Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,160 members, 7,815,045 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 05:55 AM

Why Yoruba Will Leave Nigeria By Bayo Oluwasanmi - Politics (11) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Why Yoruba Will Leave Nigeria By Bayo Oluwasanmi (49167 Views)

NNPC: Northern Nigeria Petroleum Company By Bayo Oluwasanmi - Sahara Reporters / Deacon Femi Adesina, A Shameless Sanballat By Bayo Oluwasanmi / 2023: Why Yoruba Will Produce President After Buhari – Clarke (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Yoruba Will Leave Nigeria By Bayo Oluwasanmi by seguno2: 1:34am On Jan 23, 2020
SLAP44:
What Ojukwu sat down and saw in 1966 is what some people are still climbing the skyscrapers at Broad Street to look for?

The one that pained me pass, was seeing an erudite professor at Law, a SAN and a respected pastor standing behind a person with zero educational value in a national election. It broke a lot of hearts. I started doubting the smartness they attribute to SW.

Even small Nnamdi Kanu saw this since 2013 and started screaming it, when we are sure you guys are serious and not a threat to get appeased with 2023 presidency, we will come out and support you.

Hmm
Now we are serious o, biko nu.
The bastards in our midst have been identified for needed action.
It is time to unite after the mutual mistrust of the past.

2 Likes

Re: Why Yoruba Will Leave Nigeria By Bayo Oluwasanmi by usebog: 2:28am On Jan 23, 2020
What a joke of a race
Re: Why Yoruba Will Leave Nigeria By Bayo Oluwasanmi by Nobody: 2:43am On Jan 23, 2020
iamforeveryoung:

You are right, Niger Delta will never follow Biafra, They are bunch of tribalistic people. The whole of Biafra land is not as big as Delta and Edo state put together. If you doubt me, check your map. Niger delta will happy go with southern Nigeria as a whole or we remain Niger Delta

Yea bro. My ex was from Niger Delta, Ibibio to be precise. Sweet girl. The Niger Deltans are completely different in character from the Ibos. She said many south-southerners do not exactly like the way most Nigerians lump them together with the Ibos. She practically told me they dont like the way if any yoruba just see any fair-skinned girl, they'll just call them "omo-ibo". Her dad too was from anang, and that part bore some of the brunt of the war when nothing really consine them.

My babe narrated some things from the south-south perspective thats when my notion about them modified and I saw the whole biafra thing from yet another angle. Fighting to secede now was different from then. For instance, I felt for them during the python dance and I sided with them than the govt of the day. But you see, that of 1967 was just of pure greed. People need to learn their history lessons o, if not you'll be brainwashed cos every tribe would always think they were right

I agree there are some south-southerners who subscribe to the idea of Biafra, but there are many more who don't. Not like they support Nigeria either. They just know the 2 are big dunces, and would prefer to identify on their own, or even form their own Niger Delta public.

But its funny that the people who own the real oil do not chest-beat or make too much noise. Honestly, all south-southerners I know do not make noise or boast at all. Ive had friends like Ene, Nyeneme, Ubok when growing up my childhood. The way these south-south people behave, they behave so humble, almost like they have nothing in Nigeria. Why the ones wey no get any single thing will just be constituting nuisance and making noise wherever they go, trying to force everybody to be aware of them. Who even send them?

If you guys align with them to break out from this contraption, they will likely dominate the south-southerners and completely hijack the project. In fact, it wont be long before one of the two of you wants to still break out from the newly broken out Biafra.

Im still of the belief that this domineering, proud and noisemaking tendencies of this tribe is what caused the mayhem back in South Africa. Yorubas may be good at eye service, they tolerate a whole lot of nonsense this brutish people bring along with them. They would owe landlord and still be running mouth against him? These guys are so rascal and noise-making. Honestly, I think if south south turned up their volume a bit, these noisemakers go mellow down small. Nonsense!

1 Like

Re: Why Yoruba Will Leave Nigeria By Bayo Oluwasanmi by ukahrawah: 2:45am On Jan 23, 2020
Once upon a time, there was a country known as Nigeria. A great country that was destroyed by corruption, tribalism, nepotism, religious fanaticism, hatred and malice. A country with strong potentials but governed by weak leaders.
Re: Why Yoruba Will Leave Nigeria By Bayo Oluwasanmi by es144000: 3:16am On Jan 23, 2020
SLAP44:
What Ojukwu sat down and saw in 1966 is what some people are still climbing the skyscrapers at Broad Street to look for?

The one that pained me pass, was seeing an erudite professor at Law, a SAN and a respected pastor standing behind a person with zero educational value in a national election. It broke a lot of hearts. I started doubting the smartness they attribute to SW.

Even small Nnamdi Kanu saw this since 2013 and started screaming it, when we are sure you guys are serious and not a threat to get appeased with 2023 presidency, we will come out and support you.

definetly an igbo person who wrote this.The Biafra had a reason to leave in 1967,the question I will ask you biafrans, why did you capture midwest, get to Ore and force the Rivers , cross riverians to your side without their consent?If you people had gone on your own, no one would have bothered.
Re: Why Yoruba Will Leave Nigeria By Bayo Oluwasanmi by dragunov: 3:28am On Jan 23, 2020
Dereformer:
Yoruba people, una good morning ooooooo.

It took you over 50 years to see what the Igbos saw in 1967.

You see why Igbos are naturally ahead of you.

Oga Nnamdi, the Yoruba leadership in the embodiment of Awolowo had seen this before Ojukwu ever caught a glimpse. It was Azikiwe who refused to cooperate when approached by the late Sage. It was Zik who would rather frolic with the Fulani in the embodiment of Balewa and Bello simply because he wanted to be a ceremonial president.

Balewa and Akintola imprisoned Awolowo. When they were both taken out by Nzegwu and Co. Ironsi hijacked the coup and still refused to free Awolowo until he got killed by Northerners. It was Gowon who finally freed him.

Ibos never cooperated with the Yoruba from the outset until circumstances forced them to realize their mistake.

2 Likes

Re: Why Yoruba Will Leave Nigeria By Bayo Oluwasanmi by akigbemaru: 3:30am On Jan 23, 2020
Racoon:
We all makes mistakes but the ability to learn from it should help to better our existence.The Yoruba race is blessed with many thoroughly educated intellectuals.

However, that many of them could demonized their fellow tribesmen over the choice of a well known catastrophe Nigeria have a president today tells that educational sophistication will never never translate to political sagacity.

Imagine VP Osinbajo/Fashola saying "vote APC to get the presidency in 2023" not minding the events between 2015 till date.A whole educated SAN VP reduced by the northern cabal to doing tradermoni errands with a near-fatal chopper crash? Chai!
Re: Why Yoruba Will Leave Nigeria By Bayo Oluwasanmi by knowledgeable: 3:51am On Jan 23, 2020
MONIKERREVEALER:
Bantudra/techdra/tsdarkside why are you not on this thread yet. Your "egbon", the afonjas, are about to secede from the zoo! Its time for you to "fight" them as you always "fight" we, the great igbos, to force them back to you zoogerians!!!

Hahahahahahahahaha!!!

Zoo must fall!!!

Hmmm..... Nnamdi Kanu is a wonder kid.

1 Like

Re: Why Yoruba Will Leave Nigeria By Bayo Oluwasanmi by bluke(m): 3:59am On Jan 23, 2020
SLAP44:

not when you are ready, but when you are called.
Re: Why Yoruba Will Leave Nigeria By Bayo Oluwasanmi by olmoRoc: 4:08am On Jan 23, 2020
story story, story
Re: Why Yoruba Will Leave Nigeria By Bayo Oluwasanmi by Shemadex(m): 5:25am On Jan 23, 2020
Dereformer:
Yoruba people, una good morning ooooooo.

It took you over 50 years to see what the Igbos saw in 1967.

You see why Igbos are naturally ahead of you.
how nd where is lik u don't kwn what u ar sayin who is Igbo beside Yoruba in all aspect
Re: Why Yoruba Will Leave Nigeria By Bayo Oluwasanmi by Malcolm123: 5:38am On Jan 23, 2020
whirlwind7:

Haba.
Bros use your sense naw. At least you suppose don reach the age where you fit add 1+1 to know the korrect answer.
Only reason Igbos voted for Atiku was because he stood a better chance of defeating buhari than the other contestants. Common sense should tell you that. It's not even because of Peter Obi.
If by now you still didn't know this, then obviously you're a Buharideen....those specie of subhumans that shutting down their brains is the first requirement prior to becoming a member.

As for asking why a tribe has enemy in the same country, that's a very silly question, really. It isn't unique to Nigeria or Igbos. It is a worldwide occurrence. You'd know this if you ever bothered to read books dealing with histories of human relations right from the stone age. But of course you don't read.
Your puerile post already exposed that fact.

u Neva really tall anything sensible

y will u pick 40-50% of a country population as unna enemy..all d tym north north north ?? u exempt unna kerosene sharing or wheel barrow distribution governors ..only to be blaming north alone ??

yet u ppl keep on flooding their major cities hatred is not a good thing .....weda atiku stand a chance or he no stand a chance ...the reality be say Igbo suffer inside sun to vote for a Fulani...dat iz all
Re: Why Yoruba Will Leave Nigeria By Bayo Oluwasanmi by Sokosuji: 6:14am On Jan 23, 2020
tsdarkside:

thunda scatter you their....!!
lol,..why evils bro?
Re: Why Yoruba Will Leave Nigeria By Bayo Oluwasanmi by larryking540: 6:29am On Jan 23, 2020
Zeesugar:

The VP is a man of great understanding.he doesn't reason the way you do

What is dis one saying ,do u have Sense at all
Re: Why Yoruba Will Leave Nigeria By Bayo Oluwasanmi by gozmok1(m): 6:33am On Jan 23, 2020
okefrancis:
All these na trash,we are one and no one leaves Nigeria for anything

osibanjo media Center

your daddy osibanjo is a house boy to cabals

He don't have a say in this government, so if he is sincere as a pastor, SAN and southerner i will advise him to resign as a protest.
Re: Why Yoruba Will Leave Nigeria By Bayo Oluwasanmi by seanwilliam(m): 6:34am On Jan 23, 2020
Racoon:
And he choose to deputized for an illiterate, divisive character, grossly incompetent and ethno-religious supremacist fella he is under today?
Like it you were given the opportunity, you no go take?
Re: Why Yoruba Will Leave Nigeria By Bayo Oluwasanmi by larryking540: 6:35am On Jan 23, 2020
Kalixx:

Yea bro. My ex was from Niger Delta, Ibibio to be precise. Sweet girl. The Niger Deltans are completely different in character from the Ibos. She said many south-southerners do not exactly like the way most Nigerians lump them together with the Ibos. She practically told me they dont like the way if any yoruba just see any fair-skinned girl, they'll just call them "omo-ibo". Her dad too was from anang, and that part bore some of the brunt of the war when nothing really consine them.

My babe narrated some things from the south-south perspective thats when my notion about them modified and I saw the whole biafra thing from yet another angle. Fighting to secede now was different from then. For instance, I felt for them during the python dance and I sided with them than the govt of the day. But you see, that of 1967 was just of pure greed. People need to learn their history lessons o, if not you'll be brainwashed cos every tribe would always think they were right

I agree there are some south-southerners who subscribe to the idea of Biafra, but there are many more who don't. Not like they support Nigeria either. They just know the 2 are big dunces, and would prefer to identify on their own, or even form their own Niger Delta public.

But its funny that the people who own the real oil do not chest-beat or make too much noise. Honestly, all south-southerners I know do not make noise or boast at all. Ive had friends like Ene, Nyeneme, Ubok when growing up my childhood. The way these south-south people behave, they behave so humble, almost like they have nothing in Nigeria. Why the ones wey no get any single thing will just be constituting nuisance and making noise wherever they go, trying to force everybody to be aware of them. Who even send them?

If you guys align with them to break out from this contraption, they will likely dominate the south-southerners and completely hijack the project. In fact, it wont be long before one of the two of you wants to still break out from the newly broken out Biafra.

Im still of the belief that this domineering, proud and noisemaking tendencies of this tribe is what caused the mayhem back in South Africa. Yorubas may be good at eye service, they tolerate a whole lot of nonsense this brutish people bring along with them. They would owe landlord and still be running mouth against him? These guys are so rascal and noise-making. Honestly, I think if south south turned up their volume a bit, these noisemakers go mellow down small. Nonsense!

Keep turning up volume,while the world keeps excelling in all ratification ,
U all lack love in Nigeria ,that is just the truth ,

Are u the first to have a mixed nation with different cultures,,
Re: Why Yoruba Will Leave Nigeria By Bayo Oluwasanmi by Nobody: 6:56am On Jan 23, 2020
Nigeriadondie:

Nnamdi Azikiwe’s view is not the view of the majority of the Igbos. Mind you Zik betrayed the Biafra cause. He wasn’t part of it

But Tinubu's view is the view of all Yoruba people?

Besides why was he spared during the coup? He was told there was going to be a bloody coup so he could travel out of the country at the time.
Re: Why Yoruba Will Leave Nigeria By Bayo Oluwasanmi by Neoteny(m): 7:04am On Jan 23, 2020
myobjective:

Hausanized people or Muslim northern minority that speaks Hausa as their first and only language, follow and protect Hausa political interest when in power and act just like every Hausa-Fulani of Northwest Nigeria

That's just dumb
Re: Why Yoruba Will Leave Nigeria By Bayo Oluwasanmi by wasuka14(m): 7:33am On Jan 23, 2020
What u don't know is that once Nigeria break No ibo man/woman will leave in Lagos or any Southwest states again. Or any part of the North for that matter.

SLAP44:

Re: Why Yoruba Will Leave Nigeria By Bayo Oluwasanmi by engrchykae(m): 7:37am On Jan 23, 2020
myobjective:

The Lagos port was built even before the birth of Nigeria, it was built before the North, South and the colony of Lagos was joined together. The south east is the poorest region in Nigeria, the only reason you wanted away in 1966 was because of the oil in the land of the minority group in the old eastern region.

The Calabar, Warri and Azumini all over shallow shore line that are highly silted, hence large port can't be build in these areas, reasons why the colonial masters and successful government of Fulani-Igbo government of first, second and third republic didn't not see as a priority to build new port in the old east despite Yoruba being in opposition.

Port and airport just don't develop a society, know how, hard work and creativity develop society, Igbo fixation with quick money is the reason why you all can't do without importing cheap substandard goods that can easily be produce locally here, thereby putting pressure on our foreign exchange earning. The ultimate parasite in Nigeria are the Igbos, reasons why you all can' do without the oil rich south-south.

In Nigeria today, the Hausa-Fulanis are great farmers, contributing the economic while the Yoruba dominate the skilled and organized private sector. What you see the supposed Igbos doing is retailing, selling substandard goods and engaging into criminal activities to make quick money
the Brit have been moving palm oil since the time of Jaja from Bonny to Liverpool.
Calabar and Bonny have been operational since lugard.even if there is large deposit of silt,it can be dredged.
Yoruba and distorted lies.
Emir sanusi rightly said that the Yoruba is the problem of Nigeria.
Re: Why Yoruba Will Leave Nigeria By Bayo Oluwasanmi by Nobody: 7:48am On Jan 23, 2020
Blackking98:

On behalf of the real Niger Deltans we reject you and donate you to the sokoto caliphate for this rubbish epistle. Why won't be interested in secession when we are being given only 13% of what God has blessed us with? I don't even want to talk about FG appointment and security parastatal in the country. Now to say Buhari has performed better than Jonathan then only the gods and ancestors of the Niger Delta will forgive you. Before 2015 who knew miyetti Allah?
When did they have a say? Wasn't yaradua Fulani too? Why wasn't he so myopic and nepotic like the dullard we have in aso rock rn. Has even one herdsman been arrested and confirmed persecuted? No reason am oboi, if you want to remain in Nigeria good, the day we declare Niger Delta republic we expect you to move your belongings to sokoto and remain there, traitors like you should follow suit. Let me put it across to you, the second best thing to do in this country is regionalization and restructuring, then the best thing that will ever happen is to dissolve this country into Niger Delta, Arewa,Biafra and middle belt republics. Don't preach rubbish unity to me, I am an ibibio man and before the arrival of the British and lugard my ancestors never knew anyone north of the river Niger and benue after the igbos and the binis, so why is it compulsory to remain in this contraption, secession is an option for the Niger Delta, if u don't like it relocate when the time comes. And let me add. No country in the world has over 200 ethnic groups and is split 50/50 across Muslim and Christian religion and has succeeded, Nigeria was destined to be in comatose, check around the world, the best countries are either United by ethnicity or religion, peep UK, USA, Canada, UAE,kwait,China, Japan, Brazil, Singapore,etc. They all have a majority religion of atleast 80% to gum different ethnicities together or they are made of atleast 60% of one dominant group. Nigeria is like a mosaic it can't reach those heights
Sadly this is true. We are too divided along political, religious, and cultural lines to ever reach the heights other nations are attaining.
The truth is we will continue going in circles until we do the needful which is secession at least. The earlier the better. We should stop waisting our times already and get done with it.
Re: Why Yoruba Will Leave Nigeria By Bayo Oluwasanmi by Blackking98(m): 7:58am On Jan 23, 2020
AquariusRising:

Brother. Thank you for this response. You said it better than I could ever have. If you ever find yourself in Port Harcourt, I would buy you a carton of chilled beer!
You're welcome bro
Re: Why Yoruba Will Leave Nigeria By Bayo Oluwasanmi by Blackking98(m): 8:00am On Jan 23, 2020
iRyan:

Sadly this is true. We are too divided along political, religious, and cultural lines to ever reach the heights other nations are attaining.
The truth is we will continue going in circles until we do the needful which is secession at least. The earlier the better. We should stop waisting our times already and get done with it.
It's the fact bro. That guy really annoyed with that statement
Re: Why Yoruba Will Leave Nigeria By Bayo Oluwasanmi by bigtt76(f): 8:16am On Jan 23, 2020
Leave for where naaa? Every small thing all tribe go wan break up..... abegi let them all gedifok off joooooor angry

meavox:

SOURCE:
http://saharareporters.com/2020/01/21/declaration-causes-why-yoruba-will-leave-nigeria-bayo-oluwasanmi
Re: Why Yoruba Will Leave Nigeria By Bayo Oluwasanmi by GEEBITE: 8:17am On Jan 23, 2020
Sorry wrong target. I am Yoruba to the core as in the real one from the source of that name.
Malcolm123:

U ppl claim north be unna enemy buh yet u keep flooding their major cities to do bizness .. y unna no fit stay for unna potopoto region ??
ingrate up and down .. nazo dem dey call Lagos no mans land .. as if Enugu na no man land also
Re: Why Yoruba Will Leave Nigeria By Bayo Oluwasanmi by holajeedayy: 8:23am On Jan 23, 2020
Lydia696:
Why keep on saying rubbish all the time, we are one Nigeria together let fight for the Peace of this country

which peace ...yoruba is tired and fulani is always giving reason for every one to go different way
Re: Why Yoruba Will Leave Nigeria By Bayo Oluwasanmi by Advancedman(m): 8:26am On Jan 23, 2020
SLAP44:

Hate child
Re: Why Yoruba Will Leave Nigeria By Bayo Oluwasanmi by Kaybaba5(m): 8:52am On Jan 23, 2020
KAHBOOM:
Lols..joker cheesy

Its like u want crocodile to smile on u?U want to black mail Nigeria with amotekun.Trouble makers

the battle line has been drawn, lets see who wins between amotekun and crocodile. if you know u know
Re: Why Yoruba Will Leave Nigeria By Bayo Oluwasanmi by vaca1: 8:56am On Jan 23, 2020
tartar9:

Another chance to chestbest
Don't be deceived, Yorubas are yet to see anything,they simply want an end to the insecurity in their region possed by herdsmen hence they provide the protection they feel the conventional security agencies are unable to provide while continuing their political alliance,or without turning the issue into a rally for hatred of the North like you guys do.They will win both ways,while you guys are yet to achieve none
Yorubas are easily the most rational tribe out there.
Exactly backstabbers. You guys are everywhere but nowhere
Re: Why Yoruba Will Leave Nigeria By Bayo Oluwasanmi by ledamaster(m): 9:05am On Jan 23, 2020
I have not seen a more stvpid people like the Ibos, just look at how they are playing into the hands of the Yoruba's. They are using your tribe well known susceptibility to achieve their presidencial aim and y all are dancing to their tone. If you cant see that no Yoruba wants out of Nigeria (at the moment) then you are very dumb. Next time they throw up this claim, just urge them to go ahead and leave the rest of us in peace. Yoruba's can never leave Nigeria unless everyone agrees, they simply using this method to tell the North its them thats holding Nigeria unity, and they can scatter it if not giving the presidency. Ndigbo should cheer them on but not insult the North cos its not your fight. Sha, stick to the program me, no one can blackmail Nigeria into having the presidency period. North Central, North East and South East has more right to the presidency then the South West. All this noise is for 2023.

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply)

IGP Egbetokun Withdraws Moblle Police Escorts From VIPs (see full list) / Drop Your Message of Commendation For President GEJ Here.. / The Man Who Made Nnamdi Kanu's Shoe In Aba (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 82
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.