Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,042 members, 7,810,855 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 05:02 PM

One Million Five Hundred Thousand Nigerians Died - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / One Million Five Hundred Thousand Nigerians Died (4791 Views)

Cameroon Expels 3 Thousand Nigerians In Fight Against Boko Haram / Live Pictures From The APC One Million March4Buhari / Live Update Of Lagos One Million Match (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: One Million Five Hundred Thousand Nigerians Died by chyz(m): 4:31am On Dec 11, 2010
jason12345:

as i said earlier, i am not sure. . .  . . it should be within the first 20 mins!

https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria?topic=561815.msg7265909#msg7265909

^^^^ thats also a link relating to what he said.

Still watching.Interesting. quick question though. if the Igbo were already on top of practically everything through hard work,why would "they(Igbo)" have needed to stage a coup?
Re: One Million Five Hundred Thousand Nigerians Died by jason12345: 4:40am On Dec 11, 2010
chyz:

Still watching.Interesting. quick question though. if the Igbo were already on top of practically everything through hard work,why would "they(Igbo)" have needed to stage a coup?

my brother, that i do not understand. i have said it on NL recently that it was not an ethnic coup but it was viewed as an ethnic coup because the igbos ran everything grin and they also headed the coup undecided. also, for some reasons, only igbo officials were untouched in the coup so it was viewed as such (ethnic coup)
Re: One Million Five Hundred Thousand Nigerians Died by chyz(m): 4:50am On Dec 11, 2010
jason12345:

my brother, that i do not understand. i have said it on NL recently that it was not an ethnic coup but it was viewed as an ethnic coup because the igbos ran everything grin and they also headed the coup undecided. also, for some reasons, only igbo officials were untouched in the coup so it was viewed as such (ethnic coup)

There is an Igbo official that was killed. Gowon is even insinuating that is was not an "igbo" coup.he even said that he followed after ironsi to end the coup attempt in lagos.Start at 17:20.
Re: One Million Five Hundred Thousand Nigerians Died by matazzmagi(m): 4:52am On Dec 11, 2010
Gowon his trying to cover his wicked tracks, killing igbos,look its simple if one group is doing well in life the other groups will hate them jews have the same problem all over the world but they are still in charged of world economy till date am not saying igbos a like jews but we are on the same line as jews when it come's to creatiing wealths with nothing. And we are more educated,that's why we get all this hate left right and center in nigeria,that is the problem,
Re: One Million Five Hundred Thousand Nigerians Died by chyz(m): 4:56am On Dec 11, 2010
Jason, Gowon just said he was the COAS under the administration of Ironsi,meaning he was in carge of the army. Do keep in mind, Gowon was a christian(by affiliation) and a middle belter, not a cor northern muslim.
Re: One Million Five Hundred Thousand Nigerians Died by chyz(m): 5:00am On Dec 11, 2010
Gowon just jumped from january '66 to july '66. start from 22:57.
Re: One Million Five Hundred Thousand Nigerians Died by chyz(m): 5:16am On Dec 11, 2010
jason12345:

i am talking of the army. i do not know whether it was by discrimination or hard work. i guess it would have been hard work but we seem to forget that the high ranked igbos soldier told the northern soldier to surrender their weapons to them in lagos and abeokuta (yoruba lives would have been lost) where a fight broke out. all this things are from the west and midwest point of view back then.

jason12345:

gowon said it on an interview

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p1MjFV98ai8

i cannot remember the exact time he said it but if you have time, you can watch the interview and see things from the nigerian point of view

Now Jason, did you really have to lie to push ur point. Gowon said some SOUTHERN officers, "especially" the Igbo soldiers, tried to unarm some northern officers because they hear about a possible northern counter coup. This meant both Igbo, Yoruba, Ijaw, Ibibio, were also involded in the unarming of northern soldiers. No need to lie mehn. Start from 25.05.
Re: One Million Five Hundred Thousand Nigerians Died by matazzmagi(m): 5:18am On Dec 11, 2010
we should not forget that blood thirsty gowon,29th of july 1966 at ikeja barracks in that morning he ordered the killing of eastern officers, and his blood thirsty soldiers was going on in army barracks in the north and west killing.These pattern went on for three days,
Re: One Million Five Hundred Thousand Nigerians Died by matazzmagi(m): 5:25am On Dec 11, 2010
When Nigerians want to distract people from their endemic criminality, they level false accusation on Igbo and Biafrans. These people calling themselves Nigerians are nothing but unrepentant evildoers and satan worshippers. Its their culture
Re: One Million Five Hundred Thousand Nigerians Died by chyz(m): 5:29am On Dec 11, 2010
matazzmagi:

When Nigerians want to distract people from their endemic criminality, they level false accusation on Igbo and Biafrans. These people calling themselves Nigerians are nothing but unrepentant evildoers and satan worshippers. Its their culture

The video proves there was no "Igbo" coup. Like i said the first time the whole "igbo" coup propaganda was brought up was in Britain and NOT nigeria.
Re: One Million Five Hundred Thousand Nigerians Died by udezue(m): 8:18am On Dec 11, 2010
Jason12345 continues to expose himself as a pathetic liar willing to ignorantly spew nonsense that u can't even back up thanx to Chyz he exposed u.
Re: One Million Five Hundred Thousand Nigerians Died by jason12345: 1:15pm On Dec 11, 2010
chyz:

Now Jason, did you really have to lie to push your point. Gowon said some SOUTHERN officers, "especially" the Igbo soldiers, tried to unarm some northern officers because they hear about a possible northern counter coup. This meant both Igbo, Yoruba, Ijaw, Ibibio, were also involded in the unarming of northern soldiers. No need to lie mehn. Start from 25.05.

how did i lie? did i say it was an igbo coup? read my previous post!!! i said it was viewed as an igbo coup by nigeria! i had accepted this fact a long time ago. so, my brother i did not lie. infact if you read my post, i said it was NOT an igbo coup or an ethnic coup!!! i even said that the so called invasion was seen as a form of aggression. in a war, there are always two sides to the story

re-read my posts

udezue:

Jason12345 continues to expose himself as a pathetic liar willing to ignorantly spew nonsense that u can't even back up thanx to Chyz he exposed u.
when you talk, you seem quite unintelligent. why did you have to wait for chyz to "expose" me? why cant you do it yourself? anyway, there i nothing to expose.
Re: One Million Five Hundred Thousand Nigerians Died by jason12345: 1:24pm On Dec 11, 2010
@ chyz

jason12345:

my brother, that i do not understand. i have said it on NL recently that it was not an ethnic coup but it was viewed as an ethnic coup because the igbos ran everything grin and they also headed the coup undecided. also, for some reasons, only igbo officials were untouched in the coup so it was "viewed" as such (ethnic coup)
Re: One Million Five Hundred Thousand Nigerians Died by matazzmagi(m): 1:43pm On Dec 11, 2010
We love The Lord, for He heard our voice. He heard our cry for mercy. Because He turned His ear to us, we will call on Him as long as we live" ---- Biafran,GOD BLESS BIAFRA THE RISING SUN!!!!
Re: One Million Five Hundred Thousand Nigerians Died by matazzmagi(m): 1:47pm On Dec 11, 2010
ojukwu a great man of igbo's and africa's,am so sorry for nigeria's for not understanding your great wisdom of confederation which could have made nigeria great nation, There has been genocide on the occasion of the 1966 massacres, the region between the towns of Benin and Asaba where only widows and orphans remain, federal troops having, for unknown reasons, massacred all the men" --- Le Monde (French Newspaper). April 5, 1968
Re: One Million Five Hundred Thousand Nigerians Died by ziga: 3:52pm On Dec 11, 2010
matazzmagi:

Your statement is inciting and offensive to me.

Whatever country you are from, when other people start to make demeaning statements about it, I'm sure you will call them tribalists.
Re: One Million Five Hundred Thousand Nigerians Died by chyz(m): 4:44pm On Dec 11, 2010
jason12345:

how did i lie? did i say it was an igbo coup? read my previous post!!! i said it was viewed as an igbo coup by nigeria! i had accepted this fact a long time ago. so, my brother i did not lie. infact if you read my post, i said it was NOT an igbo coup or an ethnic coup!!! i even said that the so called invasion was seen as a form of aggression. in a war, there are always two sides to the story

I wasnt referring to the part of it being an Igbo coup. I already know you didn't see it as an igbo coup. I was referring to when you said it was Igbo officers that were unarming the northerners. The statement was not true gowon said that the southern officers but especially the Igbos.This would include other southern tribal officers as well,west,east, and midwest.

jason12345:

i am talking of the army. i do not know whether it was by discrimination or hard work. i guess it would have been hard work but we seem to forget that the high ranked igbos soldier told the northern soldier to surrender their weapons to them in lagos and abeokuta (yoruba lives would have been lost) where a fight broke out. all this things are from the west and midwest point of view back then.

cheesy don't worry, chyz is cool.

you are mixing things up!

1967 was a war not genocide.

secondly, jos crisis was an ethnic misunderstanding. i am sure the yorubas (main target) and the igbos  would have killed some northerners too. also, you have to take into account that these northern youths are used by their leaders like how adedibu uses his thugs to rig elections. they are uneducated and would do anything for money. so you cannot conclude that they hate igbos or yorubas.

thirdly, ethnic clashes happen regularly. it only occurs when a group of people feel insecure in their own place (thats why i keep tell the pro-biafrans to stop saying, "we own lagos"wink. i would not read much into what happen to musa. it is sacrifices that makes a country stronger not weaker. even before we had GB, there were ethnic groups that fought and some would have been almost wiped out by the opposing ethnic group. even ireland does not like britain today.

lastly, i think nigeria can only go UP if we have good leaders. our development is not based on ethnicity but a collective effort and conducive environment. once our leadership problems are solved, you would be surprised on how much we get along!
Re: One Million Five Hundred Thousand Nigerians Died by jason12345: 4:48pm On Dec 11, 2010
chyz:

I wasnt referring to the part of it being an Igbo coup. I already know you didn't see it as an igbo coup. I was referring to when you said it was Igbo officers that were unarming the northerners. The statement was not true gowon said that the southern officers but especially the Igbos.This would include other southern tribal officers as well,west,east, and midwest.

okay, sorry for the misunderstanding.
Re: One Million Five Hundred Thousand Nigerians Died by T9ksy(m): 4:57pm On Dec 11, 2010
@ Jason,

which one u dey sef? What's with all this nonsence about the jan '66 coup being "perceived" as an Igbo coup?
Jan '66 was an igbo coup, period!!!

However way you slice it, the coup was aimed at ushering in igbo leadership, AND IT DID!

Ironsi was a mo.ron who couldn't wait to actualise igbo's dream of centralised govt in the country hence the noth had to
do away with him.

No other group in the country believed in the concept of "one nigeria" except the igbos until they lost out in the power tussle only for them to turn around and start shouting, "seccession".

They want to secede but in the same breath had the time(and resources) to liberate (sic!) the west and the mid-west regions. Na who asked them?
Re: One Million Five Hundred Thousand Nigerians Died by chyz(m): 4:58pm On Dec 11, 2010
jason12345:

okay, sorry for the misunderstanding.

it's kool. no probs mehn. cool
Re: One Million Five Hundred Thousand Nigerians Died by aljharem(m): 6:14pm On Dec 11, 2010
T9ksy:

@ Jason,

which one u dey sef? What's with all this nonsence about the jan '66 coup being "perceived" as an Igbo coup?
Jan '66 was an igbo coup, period!!!

However way you slice it, the coup was aimed at ushering in igbo leadership, AND IT DID!

Ironsi was a mo.ron who couldn't wait to actualise igbo's dream of centralised govt in the country hence the noth had to
do away with him.

No other group in the country believed in the concept of "one nigeria" except the igbos until they lost out in the power tussle only for them to turn around and start shouting, "seccession".

They want to secede but in the same breath had the time(and resources) to liberate (sic!) the west and the mid-west regions. Na who asked them?

grin grin grin grin grin grin

gbammmmm

gbamm gbosa cheesy cheesy grin grin

chikena grin grin grin cheesy cheesy

spot on

may God continue to bless u and ur family for the truth wink
Re: One Million Five Hundred Thousand Nigerians Died by chyz(m): 11:12pm On Dec 11, 2010
alj harem:

grin grin grin grin grin grin

gbammmmm

gbamm gbosa cheesy cheesy grin grin

chikena grin grin grin cheesy cheesy

spot on 

may God continue to bless u and your family for the truth wink

may God never bless you and your family for your mischief smiley. You make a lot of comments with no facts or logic.At least jason has the manhood to with some sort of dept but you don't. Why not come out and lets reflect on this dicussion like he did and stop consining.Took a look at the video he posted also, from beginning to end.
Re: One Million Five Hundred Thousand Nigerians Died by udezue(m): 12:14am On Dec 12, 2010
Jason12345, the resident lying mbecile of NL, I'm on cellphone hence I can't watch the video. Olodo
Re: One Million Five Hundred Thousand Nigerians Died by doublekay: 9:51am On Dec 13, 2010
From the Look of our discussion so far and from the link below cant we see that the war was as result of political greed from both sides.

And my question still Remains
should the memories of people that lost their lives in this political war be left to go down the drain?
Re: One Million Five Hundred Thousand Nigerians Died by fstranger1: 9:54am On Dec 13, 2010
doublekay:

From the Look of our discussion so far and from the link below cant we see that the war was as result of political greed from both sides.

should the memories of people that lost their lives in this political war be left to go down the drain?

The people that are dead dont have any memory left

Hoe do we preserve the memories of dead people?

What are you talking about?
Re: One Million Five Hundred Thousand Nigerians Died by aljharem(m): 9:58am On Dec 13, 2010
doublekay:

yes greed of both sides

no they can be remembered every year but it should not be taught in schools or to people under 18 or 16 because people still have feelings about the war
Re: One Million Five Hundred Thousand Nigerians Died by fstranger1: 10:04am On Dec 13, 2010
Alhaji shouldnt you be praying?

And afterwards prolly having s*ex with a 9 yrs old girl from Egypt?
Re: One Million Five Hundred Thousand Nigerians Died by doublekay: 10:11am On Dec 13, 2010
alj harem:

yes greed of both sides

no they can be remembered every year but it should not be taught in schools or to people under 18 or 16 because people still have feelings about the war

Dont you think our kids have the right to know what happened to their fathers from a more genuine point of view (school)
or do you prefer them picking it up from the streets and probably a biased piece of it  

and dont you also think that if the growing get to know the real truth about the war and also come to know that people that lost there head to the war is also been acknowledged  they wouldnt view the war as tribal and also they wouldnt want such to repeat itself

Dont you think so?
Re: One Million Five Hundred Thousand Nigerians Died by oderemo(m): 10:39am On Dec 13, 2010
What truth r u talking abt,
d one told by gowon or the one garnished by ojukwu, fortunately both still alive.
Look there will be no truth inasmuch as both side c the picture as a win win situ.
Re: One Million Five Hundred Thousand Nigerians Died by swoosh(m): 11:40am On Dec 13, 2010
Many people died on both sides. In my opinion what needs to be done has already been done- reconstructuon of both sides, reintegration of all into one Nigeria with equal rights and pardon of Biafran soldiers amongst other things. I honestly think we should forget about this and not further hurt the feelings of those who lost loved ones in the ugly war
Re: One Million Five Hundred Thousand Nigerians Died by aljharem(m): 2:36pm On Dec 13, 2010
swoosh:

Many people died on both sides. In my opinion what needs to be done has already been done- reconstructuon of both sides, reintegration of all into one Nigeria with equal rights and pardon of Biafran soldiers amongst other things. I honestly think we should forget about this and not further hurt the feelings of those who lost loved ones in the ugly war

stop on
doublekay:

Dont you think our kids have the right to know what happened to their fathers from a more genuine point of view (school)
or do you prefer them picking it up from the streets and probably a biased piece of it  

and dont you also think that if the growing get to know the real truth about the war and also come to know that people that lost there head to the war is also been acknowledged  they wouldnt view the war as tribal and also they wouldnt want such to repeat itself

Dont you think so?

do u know that the truth would mean the igbo will be hated again

do u

don't u think that if u or a teacher tell a northerner that a coup of igbo soldiers kill our spiritual leader, do u not think that there will be riot in the north

or if u tell the yorubas and edo people that igbo soldiers try invading to lagos, do u not think the the igbos in schools in lagos would be stigmatised

or if u tell the igbos that the northerners kill them and the yorubas stoped them from invading there land, do u not think that there will be stigmatization in the east about the northerner or yoruba

i believe that it is best forgotten or maybe taught in the university  when people are more mature and educated to act right

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Nigeria To Assist Poor Countries With N7bn! / Invalid / FULL VIDEO: A Nigerian Man Slept With His Daughter.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.