will get thier full funding. Remember the legislators must approve the budget B4 it becomes operational.

Like I said previously, the main reason for decamping is to curry favor from CEO, for instance in the award of juicy contracts where party members will be given priority. . .as well as other perks.
Re: 9 Imo State Assembly Lawmakers Defect To APC by kikake: 6:33pm On Jan 21, 2020
darqly:
The Nigerian politician is the benchmark for treachery and lowlife vermin. Is this politics or opportunism? How can you be elected on one party's ideology and then "decamp" overnight because you want to align with the centre? There has to be the provision that we can recall elected representatives that switch parties without consulting with their constituents who sent them there.

Imo state politicians after Mbakwe administration are treachery well defined.

They even cheat their villages. They all, past and present, rush to live in Owerri with their families, in Owerri where Mbakwe provided public water supply. Since 1999, Imo state politicians have not been able to replicate another of the most sustainable water supply system built by Mbakwe in Owerri. They couldn't even maintain the water supply system built by Mbakwe govt in Owerri, talk less, build the ones Mbakwe started and proposed in Okigwe and Orlu zones respectively.

2 Likes

Re: 9 Imo State Assembly Lawmakers Defect To APC by toprealman: 6:40pm On Jan 21, 2020
Uche Ogbuagu, much respect man!. A comedian with a difference.
Re: 9 Imo State Assembly Lawmakers Defect To APC by garfield1: 6:45pm On Jan 21, 2020
Up apc.pdp will die in imo.apc is taking over the east.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Photo Of Dino Melaye With Yvonne Nelson Got Fans Talking / Which Is The Best ENGLISH Speaking AFRICAN Country? / Atiku Pays Buhari A Courtesy Visit At Defence House (photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.