Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,061 members, 7,810,953 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 07:24 PM

One Million Five Hundred Thousand Nigerians Died - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / One Million Five Hundred Thousand Nigerians Died (4792 Views)

Cameroon Expels 3 Thousand Nigerians In Fight Against Boko Haram / Live Pictures From The APC One Million March4Buhari / Live Update Of Lagos One Million Match (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: One Million Five Hundred Thousand Nigerians Died by aljharem(m): 12:49am On Dec 11, 2010
Kobojunkie:

By the way, NOt all Ibos, even those in diaspora, think like the many ibo claiming 'towobos' that you know of and are used to attacking on here. I would expect by now that you would know to separate the opinions of these people claiming to speak on behalf of a WHOLE PEOPLE, from the reality of the actual people. 

kobojunkie why are u talking like this

so MASSOP which is an igbo organisation both in nigeria and other counties do not have members that like there views

so OPC that have members in uk and america do not have the backing of there people

u are only talking for educated people here

what of uneducated people or people that lost a member of there family at some point in the war do u think they would like me as a northerner to talk about the events of the war
Re: One Million Five Hundred Thousand Nigerians Died by Kobojunkie: 12:53am On Dec 11, 2010
alj harem:

kobojunkie why are u talking like this

so MASSOP which is an igbo organisation both in nigeria and other counties do not have members that like there views

so OPC that have members in uk and america do not have the backing of there people

u are only talking for educated people here

what of uneducated people or people that lost a member of there family at some point in the war do u think they would like me as a northerner to talk about the events of the war

I hate generalizations that don't work. If you came out and said something like "Nigerians are generally cowards", you would not get a fight from me there because our actions over the decades can more than attest for that being closer to being the case than not.

However, when you say things like IBOS think like Massob, then you have a problem because there is no real information to back up that claim. It is as silly as saying Obasanjo speaks for all Yorubas or that IBB holds the general views held by all hausas. These do not work so I don't see why you would even believe the first works for Ibos.
Re: One Million Five Hundred Thousand Nigerians Died by matazzmagi(m): 12:54am On Dec 11, 2010
Whispering psycho!!!
Re: One Million Five Hundred Thousand Nigerians Died by chyz(m): 12:55am On Dec 11, 2010
jason12345:

bros, longtime!

@ your post

thats because americans are more "educated" than us. letting the so called agberos in lagos know that igbos "tried" invading and you think they would not start their thuggery is impossible. i think the best time for nigeria NOW, is to hush up until the literacy percentage in the country improves.

First noone is worried about "agberos" or "lagos".they aint go do no tin. The story would be honestly told and not one sided.That is why there is turmoil now because the story is not unitedly told but biasly told in one's community. The "trying" to invade lagos will be compared to the trying to invade/invading bayelsa and Delta state(Anioma) first by their commandos. As long as both sides are told fairly then it is welcoming and commendable;however, the politicians who are alive today that participated in the war would further unite the country if they came out and discussed the war together then came out to the public and showed unity amongst themselves.
Re: One Million Five Hundred Thousand Nigerians Died by fstranger1: 12:56am On Dec 11, 2010
Alhaji Harem,

Dont go down this route with Kobojunkie

She is crazy and a rabble rouser

Stop this arsinine discussion with her. She is always shifting the goal post

So just stop now! You will thank me later.

Very crazy girl.
Re: One Million Five Hundred Thousand Nigerians Died by jason12345: 12:57am On Dec 11, 2010
chyz:

First noone is worried about "agberos" or "lagos".they aint go do no tin. The story would be honestly told and not one sided.That is why there is turmoil now because the story is not unitedly told but biasly told in one's community. The "trying" to invade lagos will be compared to the trying to invade/invading bayelsa and Delta state(Anioma) first by their commandos. As long as both sides are told fairly then it is welcoming and commendable;however, the politicians who are alive today that participated in the war would further unite the country if they came out and discussed the war together then came out to the public and showed unity amongst themselves.

you are right. just hope the story would be told truthfully when they try to tell it.
Re: One Million Five Hundred Thousand Nigerians Died by jason12345: 12:58am On Dec 11, 2010
Kobojunkie:

I hate generalizations that don't work. If you came out and said something like "Nigerians are generally cowards", you would not get a fight from me there because our actions over the decades can more than attest for that being closer to being the case than not.

However, when you say things like IBOS think like Massob, then you have a problem because there is no real information to back up that claim. It is as silly as saying Obasanjo speaks for all Yorubas or that IBB holds the general views held by all hausas. These do not work so I don't see why you would even believe the first works for Ibos.

you did not understand his post!!!
Re: One Million Five Hundred Thousand Nigerians Died by aljharem(m): 12:59am On Dec 11, 2010
Kobojunkie:

sorry i think we are on different pages here

i never generalize, as i said earlier, i know there are decent igbos which i really give respect

also i know MASSOB do not speak for all igbos but they do speak for the majority of igbos

just like arewa speak for the majority of northerner even though we do not like ciroma
Re: One Million Five Hundred Thousand Nigerians Died by fstranger1: 1:00am On Dec 11, 2010
^^^

Alhaji ignore kobo

She is a confusionist!
Re: One Million Five Hundred Thousand Nigerians Died by jason12345: 1:00am On Dec 11, 2010
alj harem:

i never generalize, as i said earlier, i know there are decent igbos which i really give respect

also i know MASSOB do not speak for all igbos but they do speak for the majority of igbos

just like arewa speak for the majority of northerner even though we do not like ciroma

no, i think its ohaneze.
only a small percentage still follow massob
Re: One Million Five Hundred Thousand Nigerians Died by jason12345: 1:01am On Dec 11, 2010
fstranger1:

^^^

Alhaji ignore kobo

She is a confusionist!

you've been banned again? grin grin
Re: One Million Five Hundred Thousand Nigerians Died by aljharem(m): 1:02am On Dec 11, 2010
chyz:

but do u think both sides would be told truthfully ,,,,,,no

i think after our generation then the educated youths in the future can start telling the truth of the story

i hope it would not start some sort of stereotyping among them

i really hope so
Re: One Million Five Hundred Thousand Nigerians Died by fstranger1: 1:03am On Dec 11, 2010
jason12345:

you've been banned again? grin grin

Yeah, I think Kobojunkie reported me!
Re: One Million Five Hundred Thousand Nigerians Died by aljharem(m): 1:03am On Dec 11, 2010
fstranger1:

^^^

Alhaji ignore kobo

She is a confusionist!

i think i would follow ur advice cheesy grin grin
Re: One Million Five Hundred Thousand Nigerians Died by aljharem(m): 1:03am On Dec 11, 2010
fstranger1:

Yeah, I think Kobojunkie reported me!
grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: One Million Five Hundred Thousand Nigerians Died by chyz(m): 1:05am On Dec 11, 2010
jason12345:

you are right. just hope the story would be told truthfully when they try to tell it.

Gowon,Ojukwu,Danjuma,David Mark,OBJ are really doing nigeria horribly by keeping quite and not coming together to tell the whole story with truth, all that happened before and after, and behind doors. That information would real industrialize the nigerian people in building unity but the back drop is, the elites will be pummeled.
Re: One Million Five Hundred Thousand Nigerians Died by matazzmagi(m): 1:05am On Dec 11, 2010
fraudulent application of scriptures notwithstanding, Biafra cannot stop Nigeria from being what it chooses to be so let Nigeria go ahead and be that and leave Biafraland. Biafrans reject spiritual or religious unity with their oppressors and killers; they disdain and discard Nigerian wicked machinations full of open guile that festers like sore people of eastern region, we always pray that GOD blessed our young men and women that fought and died,fighting to deliver themselves from blood thirsting nigerians and they will always be rememmbered for standing for the truth,
Re: One Million Five Hundred Thousand Nigerians Died by aljharem(m): 1:07am On Dec 11, 2010
matazzmagi:

fraudulent application of scriptures notwithstanding, Biafra cannot stop Nigeria from being what it chooses to be so let Nigeria go ahead and be that and leave Biafraland. Biafrans reject spiritual or religious unity with their oppressors and killers; they disdain and discard Nigerian wicked machinations full of open guile that festers like sore people of eastern region, we always pray that GOD blessed our young men and women that fought and died,fighting to deliver themselves from blood thirsting nigerians and they will always be rememmbered for standing for the truth,

i would like u to leave this tread pls

there is no meaningful contribution
Re: One Million Five Hundred Thousand Nigerians Died by jason12345: 1:08am On Dec 11, 2010
chyz:

Gowon,Ojukwu,Danjuma,David Mark,OBJ are really doing nigeria horribly by keeping quite and not coming together to tell the whole story with truth, all that happened before and after, and behind doors. That information would real industrialize the nigerian people in building unity but the back drop is, the elites will be pummeled.

you are right. if it goes well, then the unity and development that would accompany it would be staggering! there would be no prejudice or insecurity among the people. i hope it would go well!!!
Re: One Million Five Hundred Thousand Nigerians Died by Kobojunkie: 1:08am On Dec 11, 2010
alj harem:

We are not really on different pages. You are asking questions of Ibos as if the views shared by the few on here would somehow apply to a majority or even a significant number, is that not right? My take is, you cannot translate the view of the few here to mean much considering the voting history of Ibos and the political landscape there continues to show that the ibo situation cannot be simplified in such a way.

The other lady gave you a view which you completely rejected for some unknown reason – insulting her for having that view, but you somehow take the words of the others to mean the word of the majority of Ibos, many of whom are yet to understand what role massob plays in Ibo land, let alone what role it ought to play in Ibo politics, if at all?

alj harem:

What gives you the idea that MASSOB speaks for majority of all Ibos though? The organization barely ever gets Ibos to vote people who share its views. So how did you arrive at this claim that MASSOB speaks for MAJORITY of Ibos? Isn’t that in itself a general statement to make of this group?

Anywho, since you still do not see fit to apologize to @Chosen_04 , I will take it that this discussion is not one I would like to spend any more of my time on.
Re: One Million Five Hundred Thousand Nigerians Died by fstranger1: 1:10am On Dec 11, 2010
Kobojunkie:

[s]We are not really on different pages. You are asking questions of Ibos as if the views shared by the few on here would somehow apply to a majority or even a significant number, is that not right? My take is, you cannot translate the view of the few here to mean much considering the voting history of Ibos and the political landscape there continues to show that the ibo situation cannot be simplified in such a way.

The other lady gave you a view which you completely rejected for some unknown reason – insulting her for having that view, but you somehow take the words of the others to mean the word of the majority of Ibos, many of whom are yet to understand what role massob plays in Ibo land, let alone what role it ought to play in Ibo politics, if at all?
What gives you the idea that MASSOB speaks for all Ibos though? The organization barely ever gets Ibos to vote people who share their views. So how did you arrive at this claim that MASSOB speaks for MAJORITY of Ibos? Isn’t that in itself a general statement to make of this group? [/s]

Arrant nonsense!
Re: One Million Five Hundred Thousand Nigerians Died by ladej(m): 1:11am On Dec 11, 2010
if only we told the truth in our country, be it war, death, assassination, espionage, illness. almost everything is shrouded in secrecy. a remembrance for the dead will heal wounds, and as someone rightly pointed, Biafrans are still Nigerians. when will we start to carry out lessons learnt activities? when?
Re: One Million Five Hundred Thousand Nigerians Died by matazzmagi(m): 1:20am On Dec 11, 2010
alj harem it seems that you dont understand my points, should i brake it down for you?ok you should know that it does not speak for these peoples who are fighting for their own freedom. Your rotten mind pollutes thought. Shut up! No-one wants your uncivilized and confused self in Biafra which if it was a fantasy you would n't mind, right? Be sure of one thing. There will never be a Nigeria.As long's as your type dont respect biafrans the dead and the living This phantom will continue until,like a bad dream, it fades away.
Re: One Million Five Hundred Thousand Nigerians Died by aljharem(m): 1:24am On Dec 11, 2010
Kobojunkie:

We are not really on different pages. You are asking questions of Ibos as if the views shared by the few on here would somehow apply to a majority or even a significant number, is that not right? My take is, you cannot translate the view of the few here to mean much considering the voting history of Ibos and the political landscape there continues to show that the ibo situation cannot be simplified in such a way.

What gives you the idea that MASSOB speaks for all Ibos though? The organization barely ever gets Ibos to vote people who share their views. So how did you arrive at this claim that MASSOB speaks for MAJORITY of Ibos? Isn’t that in itself a general statement to make of this group?

Anywho, since you still do not see fit to apologize to @Chosen_04 , I will take it that this discussion is not one I would like to spend any more of my time on.  

@ bolded didn't i give u the reasons angry angry
why do u what to talk like am a mumu just like chosen04

why do u talk daft

are u even in nigeria not to talk of u being in the north

so u and chosen04 would sit in USA while others are dying in nigeria because of a silly idea

chosen04 said they are not nigerians but biafrans so this should only occur in biafra not nigeria

is american independence or thankgiven celebrated anywhere else apart from america

why are u girls stu-pid in reasoning

so massop does not talk for igbos and yet they released biafran pounds which i have seen in enugu been used a commodity exchange unit

have u been to borno, jigawa, kano, enugu, anambra states

do not use USA or lagos or even abuja to judge the situation of the country

mumu
Re: One Million Five Hundred Thousand Nigerians Died by jason12345: 1:32am On Dec 11, 2010
matazzmagi:

alj harem it seems that you dont understand my points, should i brake it down for you?ok you should know that it does not speak for these peoples who are fighting for their own freedom. Your rotten mind pollutes thought. Shut up! No-one wants your uncivilized and confused self in Biafra which if it was a fantasy you would n't mind, right? Be sure of one thing. There will never be a Nigeria.As long's as your type dont respect biafrans the dead and the living This phantom will continue until,like a bad dream, it fades away.

look guy, pls do not ask for any special treatment! i have come to realise that there is a difference between the pro-biafrans and the true igbos that i know or are they just pretending undecided (i hope not)

ladej:

if only we told the truth in our country, be it war, death, assassination, espionage, illness. almost everything is shrouded in secrecy. a remembrance for the dead will heal wounds, and as someone rightly pointed, Biafrans are still Nigerians. when will we start to carry out lessons learnt activities? when?

i can reason from your point of view and i support it. let everyone be open about it.
Re: One Million Five Hundred Thousand Nigerians Died by aljharem(m): 1:36am On Dec 11, 2010
matazzmagi:

grin grin grin grin grin grin

look do not make me go back to my old ways

so there are still biafrans in nigeria(not igbos) and they are not kill yet,,,,,,,,,,,,why na angry angry angry

i think i should tell my fulani friends to invade ebonyi state first and kill as much biafrans as they can

there would be,,,,,i repeat there would be no respect for biafrans living or dead as long as there is nigeria

until people like u stop thinking trash and face the reality

until people like u can go back to nigeria and fight for ur freedom instead of posting from dispora

biafra would have been a success until u invaded the yorubaland which i think ojukwu should have negotiated with them insisted of invading and kill them
Re: One Million Five Hundred Thousand Nigerians Died by fstranger1: 1:38am On Dec 11, 2010
Alhaji ignore Kobo

She is a confusionist par excellence!
Re: One Million Five Hundred Thousand Nigerians Died by aljharem(m): 1:39am On Dec 11, 2010
ladej:

if only it would be good

but remembrance i do not support

also biafrans are not nigerians because there loyalty is with biafra not nigeria

so they can not eat there cake and have it,,,,,,fact
Re: One Million Five Hundred Thousand Nigerians Died by aljharem(m): 1:40am On Dec 11, 2010
fstranger1:

Alhaji ignore Kobo

She is a confusionist par excellence!

i concur
Re: One Million Five Hundred Thousand Nigerians Died by matazzmagi(m): 1:56am On Dec 11, 2010
alj harem you can hang yourself if you want, it will not change a thing fulanis cant kill even an ant in Biafra fix your head ,You as a criminal and liar you are feel intimidated by the truth. Give your facts then, idiot, and tell us about your righteous tribe. The facts are what you cannot recreate so in frustration cast false malicious aspersions. We are tribes for your information and that was not an Igbo doing. Igbo had been attacked and killed in Nigeria for 64 years, their wealth of natural and human resources exploited for that long. Is it because of your moronic brain or their ethnic identity?
Re: One Million Five Hundred Thousand Nigerians Died by jason12345: 2:09am On Dec 11, 2010
matazzmagi:

alj harem you can hang yourself if you want, it will not change a thing fulanis cant kill even an ant in Biafra fix your head ,You as a criminal and liar you are feel intimidated by the truth. Give your facts then, , and tell us about your righteous tribe. The facts are what you cannot recreate so in frustration cast false malicious aspersions. We are tribes for your information and that was not an Igbo doing. Igbo had been attacked and killed in Nigeria for 64 years, their wealth of natural and human resources exploited for that long. Is it because of your moronic brain or their ethnic identity?

look! if you still want to remain in 1967 then pls do so ALONE. this is a nigerian forum not a Nigerian Forum. i am not against you talking or venting out your hatred. infact, i would not blame you because i would have done the same. but please, we need to move on and if you not see the need to move on then do you talking alone or on another forum

@ topic

i have changed my stance, i see reason in why we should remember them and history should be taught but we have to hope that the public takes it the right way!!!
Re: One Million Five Hundred Thousand Nigerians Died by aljharem(m): 2:14am On Dec 11, 2010
jason12345:

look! if you still want to remain in 1967 then pls do so ALONE. this is a nigerian forum not a Nigerian Forum. i am not against you talking
i have changed my stance, i see reason in why we should remember them and history should be taught but we have to hope that the public takes it the right way!!!

me too

but should be done the right way

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Life Of Ethnic Minority: A Peep Into The Adara Ethic Group / Cash Crunch Hit Buhari Campaign / Pictures Of Nnamdi Kanu In Court.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 89
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.