Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,120 members, 7,814,934 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 12:05 AM

Having Difficult Times Securing A Job, Or Need A Side Hustle? Check This Out! - Jobs/Vacancies (125) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Having Difficult Times Securing A Job, Or Need A Side Hustle? Check This Out! (307285 Views)

Lady Writes To Her “Brutal” Employer Shortly After Securing The Job (Photo) / "N300k Job Or I Won't Work" - Slay Queen, Chinny Okekki (Photos) / Help, Should I Accept The Condition Of 3 Months Probation For A New Job Or Not? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (122) (123) (124) (125) (126) (127) (128) ... (339) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Having Difficult Times Securing A Job, Or Need A Side Hustle? Check This Out! by Nobody: 10:52am On Apr 26, 2020
topeontop:

I will. I once sent them a message about questions like this. I was told that even though there's a minimum character for answers that will be provided, there are some cases whereby there are answers that won't meet up to the minimum criteria and still be awarded 4 or 5 so far it's detailed and correct. There's no way this question will meet up to the minimum character criteria.
You're right but I wonder how that question is categorised as college
Youngson88:
If u know the answer already, in such case, u can actually use some English words, like recall from the given example that a +...... the next set to take is.... and so on
Sure...
I already submitted my answer before I posted it here.
Re: Having Difficult Times Securing A Job, Or Need A Side Hustle? Check This Out! by Nobody: 10:52am On Apr 26, 2020
charlezs1:
Quick Idea: In subject areas where you majorly answer question, would you like questions assigned to you personally? Just one of the ideas
Who can explain this?

Why LatinHire sacked tutors and increased the number of questions on the content tool by 30%?
Are they being polite?

Initially they told us brainly will cut down the questions by half due to the impact of covic19, this was the reason they need to drop more tutors but they are now doing the direct opposite of what they said. They have sacked more tutors and added more questions for the remaining tutors.

I'm suspecting foul play unless anyone can come up with acceptable explanation.
Re: Having Difficult Times Securing A Job, Or Need A Side Hustle? Check This Out! by Samuelsegzy(m): 10:52am On Apr 26, 2020
topeontop:

Personally, this isn't a good idea. I've my top 2 subjects and I hardly solve other subjects unless there's scarcity of questions in my favourite subjects. Assigning questions to each tutor won't be fair in my opinion. There will be instances whereby some tutors will be assigned easy questions while some will be assigned tough questions.

Furthermore, someone who gets easy questions and solves all the questions might appear to you guys as a better tutor than the other person with tough questions. Make it a fair level playing ground for all just as it is presently. We know the time questions are updated so it's up to you to decide your fate.

Lastly, some people are really weird, selfish and corrupt. I wanted to solve a question today, I clicked and saw that someone had answered it by writing two sentences just to book space. I left that particular question. Imagine, the next 2 questions I clicked, this guy already booked space too. I think there should be a way to curtail this, it's really annoying now.

Wait o, after these guys book space. Do you still have access to answer that same question since two answers are allowed?
Re: Having Difficult Times Securing A Job, Or Need A Side Hustle? Check This Out! by Samuelsegzy(m): 10:56am On Apr 26, 2020
Youngson88:
If u know the answer already, in such case, u can actually use some English words, like recall from the given example that a +...... the next set to take is.... and so on

Yes, I agree with this. You base the answer upon words to elongate it. You can even explain what product means
Re: Having Difficult Times Securing A Job, Or Need A Side Hustle? Check This Out! by bunnae(f): 11:18am On Apr 26, 2020
Lanuel is always taking my questions from me. I don't know if he is here. I would start answering a question and by the time I submit, lanuel go don drop 1 sentence.
Re: Having Difficult Times Securing A Job, Or Need A Side Hustle? Check This Out! by topeontop(m): 11:22am On Apr 26, 2020
Samuelsegzy:

Wait o, after these guys book space. Do you still have access to answer that same question since two answers are allowed?
I'm referring to instances where the person that booked space is the first person and it wasn't showing as "currently taken". After clicking on the question and see that an answer has already been provided, I'll leave. I don't like providing second answers. The painful part is when you now see that the answer provided was to book space.
Re: Having Difficult Times Securing A Job, Or Need A Side Hustle? Check This Out! by barackodam: 11:26am On Apr 26, 2020
zerateck:

Best Idea. I already thought about this.

Perhaps, if you're truly an expert you should be able to solve any question assign to you in your area of expertise, not being selective. This will automatically get rid of booking and struggling for questions.

I once conducted an experiment on this; I booked 7 questions randomly and finally answered all after thorough research.

Moreover, this will get rid of laziness because tutors will be forced to research on the subject and provide answers.

Finally, tutors will not complain because they have 24hrs to research and provide answers in their spare time.

Thanks.
Cakephp tongue

Re: Having Difficult Times Securing A Job, Or Need A Side Hustle? Check This Out! by barackodam: 11:28am On Apr 26, 2020
zerateck:

Who can explain this?

Why LatinHire sacked tutors and increased the number of questions on the content tool by 30%?
Are they being polite?

Initially they told us brainly will cut down the questions by half due to the impact of covic19, this was the reason they need to drop more tutors but they are now doing the direct opposite of what they said. They have sacked more tutors and added more questions for the remaining tutors.

Says the person that books space. You think you have the moral right to ask this question? undecided
Re: Having Difficult Times Securing A Job, Or Need A Side Hustle? Check This Out! by barackodam: 11:31am On Apr 26, 2020
We were bitterly complaining about those who book space here 2 weeks ago, but then, we just like to "give Nigerians a bad name"

The time you're supposed to dedicate to doing good job, you dedicate it to beating, cheating, and maneuvering the system..

What a shame. How do we expect progress as a nation
Re: Having Difficult Times Securing A Job, Or Need A Side Hustle? Check This Out! by Nobody: 11:31am On Apr 26, 2020
barackodam:

E shock u grin
Re: Having Difficult Times Securing A Job, Or Need A Side Hustle? Check This Out! by AmKen(m): 11:37am On Apr 26, 2020
Why do people book space?
Re: Having Difficult Times Securing A Job, Or Need A Side Hustle? Check This Out! by efe21: 11:40am On Apr 26, 2020
Sometimes, the only blessing you need to count, is your heartbeat.

1 Like

Re: Having Difficult Times Securing A Job, Or Need A Side Hustle? Check This Out! by Nobody: 11:53am On Apr 26, 2020
efe21:
Sometimes, the only blessing you need to count, is your heartbeat.
Yessir

1 Like

Re: Having Difficult Times Securing A Job, Or Need A Side Hustle? Check This Out! by Nobody: 11:53am On Apr 26, 2020
barackodam:

Says the person that books space. You think you have the moral right to ask this question? undecided
There's no difference between a criminal and a detective.
Re: Having Difficult Times Securing A Job, Or Need A Side Hustle? Check This Out! by TheBlessedHero: 12:08pm On Apr 26, 2020
zerateck:

Who can explain this?

Are they being polite?

perhaps, they intend to solve the issue of "booking of spaces", with the hope that more questions available to tutors will reduce "mad rush" and it is more of the reason I thought one of the criteria they used in dropping some tutors is looking at the subject they majorly answer, then factor the daily limits required of them to drop people, and for some tutors that appeared not to have "area of expertise" they dropped them regardless of their HQRR...
Re: Having Difficult Times Securing A Job, Or Need A Side Hustle? Check This Out! by Ent3rpreneur(m): 12:16pm On Apr 26, 2020
Samuelsegzy:

Yes, I agree with this. You base the answer upon words to elongate it. You can even explain what product means

grin Guy, you Don off me
Re: Having Difficult Times Securing A Job, Or Need A Side Hustle? Check This Out! by TheBlessedHero: 12:27pm On Apr 26, 2020
topeontop:

Personally, this isn't a good idea. I've my top 2 subjects and I hardly solve other subjects unless there's scarcity of questions in my favourite subjects.

Assigning questions to each tutor won't be fair in my opinion. There will be instances whereby some tutors will be assigned easy questions while some will be assigned tough questions.

Furthermore, someone who gets easy questions and solves all the questions might appear to you guys as a better tutor than the other person with tough questions. Make it a fair level playing ground for all just as it is presently. We know the time questions are updated so it's up to you to decide your fate.

Well, I've thought about this too, but the law of average will surely catch up, a tutor can not be getting easy questions all the time, except if it is deliberate from the moderators, hence, if tutor A get "easy questions" for 3 days straight up, I can bet it, s/he won't get the "easy questions" the following days.
But then, again, if a tutor is an expert in a particular area, it'll just be only a matter of time, before that tutor solved his/her assigned questions.

The issue of "easy questions" is more like issue of "easy opponents" in football elimination round draws. Yet, a "lucky team" can only have luck for some fixtures, or even a tournament (which can be just a week maximum in this our case) but can be having luck all the time. This is why the "lucky team"'s win over a long period of time is always insignificant.

A " lucky tutor" getting "easy questions" can't sustain it for a longer period, except he's not really "lucky" nor getting "easy questions" but outrightly good.

But, i believe, they should look for number of ways to tackle it too.

Lastly, some people are really weird, selfish and corrupt. I wanted to solve a question today, I clicked and saw that someone had answered it by writing two sentences just to book space. I left that particular question. Imagine, the next 2 questions I clicked, this guy already booked space too. I think there should be a way to curtail this, it's really annoying now.

Lol, this is one of the many reasons, they are considering assigning questions for each tutor, so as to solve the issue of "mad rush" and "booking of spaces"
Re: Having Difficult Times Securing A Job, Or Need A Side Hustle? Check This Out! by TheBlessedHero: 12:37pm On Apr 26, 2020
AmKen:
Why do people book space?
People want to buy benz, Lol... The idea is, such tutor believe they can answer a question well, but the fear of providing second answer, in the process of typing the answer is what is making them to book space... i don't think some do book space though, most especially, those non 9ja guys, some of them just give short answers whenever they see fit, which sometimes makes me to wonder if the same questions in CT is also available to ordinary brainly users.
Re: Having Difficult Times Securing A Job, Or Need A Side Hustle? Check This Out! by barackodam: 12:50pm On Apr 26, 2020
zerateck:

There's no difference between a criminal and a detective.

One works for the law, the other breaks it
Re: Having Difficult Times Securing A Job, Or Need A Side Hustle? Check This Out! by sameereinstein(m): 2:34pm On Apr 26, 2020
charlezs1:
Quick Idea: In subject areas where you majorly answer question, would you like questions assigned to you personally? Just one of the ideas
If they can go through with this, it would be a great idea but subject to tutors having opportunity to refresh more questions daily.
1. It'll curtail the mad rush towards question which usually leads to booking of questions.
2. It'll give tutors more time to research and spend their day well according to the way they wish through proper planning.
3. And if every tutor is allotted 15 questions from 2-3 of their favourite subjects, this will go a long way at least, everyone will get a fair share of questions to answer at their own time.
Re: Having Difficult Times Securing A Job, Or Need A Side Hustle? Check This Out! by Nobody: 3:17pm On Apr 26, 2020
Supported.
Youngson88:
I don't support such, what if for example 20 questions where sent to you in your area of specialization and u can't answer them very well.

Like me i prefer accessing all subjects, cos it makes more sense, once u can't get an answer to a particular subject at that time, u can access other subjects very quickly and see easy questions, just to compliment the other subjects.

Please let's leave things the way they are.

Thank you.
Re: Having Difficult Times Securing A Job, Or Need A Side Hustle? Check This Out! by AududuNine11: 3:18pm On Apr 26, 2020
charlezs1:

First, and foremost, what problem are you guys trying to solve with this idea?
Re: Having Difficult Times Securing A Job, Or Need A Side Hustle? Check This Out! by AududuNine11: 3:26pm On Apr 26, 2020
We have several questions left unsolved in both content tool and QI.

Why are they still unsolved?

Someone said an expert should be able to answer any question assigned to him or her. There are questions on Maths, Engineering, English Language, Business, Social Studies begging for answers. Why are they left unsolved?

Besides, I really want to know what problem actually they want to solve with the idea of assigning questions personally to tutors. The "mad rush to answer"? The "booking of space palaver"? Is that the best solution to solving the menace? Or what problem actually do we want to solve?

Why is there a tab called "Fast answering" on the content tool?

2 Likes

Re: Having Difficult Times Securing A Job, Or Need A Side Hustle? Check This Out! by AududuNine11: 3:28pm On Apr 26, 2020
I hope say if after them proceed with the idea, una no go still come here come complain cha?

Any decision LatinHire or Brainly like make them make, local man is not perturbed.

1 Like

Re: Having Difficult Times Securing A Job, Or Need A Side Hustle? Check This Out! by Nobody: 3:29pm On Apr 26, 2020
The rate I'm seeing on Twitter is mind blowing #500 —$1
Re: Having Difficult Times Securing A Job, Or Need A Side Hustle? Check This Out! by chrisnando: 3:36pm On Apr 26, 2020
charlezs1:

I don't think this is a good idea.

1 Like

Re: Having Difficult Times Securing A Job, Or Need A Side Hustle? Check This Out! by AududuNine11: 3:41pm On Apr 26, 2020
For those who are fond of booking spaces, kindly check the week 15 report of all answers reviewed. Search for answer ID us10670547 ... Although the answer of this tutor was rated 4, the remark made by the moderator reads thus:
Gave a short answer first and later on edited the answer.

I really do not know how the moderator got to know... I can't say... But rest assured, brainly quality assurance team are intensely monitoring what goes on on the platform.

Just 2 days ago, a formal warning was sent to the email of someone I know against plagiarism activities that they''ve noticed in the past few weeks. From the info contained in the mail, it was stated that there is a special plagiarism team that do their own auditing to check for plagiarism, even after moderators have done their own review. You might succeed in any of your answer not being flagged for plagiarism by a moderator, but rest assured, you might not be lucky when the plagiarism team do their extensive checks.

Let's be guided. It is better to answer 100 questions correctly in a month without plagiarism than answer hundreds of questions and some of your answers are being flagged as plagiarism.

To those who are fond of giving short answers or just copying the question as explanation, keep it up. Those booking spaces, kontinu... Once brainly mark you down, e don red for you

A word is enough for the wise.

3 Likes

Re: Having Difficult Times Securing A Job, Or Need A Side Hustle? Check This Out! by Ent3rpreneur(m): 3:46pm On Apr 26, 2020
AududuNine11:
For those who are fond of booking spaces, kindly check the week 15 report of all answers reviewed. Search for answer ID [b]us10670547 ... Although the answer of this tutor was rated 4, the remark made by the moderator reads thus: [/b]

I really do not know how the moderator got to know... I can't say... But rest assured, brainly quality assurance team are intensely monitoring what goes on on the platform.

Please how can we do this?
Re: Having Difficult Times Securing A Job, Or Need A Side Hustle? Check This Out! by AududuNine11: 4:08pm On Apr 26, 2020
Ent3rpreneur:

Please how can we do this?
answer ID is in cell C1. Click the drop down, input "us10670547". Select "us10670547" .... Unselect "Select all"
Re: Having Difficult Times Securing A Job, Or Need A Side Hustle? Check This Out! by Nathphil(m): 4:14pm On Apr 26, 2020
zerateck:

Best Idea. I already thought about this.

Perhaps, if you're truly an expert you should be able to solve any question assign to you in your area of expertise, not being selective. This will automatically get rid of booking and struggling for questions.

I once conducted an experiment on this; I booked 7 questions randomly and finally answered all after thorough research.

Moreover, this will get rid of laziness because tutors will be forced to research on the subject and provide answers.

Finally, tutors will not complain because they have 24hrs to research and provide answers in their spare time.

Thanks.
Cakephp tongue
Well said. No matter what I do see a lot people cheat and book space, reporting them will do me no good. This probably is the best bet
Re: Having Difficult Times Securing A Job, Or Need A Side Hustle? Check This Out! by topeontop(m): 4:23pm On Apr 26, 2020
AududuNine11:
We have several questions left unsolved in both content tool and QI.

Why are they still unsolved?

Someone said an expert should be able to answer any question assigned to him or her. There are questions on Maths, Engineering, English Language, Business, Social Studies begging for answers. Why are they left unsolved?

Why is there a tab called "Fast answering" on the content tool?
I tire o. An expert should be able to solve every subject in his field, make den go solve am na. Apart from that, there are even some questions that are incorrect.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (122) (123) (124) (125) (126) (127) (128) ... (339) (Reply)

Invitation For Written Exams For Police ICT Professional Into Nigerian Police / N-Power Batch C1 & C2 - 2023 / Nigeria Civil Defence Corp Is Recruiting:

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.