Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,299 members, 7,836,311 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 04:18 AM

Help! The Cause Of My Depression - Family (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Help! The Cause Of My Depression (1727 Views)

Men Are The Cause Of Moral Decadence & Indecency In Our Girls Today / A Friend Of Mine Denied His Mother In Front Of His Friends Cause Of Shame / Kayan Mata, Cause Of Alarming Rate Of Divorce In Abuja, Other States (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Help! The Cause Of My Depression by greatme2good(f): 2:24pm On Jan 25, 2020
Aloneness:

Thanks sir. I actually love God, but over the years, my depressive state has dwindled me away from his presence and my love slowly waxed cold. In my prayer points, I only write about restoration and revival, I don't ask for material stuffs.

Side hustle these days isn't as easy to come by. I wanted to learn programming and other digital skills, but I didn't get the support. I don't have any skill because the ones I asked for assistance couldn't render any assistance financially. I remember the ASUU strike that occurred in my 100lvl and 200lvl, I told my uncle about programming and how industrous I could be if I was equipped with that, but he discouraged me. I was depressed because I wasted those months learning and achieving nothing.

I wanted to learn instruments from a tender age of 15, my uncle discouraged me because he didn't want to buy a guitar for me . His reasons were because I wanted to study medicine, so how would a medicine student be an instrumentalist and still focus in school?.

He quenched my desire and despised me. I knew if I had my father, he would have supported me. I wish I had something I could do really. I was thinking of raising money to get something but with every little change I raise, there keeps coming school responsibilities.

What my friends do is yahoo yahoo and credit scam ...I don't want that. I don't want to be the reason for someone's pains as I can't stand the sight of someone in pain , how much more me , being the cause and source of their pain?...kai Kai I'd rather die.
You can still learn guitar playing without having Any. Meet your instrumentalists in church, they will teach you using your church instrument. That was how I learnt. And believe me, learning that will help you a lot coz I know guys that feed from monthly salary that church pays them. Some churches pay from 15k and many of their players are students too. Even my church pays too. And if you are really good, other churches can hire you for special programs and pay you. There's no side hustle better than this.
Re: Help! The Cause Of My Depression by Aloneness: 2:47pm On Jan 25, 2020
greatme2good:

You can still learn guitar playing without having Any. Meet your instrumentalists in church, they will teach you using your church instrument. That was how I learnt. And believe me, learning that will help you a lot coz I know guys that feed from monthly salary that church pays them. Some churches pay from 15k and many of their players are students too. Even my church pays too. And if you are really good, other churches can hire you for special programs and pay you. There's no side hustle better than this.

I was young and I didn't know who to talk to or how to approach people. i looked up to the people available to me; my uncle.
But now, since i am a bit outspoken and older , recently , i was able to meet one of the instrumentalist whom i have been paying 5k monthly to teach me how to play the keyboard. I'm doing slightly well. I might have to buy a fairly used one to enhance my learning, as the art of playing good, requires constant practice , not having one is an hindrance to my learning.
Re: Help! The Cause Of My Depression by nams77: 5:15pm On Jan 25, 2020
chival:
Your destiny is in your hands. Rise up and take it. People with a lot less than you have, have been known to make it. Determination is key. Take these steps.
1. First off rise from the bed of self pity. Leave your past in the past and don't look back. You are all you need to be happy and to succeed. Tell yourself that a hundred times a day if need be.
2. Channel your energies into developing yourself. Are there skills you possess that could stand you out? Develop them.
3. Determine what your goal is and take steps towards that.
4. Finally, if you are a Christian, pray. Develop a close relationship with God. Talk to him as you would a friend. Tell him to show you what to do and how to go about it. Consult God for every single thing. He actually answers. I know this from my own experience.
The future is waiting and it's bright. Claim it now.
Young bro, i wanted to say something but this above post enscapsulate everything.
There are only two forces that can't fail or disappoint you. God and yourself. That's all you got. Stand up and fight for your dreams and unborn kids

1 Like

Re: Help! The Cause Of My Depression by Lexxo001: 6:24pm On Jan 25, 2020
Evangkatsoulis:

Why are dey banning your account number?
Some other guy posted his details and it hasn't been deleted.
The antibot is responsible for that sir.
Re: Help! The Cause Of My Depression by Karleb(m): 3:18pm On Jan 26, 2020
The truth is; Life isn't fair and the universe doesn't care.

Live with that fact!

A lot of people are not having a life better than yours, it's not fair for you or anyone to be in your situation but then there is nothing anyone can do.

This is one reason I hate viewing this section.
Re: Help! The Cause Of My Depression by Karleb(m): 3:23pm On Jan 26, 2020
greatme2good:

Where can one get such offer, I am really interested!

I am a player without a church.
Re: Help! The Cause Of My Depression by greatme2good(f): 7:24pm On Jan 26, 2020
Karleb:

Where can one get such offer, I am really interested!

I am a player without a church.
PH ans Owerri precisely.
Re: Help! The Cause Of My Depression by abimbola74(m): 8:00pm On Jan 26, 2020
OlawaleBammie:

Oga be strong, na so life be, majority of us wey dey here face even more.

I can relate with ur story only dat my papa and mama are still very much alive and I pray they live long.

I missed that tender parental care from wen I was young and now I dont know how to miss people close to me, am always nonchalant in my dealings either with people or things cuz I hardly find tins spectacular, people always miss me wen am not with dem but me I would never tell dem I missed dem cus I actually did not miss dem.

All tru a year I wouldn't get a single wear from market but my peers are changing wardrobe every now and den.

More than 2years I wouldn't step out of my town, I wouldn't even board a vehicle talk more seeing an asphaltic road in d cities.

The tym u re preparing for exam that is wen am on d street hawking.

I became less social cus wen my mate are set for outing, u see dem with gorgeous dress but me I cant go with dem cus it's either I wear my ss2 inter-house sport vest and one native trouser(up nepa cloth)

Believe me wen I tell u dat shawa fish head is too much for only me, I would hav to share it with someone

Dont lemme even talk about the spiritual effect of this scenario, that was wen I knew dat wen u re not with ur parent den u re mostly vulnerable to the spiritual world powers, Imagine losing what belongs to u to someone unworthy of it on daily/weekly/yearly basis, imagine wanting to strive and push forward but being suppressed by unknown forces

Sebi u, u re in a university abi?? And ur uncle is responsible for it even if its partial abi? Coman ask me how i survived it na, could u believe i sat for UME in 2009 (it was still ume and pce den) and I did not have ordinarily #500, I mean common #500 to check my result. Till now I have not checked the result if I passed or not after av wasted money which I gathered from construction labourer work for months on tutorials and materials, even on accommodation in another city

MY GUY EYE DON SEE OOO, U EVEN MADE ME SHED TEARS AS AM REMEMBERING ALL THESE.

Dont lemme talk about my hunger in ND1

Lemme tell u this bro, just brace yourself up like a giant, look into the mirror and tell the person u see "u love this chalenge" den press forward, dont bother about wat others are achieving, dont pressure urself, dont go into incessant prayers without having a strategy cus dis will make u tink God doesn't answer prayer in the long wen wen u realized majority of wat u prayed for are not being fulfilled.

AND ALWAYS GIVE THANKS TO GOD

Favour will find you my man , I love you bruh . You are strong .
Re: Help! The Cause Of My Depression by OlawaleBammie: 9:32pm On Jan 26, 2020
abimbola74:

Favour will find you my man , I love you bruh . You are strong .

Amen in Jesus Name.

that is me for u bro, I just thank God for today.
Wen I see younger ones of today sayin dey are depressed I will just smile and shake my head.

Tho life is even unfair to itself talk more of its inhabitants, I pray Baba God favors us all.

once again tanks bro.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Help! The Cause Of My Depression by Mryacks: 10:24pm On Jan 26, 2020
chival:
Your destiny is in your hands. Rise up and take it. People with a lot less than you have, have been known to make it. Determination is key. Take these steps.
1. First off rise from the bed of self pity. Leave your past in the past and don't look back. You are all you need to be happy and to succeed. Tell yourself that a hundred times a day if need be.
2. Channel your energies into developing yourself. Are there skills you possess that could stand you out? Develop them.
3. Determine what your goal is and take steps towards that.
4. Finally, if you are a Christian, pray. Develop a close relationship with God. Talk to him as you would a friend. Tell him to show you what to do and how to go about it. Consult God for every single thing. He actually answers. I know this from my own experience.
The future is waiting and it's bright. Claim it now.

Good advice..

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

The Only Secret To No Divorce In Marriage / My Wife Cannot Work, Please Help / Why Do Some Women Turn To S.U Almost Immediately After Marriage?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.