Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,505 members, 7,819,829 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 01:56 AM

A Nairalander Experience With A Desperate Scammer - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / A Nairalander Experience With A Desperate Scammer (2527 Views)

This Is What A Desperate Single Lady Posted On A Facebook Group / A Nairalander's Experience Before Joining Ashawo Beer Parlour On Telegram / How I Taught A Desperate Yahoo Guy A Lesson He Will Never Forget (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

A Nairalander Experience With A Desperate Scammer by Timijo(m): 6:12am On Jan 22, 2020
Hello guys, I want to share my experience with you about a girl who was desperate to scam me. She claimed to reside in California, USA.

I met this lady online about two weeks ago and we had a lengthy discussion on the first day. She claimed that her ex-boyfriend broke her heart when he cheated on her and she needs someone to love her again. I logically sympathised with her because I knew she lied. The chat progressed and we talked about so many things like our families, hobbies, jobs, what you want in a relationship/marriage, future plans and many more. After this, she asked me to promise that I will not break her heart. So I played along and she promised to love me forever but I refused to be carried away.
When she thought that she had won my love and trust, she hit the target. This is what she said, "Baby, new phone on my mind." She asked me to buy her a new phone with the claim that her present phone is faulty. I told her that I don't have money for that now but she kept asking me when I am going to buy it. This girl is so smart. In fact, I called her a professional scammer. I ended the chat with her on the same day and deleted her.

But today she sent messages to me and as usual, I played along.
See the screenshots of our chats below.

1 Like

Re: A Nairalander Experience With A Desperate Scammer by Timijo(m): 6:16am On Jan 22, 2020
When I asked for a video call, she called but hid her face and refused to talk with the excuse that she could not hear me because of the faulty phone.

Re: A Nairalander Experience With A Desperate Scammer by Timijo(m): 6:20am On Jan 22, 2020
She changed her format when she noticed that I did not cooperate. She wanted to swindle me with her unrealistic coming. grin grin grin omg
Mind you, I am not in Nigeria.

Re: A Nairalander Experience With A Desperate Scammer by Timijo(m): 6:22am On Jan 22, 2020
The end. Oyinbo fe gba omo naija. She no dey fear face sha. grin grin grin

Re: A Nairalander Experience With A Desperate Scammer by Gucciboy1(m): 6:32am On Jan 22, 2020
It took you so long to realise that was a scam?

5 Likes

Re: A Nairalander Experience With A Desperate Scammer by Hypnotise: 6:33am On Jan 22, 2020
The rate at which people take up scheming and scamming has dramatically increased. It's too much abeg.
Re: A Nairalander Experience With A Desperate Scammer by Roadtoyesterday: 6:38am On Jan 22, 2020
The facts that he starts almost every sentence with "baby" irritates me alot

22 Likes 1 Share

Re: A Nairalander Experience With A Desperate Scammer by Timijo(m): 6:43am On Jan 22, 2020
Gucciboy1:
It took you so long to realise that was a scam?
No, not at all. I was just playing along.
Re: A Nairalander Experience With A Desperate Scammer by Azeh(m): 6:46am On Jan 22, 2020
Opor....she wan scam sharp Nigerian
Re: A Nairalander Experience With A Desperate Scammer by Timijo(m): 6:47am On Jan 22, 2020
Azeh:
Opor....she wan scam sharp Nigerian
Wahalai, she no dey fear face.

1 Like

Re: A Nairalander Experience With A Desperate Scammer by Oluwahelpme(m): 6:54am On Jan 22, 2020
That guy should be a Nigerian, not Oyinbo. Stop fooling around.

11 Likes

Re: A Nairalander Experience With A Desperate Scammer by Timijo(m): 7:03am On Jan 22, 2020
Oluwahelpme:
That guy should be a Nigerian, not Oyinbo. Stop fooling around.
And who told you I did not suspect that?
Re: A Nairalander Experience With A Desperate Scammer by Nobody: 10:08am On Jan 22, 2020
lol gee boys at work

2 Likes

Re: A Nairalander Experience With A Desperate Scammer by Giftyglam: 11:26am On Jan 22, 2020
The part where she said she couldn't even afford to repair her faulty phone got me...
Do people still play these games?
Re: A Nairalander Experience With A Desperate Scammer by Mobree: 12:05pm On Jan 22, 2020
Na wa ooo...
Re: A Nairalander Experience With A Desperate Scammer by Nobody: 12:10pm On Jan 22, 2020
Timijo:
When I asked for a video call, she called but hid her face and refused to talk with the excuse that she could not hear me because of the faulty phone.
Thats not a girl ........its local yahoo, i have cousemates that do that a lot,mind u they are guys like us.they can never engage in video call .lets be guided please.

1 Like

Re: A Nairalander Experience With A Desperate Scammer by Timijo(m): 12:18pm On Jan 22, 2020
25tolife:
Thats not a girl ........its local yahoo, i have cousemates that do that a lot,mind u they are guys like us.they can never engage in video call .lets be guided please.
I suspected that and that was why I asked for a video call to prove my suspicion.

1 Like

Re: A Nairalander Experience With A Desperate Scammer by Timijo(m): 12:19pm On Jan 22, 2020
Giftyglam:
The part where she said she couldn't even afford to repair her faulty phone got me...
Do people still play these games?
Na mumu she be nah
Re: A Nairalander Experience With A Desperate Scammer by okirewaju(f): 12:20pm On Jan 22, 2020
Lol

What's with the baby up and down undecided

2 Likes

Re: A Nairalander Experience With A Desperate Scammer by Bola146(f): 12:39pm On Jan 22, 2020
Lazy ladies everywhere sad
Re: A Nairalander Experience With A Desperate Scammer by Mcslize: 12:49pm On Jan 22, 2020
Timijo:
No, not at all. I was just playing along.

That's not a girl . Na Alaye be that. A guy like you. You supposed know.

1 Like

Re: A Nairalander Experience With A Desperate Scammer by MrCork: 12:55pm On Jan 22, 2020
Timijo:
Hello guys, I want to share my experience with you about a girl who was desperate to scam me. She claimed to reside in California, USA.

I met this lady online about two weeks ago and we had a lengthy discussion on the first day. She claimed that her ex-boyfriend broke her heart when he cheated on her and she needs someone to love her again. I logically sympathised with her because I knew she lied. The chat progressed and we talked about so many things like our families, hobbies, jobs, what you want in a relationship/marriage, future plans and many more. After this, she asked me to promise that I will not break her heart. So I played along and she promised to love me forever but I refused to be carried away.
When she thought that she had won my love and trust, she hit the target. This is what she said, "Baby, new phone on my mind." She asked me to buy her a new phone with the claim that her present phone is faulty. I told her that I don't have money for that now but she kept asking me when I am going to buy it. This girl is so smart. In fact, I called her a professional scammer. I ended the chat with her on the same day and deleted her.

But today she sent messages to me and as usual, I played along.
See the screenshots of our chats below.

who scam u?

...who scam u? Gina2019??
..I don't truss that chick....no body truss am!!
angry

2 Likes

Re: A Nairalander Experience With A Desperate Scammer by hushdaddy: 1:04pm On Jan 22, 2020
;DYou just dey shout say 'you are playing along', Alaye you fall in love in the beginning

1 Like

Re: A Nairalander Experience With A Desperate Scammer by Lamanii22(f): 1:05pm On Jan 22, 2020
She didn't even sound like someone that lives in banana island not to talk of California... People are really desperate... A scam that is saying she is not a scam...
Re: A Nairalander Experience With A Desperate Scammer by Gina2019(f): 1:10pm On Jan 22, 2020
MrCork:

who scam u?

...who scam u? Gina2019??
..I don't truss that chick....no body truss am!!
angry
Are you normal at all? Is something wrong with your brain?? Go for medical check up.

3 Likes

Re: A Nairalander Experience With A Desperate Scammer by MrCork: 1:17pm On Jan 22, 2020
Gina2019:
Are you normal at all? Is something wrong with your brain?? Go for medical check up.

angry
Re: A Nairalander Experience With A Desperate Scammer by Originalsly: 1:19pm On Jan 22, 2020
Hmmm.....$500 to fly from California to Naija.... witch airline?

2 Likes

Re: A Nairalander Experience With A Desperate Scammer by MrCork: 1:44pm On Jan 22, 2020
Gina2019:

..ok I apologice.. u not a full time gold digger..u r nice.

..timijo..please note,
.. Gina2019 is not really a gold digger...she a wifey materia..kinda .
angry
Re: A Nairalander Experience With A Desperate Scammer by Timijo(m): 2:34pm On Jan 22, 2020
Originalsly:
Hmmm.....$500 to fly from California to Naija.... witch airline?
I am not in naija.

1 Like

Re: A Nairalander Experience With A Desperate Scammer by Timijo(m): 2:36pm On Jan 22, 2020
Mcslize:

That's not a girl . Na Alaye be that. A guy like you. You supposed know.
I strongly perceived that but I wanted her to fool herself and enjoy the ride.
Re: A Nairalander Experience With A Desperate Scammer by Originalsly: 3:50pm On Jan 22, 2020
Timijo:

I am not in naija.

Ok... you did say so.
Re: A Nairalander Experience With A Desperate Scammer by skyhighweb(m): 4:01pm On Jan 22, 2020
the baby baby baby is too much

(1) (2) (Reply)

This Pastor Is Wanted For Murder And Ritual Killing / Video Of Ghanaian Female Soldier Ch£w!ng Her Boyfriend Hits Social Media / Debbie Is Too Shy But After I Knacked Her, The Shyness Disappeared

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.