Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,696 members, 7,809,634 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 12:18 PM

How To Cope With A Stingy Boyfriend? - Romance (15) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / How To Cope With A Stingy Boyfriend? (64078 Views)

Please Help Suggest Very Good Flimsy Excuses To Dump A Very Stingy Boyfriend / Your Encounter With A Stingy Partner? / My Girlfriend Called Me A Stingy Guy (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) ... (22) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How To Cope With A Stingy Boyfriend? by Briller: 12:38pm On Apr 02, 2020
tabithababy:
Op, I beg you , forget the guy

Or prepare to feed him, his kids, his family and side chicks from your own money

He keeps seeing you as a fo'ool.... Am very sure you are giving him free sex, money, food and even calling him with your money

Loove ooooo

Lol. To true talk. OP, run and don't stop running. I have first hand experience and my case was even better cause I saw little money and gifts a few times. I wasn't very comfortable with that then, but I thought things would straighten out after marriage. It never got any better but has totally deteriorated.

2 Likes

Re: How To Cope With A Stingy Boyfriend? by Nobody: 12:39pm On Apr 02, 2020
Arsenate:

Bro, no disrespect, but you are dating Funmistiqueen which means you have an extremely poor taste in women and hence you are in no position to call another man half a man.

Just take several seats and stfu.
. So you didn't take up my challenge? I guess you are a kid and I just wasted my productive time. Next time know your place.
Re: How To Cope With A Stingy Boyfriend? by Evercurious(f): 12:39pm On Apr 02, 2020
BluntTheApostle:

That you have been through it does not count at all. Many guys have been dumped by girls that they spent heavily on. Does it mean that every girl that a man spends on would end up jilting him?

For instance, the guy's supposed stinginess can be as a result of many factors:

1. He might be spending on someone else as you said.

2. He might be stingy as the OP suspects.

3. He might be merely prudent. Maybe there was a time in his life when he spent money anyhow, and so he has taken charge of his finances more prudently. This happened to me. My mom's death made me realize that you can't afford to spend money anyhow.

4. His take-home pay may be half of his salary.

5. The 5k loan may not all be his money. Maybe it is even a debt that he owes someone.

Pls stop all this stupid and flimsy excuses for ones wickedness and stinginess . Go get a life pls cos it's obvious some of you dont deserve to be loved.. You just come around to drain one emotionally, financially and all round
Re: How To Cope With A Stingy Boyfriend? by Ogediluv(f): 12:40pm On Apr 02, 2020
All the men here won't tell u the truth, they will support their fellow man. That is how one visited me last year and spend one week in my house, he came with just bread and ate the rest of the things on his way coming. I feed him well, and of course the other side too. But after one week when he was leaving, he didn't drop a kobo for me, knowing fully well that I wasn't doing anything serious then just a salary of 20k a month, and he is working in a very reputable company with a good pay. So I confronted him after he left and told him what he did I never like, guess what? He begins to lament that I love money, that I'm abusing him coz I gave him food whereas I didn't, he said all manner things. My dear, I ran for my dear life. How a man treat u in a relationship is definitely how he will treat u in marriage.

4 Likes

Re: How To Cope With A Stingy Boyfriend? by Evercurious(f): 12:40pm On Apr 02, 2020
edoboy74:

She is not worth any penny from that guy, if she really love him like how she made us feel, she won’t bring this topic or report her bf to this forum... she is a gold digger

Really? Some people dont deserve to be loved..
Re: How To Cope With A Stingy Boyfriend? by Genset: 12:40pm On Apr 02, 2020
pocohantas:

Naso. I have a dream... grin

The mistresses’s bf shouldn’t come to disturb is when he finds out she is cheating. It is all for the brotherhood.

Poco dear , i love the way u reason a lot. Can we be friends ? I have sent u a p.m before and u did not reply me. By the way, i'm also a female like you. No homo ooo � before people start thinking things .
e
Re: How To Cope With A Stingy Boyfriend? by edoboy74(m): 12:40pm On Apr 02, 2020
grandstar:

Your guy may be the natural stingy type. . He won't change. He probably boasts to his friends that he has this 1 girlfriend that does not ask him for money.

Next time he's coming, ask him to buy you a meatpie.

We are generous to people we love because it makes them happy. We want to see them happy.
It also makes the giver happy.

Stinginess isn't a good trait as it will make you miserable. One of the joys of a marriage is each party spoiling the other. You give him a meal treat whenever he comes, that makes him happy. It won't be bad if he brings a Shoprite loaf of bread or 2kg of turkey wings.

Such thoughtfulness lights up a marriage.

So your entitlement in a relationship is meatpie, this girl is probably worse than an “Okpo”

Talking about stinginess, what are you doing to fend for yourself and your bf or husband other than seat there typing jamborees. Only God knows how many guys you have bill today for maggi and 2 satchet water
Re: How To Cope With A Stingy Boyfriend? by Stevyne: 12:40pm On Apr 02, 2020
mharyamikeola92:
Pls help me move this to front page.

I am a working class lady and I hardly demand things from whosoever I love.

There is this guy that I ave been dating for years now. I don’t know what to call his behavior, whether it is stinginess or the other way round.

I noticed that whenever he comes visiting, he doesn’t bring anything and I get to cook and takecare of him. I was forced to talk 1 day.

The last time he came visiting, he brought bread and other stuffs along which he ended up eating all by himself. I decided not to cook or do anything but I couldn't take it so we went out to buy stuffs. I needed to use POS and I forgot my phone at home. So I begged him to transfer 5k to the lady and that I was going to transfer back to him when we get home. We ended up using the money to get chicken, pepper and other stuffs.

On getting home I demanded for his account details in order to transfer the money back and to my surprise, he gave me and I transferred the money.

My major concern is that this guy has never given me common N10 and he is working. I don’t know if he's worth settling down with cos I fear for my future. Will he be able to give if he has more? This is the guy that is already telling me to come meet his mum cos she wants to see me.

Pls no insults, just advice.
Family comes frist
Re: How To Cope With A Stingy Boyfriend? by LordShiva97(m): 12:41pm On Apr 02, 2020
yettymuse:
You are dating a dusty. Dusty loves independent women. My sister, run it will end in tears

What's wrong with dating an independent woman, shouldn't responsible adults be independent?
Re: How To Cope With A Stingy Boyfriend? by presido997(m): 12:41pm On Apr 02, 2020
mharyamikeola92:

I really don’t lyk going out..But I don’t know how some1 will travel from Lagos to Osun without buying common bread

if it's about buying something I personally don't like buying things for my lover, but I can give you the money to buy sha
Re: How To Cope With A Stingy Boyfriend? by LordShiva97(m): 12:42pm On Apr 02, 2020
bonnyhope:

You are a very unique girl

I have never come across a lady like you.

A lady who doesn't demand and the same time is also ready to spend her own even on her guy

You are entirely different from other naija girls

Cringy af!
Re: How To Cope With A Stingy Boyfriend? by friendl: 12:42pm On Apr 02, 2020
Please where are you ? So that l can date you ,na one yeye imo girl wan frustrate her papa because of money.
Re: How To Cope With A Stingy Boyfriend? by Ijowboiii(m): 12:42pm On Apr 02, 2020
Even thuo we advise you, u'll go back to the stingy man with sweet penis
Re: How To Cope With A Stingy Boyfriend? by edoboy74(m): 12:43pm On Apr 02, 2020
emmansus:
Madam you already have one piss off of why the relationship is not the type you want and intend spending the rest of you with,so why ask question before you quite.my dear am a lady too,it is obvious there is one side of the relationship you are still enjoying which you are not telling us.madam no dey manage relationship what you can not treat with your spouse during courtship and dealth with it,it as good as quit.shikena.

Somebody bring this girl for my final blessings
Re: How To Cope With A Stingy Boyfriend? by LordShiva97(m): 12:44pm On Apr 02, 2020
samwash:
A working class guy dating a girl & can't even spend on her. This is not a test to kwn if the girl actually loves him & can stay with him when suitation occurs.
What is love in a relationship without giving.
Some pple thinks dating or relationship is all abt sex, it comes with responsibilities.
What is that lady is in a financial mess , the boy friend can't even bail her out,not to talk abt one of her family member needs financial help, what will the BF now do in such suitation.
Lady, the signs are clear, the hand writing is bold enough, make ur choice , you destiny is in your hands .

What concerns a boyfriend and the girl's family member that needs financial help?
Is he part of their family?

1 Like

Re: How To Cope With A Stingy Boyfriend? by Nwaonyishi69: 12:46pm On Apr 02, 2020
Please, can you be honest? Are you talking as a stingy girl friend whose investment is on an expected maga or are you a sex service provider who expects given charges for the number of rounds of orgasms? What lavishes have you rendered for his patience with you or do you take it for granted that you have a boyfriend?
Re: How To Cope With A Stingy Boyfriend? by Nobody: 12:46pm On Apr 02, 2020
How to cope with a stingy boyfriend? It's very simple

Get off your lazy entitled arse and go get yourself a job!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How To Cope With A Stingy Boyfriend? by kwakwakwa(m): 12:46pm On Apr 02, 2020
Ogediluv:
All the men here won't tell u the truth, they will support their fellow man. That is how one visited me last year and spend one week in my house, he came with just bread and ate the rest of the things on his way coming. I feed him well, and of course the other side too. But after one week when he was leaving, he didn't drop a kobo for me, knowing fully well that I wasn't doing anything serious then just a salary of 20k a month, and he is working in a very reputable company with a good pay. So I confronted him after he left and told him what he did I never like, guess what? He begins to lament that I love money, that I'm abusing him coz I gave him food whereas I didn't, he said all manner things. My dear, I ran for my dear life. How a man treat u in a relationship is definitely how he will treat u in marriage.

He gave you fluid freely without asking anything in return nah grin

Its a WIN-WIN ................................ grin
Re: How To Cope With A Stingy Boyfriend? by DedeNkem: 12:48pm On Apr 02, 2020
mharyamikeola92:
Pls help me move this to front page.

I am a working class lady and I hardly demand things from whosoever I love.

There is this guy that I ave been dating for years now. I don’t know what to call his behavior, whether it is stinginess or the other way round.

I noticed that whenever he comes visiting, he doesn’t bring anything and I get to cook and takecare of him. I was forced to talk 1 day.

The last time he came visiting, he brought bread and other stuffs along which he ended up eating all by himself. I decided not to cook or do anything but I couldn't take it so we went out to buy stuffs. I needed to use POS and I forgot my phone at home. So I begged him to transfer 5k to the lady and that I was going to transfer back to him when we get home. We ended up using the money to get chicken, pepper and other stuffs.

On getting home I demanded for his account details in order to transfer the money back and to my surprise, he gave me and I transferred the money.

My major concern is that this guy has never given me common N10 and he is working. I don’t know if he's worth settling down with cos I fear for my future. Will he be able to give if he has more? This is the guy that is already telling me to come meet his mum cos she wants to see me.

Pls no insults, just advice.

You didn't tell us what happens whenever you visit him. There could be a vital info. there.

Anyway, he came to your home, you decided to cook. You went to the market with him. Then you borrowed the 5k from him to make the purchases and later paid him back (that was the agreement). All these why your decisions not his!

If you can't host him at your home, tell him! He may suggest something else. You can't force someone to spend money simply because they came to your home.
Re: How To Cope With A Stingy Boyfriend? by Ogediluv(f): 12:49pm On Apr 02, 2020
U are stupid and foolish I swear. I pity the lady that will accept u as her he-goat in d name of marriage.

Vega100:

It is because of people like you I now pay every lady I f*uck, and now see all like sex workers, na still because of people like you to see wife done hard me, despite how hard I try!!!
E no go better for all the women like you when don make every girl look like common prostitutes, e no go better for all of una one bit, the God i serve go punish all of una finish and make it also hard for you to see any good thing in this life.

Amen!!!

1 Like

Re: How To Cope With A Stingy Boyfriend? by Evercurious(f): 12:49pm On Apr 02, 2020
james6381:
No man is a stingy. Every man is a giver. For the fact that he did not give you money doesn't mean he is a stingy man. It could be that he's trying you or your patience as a wife to be. Please be wise not to loose your chances. Because you are his girl friend doesn't mean he can't give you money or support. Wait until you becomes his wife and see the difference between girlfriend and wife. Maybe that's his own strategy for a good woman. Men a looking for a wife material with different testing actions towards a lady. If the lady is not the patience type she will loose one of the best husband that could be hers to another lady. If you love him be patience and humble. If do not love him, find your way.

One of the numerous lies I was told..

Op, take this advice and weep all the minutes of your life
Re: How To Cope With A Stingy Boyfriend? by Jefferyhi86(m): 12:49pm On Apr 02, 2020
OrestesDante:
angry bros back don touch ground tire na, check her highlights RELATIONSHIP FOR YEARSangry angry

That's a real OG. The real hackagon.

Na sense and overwisdom go kill that guy. cheesy

In case of separation, no one get used. So it is a win-win situation from the scratch. No one loses.
I hope your back never dey ground.

Re: How To Cope With A Stingy Boyfriend? by crafteck(m): 12:50pm On Apr 02, 2020
Get a job you can cope
Re: How To Cope With A Stingy Boyfriend? by Nobody: 12:50pm On Apr 02, 2020
pocohantas:

No vex, but my own done finish. Someone else can see this and come through.
your own no go finish grin naa the give away finish wink

Thanks all the same kiss
Re: How To Cope With A Stingy Boyfriend? by kunleajao(m): 12:50pm On Apr 02, 2020
Op, cos the guy doesn’t give you money doesn’t make him a sting type he might be testing you to know if you are a wife material I could remember some years ago there is this lady I know she was dating a guy and the guy is ok though the lady was working but the money is not much and also schooling then so she is the one finance herself and the guy is also schooling where there the lady is schooling and whenever the guy dropped her at Berger when coming back from school he will give her #50 Naira for transport and the lady stay in olambe after Akute if you know this place you will know that 50 Naira can’t take her to alagbole from Berger self and she came and explain everything to me what the guy did he gave her 50 Naira for transport then I now told her that he might be testing you that ask him if you need anything but don’t ask him what is beyond is capacity and the lady took to what I told her and it’s work today they are both married they live in their own house and the guy even bought this lady a car...... and if I may hear you, he came to visit you and you said he doesn’t buy anything mind you don’t forget about the transport he used or are you the one that give him?? Although unsolicity advice you keep it to yourself but what I will also tell you is if you need something ask but don’t ask him what is beyond is capacity relationship shouldn’t be a job opportunity wish most girls have turn it to

1 Like

Re: How To Cope With A Stingy Boyfriend? by Nwaikuku4zion: 12:51pm On Apr 02, 2020
BluntBlunt:

My advice is for you to dump him. Quietly distance yourself. It's in a mans nature to care for his woman. He is probably spending his money elsewhere.

My thought too.

2 Likes

Re: How To Cope With A Stingy Boyfriend? by Nobody: 12:51pm On Apr 02, 2020
Jaubdu:
. That half of a man is using you. Love is not dumb don't be a fool. If he is not working then I can understand. If you can cope with him the future,you are OYO

He's half a man because he doesn't pay for sex? Would you also say that a woman is half a woman if she doesn't pay for sex?

1 Like

Re: How To Cope With A Stingy Boyfriend? by Nwachitext(m): 12:54pm On Apr 02, 2020
Run for your life my sister.
Re: How To Cope With A Stingy Boyfriend? by Supergirl19: 12:55pm On Apr 02, 2020
mharyamikeola92:

I ave my own job and a well paying job..I don’t need a man to b dere financially but is there a big deal in a man buying gifts for some1 he claims to love not necessarily money
Nothing wrong sister. He has a lady who earns, the least he can do is shower her with gifts & you do likewise. Nothing wrong, he just comes off as being carefree in that aspect which is not a good behavior.
Re: How To Cope With A Stingy Boyfriend? by Nobody: 12:55pm On Apr 02, 2020
mharyamikeola92:

I really don’t lyk going out..But I don’t know how some1 will travel from Lagos to Osun without buying common bread

I don't. In fact i hate that buying of bread when travelling. Would rather get something u would like when i come or we go out and have fun... who want dey carry bread upandan undecided
Re: How To Cope With A Stingy Boyfriend? by omooba969(m): 12:55pm On Apr 02, 2020
grandstar:

Your guy may be the natural stingy type. . He won't change. He probably boasts to his friends that he has this 1 girlfriend that does not ask him for money.

Next time he's coming, ask him to buy you a meatpie.

We are generous to people we love because it makes them happy. We want to see them happy.
It also makes the giver happy.

Stinginess isn't a good trait as it will make you miserable. One of the joys of a marriage is each party spoiling the other. You give him a meal treat whenever he comes, that makes him happy. It won't be bad if he brings a Shoprite loaf of bread or 2kg of turkey wings.

Such thoughtfulness lights up a marriage.

This is the problem - Op has succeeded in painting the picture of a stingy bf but I want to believe the guy isn't stingy/tightfisted.

These chicks always want MORE.

Op is manipulative IMO. cool
Re: How To Cope With A Stingy Boyfriend? by Nobody: 12:56pm On Apr 02, 2020
RisenPhoenix:

He's half a man because he doesn't pay for sex? Would you also say that a woman is half a woman if she doesn't pay for sex?
. A woman cook for you, clean house for you to stay, spend quality time with you yet you can't appreciate it even when you are working, if I do it to your sister hope you will be comfortable with it? No decent woman will talk about sex here because relationship is not transactional. It is evil if you can't share with your partner. Get my point.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) ... (22) (Reply)

Ladies Why Do You Enjoy Kissing So Much? / Brazilian Girl Puts Up Her Virginity For Sale For N133million, Lists Her Rules / Ladies Beaten By Guys They Took Transportation Money From And Never Showed Up

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 74
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.