Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,146 members, 7,811,222 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 06:58 AM

One Million Five Hundred Thousand Nigerians Died - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / One Million Five Hundred Thousand Nigerians Died (4793 Views)

Cameroon Expels 3 Thousand Nigerians In Fight Against Boko Haram / Live Pictures From The APC One Million March4Buhari / Live Update Of Lagos One Million Match (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: One Million Five Hundred Thousand Nigerians Died by udezue(m): 2:22am On Dec 11, 2010
The only reason why Jason, and other devils here are against remembrance of the victims of the Biafran genocide is because they are afraid of the truth. It took the turks years to accept that they committed genocide against the Armenians, it will take Nigerians a lil while to accept that they are no different or better than the Nazis and Turks.
Re: One Million Five Hundred Thousand Nigerians Died by matazzmagi(m): 2:26am On Dec 11, 2010
udezue It really is too bad for idiots like them, because Nigeria and its hating, stealing and killing tribes, major and minor for the past 65 years are now exposed to the world. there days are numbered as justice matches closer every minute. Psychopathic liars
Re: One Million Five Hundred Thousand Nigerians Died by jason12345: 2:26am On Dec 11, 2010
udezue:

The only reason why Jason, and other devils here are against remembrance of the victims of the Biafran genocide is because they are afraid of the truth. It took the turks years to accept that they committed genocide against the Armenians, it will take Nigerians a lil while to accept that they are no different or better than the Nazis and Turks.

how did you get to that conclusion did you read what i have been saying at all undecided
Re: One Million Five Hundred Thousand Nigerians Died by aljharem(m): 2:28am On Dec 11, 2010
udezue:

how are we devils

how do u talk like that and expect people to remember the war

it is not a genocide but a war

it is called biafra war not biafra genocide mumu

also i think u should also be afraid of the lies that would be planted into young children's head

why should we be afraid of the truth when it is just going to show how evil ojukwu is
Re: One Million Five Hundred Thousand Nigerians Died by jason12345: 2:29am On Dec 11, 2010
matazzmagi:

udezue  It really is too bad for idiots like them,  because Nigeria and its hating, stealing and killing tribes, major and minor for the past 65 years are now exposed to the world. there days are numbered as justice matches closer every minute. Psychopathic liars

. . .  . and the immature insults begin!!!

i have a question for you matazzmagi,

would you have allowed nigeria to continue the way it was before 1967? or you are just saying this now because it is "unfavourable" to you?  pls be honest. thank you!
Re: One Million Five Hundred Thousand Nigerians Died by chyz(m): 2:31am On Dec 11, 2010
jason12345:

. . .  . and the immature insults begin!!!

i have a question for you matazzmagi,

would you have allowed nigeria to continue the way it was before 1967? or you are just saying this now because it is "unfavourable" to you?  pls be honest. thank you!

How do u think it was before before 1967?
Re: One Million Five Hundred Thousand Nigerians Died by chyz(m): 2:33am On Dec 11, 2010
alj harem:

how are we devils

also i think u should also be afraid of the lies that would be planted into young children's head

why should we be afraid of the truth when it is just going to show how evil ojukwu is

Lies being planted into the young childrens head can be countered by the truth being told in detail by those elites/heads that were agitators of the war.Keep it in mind, and without ignorance.
Re: One Million Five Hundred Thousand Nigerians Died by jason12345: 2:35am On Dec 11, 2010
alj harem:

how are we devils

leave them. as i said most "educated southerners" are illiterates.
so in a war, ojukwu did not expect casualities? i wonder how some people think!

how can you declare a war or a fight with someone and expect them not to do anything to win how do you go for a war and expect your "enemy" to cloth, shelter and feed you so you can grow stronger and beat him?

pls, i was a war. during genocides, people do not fight back and even invade(lol). the jews and the tutsi did not invade or fight back (militarily).
Re: One Million Five Hundred Thousand Nigerians Died by chyz(m): 2:38am On Dec 11, 2010
jason12345:

leave them. as i said most "educated southerners" are illiterates.
so in a war, ojukwu did not expect casualities? i wonder how some people think!

how can you declare a war or a fight with someone and expect them not to do anything to win how do you go for a war and expect your "enemy" to cloth, shelter and feed you so you can grow stronger and beat him?

pls, i was a war. during genocides, people do not fight back and even invade(lol). the jews and the tutsi did not invade or fight back (militarily).

Now ask you self who declared war? then ask yourself who invaded whos land first?then ask your self how would one side be wrong in invading the land of the people who invaded their land first
Re: One Million Five Hundred Thousand Nigerians Died by jason12345: 2:41am On Dec 11, 2010
chyz:

How do u think it was before before 1967?

azikwe was the president and a northerner was the prime minster (Abubakar Tafawa Balewa).
we operated on regional governments.

i do not want to start this history thing and have another long debate.
Re: One Million Five Hundred Thousand Nigerians Died by jason12345: 2:43am On Dec 11, 2010
chyz:

Now ask you self who declared war? then ask yourself who invaded whos land first?then ask your self how would one side be wrong in invading the land of the people who invaded their land first

bruv, for you to declare your country, then you are declaring war!!!

i was viewed by the nigerian government that biafrans wanted to take some land that does not belong to them so they wanted to save their citizens.
Re: One Million Five Hundred Thousand Nigerians Died by chyz(m): 2:44am On Dec 11, 2010
jason12345:

azikwe was the president and a northerner was the prime minster (Abubakar Tafawa Balewa).
we operated on regional governments.

i do not want to start this history thing and have another long debate.

But you said something about "favorable", im guessing you meant to the igbo,so im just trying to have clarity.
Re: One Million Five Hundred Thousand Nigerians Died by chyz(m): 2:49am On Dec 11, 2010
jason12345:

bruv, for you to declare your country, then you are declaring war!!!

i was viewed by the nigerian government that biafrans wanted to take some land that does not belong to them so they wanted to save their citizens.

wrong. i real life war is declared with these words, "(I) declare war". wrong, if that was the case then there would be no war. also the nigeria government alone the north to secede but the north turned around and changed their minds after US and British diplomats convinced them about a chance to rule nigeria so that couldn't be it. Also when they were leaving what did Ojukwu say " If they want to leave let them leave!" the man didn't care.
Re: One Million Five Hundred Thousand Nigerians Died by jason12345: 2:51am On Dec 11, 2010
matazzamagi, i am waiting for your answer!!!

chyz:

But you said something about "favorable", im guessing you meant to the igbo,so im just trying to have clarity.

i believe with azikwe being the CEREMONIAL president, it would have been viewed as an attempt to relegate the west politically back then coupled with how well the igbos travelled and the fact that only the north and east had military outpost, the west had no army. it was favourable to the igbos back then and it would still have remained favourable to them if not for the coup and i believe if the statue quo continued till today, the west and mid west would have wanted to leave but would the east have allowed them (because of lagos)? the answer is NO.

the point for this is, i do not want people like matazzamagi and co to just look at it from one point of view instead they should see it fro various ethnic groups point of view since we had regional governments then.
Re: One Million Five Hundred Thousand Nigerians Died by jason12345: 2:57am On Dec 11, 2010
chyz:

wrong. i real life war is declared with these words, "(I) declare war". wrong, if that was the case then there would be no war. also the nigeria government alone the north to secede but the north turned around and changed their minds after US and British diplomats convinced them about a chance to rule nigeria so that couldn't be it. Also when they were leaving what did Ojukwu say " If they want to leave let them leave!" the man didn't care.

if its about the north seceding we all know that they can decide to secede anytime of the day and no one would raise a finger! not because we do not care, its because there is nothing anyone can do about it!!! thats the reality.

about the "declare war" stuff.

if the parent country is not willing to let you go or you cannot reach an agreement with the parent country to secede then its a declaration of war.
Re: One Million Five Hundred Thousand Nigerians Died by chyz(m): 3:04am On Dec 11, 2010
jason12345:

matazzamagi, i am waiting for your answer!!!

i believe with azikwe being the CEREMONIAL president, it would have been viewed as an attempt to relegate the west politically back then coupled with how well the igbos travelled and the fact that only the north and east had military outpost, the west had no army. it was favourable to the igbos back then and it would still have remained favourable to them if not for the coup and i believe if the statue quo continued till today, the west and mid west would have wanted to leave but would the east have allowed them (because of lagos)? the answer is NO.

the point for this is, i do not want people like matazzamagi and co to just look at it from one point of view instead they should see it fro various ethnic groups point of view since we had regional governments then.

At the time where was the West politically? Also there were no "eastern", "western" or "northern" military outposts parse.the military was national until soldiers were made to return back to there ethnical regions based on term oil within the army.was nigeria "favorable" to the Igbo back then because they held the other other regions back?if not then why was it "favorable" to us? And as far as Azikiwe being a "ceremonial" president how would that have anything to do with the west getting relegated? Also, Azikiwe was born and bred in the north,so for all we know both pres and prim were "northners".
Re: One Million Five Hundred Thousand Nigerians Died by chyz(m): 3:06am On Dec 11, 2010
jason12345:

if its about the north seceding we all know that they can decide to secede anytime of the day and no one would raise a finger! not because we do not care, its because there is nothing anyone can do about it!!! thats the reality.

about the "declare war" stuff.

if the parent country is not willing to let you go or you cannot reach an agreement with the parent country to secede then its a declaration of war.

Not so a declaration is a declaration when it is announced and also with the first shot.
Re: One Million Five Hundred Thousand Nigerians Died by udezue(m): 3:22am On Dec 11, 2010
Jason is quite a idiiot. The Tutsis after a month of genocides against them by the Hutus fought and ended the onslaught. The Jews fought back and resisted German Nazi in camps, have u heard of the Warsaw resistance? If they were able to build up an army they would have fought back even harder but they couldn't coz unlike the Igbo they were so spread out across Europe and the world. Over 50,000 Igbo and Eastern ppl killed up north was a genocide including the 1 million more that perished. 4k u.
Re: One Million Five Hundred Thousand Nigerians Died by jason12345: 3:23am On Dec 11, 2010
chyz:

At the time where was the West politically? Also there were no "eastern", "western" or "northern" military outposts parse.the military was national until soldiers were made to return back to there ethnical regions based on term oil within the army.was nigeria "favorable" to the Igbo back then because they held the other other regions back?if not then why was it "favorable" to us? And as far as Azikiwe being a "ceremonial" president how would that have anything to do with the west getting relegated? Also, Azikiwe was born and bred in the north,so for all we know both pres and prim were "northners".

okay, point taken ( on the other parts)

@ bolded

okay, i should have said it was dominated by the easterners and northerner. also, ONLY the west was occupied by the "nigerian" army back then so the insecurity among them would have been high and they might have felt like leaving nigeria. would matazzagi and udueze have complained if that statue quo remained the same for the west?

( because this argument is quite sensitive, i think we should drop it. we have done this over and over again on NL and it only ends up reopening old wounds)

chyz:

Not so a declaration is a declaration when it is announced and also with the first shot.

i wish it happens that way but it does not everytime. most parent countries would not just allow a group to secede without some sort of agreement. eg uk and usa, yugoslav wars etc.
Re: One Million Five Hundred Thousand Nigerians Died by matazzmagi(m): 3:24am On Dec 11, 2010
@jason It will be good for you to get your historical facts right. Conclusions drawn on the basis of lies and incorrect information are most certainly and inevitably wrong, their is no diferents b/w now and then killings hate still goes on in nigeria just that we are now living in the  world were technology have done wonders,example killings in jos some people took pictures, videos,with  their mobile phones not like 1967 genocide on innocent biafrans we dont have things like that to show the world what was going on cus we dont have those technology then. And dont forget in 2004 igbos were getting killed in northern nigeria,when the victims families were taking their dead love one's back to east when they got to river niger, there was a BIG OUT CRY  and people REVENGE by killing most mallams in eastern nigeria it was on the news BBC CNN, even a friend of mine his gateman an hausa man but speaks and write igbo more than some igbo's he was hiding in my friend unerground at the main house they came for him and promise my friend that they will not touch him he beged them even telling them that this man is like his father his been living with them for over 20yrs,they told him not to worry they just want to talk to him, Then my friend went inside the house and tell ALJ MUSA not to worry that he talked to them that they just want to talk to him,the musa guy was begging him that his havin bad feeling abaout these that pls he does not want to come out, my friend  told him everything is ok that he should not worry that he see him like his father and tears roll down his eyes he say cus that moment of time  he himself is not too sure what will happen to musa.After all the talking musa agreed to come out at his gate he saw angry looking people looking at them one of those people called my friend to come that he want to tell him something he put his hand across his shoulder as they were walking few yards away he heard a BIG scream and musa head was rolling on the floor the shock,he pass out woke up in hospital.So let me asked you were do you think nigeria is going from here?
Re: One Million Five Hundred Thousand Nigerians Died by aljharem(m): 3:26am On Dec 11, 2010
@jason

pls do not post to this eedoits again just stop

u are just bring urself low to this people
Re: One Million Five Hundred Thousand Nigerians Died by chyz(m): 3:30am On Dec 11, 2010
jason12345:

okay, point taken ( on the other parts)

@ bolded

okay, i should have said it was dominated by the easterners and northerner.
also, ONLY the west was occupied by the "nigerian" army back then so the insecurity among them would have been high and they might have felt like leaving nigeria. would matazzagi and udueze have complained if that statue quo remained the same for the west?

( because this argument is quite sensitive, i think we should drop it. we have done this over and over again on NL and it only ends up reopening old wounds)

i wish it happens that way but it does not everytime. most parent countries would not just allow a group to secede without some sort of agreement. eg uk and usa, yugoslav wars etc.

Now did the Easterners dominate by discrimination or hard work? the same goes for the north.
Re: One Million Five Hundred Thousand Nigerians Died by jason12345: 3:30am On Dec 11, 2010
udezue:

Jason is quite a idiiot. The Tutsis after a month of genocides against them by the Hutus fought and ended the onslaught. The Jews fought back and resisted German Nazi in camps, have u heard of the Warsaw resistance? If they were able to build up an army they would have fought back even harder but they couldn't coz unlike the Igbo they were so spread out across Europe and the world. Over 50,000 Igbo and Eastern ppl killed up north was a genocide including the 1 million more that perished. 4k u.  

whatever, i might have said worse. but learn to separate emotions from debates

@ bolded

you forgot to add that the resistance was in poland not german. secondly, did jewish soldiers kill a german to take over the affairs of the country (the first ever coup in nigeria for example). did a jewish soldier or a tutsi soldier come on national tv and say, "we have the biggest army in black africa" in their case europe and africa respectively. my brother, you need to relate scenarios to the topic!
Re: One Million Five Hundred Thousand Nigerians Died by chyz(m): 3:31am On Dec 11, 2010
alj harem:

@jason

I, myself have not been bias at all so him discussing with me is not degrading himself,thank u.
Re: One Million Five Hundred Thousand Nigerians Died by jason12345: 3:48am On Dec 11, 2010
chyz:

Now did the Easterners dominate by discrimination or hard work? the same goes for the north.

i am talking of the army. i do not know whether it was by discrimination or hard work. i guess it would have been hard work but we seem to forget that the high ranked igbos soldier told the northern soldier to surrender their weapons to them in lagos and abeokuta (yoruba lives would have been lost) where a fight broke out. all this things are from the west and midwest point of view back then.

alj harem:

@jason

cheesy don't worry, chyz is cool.

matazzmagi:

@jason It will be good for you to get your historical facts right. Conclusions drawn on the basis of lies and incorrect information are most certainly and inevitably wrong, their is no diferents b/w now and then killings hate still goes on in nigeria just that we are now living in the  world were technology have done wonders,example killings in jos some people took pictures, videos,with  their mobile phones not like 1967 genocide on innocent biafrans we dont have things like that to show the world what was going on cus we dont have those technology then. And dont forget in 2004 igbos were getting killed in northern nigeria,when the victims families were taking their dead love one's back to east when they got to river niger, there was a BIG OUT CRY  and people REVENGE by killing most mallams in eastern nigeria it was on the news BBC CNN, even a friend of mine his gateman an hausa man but speaks and write igbo more than some igbo's he was hiding in my friend unerground at the main house they came for him and promise my friend that they will not touch him he beged them even telling them that this man is like his father his been living with them for over 20yrs,they told him not to worry they just want to talk to him, Then my friend went inside the house and tell ALJ MUSA not to worry that he talked to them that they just want to talk to him,the musa guy was begging him that his havin bad feeling abaout these that pls he does not want to come out, my friend  told him everything is ok that he should not worry that he see him like his father and tears roll down his eyes he say cus that moment of time  he himself is not too sure what will happen to musa.After all the talking musa agreed to come out at his gate he saw angry looking people looking at them one of those people called my friend to come that he want to tell him something he put his hand across his shoulder as they were walking few yards away he heard a BIG scream and musa head was rolling on the floor the shock,he pass out woke up in hospital.So let me asked you were do you think nigeria is going from here?  

you are mixing things up!

1967 was a war not genocide.

secondly, jos crisis was an ethnic misunderstanding. i am sure the yorubas (main target) and the igbos  would have killed some northerners too. also, you have to take into account that these northern youths are used by their leaders like how adedibu uses his thugs to rig elections. they are uneducated and would do anything for money. so you cannot conclude that they hate igbos or yorubas.

thirdly, ethnic clashes happen regularly. it only occurs when a group of people feel insecure in their own place (thats why i keep tell the pro-biafrans to stop saying, "we own lagos"wink. i would not read much into what happen to musa. it is sacrifices that makes a country stronger not weaker. even before we had GB, there were ethnic groups that fought and some would have been almost wiped out by the opposing ethnic group. even ireland does not like britain today.

lastly, i think nigeria can only go UP if we have good leaders. our development is not based on ethnicity but a collective effort and conducive environment. once our leadership problems are solved, you would be surprised on how much we get along!
Re: One Million Five Hundred Thousand Nigerians Died by matazzmagi(m): 3:53am On Dec 11, 2010
It is important to know that Azikiwe(Nigeria's first President), Osadebe(first premier of Mid-West region) and Okpara(former premier of South East region) worked and campaigned vigorously in the Vanguard of the creation of the Mid-West region and practically brought about its emergence. The South-East gave a grant of 10 million pounds used in the creation of the Mid-West region of Nigeria.JASON biafra was a country then nigeria came to our land to fight us we never asked nigeria for anything we ahve our own banks seaport say we dont want to belong to nigeria period,if nigeria didnt come to my land to fight me why will i fight them?we didint kill any northerner the nigerian armys serving in biafran land was send back to north with no harm but igbos were getting kill in the north even those that escaped from north was stop half way any killed so tell me why will you jurge biafrans for fighting for their freedom from people like nigeria that kill them.If you dont like your friend let him or her go in peace not killing them to prove what!ohh like you said we kill  first which is lie,even doe we did, does that justify the  killing of innocent people that dont have anything to do with it,Its deeper than that,
Re: One Million Five Hundred Thousand Nigerians Died by chyz(m): 3:54am On Dec 11, 2010
jason12345:

i am talking of the army. i do not know whether it was by discrimination or hard work. i guess it would have been hard work but we seem to forget that the high ranked igbos soldier told the northern soldier to surrender their weapons to them in lagos and abeokuta (yoruba lives would have been lost) where a fight broke out. all this things are from the west and midwest point of view back then.

The midwest has always been mutual. now as far as where the top ranked igbo soldiers to the northern soldiers to surrender their weapons, where did you hear that from?Link please? i have never heard that in my life and neither has somthing like that ever been mention on nairaland.
Re: One Million Five Hundred Thousand Nigerians Died by jason12345: 4:00am On Dec 11, 2010
chyz:

The midwest has always been mutual. now as far as where the top ranked igbo soldiers to the northern soldiers to surrender their weapons, where did you hear that from?Link please? i have never heard that in my life and neither has somthing like that ever been mention on nairaland.

gowon said it on an interview

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p1MjFV98ai8

i cannot remember the exact time he said it but if you have time, you can watch the interview and see things from the nigerian point of view
Re: One Million Five Hundred Thousand Nigerians Died by matazzmagi(m): 4:10am On Dec 11, 2010
one must not necessarily employ violence as a means of achieving their freedom. The effective method of non-violent resistance is a viable option which the peoples of Biafra and Nigeria can adopt. Resolve never to participate in any other election in that country. There are myriad tactics people may improvise or initiate to ground the state to a halt until their freedom is won.
It should really not have come as a surprise to anyone that Nigeria is no more. Look at the people parading themselves as leaders of Nigeria since 1967: Yakubu Gowon, Obasanjo, Murtala Mohammed, Shagari, Buhari, Babangida, Abacha, Obasanjo, Yaradua , all virtual illiterates and common rogues.
Re: One Million Five Hundred Thousand Nigerians Died by jason12345: 4:11am On Dec 11, 2010
matazzmagi:

It is important to know that Azikiwe(Nigeria's first President), Osadebe(first premier of Mid-West region) and Okpara(former premier of South East region) worked and campaigned vigorously in the Vanguard of the creation of the Mid-West region and practically brought about its emergence. The South-East gave a grant of 10 million pounds used in the creation of the Mid-West region of Nigeria.JASON biafra was a country then nigeria came to our land to fight us we never asked nigeria for anything we ahve our own banks seaport say we dont want to belong to nigeria period,if nigeria didnt come to my land to fight me why will i fight them?we didint kill any northerner the nigerian armys serving in biafran land was send back to north with no harm but igbos were getting kill in the north even those that escaped from north was stop half way any killed so tell me why will you jurge biafrans for fighting for their freedom from people like nigeria that kill them.If you dont like your friend let him or her go in peace not killing them to prove what!ohh like you said we kill  first which is lie,even doe we did, does that justify the  killing of innocent people that dont have anything to do with it,Its deeper than that,

okay, i understand your point of view. nigeria saw it as an attempt to steal land especially when the ijaws etc said they do not want to be part of biafra. with that said, it would be viewed as a form of aggression on nigeria and her territory (remember, the midwest was invaded (even though you said it was created mainly by the effort of the se) with an intention of coming to lagos. whether it was to stop nigeria by invading her capital of it was to invade the yorubas, it did not matter because it was viewed as a form of aggression.

secondly, i have always said that there is no way nigeria can justify the killing of innocent people. it was very bad. but i think what hurts ndigbo more is the fact that a less qualified person get the job just because he is not igbo? right?
to answer that, i think things are already changing for the better!

, btw, you might be right. maybe, it actually deeper than that but we will never know!
Re: One Million Five Hundred Thousand Nigerians Died by chyz(m): 4:14am On Dec 11, 2010
jason12345:

gowon said it on an interview

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p1MjFV98ai8

i cannot remember the exact time he said it but if you have time, you can watch the interview and see things from the nigerian point of view

This is a long azz video.where in the video does he say that although i will watch the whole thing?
Re: One Million Five Hundred Thousand Nigerians Died by jason12345: 4:21am On Dec 11, 2010
chyz:

This is a long azz video.where in the video does he say that although i will watch the whole thing?

as i said earlier, i am not sure. . . . . it should be within the first 20 mins!

https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria?topic=561815.msg7265909#msg7265909

^^^^ thats also a link relating to what he said.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Lowest Ranking Police Officers To Earn N50000 Monthly- IGP / Police Detonate 963 Ied’s In Kano / 15 Great Nigerian Politicians That “buried” Their Children

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 89
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.