Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,554 members, 7,819,968 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 07:43 AM

Birth Tourism: US Block Visas For Pregnant Women Visiting To Give Birth - Travel (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Birth Tourism: US Block Visas For Pregnant Women Visiting To Give Birth (75705 Views)

Post Brexit UK Visa/Job Policy: No Visas For Low-Skilled Workers / Saudi Arabia Shuns Nigeria, Okays Tourist Visas For 49 Countries / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Birth Tourism: US Block Visas For Pregnant Women Visiting To Give Birth by DexterousOne(m): 11:48pm On Jan 23, 2020
slyfoxxjoe:
Baba no vex but who will stay and develop this country, in fact what is the incentive to develop this country if the richest, most educated and most privileged of us can always run abroad for basic amenities that should be available here. Your own PRESIDENT goes to London for medical treatment. That is not laughable

I don’t think you understand how much this single factor contributes to the underdevelopment and outright degeneration of this country, if not you will be more angry than I am.

The reason why Nigeria is underdeveloped is two fold

1) Glorification of Mediocrity over Merit

2) Lack of long term thinking by majority of the population, coupled with widespread ignorance, the uneducated, and the miseducated

How do you explain to your kids that more people fought for Naira Marley release than Sowore and Jalingo release?

How will you explain to yourkids that Buhari with no certificate, became president over a people who are deluded to thik that they are an educated and sophisticated people

How do you explainto your kids when they are grown, done with college and cannot get jobs because they no get "connection"
Or that he cannot aspire to be president because of no other reason than he was born a son of a man (myself) who comes from the "wrong" ethnic group (Igbo) ?

We the educated, exposed and skilled are tired and fed up
That is why we are leaving

Last last
It's the UAE resident permit I will go and get
Then connect a Caribbean country for a second passport

Let Nigeria be ruined and despoiled by the MC Oluomos and Buhari and Mercy and Tacha and Naira Marley etc

A countty that is not serious

23 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Birth Tourism: US Block Visas For Pregnant Women Visiting To Give Birth by Nobody: 11:49pm On Jan 23, 2020
Yoighaman:
Must we migrate? Stay in Nigeria and make good money, then go visiting, that's one of the best life to live but many have been brainwashed.
Make good money and hide like a rat? Buy Gwagon and travel to your village with it without security and see if you'll come back in one piece.

10 Likes

Re: Birth Tourism: US Block Visas For Pregnant Women Visiting To Give Birth by Joshica: 11:49pm On Jan 23, 2020
AZeD1:

This rule doesn't affect the rich. With $500k you will get an investor visa.

Do you have $500k just asking

1 Like

Re: Birth Tourism: US Block Visas For Pregnant Women Visiting To Give Birth by cooltola(m): 11:52pm On Jan 23, 2020
DexterousOne:

Everywhere has pro andcons

But in Nigeria

The Cons far outweighs the pros

Just today

Owner of white house ; and that Oko Oloyun guy were killed gruesomely

This country is becoming something else

Na only God dey protect. Violence is not immune to anyplace. For the rich, try to remain simple as possible, no dey show off.

3 Likes

Re: Birth Tourism: US Block Visas For Pregnant Women Visiting To Give Birth by 1Sharon(f): 11:53pm On Jan 23, 2020
DexterousOne:

I'm telling you

I'm relatively well off

I'm still hustling to make more

But eventually I will leave this country
Because I gave had enough

I'm currently running express entry
If that one no get head

I'll just go and buy that 2 year Dubai/UAE residency and move
I have a few colleagues and acquaintances who have done this
Since you said you're well off..why not just stay? And only travel to visit

The well off can afford to make themselves comfortable

2 Likes

Re: Birth Tourism: US Block Visas For Pregnant Women Visiting To Give Birth by chukzyfcbb: 11:54pm On Jan 23, 2020
sassysure:

We are going to Canada, Brazil, Spain name them.
When one door closes, another open.

Haha , abi now

There must be a way, just secure the PALI is all that matters smiley

If Nigeria gets better it's a plus, if naija no better then carry the Pali and Jakpa!

6 Likes

Re: Birth Tourism: US Block Visas For Pregnant Women Visiting To Give Birth by puremaker7(m): 11:57pm On Jan 23, 2020
DexterousOne:

Everywhere has pro andcons

But in Nigeria

The Cons far outweighs the pros

Just today

Owner of white house ; and that Oko Oloyun guy were killed gruesomely

This country is becoming something else
forget that thing in as much as I cant dispute the fact that US is far better than nigeria... but I can also dispute that US is save when it comes to killing like that of Oko Oloyun.

1 Like

Re: Birth Tourism: US Block Visas For Pregnant Women Visiting To Give Birth by DexterousOne(m): 11:57pm On Jan 23, 2020
1Sharon:

Since you said you're well off..why not just stay? And only travel to visit

The well off can afford to make themselves comfortable

After two close shaves with the brothers from the underworld

And how a misdiagnosis almost took me out

No thanks

That xenophobic backlash incident we had in Lagos open my eyes to a lot of things

Nigeria is not a good place to live
Regardless of how much you make
No one can convince me otherwise

After what I have seen

Come and see management pilfering, stealing and killing companies that people worked hard to build

Make I No talk too much abeg
Nigeria is rotten

Thank God I have some loose change to finance whatever move I'll be making next

Most Nigerians are not that fortunate

8 Likes

Re: Birth Tourism: US Block Visas For Pregnant Women Visiting To Give Birth by DexterousOne(m): 11:59pm On Jan 23, 2020
puremaker7:
forget that thing in as much as I cant dispute the fact that US is far better than nigeria... but let me tell you US self is not save in terms of security they kill people any how in Us too with gun.

In the USA I'm allowed to carry gun to defend myself

So if someone shoots

I kill that motherfvcker

If someone burgles my house
Me and my family are welll armed to face them shot for shot, bullet for bullet.

Can we say same in Nigeria

Criminals hold arms freely
While those who told arms to defend themselves are arrested

6 Likes

Re: Birth Tourism: US Block Visas For Pregnant Women Visiting To Give Birth by DexterousOne(m): 12:02am On Jan 24, 2020
[/b][b]
cooltola:

Na only God dey protect. Violence is not immune to anyplace. For the rich, try to remain simple as possible, no dey show off.

The Nigerian definition of that is to look poor and miserable like the rest around you.

You cannot enjoy what you worked hard to have in peaceagain

11 Likes

Re: Birth Tourism: US Block Visas For Pregnant Women Visiting To Give Birth by DexterousOne(m): 12:03am On Jan 24, 2020
grossintel:
Make good money and hide like a rat? Buy Gwagon and travel to your village with it without security and see if you'll come back in one piece.

Don't mind them

5 Likes

Re: Birth Tourism: US Block Visas For Pregnant Women Visiting To Give Birth by 1Sharon(f): 12:03am On Jan 24, 2020
DexterousOne:

After two close shaves with the brothers from the underworld

And how a misdiagnosis almost took me out

No thanks

That xenophobic backlash incident we had in Lagos open my eyes to a lot of things

Nigeria is not a good place to live
Regardless of how much you make
No one can convince me otherwise

After what I have seen

Come and see management pilfering, stealing and killing companies that people worked hard to build

Make I No talk too much abeg
Nigeria is rotten

Thank God I have some loose change to finance whatever move I'll be making next

Most Nigerians are not that fortunate

Ok. But imagine if everyone had your mentally and jumped ship. Would nigerians have a place to call home?

This is why Africans aren't respected cos they jump ship alot.

4 Likes

Re: Birth Tourism: US Block Visas For Pregnant Women Visiting To Give Birth by Nobody: 12:04am On Jan 24, 2020
DexterousOne:

The reason why Nigeria is underdeveloped is two fold

1) Glorification of Mediocrity over Merit

2) Lack of long term thinking by majority of the population, coupled with widespread ignorance, the uneducated, and the miseducated

How do you explain to your kids that more people fought for Naira Marley release than Sowore and Jalingo release?

How will you explain to yourkids that Buhari with no certificate, became president over a people who are deluded to thik that they are an educated and sophisticated people

How do you explainto your kids when they are grown, done with college and cannot get jobs because they no get "connection"
Or that he cannot aspire to be president because of no other reason than he was born a son of a man (myself) who comes from the "wrong" ethnic group (Igbo) ?

We the educated, exposed and skilled are tired and fed up
That is why we are leaving

Last last
It's the UAE resident permit I will go and get
Then connect a Caribbean country for a second passport

Let Nigeria be ruined and despoiled by the MC Oluomos and Buhari and Mercy and Tacha and Naira Marley etc

A countty that is not serious
We are both saying the same thing you just don’t know it. From your post you sound like you agree that change is not the sole responsibility of the government but has to come from the people I.e from the bottom up.

I agree with this, Change will never come to Nigeria from our useless government and that’s why I say WE THE PEOPLE need to stop running away and stay here to fight and defeat the corrupt ruling class who have put us in this situation just like the American people fought to free themselves from British tyrannical rule. I wasn’t referring to the politicians in my post. I was referring to everyday citizens like you and I, especially those of us who are educated and privileged enough to have been abroad and seen how a functioning country should work.

I agree our youth are too distracted by nonsense like Naira Marleys demonic lyrics and Tachas ridiculous ass to even think of a revolution, we need serious reorientation, but that reorientation begins with us staying here to tackle the problems not keep running to America to save us. I hope you feel me?

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Birth Tourism: US Block Visas For Pregnant Women Visiting To Give Birth by puremaker7(m): 12:04am On Jan 24, 2020
DexterousOne:

In the USA I'm allowed to carry gun to defend myself

So if someone shoots

I kill that motherfvcker

If someone burgles my house
Me and my family are welll armed to face them shot for shot, bullet for bullet.

Can we say same in Nigeria

Criminals hold arms freely
While those who told arms to defend themselves are arrested
but to be honest, if I have 500K USD I will leave this country for good

2 Likes

Re: Birth Tourism: US Block Visas For Pregnant Women Visiting To Give Birth by Gerrard59(m): 12:05am On Jan 24, 2020
ncoolsome:

$500k just to give birth in another mans country is now change abi...investor ko inverter no..

Actually, it is now $1M and it confers an investor's visa on the individual and if all rights are fulfilled, the said investor gets PR aka Green Card and eventual citizenship (takes circa 5 years plus). The citizenship isn't automatic as the citizenship by birth.

3 Likes

Re: Birth Tourism: US Block Visas For Pregnant Women Visiting To Give Birth by tunashg: 12:12am On Jan 24, 2020
Lol...na red flag for slay Mama's wey dey find express citizenship for Dem unborn pikin grin grin

3 Likes

Re: Birth Tourism: US Block Visas For Pregnant Women Visiting To Give Birth by Chaleeee: 12:14am On Jan 24, 2020
Jubal01:
This is a good development. Let everybody stay and develop his/her country. Enough of this shameful acts by the thieves we have call leaders.

This Crab Mentality is why Nigeria will never develop in your life time.

1 Like

Re: Birth Tourism: US Block Visas For Pregnant Women Visiting To Give Birth by AreaFada2: 12:15am On Jan 24, 2020
datola:
Shameless people running to other people's land, abandoning their God's given land to spoil.

Trump should ban all the politicians and their families from travelling to the US for any reason.

Sadly those politicians' kids probably have green cards or passports already. Most have sorted themselves and future generations long ago.

But still God pass them.

3 Likes

Re: Birth Tourism: US Block Visas For Pregnant Women Visiting To Give Birth by EgunMogaji2: 12:15am On Jan 24, 2020
AnanseK:
A very good move. I wonder why a foreigner delivering his foreign child in America should automatically give the children citizenship.
A good move to stop the birth tourism but not enough.
There should be legislation in America to rule that all children born in America have the citizenship of their parents countries. So the baby is American only if the parent was already an American citizen. That makes sense.

The new rule actually helps me financially. Sweet.
Re: Birth Tourism: US Block Visas For Pregnant Women Visiting To Give Birth by cococandy(f): 12:17am On Jan 24, 2020
All the Trump supporters....How far? grin

6 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Birth Tourism: US Block Visas For Pregnant Women Visiting To Give Birth by cococandy(f): 12:18am On Jan 24, 2020
AnanseK:
A very good move. I wonder why a foreigner delivering his foreign child in America should automatically give the children citizenship.
A good move to stop the birth tourism but not enough.
There should be legislation in America to rule that all children born in America have the citizenship of their parents countries. So the baby is American only if the parent was already an American citizen. That makes sense.

Jealousy grin

3 Likes

Re: Birth Tourism: US Block Visas For Pregnant Women Visiting To Give Birth by Gerrard59(m): 12:19am On Jan 24, 2020
From responses here, Nigeria's "lower class" are elated by this development and why should they not be? The contract worker in your bank's branch will never get to give birth or sponsor his wife to do same in the US; the dude doing his ND has resigned his fate about such privilege; the lass who struggles to fend for herself never imagine doing same and lots more in Watt Market, Ladipo, Gboko, Offa etc. They are happy with this development because even when the law was there, they never benefitted. So is it now it has been restricted that they would be worried? Ta! The persons who are worried about this are your upper middle class in Lekki, VI, Maitama, Ikoyi, Ikeja GRA, PH GRA etc. who believe their children lose out of a powerful passport which confer on them unfettered access to some of the world's best institutions at affordable rates and ease of entry at different POE stations globally. It is the middle class families who are in Yaba, Surulere, Ibadan, PH etc. who are worried that since they cannot afford $1M for investor's visa or even that of countries in the Caribbean region ($100K+) citizenship by investment, the citizenship by birth can afford their children (not them as parents) same opportunities as those in Lekki and Co.

However, these elites and upper middle class folks are in the minority or are basically infinitesimal in the scheme of things as the vast majority of Nigerians are poor. Those in the lower strata of the society won't feel concerned for the Ikoyi folks because these Maitama individuals didn't and don't feel concerned for the struggles of persons in my first sentence pass through. Which brings to the reality that Nigeria has to be developed and only the upper/middle class individuals can push for such development. But then, these Yaba, Ewet Housing, Ikoyi folks will simply move to Canada, Mexico, Brazil and other countries that offer citizenship by birth. After all, when the UK stopped post school visa, they moved to Germany and currently Canada.

In summary, the vast vast majority of Nigerians will be ecstatic with this news because it doesn't affect them in anyway let alone negatively. Call it schadenfreude, you won't be wrong.

21 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Birth Tourism: US Block Visas For Pregnant Women Visiting To Give Birth by Beautyaddy: 12:20am On Jan 24, 2020
EgunMogaji2:

The new rule actually helps me financially. Sweet.

Huh cheesy

And how's that? cheesy
Re: Birth Tourism: US Block Visas For Pregnant Women Visiting To Give Birth by Gerrard59(m): 12:29am On Jan 24, 2020
cococandy:
All the Trump supporters....How far? grin

The vast majority of Trump's supporters in Nigeria will never get the opportunity to study in the US or sponsor their wives to procreate there. The Nigerians who don't support his immigration policies are those with a chance or can actually move to the US via studies, business or for whatever reason. I support Republican-like capitalism but wish Trump loses the election because of his immigration policies.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Birth Tourism: US Block Visas For Pregnant Women Visiting To Give Birth by nairalanduseles: 12:33am On Jan 24, 2020
Goalgetterz:
Not now naa. Well Canada and Australia dey, I dey fit give allow my kids not to have citizenship of a sane and secure country where human life is valued.. Them not fit suffer this nonsense wey I suffered here.

Australia don't give automatic citizenship to foreigners who have thier kids there

5 Likes

Re: Birth Tourism: US Block Visas For Pregnant Women Visiting To Give Birth by magicminister: 12:35am On Jan 24, 2020
The comments I read on this thread reenforces the reason why I hate poor people. You see, everyone that celebrated this new rule only did so NOT BECAUSE IT AFFECTS ME THEM, but because IT AFFECTS SOMEONE ELSE THAT THEY THEH PERCEIVE TO BE DOING BETTER THAN THEM!

They have given up on themselves so much that they do not see any hope that they’ll someday be in a position where they can afford great medical care and better life within and outside Nigeria.

Poverty kill you there!!

10 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Birth Tourism: US Block Visas For Pregnant Women Visiting To Give Birth by DexterousOne(m): 12:38am On Jan 24, 2020
1Sharon:

Ok. But imagine if everyone had your mentally and jumped ship. Would nigerians have a place to call home?

This is why Africans aren't respected cos they jump ship alot.

AfricaAfricans are not respected as a monolith because In wholesale
Our people have nothing to offer the world
And our country is $hitty AF

Africa does not encourage merit at all

1 Like

Re: Birth Tourism: US Block Visas For Pregnant Women Visiting To Give Birth by DexterousOne(m): 12:41am On Jan 24, 2020
magicminister:
The comments I read on this thread reenforces the reason why I hate poor people. You see, everyone that celebrated this new rule only did so NOT BECAUSE IT AFFECTS ME THEM, but because IT AFFECTS SOMEONE ELSE THAT THEY THEH PERCEIVE TO BE DOING BETTER THAN THEM!

They have given up on themselves so much that they do not see any hope that they’ll someday be in a position where they can afford great medical care and better life within and outside Nigeria.

Poverty kill you there!!

EXACTLY

I believe that the world cannot continue to take advantage of America like this, and certain measures are okay as long as they are not racially motivated

But I cannot rejoice because another person plans have been "scuttled" because of this

That is what poor people do (poverty of the mind and pocket) in Nigeria
And why the country will not develop

The same spirit that will make a Nigerian look at his neighbour house first if they "take light " to see whether that house is also dark like his own

This mentality has ruined Nigeria

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Birth Tourism: US Block Visas For Pregnant Women Visiting To Give Birth by DexterousOne(m): 12:42am On Jan 24, 2020
Gerrard59:

The vast majority of Trump's supporters in Nigeria will never get the opportunity to study in the US or sponsor their wives to procreate there. The Nigerians who don't support his immigration policies are those with a chance or can actually move to the US via studies, business or for whatever reason. I support Republican-like capitalism but wish Trump loses the election because of his immigration policies.

You have spoken well

1 Like

Re: Birth Tourism: US Block Visas For Pregnant Women Visiting To Give Birth by DexterousOne(m): 12:44am On Jan 24, 2020
Gerrard59:
From responses here, Nigeria's "lower class" are elated by this development and why should they not be? The contract worker in your bank's branch will never get to give birth or sponsor his wife to do same in the US; the dude doing his ND has resigned his fate about such privilege; the lass who struggles to fend for herself never imagine doing same and lots more in Watt Market, Ladipo, Gboko, Offa etc. They are happy with this development because even when the law was there, they never benefitted. So is it now it has been restricted that they would be worried? Ta! The persons who are worried about this are your upper middle class in Lekki, VI, Maitama, Ikoyi, Ikeja GRA, PH GRA etc. who believe their children lose out of a powerful passport which confer on them unfettered access to some of the world's best institutions at affordable rates and ease of entry at different POE stations globally. It is the middle class families who are in Yaba, Surulere, Ibadan, PH etc. who are worried that since they cannot afford $1M for investor's visa or even that of countries in the Caribbean region ($100K+) citizenship by investment, the citizenship by birth can afford their children (not them as parents) same opportunities as those in Lekki and Co.

However, these elites and upper middle class folks are in the minority or are basically infinitesimal in the scheme of things as the vast majority of Nigerians are poor. Those in the lower strata of the society won't feel concerned for the Ikoyi folks because these Maitama individuals didn't and don't feel concerned for the struggles of persons in my first sentence pass through. Which brings to the reality that Nigeria has to be developed and only the upper/middle class individuals can push for such development. But then, these Yaba, Ewet Housing, Ikoyi folks will simply move to Canada, Mexico, Brazil and other countries that offer citizenship by birth. After all, when the UK stopped post school visa, they moved to Germany and currently Canada.

In summary, the vast vast majority of Nigerians will be ecstatic with this news because it doesn't affect them in anyway let alone negatively. Call it schadenfreude, you won't be wrong.

You have spoken very well
This is precisely what I wanted to type.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Birth Tourism: US Block Visas For Pregnant Women Visiting To Give Birth by 1Sharon(f): 12:44am On Jan 24, 2020
DexterousOne:

AfricaAfricans are not respected as a monolith because In wholesale
Our people have nothing to offer the world
And our country is $hitty AF

Africa does not encourage merit at all

Yh that's what I'm saying..if everyone had your mentality and ran away from nigeria, would there still be a place to call home?
Re: Birth Tourism: US Block Visas For Pregnant Women Visiting To Give Birth by DexterousOne(m): 12:52am On Jan 24, 2020
slyfoxxjoe:
We are both saying the same thing you just don’t know it. From your post you sound like you agree that change is not the sole responsibility of the government but has to come from the people I.e from the bottom up.

I agree with this, Change will never come to Nigeria from our useless government and that’s why I say WE THE PEOPLE need to stop running away and stay here to fight and defeat the corrupt ruling class who have put us in this situation just like the American people fought to free themselves from British tyrannical rule. I wasn’t referring to the politicians in my post. I was referring to everyday citizens like you and I, especially those of us who are educated and privileged enough to have been abroad and seen how a functioning country should work.

I agree our youth are too distracted by nonsense like Naira Marleys demonic lyrics and Tachas ridiculous ass to even think of a revolution, we need serious reorientation, but that reorientation begins with us staying here to tackle the problems not keep running to America to save us. I hope you feel me?

We are not saying the same thing

Let me give you an instance
I'm a well travelled person, who have met people from different walls of life in different countries, and what I came to discover in Asia, especially Singapore and the rest (Malay/South Korea/Taiwan) is that they are not much different from us
I was shocked to learn some of the superstitions some of them still hold (about luck and all that, tho it's mostly the older class)

But the difference was that the poor, and unexposed and uneducated and backward ALLOWED those who have gone abroad to learn the skills and get the exposure, as well as well educated and exposed that were home grown to run ALL sectors of the economy, even government (God bless Lee Kwan Yew )

That way they enshrined and enthrone merit over the years in their system, and there was a turn around of things for the better of the country

Overtime, the others keyed into the programme and got on board
But merit has already been the norm and the culture

However, for black people, especially NIGERIA undecided

Its like Satan tied stupidity to the hearts of them

The unexposed, stupid, incompetent and barbaric insist they want to be in charge of the affairs of this country
They use their numbers to fill up every critical place in the economy, and stifle any one who dares bring change to the system
It is across board

From the fool in Aso Rock
To the defence chiefs sending our boys to die
To the goat who is finance minister
To the dead wood in our unis that claim to be prof
And the list is endless

How can you then fight for such a country?
When the people who are to fight WITH you are FIGHTING YOU

Look at how Buhari got to power

12 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply)

Any Nigerian In Kigali, Rwanda? / Top 10 Hangout And Fun Spots In Ibadan And Its Environs / How To Make It As A Nigerian In America In 2014

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 90
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.