Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,599 members, 7,955,208 topics. Date: Saturday, 21 September 2024 at 07:31 PM

Birth Tourism: US Block Visas For Pregnant Women Visiting To Give Birth - Travel (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Birth Tourism: US Block Visas For Pregnant Women Visiting To Give Birth (76627 Views)

Post Brexit UK Visa/Job Policy: No Visas For Low-Skilled Workers / Saudi Arabia Shuns Nigeria, Okays Tourist Visas For 49 Countries / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Birth Tourism: US Block Visas For Pregnant Women Visiting To Give Birth by cococandy(f): 12:54am On Jan 24, 2020
Gerrard59:

The vast majority of Trump's supporters in Nigeria will never get the opportunity to study in the US or sponsor their wives to procreate there. The Nigerians who don't support his immigration policies are those with a chance or can actually move to the US via studies, business or for whatever reason. I support Republican-like capitalism but wish Trump loses the election because of his immigration policies.

I don’t support his republican capitalism. It’s only for the wealthy. I’m not wealthy. If your family makes over 6 figures but are not millionaires, you will most likely be the hardest hit by his system.
I couldn’t believe my eyes last year when I got my refund embarassed.
Paid enormous taxes last year and got almost nothing back. Thanks to his useless (to regular folks) tax reform.

His system only favors the billionaires and millionaires club. I’m sure the poor people who supported him got the surprise of their lives during last tax season but they are too headstrong to admit when they are wrong.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Birth Tourism: US Block Visas For Pregnant Women Visiting To Give Birth by DexterousOne(m): 12:58am On Jan 24, 2020
1Sharon:

Yh that's what I'm saying..if everyone had your mentality and ran away from nigeria, would there still be a place to call home?

Everybody cannot run

2 Likes

Re: Birth Tourism: US Block Visas For Pregnant Women Visiting To Give Birth by 1Sharon(f): 1:01am On Jan 24, 2020
DexterousOne:

Everybody cannot run

So you think most Nigerians are there by choice?

1 Like

Re: Birth Tourism: US Block Visas For Pregnant Women Visiting To Give Birth by Beautyaddy: 1:01am On Jan 24, 2020
Gerrard59:

The vast majority of Trump's supporters in Nigeria will never get the opportunity to study in the US or sponsor their wives to procreate there. The Nigerians who don't support his immigration policies are those with a chance or can actually move to the US via studies, business or for whatever reason. I support Republican-like capitalism but wish Trump loses the election because of his immigration policies.

That's So Not True!
Re: Birth Tourism: US Block Visas For Pregnant Women Visiting To Give Birth by einsteine(m): 1:11am On Jan 24, 2020
AZeD1:

This rule doesn't affect the rich. With $500k you will get an investor visa.

Are you aware that many people (Nigerians, Chinese, prominent examples) have been rejected for even the investor visa?

It's not just about having the money otherwise everyone would go for the US investor visa instead of the various Caribbean CBI programs.

2 Likes

Re: Birth Tourism: US Block Visas For Pregnant Women Visiting To Give Birth by shogsman(m): 1:11am On Jan 24, 2020
This is the best news I've received this week

1 Like

Re: Birth Tourism: US Block Visas For Pregnant Women Visiting To Give Birth by moshino(m): 1:11am On Jan 24, 2020
AZeD1:

With $500k you will get an investor visa.

You 'may' get an investor visa, not you 'will'. It's not as simple as you think, some people have invested over $1m for that visa and we're still refused. It's not automatic.

8 Likes

Re: Birth Tourism: US Block Visas For Pregnant Women Visiting To Give Birth by salford1: 1:11am On Jan 24, 2020
sassysure:

Canada, here we come grin
Lol grin

1 Like

Re: Birth Tourism: US Block Visas For Pregnant Women Visiting To Give Birth by therajah: 1:12am On Jan 24, 2020
StrikeBack:
Na wah oo

But wait oo

As a Nigerian, What do we get as benefit of being a citizen of this country
Suffering and suffering

1 Like

Re: Birth Tourism: US Block Visas For Pregnant Women Visiting To Give Birth by Nobody: 1:14am On Jan 24, 2020
cococandy:

I don’t support his republican capitalism. It’s only for the wealthy. I’m not wealthy. If your family makes over 6 figures but are not millionaires, you will lost likely be the hardest hit by his system.
I couldn’t believe my eyes last year when I got my refund embarassed.
Paid enormous taxes last year and got almost nothing back. Thanks to his useless (to regular folks) tax reform.

His system only favors the billionaires and millionaires club. I’m sure the poor people who supported him got the surprise of their lives during last tax season but they are too headstrong to admit when they are wrong.
Una no dey pay tax?
Kekeke grin
Come mama Eliza place and see that u work for nothing.
More than half of your pay goes into the system. Infact, u work to maintain the welfare system practiced here.
So many eu people cashing out monthly just like that without doing anything that at the end of the day, they are better than u that's working grin

Although I heard that if brexit occur, tax reduces.

I will migrate to north korea grin

3 Likes

Re: Birth Tourism: US Block Visas For Pregnant Women Visiting To Give Birth by monfizzy(m): 1:15am On Jan 24, 2020
Dukeolumidemans:
Nigeria don cast already. Na Canada and Australia I pity pass. Next thing nau na to change direction... grin grin grin tongue

Australia doesn’t operate birthright citizenship except if a parent of the child is an Australian citizen or hold a permanent residence. And it’ll only be a matter of time for Canada to also stop it after US coz they’ll be overwhelmed by people coming there to give birth soon.

3 Likes

Re: Birth Tourism: US Block Visas For Pregnant Women Visiting To Give Birth by Nobody: 1:15am On Jan 24, 2020
salford1:

Lol grin
Why are u loling my brother cheesy

We are flooding Canada soon cheesy

2 Likes

Re: Birth Tourism: US Block Visas For Pregnant Women Visiting To Give Birth by shogsman(m): 1:15am On Jan 24, 2020
Victorex001:

Chairman calm down. Develop which country? A country that is being ruled by a clueless old slowpoke? While the youths supposed leaders of tomorrow keeps licking the asses of old greedy politicians?

I bet if you had the money you’d give your child dual-citizenship.

The problem you people have is lack of self esteem and zero patriotism, that's why you all run away to another man's land looking for something that's not lost.infact i wish the US could withdraw their emabssy from here
the last and the only time I was in the USA visiting all I could think about is coming back home,
No place like home,have some self respect and sit your ass down here.

1 Like

Re: Birth Tourism: US Block Visas For Pregnant Women Visiting To Give Birth by therajah: 1:17am On Jan 24, 2020
Yoighaman:
Must we migrate? Stay in Nigeria and make good money, then go visiting, that's one of the best life to live but many have been brainwashed.
What if you are in us or canada and make gud money..then visit Nigeria.. did u think about that?

6 Likes

Re: Birth Tourism: US Block Visas For Pregnant Women Visiting To Give Birth by cococandy(f): 1:21am On Jan 24, 2020
No of course we pay tax. We just paid more since his tax reforms and middle class tax refund reduced.

Only low/poverty line earners and millionaires are benefiting from his reform.
We also pay social security, Medicare and Medicaid (different from taxes) so that low income earners can have benefits. I don’t mind this. I believe in supporting those who can’t earn enough to support themselves.

But can you believe billionaires getting huuuge tax breaks to keep more billions in their account (because they provide jobs bla bla bla) while middle class earners are suffering for it?.

sassysure:

Una no dey pay tax?
Kekeke grin
More than half of your pay goes into the system. Infact, u work to maintain the welfare system practiced here.
So many eu people cashing out monthly just like that without doing anything that at the end of the day, they are better than u that's working grin

4 Likes

Re: Birth Tourism: US Block Visas For Pregnant Women Visiting To Give Birth by salford1: 1:22am On Jan 24, 2020
sassysure:

Why are u loling my brother cheesy

We are flooding Canada soon cheesy
The Chinese control the birth tourism market in Canada, and they charge around $30k per expectant mother.
Since this restriction in the state will create a boom elsewhere, maybe it's time for others like me to cash in on it grin

I have to start searching for 5 to 6 bedroom houses that can accomodate like 12 expectant naija mother at once, and charge a fraction of the cost those Chinese are charging cool

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Birth Tourism: US Block Visas For Pregnant Women Visiting To Give Birth by Raalsalghul: 1:22am On Jan 24, 2020
Gerrard59:
From responses here, Nigeria's "lower class" are elated by this development and why should they not be? The contract worker in your bank's branch will never get to give birth or sponsor his wife to do same in the US; the dude doing his ND has resigned his fate about such privilege; the lass who struggles to fend for herself never imagine doing same and lots more in Watt Market, Ladipo, Gboko, Offa etc. They are happy with this development because even when the law was there, they never benefitted. So is it now it has been restricted that they would be worried? Ta! The persons who are worried about this are your upper middle class in Lekki, VI, Maitama, Ikoyi, Ikeja GRA, PH GRA etc. who believe their children lose out of a powerful passport which confer on them unfettered access to some of the world's best institutions at affordable rates and ease of entry at different POE stations globally. It is the middle class families who are in Yaba, Surulere, Ibadan, PH etc. who are worried that since they cannot afford $1M for investor's visa or even that of countries in the Caribbean region ($100K+) citizenship by investment, the citizenship by birth can afford their children (not them as parents) same opportunities as those in Lekki and Co.

However, these elites and upper middle class folks are in the minority or are basically infinitesimal in the scheme of things as the vast majority of Nigerians are poor. Those in the lower strata of the society won't feel concerned for the Ikoyi folks because these Maitama individuals didn't and don't feel concerned for the struggles of persons in my first sentence pass through. Which brings to the reality that Nigeria has to be developed and only the upper/middle class individuals can push for such development. But then, these Yaba, Ewet Housing, Ikoyi folks will simply move to Canada, Mexico, Brazil and other countries that offer citizenship by birth. After all, when the UK stopped post school visa, they moved to Germany and currently Canada.

In summary, the vast vast majority of Nigerians will be ecstatic with this news because it doesn't affect them in anyway let alone negatively. Call it schadenfreude, you won't be wrong.
This is the pure, undiluted, brutal truth.

2 Likes

Re: Birth Tourism: US Block Visas For Pregnant Women Visiting To Give Birth by RaptorX: 1:22am On Jan 24, 2020
[quote author=chukzyfcbb post=86057025]Chaii this policy is not cool o,

If USA is blocked it can only mean one thing

Canada way gets piled up

Canada and UK is the next hop, best gift to give your child is a foreign PALI. That way they have better opportunites when they get older to study.

Secure that Pali by all means, if USA no gree, UK and Canada is there. wink

Comments here be smelling of jealousy yet they line up in the travel thread looking for escape route, F*""king Hypocrites
Re: Birth Tourism: US Block Visas For Pregnant Women Visiting To Give Birth by Freiburger(m): 1:24am On Jan 24, 2020
cococandy:

Jealousy grin
Grow up dear...
It has got nothing to do with jealousy.
Some people you see here commenting, already possess one of the most powerful passports in the world. They don’t need any gadamm visa to visit the US.

The issue here is our people always like to embark on activities which they feel the ordinary person can’t afford, without actually having the need for it.

The fact that an artist like Davido was born in the US, contributed little or nothing to his career‘s success.

This epidemie must stop. It makes our people look silly.

3 Likes

Re: Birth Tourism: US Block Visas For Pregnant Women Visiting To Give Birth by einsteine(m): 1:25am On Jan 24, 2020
puremaker7:
your children and wife will be citizen automatically

Not true.

The investor visa is a Green Card. You still have to wait many years before becoming a citizen and also having the money doesn't necessarily guarantee you the visa.

1 Like

Re: Birth Tourism: US Block Visas For Pregnant Women Visiting To Give Birth by salford1: 1:26am On Jan 24, 2020
sassysure:

Una no dey pay tax?
Kekeke grin

Are you sure about this? It could work both ways. Tax may reduce due to less EU freeloaders, or tax may also increase if EU professionals earning good wage leave the country.

North Korea? The rocket man might use you as a bargaining chip to obtain favour from the UK government grin

2 Likes

Re: Birth Tourism: US Block Visas For Pregnant Women Visiting To Give Birth by grandstar(m): 1:27am On Jan 24, 2020
I support this.
Re: Birth Tourism: US Block Visas For Pregnant Women Visiting To Give Birth by salford1: 1:30am On Jan 24, 2020
cococandy:
No of course we pay tax. We just paid more since his tax reforms and middle class tax refund reduced.

We also pay social security, Medicare and Medicaid (different from taxes) so that low income earners can have benefits. I don’t mind this. I believe in supporting those who can’t earn enough support themselves.

But can you believe billionaires getting huuuge tax breaks to keep more billions in their account (because they provide jobs bla bla bla) while middle class earners are suffering for it?.

This is a classic conservative style politics. Conservatives somehow believe that trickle down economics create more jobs, however the billionaires just keep the money to themselves. If it's a business, the top executives just payout huge bonus to themselves and reward their shareholders with surplus dividends.

5 Likes

Re: Birth Tourism: US Block Visas For Pregnant Women Visiting To Give Birth by DexterousOne(m): 1:31am On Jan 24, 2020
Freiburger:

Grow up dear...
It has got nothing to do with jealousy.
Some people you see here commenting, already possess one of the most powerful passports in the world. They don’t need any gadamm visa to visit the US.

The issue here is our people always like to embark on activities which they feel the ordinary person can’t afford, without actually having the need for it.

The fact that an artist like Davido was born in the US, contributed little or nothing to his career‘s success.

This epidemie must stop. It makes our people look silly.

What is this one saying now?
Re: Birth Tourism: US Block Visas For Pregnant Women Visiting To Give Birth by cococandy(f): 1:34am On Jan 24, 2020
salford1:

This is a classic conservative style politics. Conservatives somehow believe that trickle down economics create more jobs, however the billionaires just keep the money to themselves. If it's a business, the top executives just payout huge bonus to themselves and reward their shareholders with surplus dividends.

More money to buy more islands and private jets.
It’s never used for the masses they have enslaved. Yes we are enslaved grin

2 Likes

Re: Birth Tourism: US Block Visas For Pregnant Women Visiting To Give Birth by RaptorX: 1:38am On Jan 24, 2020
AZeD1:

This rule doesn't affect the rich. With $500k you will get an investor visa.
How many Nigerians can afford $500k infact how many Americans have $500k in their account.

2 Likes

Re: Birth Tourism: US Block Visas For Pregnant Women Visiting To Give Birth by salford1: 1:38am On Jan 24, 2020
cococandy:

More money to buy more islands and private jets.
It’s never used for the masses they have enslaved. Yes we are enslaved grin
The conservatives politicians might be getting kickbacks from the trickle down politics too. No wonder they are usually the most corrupt grin
It's no surprise a lot of Trump's associates are in jail grin

1 Like

Re: Birth Tourism: US Block Visas For Pregnant Women Visiting To Give Birth by Nobody: 1:41am On Jan 24, 2020
cococandy:

We also pay social security, Medicare and Medicaid (different from taxes) so that low income earners can have benefits. I don’t mind this. I believe in supporting those who can’t earn enough support themselves.

They said una external debt is too much so middle class has to be taxed more grin
If u tax the rich more, they will run away from una country and every country fears capital flight so its kind of woeing them to stay and continue to grow the economy and also for those that 're away to come back.

It will not continue indefinitely.
That money is needed to strengthen the dollar more.
The competition is becoming aggressive.
Una sorry.
Strong currency, na the citizens dey suffer.

Even though it's outrageous to u guys, it's not even up to 2 3rd of what mama Charlie and her children zap from us.
Wetin we go do na

2 Likes

Re: Birth Tourism: US Block Visas For Pregnant Women Visiting To Give Birth by midnighter(f): 1:46am On Jan 24, 2020
AnanseK:
A very good move. I wonder why a foreigner delivering his foreign child in America should automatically give the children citizenship.
A good move to stop the birth tourism but not enough.
There should be legislation in America to rule that all children born in America have the citizenship of their parents countries. So the baby is American only if the parent was already an American citizen. That makes sense.

That goes against the whole spirit of why they founded America. The US is a migrant country

Its just now that people are exploiting it too much that they had to do this

1 Like

Re: Birth Tourism: US Block Visas For Pregnant Women Visiting To Give Birth by Beautyaddy: 1:48am On Jan 24, 2020
cococandy:

But that's the truth now.

How many jobs does the government provides

Even when the Democrats were in power it was the middle class that was still paying for the higher and lower earners.
Re: Birth Tourism: US Block Visas For Pregnant Women Visiting To Give Birth by salford1: 1:48am On Jan 24, 2020
DexterousOne:

What is this one saying now?
It's not even only Nigerians that embark on birth tourism. The percentage of naija women travelling out for such is very little or insignificant in the scheme of things. Chinese are the number 1 culprit.
I don't blame any mother that desires to give their babies 2nd option i.e. a back up nationality.

3 Likes

Re: Birth Tourism: US Block Visas For Pregnant Women Visiting To Give Birth by cococandy(f): 1:49am On Jan 24, 2020
salford1:

The conservatives politicians might be getting kickbacks from the trickle down politics too. No wonder they are usually the most corrupt grin
It's no surprise a lot of Trump's associates are in jail grin

Might be getting kickbacks? More like; they most definitely are getting kickbacks. They are all funded by corrupt corporations

4 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply)

China Opens ₦7.3trillion World’s Longest Sea Bridge Designed To Last 120 Years / Family Regrets Selling House And Borrowing Money To Relocate Abroad,Now Stranded / Drone View Of Owerri (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.