Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,553 members, 7,812,769 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 06:59 PM

My Business Started Crumbling Since I Moved Into This Apartment - Properties (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / My Business Started Crumbling Since I Moved Into This Apartment (52273 Views)

This Apartment Is An Example Of ‘Don’t Judge A Book By Its Cover’ (Pix, Video) / Yay!!!... Today Is My Happy Day! Just Moved Into My Own Apartment / I Want To Quit The Apartment I Moved Into Just A Month Ago. Noise Is Killing Me (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Business Started Crumbling Since I Moved Into This Apartment by pasuma(m): 2:13pm On Jan 28, 2020
please how does one get into digital marketing...
dake40:

Calm down young man, don't 't attract negative thoughts...

You mentioned that you moved to a new and better city, meaning you've rented a new office/shop too

Am right?

UPDATED

Okay.. You mentioned you are also a Digital marketer, maybe you run Ads on daily basis to get leads. I'm a digital marketer myself and have faced similar issues like yours.

Sales dropped, i had to check myself, expenses and spending before getting back on my feet...

You are a digital marketer, dont let any archaic thought bring you down.....

However, these maybe the reasons why you are not getting leads

1. You may have secured the new apartment with funds you out to have spent on Running ads
2. Lets say you rely on SEO for traffic, There's an Algo update from Big G, maybe this's what's affecting your business

If you can be more open about the kind of Digital marketing you do, i'm sure you'd see useful advice

Re: My Business Started Crumbling Since I Moved Into This Apartment by NDUKADIKE: 2:13pm On Jan 28, 2020
Leave that house immediately. You are now residing in a cursed house with cursed land. If you remain there, poverty will become your constant companion and best friend. The time to move is NOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Daumandu:
Can This Lead To The Downfall Of Someone?

I just moved in to a bigger city and a better and bigger apartment. I co-rented a flat with a middle aged man.

Now here is the problem, in my business at least in a week, I attend to nothing less than 20 clients but since one month I moved to this apartment I have not seen a single client.

Any day I do my digital marketing I am sure to see at least 10 to 20 enquires but since a month I moved to the apartment no body ever chatted me up for business.

Today I had to withdraw the last 5k in my account. The least amount I ever had in my account was 20k now I only have 500. I am someone that always enjoy the grace of God in my business but now its as if heaven has turned it's back against me. I am seriously thinking of leaving the apartment.

Any Advice?
Re: My Business Started Crumbling Since I Moved Into This Apartment by Nobody: 2:13pm On Jan 28, 2020
Thank you Jesus !
My brother listen in as much as I know that there are times when things go low for an individual. I also know the plan of God concerning his Children. He said the path of the just shinneth brighter everyday till the perfect day of the Lord. We are not permitted to have a better yesterday.

I can relate with what you arw going thru
First make enquiry about the last tenant that occupied the apartment
Look at the live love of your co tenant

Then PRAY about it.

There are houses that has been convenanted with demons. Yes baba you heard me. The tenant go down and the owner experience growth.
Did you see the face of God before moving In.

Please bro try as much as you can to locate winners chapel where you are. Please next Sunday is covenant day of rest. Please do so .

May God grant you rest in all this wahala.

I am breaking limits !

2 Likes

Re: My Business Started Crumbling Since I Moved Into This Apartment by plaetton: 2:14pm On Jan 28, 2020
Daumandu:

I just moved in to a bigger city and a better and bigger apartment. I co-rented a flat with a middle aged man.

Now here is the problem, in my business at least in a week, I attend to nothing less than 20 clients but since one month I moved to this apartment I have not seen a single client.

Any day I do my digital marketing I am sure to see at least 10 to 20 enquires but since a month I moved to the apartment no body ever chatted me up for business.

Today I had to withdraw the last 5k in my account. The least amount I ever had in my account was 20k now I only have 500. I am someone that always enjoy the grace of God in my business but now its as if heaven has turned it's back against me. I am seriously thinking of leaving the apartment.

Any Advice?
Lol.
Typical Nigerian. Instead of taking responsibility for lapses in your business strategies, you now want outsource responsibility to your new apartment, and possibly housemate.
Tomorrow you will go to a pulpit pi.mp to ask for deliverance, and then you become their maga for life.

That your business is slowed down means that something is either happening in your business or in your sector. You have to be proactive and recognize what is happening. Is it due to a general slow down in the economy?
Is there a shift happening in your sector ?
Are you pulling your weight or are you lax in terms of the quality of service you are providing to your customers ?

Take responsibility and find ways to turn your business around.
Success or failure in business are not due the machinations of imaginary demons and spirits .

3 Likes

Re: My Business Started Crumbling Since I Moved Into This Apartment by bergs2: 2:14pm On Jan 28, 2020
Daumandu:

Bro ur ordeal has nothing to do with your new location neither are u under any spell.
@ bolded: God gives both the favourable and unfavourable circumstances.
When u enjoy plenty, prepare to enjoy famine and lack.
That is how life is.
Re: My Business Started Crumbling Since I Moved Into This Apartment by lucky4west: 2:18pm On Jan 28, 2020
men i had a similar experience and was worse off by the time i left i left, sold almost every thing abeg start moving out the earlier the better
Re: My Business Started Crumbling Since I Moved Into This Apartment by plaetton: 2:19pm On Jan 28, 2020
Celestial777:
Thank you Jesus !
My brother listen in as much as I know that there are times when things go low for an individual. I also know the plan of God concerning his Children. He said the path of the just shinneth brighter everyday till the perfect day of the Lord. We are not permitted to have a better yesterday.

I can relate with what you arw going thru
First make enquiry about the last tenant that occupied the apartment
Look at the live love of your co tenant

Then PRAY about it.

There are houses that has been convenanted with demons. Yes baba you heard me. The tenant go down and the owner experience growth.
Did you see the face of God before moving In.

Please bro try as much as you can to locate winners chapel where you are. Please next Sunday is covenant day of rest. Please do so .

May God grant you rest in all this wahala.

I am breaking limits !
Bullshyte.

Ask him instead to do a self audit about his business, his sector and the quality of service he provides.
Stop blaming imaginary things for personal lapses or failures.
C'mon, this is the 21st century for god sake. undecided

1 Like

Re: My Business Started Crumbling Since I Moved Into This Apartment by americaninja1: 2:19pm On Jan 28, 2020
OP u just moved to a new city, is too early to start judging or complaining about a house dat has nothing to do with your business. Get familiar with people with people dat run same business as u. Connect and stop staying indoor, wat i know is ur new house is ur comfortzone, better than where u coming from, that can make u feel relax.its psychology. A normal event dt occurs. [/b]
Daumandu:
[b]Can This Lead To The Downfall Of Someone?

Any Advice?

2 Likes

Re: My Business Started Crumbling Since I Moved Into This Apartment by magicminister: 2:20pm On Jan 28, 2020
Thinking like this will never get you rich!
You have to look inwards not outwards. You’re already looking for a ghost to blame and a pastor to give your non-existent earnings to.

My question to you:
Have you sought out successfully mentors in the business?

Do you get feedback from your customers on how you can improve?

Rather than scoring new customers, why not work harder to ensure that any customer you had in the past will return to you for more work?

Does your business bring value to people and do you find fulfillment doing it??

Poor man, The solution to your situation lies in the answers to those questions!

2 Likes

Re: My Business Started Crumbling Since I Moved Into This Apartment by Hifeylove: 2:20pm On Jan 28, 2020
Wait on God.... life is not Maitama or Asokoro where you see smooth roads, sometimes you experience it rough and a little bit of changes.. just stay low and continue praying... you can text me your details for additional # 500 to your low account...
Re: My Business Started Crumbling Since I Moved Into This Apartment by MISTAICEY02288(m): 2:23pm On Jan 28, 2020
americaninja1:
Have read some stories on quora by White people claiming they see ghost in a new apt they moved too and how it affected their emotion, health and finance. Imagination and believe also play a major role. U moving from a beautiful flat and going broke or nt moving to ur new building might be because the beautiful flat u rented is gulping a large amount of ur annual income and staying in a rugged cheap house can also help u save enough to move to ur new house.

Hmmm on this your comment, i think i will rather agree with the former. I mean the ghost thingy. Although, we never really saw any ghosts in the apartment but there was absolutely no progress for anyone there. Not my family alone, buh every other tenant there.. I tend to believe there were some unseen spiritual forces involved in the house... It wasn't really about the House rent fee. In fact, when we later moved to the other apartment, the rent for it was pretty much same with the previous one.
Re: My Business Started Crumbling Since I Moved Into This Apartment by plaetton: 2:23pm On Jan 28, 2020
plaetton:

Lol.
Typical Nigerian. Instead of taking responsibility for lapses in your business strategies, you now want outsource responsibility to your new apartment, and possibly housemate.
Tomorrow you will go to a pulpit pi.mp to ask for deliverance, and then you become their maga for life.

That your business is slowed down means that something is either happening in your business or in your sector. You have to be proactive and recognize what is happening. Is it due to a general slow down in the economy?
Is there a shift happening in your sector ?
Are you pulling your weight or are you lax in terms of the quality of service you are providing to your customers ?

Take responsibility and find ways to turn your business around.
Success or failure in business is are not due the machinations of imaginary demons and spirits .

Just to add, if you continue to wallow in self pity and continue pointing fingers at imaginary enemies, you will lose it all, especially the patience , fortitude , courage and necessary creative impulse to rejuvenate and reinvent your business.
Soon, pastors and all manners of conmen will start calling, and we all know where that will take you.
Re: My Business Started Crumbling Since I Moved Into This Apartment by MISTAICEY02288(m): 2:24pm On Jan 28, 2020
americaninja1:
Have read some stories on quora by White people claiming they see ghost in a new apt they moved too and how it affected their emotion, health and finance. Imagination and believe also play a major role. U moving from a beautiful flat and going broke or nt moving to ur new building might be because the beautiful flat u rented is gulping a large amount of ur annual income and staying in a rugged cheap house can also help u save enough to move to ur new house.

Hmmm on this your comment, i think i will rather agree with the former. I mean the ghost thingy. Although, we never really saw any ghosts in the apartment but there was absolutely no progress for anyone there. Not my family alone, buh every other tenant there.. I tend to believe there were some unseen spiritual forces involved in the house... The Owner of the house had died and the wife and kids were in charge of the property. It wasn't really about the House rent fee. In fact, when we later moved to the other apartment, the rent for it was pretty much same with the previous one.
Re: My Business Started Crumbling Since I Moved Into This Apartment by WildChild00(m): 2:24pm On Jan 28, 2020
Daumandu:

Any Advice?

Hallo

You just need to calm down, business is always ups and downs, sometimes you win and other time you loose, it definitely has nothing to do with you changing apartment, perhaps it might just be that the year is just starting, and most clients/companies do budget a certain amount of monies to do business after the January schedule, you never can tell, just keep all hopes alive and keep believing, you will get back on your feet again.

Cheers!
Re: My Business Started Crumbling Since I Moved Into This Apartment by Nobody: 2:27pm On Jan 28, 2020
Daumandu:

Any Advice?

Thanks for sharing

Of course I don't know the full situation, but this could be a wake up call for you to restrategize

Lots of OTHER THINGS must have changed between being in your last apartment and your moving in here. Why are you being particular about the house?

Now there could be some sinister supernatural angle, but you also need supernatural wisdom to see some of the other variables you could be missing

Focusing on just the apartment alone may not fully address this issue

Cheers

1 Like

Re: My Business Started Crumbling Since I Moved Into This Apartment by malele(m): 2:28pm On Jan 28, 2020
Daumandu:

Any Advice?

Bro pls park as soon as possible, the house is the problem.
Re: My Business Started Crumbling Since I Moved Into This Apartment by plaetton: 2:28pm On Jan 28, 2020
NDUKADIKE:
Leave that house immediately. You are now residing in a cursed house with cursed land. If you remain there, poverty will become your constant companion and best friend. The time to move is NOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Mechie onu dia.

Why are we so beholden to irrational thinking ?
As a man thinket , so he lives.

If our mind lack the basic skills to confront life's business up and downs , then we are little more than toddlers that need constant handholding.

1 Like

Re: My Business Started Crumbling Since I Moved Into This Apartment by Khaleell001(m): 2:32pm On Jan 28, 2020
Daumandu:

Any Advice?

I think it has more to do with your business startegy than your current location.

I think you need re-strategize that's all.
Re: My Business Started Crumbling Since I Moved Into This Apartment by Greatihex(m): 2:33pm On Jan 28, 2020
Daumandu:

Any Advice?
oga, don't allow anybody to deceive you that it is coincidence.

Believe you me, it is spiritual. Some landlords are that bad.

You really have to tarry in prayers.
Pray until something happens.
Don't stop praying
Re: My Business Started Crumbling Since I Moved Into This Apartment by Naijabash(m): 2:35pm On Jan 28, 2020
My brother you are very very correct. He spent all his savings on renting an expensive apartment snd nothing left to take care of his business. His problem is what they call "I have arrived syndrom"
dake40:

Calm down young man, don't 't attract negative thoughts...

You mentioned that you moved to a new and better city, meaning you've rented a new office/shop too

Am right?

UPDATED

Okay.. You mentioned you are also a Digital marketer, maybe you run Ads on daily basis to get leads. I'm a digital marketer myself and have faced similar issues like yours.

Sales dropped, i had to check myself, expenses and spending before getting back on my feet...

You are a digital marketer, dont let any archaic thought bring you down.....

However, these maybe the reasons why you are not getting leads

1. Maybe you secured the new apartment with funds you should have spent on Running ads
2. Lets say you rely on SEO for traffic, There's an Algo update from Big G, maybe this's what's affecting your business.
3. Bigger city comes with BIGGER spending. This may have drained you

If you can be more open about the kind of Digital marketing you do, i'm sure you'd see useful advice

2 Likes

Re: My Business Started Crumbling Since I Moved Into This Apartment by americaninja1: 2:35pm On Jan 28, 2020
Paranormal events occur. Life is a mystery, no one really understands how it revolves. I believe we have people who are good at unraveling the spiritual thing.
MISTAICEY02288:

Hmmm on this your comment, i think i will rather agree with the former. I mean the ghost thingy. Although, we never really saw any ghosts in the apartment but there was absolutely no progress for anyone there. Not my family alone, buh every other tenant there.. I tend to believe there were some unseen spiritual forces involved in the house... The Owner of the house had died and the wife and kids were in charge of the property. It wasn't really about the House rent fee. In fact, when we later moved to the other apartment, the rent for it was pretty much same with the previous one.
Re: My Business Started Crumbling Since I Moved Into This Apartment by FRANKOSKI(m): 2:38pm On Jan 28, 2020
CHANGE YOUR MINDSET & LIVE LIFE OF PRAYERS.
Re: My Business Started Crumbling Since I Moved Into This Apartment by bigass123(m): 2:41pm On Jan 28, 2020
NOETHNICITY:
The exact reason am scared to relocate from my current place.
It's like there is loads of luck packed inside the house.

My landlord told me while I was about to rent the place that no occupant of that very flat has ever packed out unless they are moving into their own apartment. Seems very real

My dear brother /sister the heavens have smiled on you to be situated where you are.. It's on you to make the best use of it and do something very meaningful before leaving the place.
I have lived in a house like that.. Even local shoe maker earning 'peanuts' bought a piece of land and started developing it. It's a face me, I slap you apartment at that time. Today I thank God, many years have passed and I still can't forget the grace I enjoyed. It was a foundation for me.

2 Likes

Re: My Business Started Crumbling Since I Moved Into This Apartment by redsun(m): 2:41pm On Jan 28, 2020
The apartment can only be bad for you if you paying too much rent,compare towhat you were paying before or you have nuisance neighbours that are distracting your attention and focus.

Business is all about strategies and continuous improvement that comes from understanding your business better and how to stay afloat in the midst of ruthless competitions and external environmental factors,especially in a country like Nigeria with little or no business ethics and regulations.
Re: My Business Started Crumbling Since I Moved Into This Apartment by Khaleell001(m): 2:43pm On Jan 28, 2020
malele:

Bro pls park as soon as possible, the house is the problem.

This is the kind of religious naïvety many of us exhibit and we think it is healthy.

It has nothing to do with the house, but how to look at his modus operandi for his business in view of his current location, and in business, everything goes up and down, it's all about tweaking it and working hard at making it.

1 Like

Re: My Business Started Crumbling Since I Moved Into This Apartment by hollowpot15684(m): 2:43pm On Jan 28, 2020
Daumandu:

Any Advice?

I felt you are making a case out of a mere coincidence, which is very likely to an average African.

There are about five planes of existence which may correlate or have influence on your business turnover, I realize you only focus on just one.

Why don't you seek solution to your current state from a holistic perspective?
No doubt, prayer is good and some landlord may be terrible, but I will advice that you should not really join this religious rat race happening here in Africa.

You will be surprise at what you might discover.
Re: My Business Started Crumbling Since I Moved Into This Apartment by bigass123(m): 2:45pm On Jan 28, 2020
leocollins:

you no well,thunder fire you

Looks like this is the co-tenant the Op. was talking about. grin
Him don see say dem table him matter for NL grin grin grin
Re: My Business Started Crumbling Since I Moved Into This Apartment by delawal: 2:47pm On Jan 28, 2020
Sonnobax15:
grin Exactly the same shiit my elder sister was complaining about as at last week...just imagine someone who was making atleast 30k daily while she was occupying a one room apartment now finds it difficult to make even 2k daily since she moved into a two bedroom flat...oga,things do happen,infact,forces still exist till 2moro.
what kind of Biz is she into?
Re: My Business Started Crumbling Since I Moved Into This Apartment by felixray2010(m): 2:49pm On Jan 28, 2020
Buhari
Re: My Business Started Crumbling Since I Moved Into This Apartment by LOVEGINO(m): 2:51pm On Jan 28, 2020
Hypnotise:
There's a time for everything. Life isn't a straight road. There must be ups and downs.
u ve said it all. Based on our poor mentality, I don begin suspect my landlord also. Lol

2 Likes

Re: My Business Started Crumbling Since I Moved Into This Apartment by backnbeta(f): 2:55pm On Jan 28, 2020
Yoighaman:

OP's business is online- digital marketing...has nothing to do with his relocation.

Ok.
Re: My Business Started Crumbling Since I Moved Into This Apartment by PapaAdanna: 2:55pm On Jan 28, 2020
Daumandu:

Any Advice?
If you carry this mentality you are gonna stay here for long.
Just pay attention and check what you are not doing right and fix shit up

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Updated Cost Of Renting A 2 Bedroom Apartment In Lagos / Osibona: My Ikoyi Building Projects Are Driven By Grace,Peace & Faith(Throwback) / Why Do Affluent Areas In Nigeria Do This?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 107
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.